Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,676 members, 7,924,191 topics. Date: Sunday, 18 August 2024 at 05:21 AM

Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season (2715 Views)

Poll: Who Is This Season's Footballer Of The Year?

Ronaldo: 68% (17 votes)
Drogba: 20% (5 votes)
Totti: 4% (1 vote)
Daniel Alves: 0% (0 votes)
Stephen Gerrad: 8% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

Queen Asisat Oshoala Crowned Bbc Women Footballer Of The Year / Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 / Glo/caf Awards: Africa Awaits Top 3 Contenders For Footballer Of The Year Crown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by debosky(m): 10:15pm On Apr 13, 2007
maybe someone else will have something intelligent to say

NEXT! angry
Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by Mustay(m): 10:23pm On Apr 13, 2007
These arsenal fans. Very ungrateful.
Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by 9ja4eva: 10:29pm On Apr 13, 2007
LMAO

CRISTANO RONALDO
Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by 4Play(m): 10:36pm On Apr 13, 2007
@Christino

The title of this thread contains the phrase "Muppet Of The Season".We all know what Baptista did in previous seasons,the question is what has he done this season ?

In any case,the fantastic work he did over previous seasons makes him even more a candidate for "Muppet Of The Season.He has fallen from great heights.

If you take what he has done before and compare it to what he has done this season,the case for making him "Muppet Of The Season" becomes clearer
Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by debosky(m): 10:38pm On Apr 13, 2007
In fact i'm promoting him, he's a Super Muppet angry, second only to the Chris Suttons (I remember his chelsea flop) and Richard Wrights of this world.
Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by Mustay(m): 10:38pm On Apr 13, 2007
Na so abi?
Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by Christino(m): 10:39pm On Apr 13, 2007
Comparing Julio with Henry's haul of goals is indeed woeful, he is an attacking midfielder quite alright but he is not a striker.

Julio can play anywhere on the pitch, maybe Mourinho'd know how to get the best outta him. I saw his goals for Sevilla and you can't but agree with me dude's d beast, moreover, it's really hard for spanish imports to make an impact in the premiership let alone in the first season. Morientes, Luque, and Del Horno are good examples. He's nearly spanish and is struggling to settle in England. Kanoute, Pongolle, Owen are premiership exports who did us proud.

To nail a player due to half a season's perfomance is really sad, esp. coming from a GUnner like you guys, i'm disappointed. Drogba smacked double mouthed chelsea fans in the face earlier this season. Maybe Wenger'll keep his fate in his guys and get the best out of them, the same set of Glocks'll definitely return to say they are the best in the world.

Even the aliadiere who assisted most of his goals against liverpool has been named in the muppet list, it's d same liverpool (Reina -ve) the "senior" team were unable to withstand.

I run down o! grin

@ 4Play,

Honestly, I don't know what to call the likes of Chelsea's latest imports this season if Julio qualifies for the muppet award. Let's see how it goes then. Maybe Sam's acquisition of Andranik was a fluke, we shall see.
Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by 9ja4eva: 10:40pm On Apr 13, 2007
debosky:

maybe someone else will have something intelligent to say

NEXT! angry

Silence
Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by Mustay(m): 10:42pm On Apr 13, 2007
Wondering
Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by 4Play(m): 10:43pm On Apr 13, 2007
@Christino
You are right,Baptista's natural position is as attacking midfielder behind the front 2.Wenger has played him to far forward because of the striking crisis.He has hardly adapted to playing in  a new country and he has to adapt to playing in an unfamiliar role
Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by Mustay(m): 10:44pm On Apr 13, 2007
All hail d analyst
Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by debosky(m): 10:49pm On Apr 13, 2007
Muppet - worst performance (given expectations/skills or previous reputation) in the current season.

Drogba may have been a muppet in his first season (though i doubt it), but now he's good.

Baptista flopped! hence his qualification, and which half a season? 6 games to go and its half a season?

He is a muppet, guaranteed angry

wrong position does not infect you with inability to control the ball, or shoot and hit the target, that is a personal failure. Damn y'all are getting me all worked up thinking about this wrong footed oaf angry angry
Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by Mustay(m): 10:50pm On Apr 13, 2007
A muppet who earns alot of money
Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by 4Play(m): 10:53pm On Apr 13, 2007
debosky:

wrong position does not infect you with inability to control the ball, or shoot and hit the target, that is a personal failure. Damn y'all are getting me all worked up thinking about this wrong footed oaf  angry angry

I agree Baptista has been a huge disappointment.However,if you are playing out of your natural position in your first season in  new country,that can affect even the basic skills of a footballer.

