Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,706 members, 7,914,910 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 01:23 PM

How Trump Plans To Stop Birthright Citizenship In The U.S - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Trump Plans To Stop Birthright Citizenship In The U.S (625 Views)

159 Nigerians Renounce Citizenship In 2022 – FG / Wike: NDDC Not Any State, Ethnic Group’s Birthright / How Trump's Iran Bombing Will Affect Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

How Trump Plans To Stop Birthright Citizenship In The U.S by Lacy5: 2:17pm On Oct 30, 2018
The worst fear of many non-U.S citizens is coming to a reality as President Donald Trump strikes immigrants again with his plans to sign an executive order to expunge the right to citizenship for babies of non-citizens and unauthorized immigrants born on U.S. soil. Trump disclosed this long-feared plan in an exclusive interview with HBO network for a new four-part documentary news series titled “Axios on HBO”

This would certainly be the most dramatic move made by Trump in his extreme immigration campaign, but this time targeting “anchor babies” and “chain migration.” This news however shocking is not unexpected from Trump as he has since waged war against immigrants and non- citizens of the U.S from the moment he began his administration. However, with Trump’s power to push his plan through executive action being debatable, victims of this iniquitous plan will not go down without a fight as another stand-off with the courts is anticipated to happen.

Whats your take on this debate? Is President Trump in the right to order the prohibition of birthright citizenship to the children of non- U.S citizens and immigrants born on American soil?

Read more in the link below and comment:
https://olatorera.com/president-trump-succeeds-in-bringing-the-worlds-worst-fear-to-intiqreality-as-he-plans-to-cease-citizenship-by-birth-right-for-non-citizens-and-immigrants/
Re: How Trump Plans To Stop Birthright Citizenship In The U.S by sharaawy(m): 2:23pm On Oct 30, 2018
j
Re: How Trump Plans To Stop Birthright Citizenship In The U.S by Nobody: 2:42pm On Oct 30, 2018
So that means them seyi law,omawunmi,bovi who dey take their wives and spent a lot of money to go birth for USA to get their babies citizenship will relinquish their citizenship right?

1 Like

Re: How Trump Plans To Stop Birthright Citizenship In The U.S by ZombieNation: 2:45pm On Oct 30, 2018
Nigerians should be the last to criticise Trump on this as Nigeria as a nation or within any of her sub states do not utilise birth place in conferring citizenship.

Only the Tokunbo baby scampers will object to this.
Re: How Trump Plans To Stop Birthright Citizenship In The U.S by McStoic(m): 3:07pm On Oct 30, 2018
I like Trump, but this move ies wrong. Why spoiling the process he benefited from. The best of Americans are immigrants, so this can't stand. WATCH THIS SPACE.
Re: How Trump Plans To Stop Birthright Citizenship In The U.S by AroleOduduwa(m): 3:11pm On Oct 30, 2018
ZombieNation:
Nigerians should be the last to criticise Trump on this as Nigeria as a nation or within any of her sub states do not utilise birth place in conferring citizenship.

Only the Tokunbo baby scampers will object to this.

I disagree with you on this, there will be a lot of undocumented children if this plan manage to succeed.
Re: How Trump Plans To Stop Birthright Citizenship In The U.S by AroleOduduwa(m): 3:12pm On Oct 30, 2018
McStoic:
I like Trump, but this move ies wrong. Why spoiling the process he benefited from. The best of Americans are immigrants, so this can't stand. WATCH THIS SPACE.

All Americans are immigrant except the red indians

1 Like

Re: How Trump Plans To Stop Birthright Citizenship In The U.S by ZombieNation: 3:19pm On Oct 30, 2018
AroleOduduwa:

I disagree with you on this, there will be a lot of undocumented children if this plan manage to succeed.

Nigerian citizenship is only at the discretion of the President.

If you like born up till 4 generations, you will remain Ghanaian.

If States do not recignize citizenship by birth how come do you expect the FG to do same?

I am no way concerned in American citizenship process as I am not an American citizen neither do I wish to be in future rather what I am pointing out is the hypocrisy of you Nigerians who will attack Trump on this but deny an Igbo citizenship of Lagos after being born and raised there all is his life.
Re: How Trump Plans To Stop Birthright Citizenship In The U.S by McStoic(m): 3:33pm On Oct 30, 2018
AroleOduduwa:

All Americans are immigrant except the red indians

i know. That's why i said the best of Americans are immigrants. This is a nation of Immigrants.
Re: How Trump Plans To Stop Birthright Citizenship In The U.S by Mynd44: 3:35pm On Oct 30, 2018

(1)

Imo APC Crisis: More Troubles For Okorocha, Nwosu As APC Removes Names Of Agburu / WAEC Headquarters In Ghana Said Has No Record Of Buhari’s Certificate – Reno / Queen Elizabeth In 2003 Vs Prince Charles With Traditional Ruler In 2018 - Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.