As a striker,he has less time and space than in midfield.The pace of the Premiership is also much quicker than what he is used to in Spain.
Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by Christino(m): 11:15pm On Apr 13, 2007
Debosky can also tell me why the world cup wonder kids, Tevez and Mascherano are suddenly muppets and why All time great long range shooter Ballack can't even score at close range in the Premiership. grin

This is one award i'm looking out for. I'll be glad if a defender or a goalie can get it instead shocked

And what's happening to Aghahowa? whilst Baptista, Tevez and co came on switch/loan deals, he was outrightly purchased, no glory in sight? how about Jason Roberts, and the low returns of esteemed Marlon King?

It's getting even more interesting. grin

I'm yet to see a gunner who hasn't laid all the woes of the season on Wenger and Baptista. Can't we for once stand by our word, believe in ourselves? Boro have lost 7-0 to Arsenal and no one called for Schwarzer's head, Dudek was crucified the moment Baptista ended his career, Yakubu has had loads of bad games and rued opportunities but but but Gunners, i hail o.
Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by debosky(m): 11:20pm On Apr 13, 2007
Mascherano is no muppet - he barely played, he showed his true quality against Arsenal at Anfield

Tevez? first season in Europe, playing for a mediocre team, not really a muppet.

Aghahowa? no one expected miracles from him, I knew he was finished like 2 seasons ago.

Marlon King? small fry

Yak has scored more than Baptista, he is a more consistent player

Ballack? an overpaid ninny playing on his last legs, didnt expect too much.

Dudek and Shwarzer had one off bad days, Baptista has been consistently horrible - minus one game against liverpool and one game against tottenham

that equals 2/15 very poor!!

Baptista is truly a muppet
Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by rikkyjen(m): 11:34pm On Apr 13, 2007
debosky:

Mascherano is no muppet - he barely played, he showed his true quality against Arsenal at Anfield

Tevez? first season in Europe, playing for a mediocre team, not really a muppet.

Aghahowa? no one expected miracles from him, I knew he was finished like 2 seasons ago.

Marlon King? small fry

Yak has scored more than Baptista, he is a more consistent player

Ballack? an overpaid ninny playing on his last legs, didnt expect too much.

Dudek and Shwarzer had one off bad days, Baptista has been consistently horrible - minus one game against liverpool and one game against tottenham

that equals 2/15 very poor!!

Baptista is truly a muppet

Kpom!
Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by Christino(m): 11:37pm On Apr 13, 2007
Mascherano's example was just the one against Arsenal, i'm sure he didn't get a rating of 10 compared with Julio's Liverpool rampage.

Zamora is in the same team as Tevez, same mediocre team. Yak came from Israel, Maccabi and made his intentions known in his first season.

Marlon King, small fry? Na only you fit talk am sha, if na someone else i for attack am.

Yak plays in EVERY game, baptista is usually a sub, plus Yak usually plays as a lone striker, his natural position, Baptista is just a merry go round, plus Yak is an excellent penalty taker.

Dudek was contracted to play only in cup games, but after Baptista wasted him twice, he'll never get in between d net @ anfield ever again. I don't think he has played in the EPL this season. England number 2 is ready to boot him off next season. No Schwarzer, boro for relegation, no doubt.

Mascherano couldn't hold down first team jersey @ West Ham and you say he is no Muppet, i tire o. Tevez stayed and fought for his shirt, see the difference?
Eto'o proved his class while at Mallorca, Yak was good even with lowly Portsmouth, SWf @ Man City, Martins @ Newcastle, Pederson @ Blackburn . . . I know say I be Muppet, but i'm enjoying this.
Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by debosky(m): 12:00am On Apr 14, 2007
Christino, you dey make me laff oh!

Javier's problem at W/ham wasn't lack of ability, it was the coach's philosophy.

you were the one who quoted 15 starts - out of them he played well in only 2 games!! haba if that is not poor what else is?

dudek had a bad game, but he was almost finished anyways, hence the cup only thing, Baptista is sposed to be in his prime, if this is it, then its too poor!!

Zamora is a small fry as well, if not he wdnt be at W/ham.

Tevez i can give the adjustment thing to , it was still a mediocre team

Yak is a better player as you've said, but Baptista cannot but be a muppet, 2 games not withstanding.
Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by 4Play(m): 12:01am On Apr 14, 2007
Tevez is not a disapointment and he is the leading candidate to win Hammers footballer of the season
Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by 9ja4eva: 12:03am On Apr 14, 2007
Correct him oh.He knows nothing about football.
Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by debosky(m): 12:07am On Apr 14, 2007
4play restrain this your man utd problem child grin grin

where did I say Tevez was a failure?

at least he scored 3 goals in 3 games with consistent performances, not like julio 'flash in the pan' baptista cheesy
Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by 9ja4eva: 12:08am On Apr 14, 2007
Now i know you dont understand English.No need.Am out om here.
Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by Vieira(m): 12:35am On Apr 14, 2007
Christino abi wetin be your name.

Has Baptista performed THIS season?

If you think yes then I award you the muppet title.

If you think no, then what is the argument.

No one is talking about the past or the future, we are talking THIS season.

and if you see my post I even said he may still come good next season.

I beg read and comprehend not read and just start ranting jare.
Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by Christino(m): 1:11am On Apr 14, 2007
Viera,

Let's give Julio muppet of the season

Then we'll give you muppetsnippet of the century wink

Because I know that if we were 2 count all the goals you have scored in "Monkey Posts", "Sets" and arguments, they are definitely not up to the 8 baptista has scored this season grin and I don't know why you should judge him based on the number of goals scored when he is not a striker. You can fire Aliadiere based on that but not Baptista, it's like playing Cahill upfront grin

What i'm saying is those crucifying Julio are clearly Gunners. They are the "aggrieved or wounded" ones and even if Julio scores a gucci trick till the end of the campaign, he'll forever remain a muppet of the decade. I await the day when ya'll turn the heat up Fabregas' arse, i've heard gunners destructively criticize Henry (of course on Nairaland). Here, they have rubbished Adebayor and even Walcott (Same gunners) and now that Baptista's the scapegoat i'll just sit in here and laugh, but you can be sure i'll poke you in the ribs when the time comes.

Keep Muppetting cheesy

Haven't you heard that wenger should be sacked shocked? Who else would clamour for that if not Gunners? Earlier this season it was all over the threads like the same team that reached the final of the Champs league wud be going 2 relegation. . . the same double mouthed usernames. Should i name names? No be time to flog with cane abeg. Make una carry go, i wan go sleep.
Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by rikkyjen(m): 6:02am On Apr 14, 2007
@ Christino

Should i name names? No be time to flog with cane abeg.
Make una carry go, i wan go sleep.

Am feeling this Ruggedy baba shi!@t you just spat bro cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by debosky(m): 10:17am On Apr 14, 2007
Christino no gree me vex oh, it is officially an abomination to mention Henry and that brazillian in the same sentence, abeg no dull T14 by associating him with that dude.

Fabregas is quality, he simply hasnt scored enough, and lets not forget he's only 19, ditto for walcott just 17 or is it 18 now, plus playing with injury for long spells this season. I would rate them both faaaar above fabregas,

Baptista is simply a mega flop, no excuses possible, unless he scores like 4 goals before the end of the season (6 more games) but we all know that aint gonna happen

and regarding the 'monkey post goals'

http://www.legacygames.ubc.ca/leagues/teamPage.cfm?ActID=5&path=soccer&Term=1&PoolName=M-T2-CWD&TeamName=PEM%20FC

my name is #1, with 3 goals from 2 games, heck Wenger should sign me up, I go score pass julio 'muppeto' baptista cheesy
Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by Vieira(m): 10:41am On Apr 14, 2007
Chei I don suffer!

Before you award me muppet, if you see me for set you for fear o!

I be like Fabregas and Ronaldo combined!!

How you fit compare Fabregas and Baptista

Lets put goals aside as you seem to think him scoring 4 against Liverfool should excuse him for life.

Have you seen Baptista's touch?

His touch is atrocious

He also takes to much time on the ball

In the premiership that is not allowed o!

Also to further prove my fantatstic sports skill, check this out:
http://www.tnsquash.leaguerepublic.com/
Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by 4Play(m): 10:46am On Apr 14, 2007
Vieira:

Also to further prove my fantatstic sports skill, check this out:
http://www.tnsquash.leaguerepublic.com/

Wetin this thing got to do with anything? You wan make I show you a League Table with my name on top,no be even 2nd  grin

All these Gooners,people are boasting about 1st place ,you are boasting about 2nd grin

@Debosky
Bush man!  grin No be in alphabetical order them put the names grin Baptista middle name na muppetista no be muppetto
Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by Vieira(m): 10:55am On Apr 14, 2007
grin grin
You dey craze!

I am aiming for 1st spot!!

(not very likely though!)
Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by mukina2: 12:27pm On Apr 14, 2007
pre-intimacy post ur own . grin am sure you are 10th

Debo i'll tell him to sign you cheesy
Viera didnt know you could play squash i[size=4pt] suck at that game[/size] grin
Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by Christino(m): 3:40pm On Apr 14, 2007
@ Viera,

That Kay guy go popo your head, d guy never lose, who im be sef? That league looks interesting, i'll join u guys next season

I'm No 83 on ESPN soccernet Fantasy League, and Number 1 on my board, i'll post d screenshot later. Anywhere you see EnyimbaFC, that's Christino (proudly nigerian)

Did you see what Adebayor did one on one? I believe Baptista has a great chance today if @ all he's in d line up.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Coaches, My Super Ten. / Michael Essien Wears Chelsea Captain Band For First Time / PHOTOS: Cristiano Ronaldo Opens His Own Museum To Show Off Achievements

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.