Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,246 members, 7,943,485 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 04:51 PM

Make Money Before You Get A Job - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Make Money Before You Get A Job (446 Views)

Wanna Make Some Money Before It Cast / How To Make Money Before The End Of This Year Using Only TIKTOK / Learn Wordpress 2020 And Make Money Before 2021 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Make Money Before You Get A Job by lansintech(m): 10:10pm On Oct 30, 2018

Sounds contradictory right? I mean while make money then get a job to make money.
Ideally a job is a machinery where you develop your labor skills, interpersonal skills and help the economy at the same time for a token fee. However, the Nigerian Labor system is one of exploitation where the only one who benefits is your boss that's why they always need young workers fresh out of university who haven't earned wages with the aim of paying them chump change that does not measure up to the value one provides for the company and end up with you hating your job and feeling entitled which causes frustration when you are demoted, berated or fired
Take it from a dude grin who has chopped every type of insult known to man in the work place, before you find a job you should know your value and come correct(wink by the way that’s what I mean by make money first before you get a job)
When I was 23 years old I started a job with a pretty cool tech firm and I went there with the 'I am here to learn' mentality ,omo I turn company driver, I turn receptionist,I turn door mat for people to dey shine all my ideas weren't valued and at the end of the day I got so seriously depressed that I just stopped work without the official tender of resignation then I found another job and entered with the 'I no dey gree' mentality which meant I wasn't gonna take their "corrections" or perform any 'favors' for anyone and I'm not lying when I say I was under probation on my 3rd month.
I notice them dey always throwe head for ground for one small boy wey dey the office,I come follow the guy flow only to find out his dad was an ex minister and he drives a ford and studied in the uk and is just working to build his cv I mean this guy I won't lie he was good at his job but if he misses work or makes a mistake on the job they don't say anything to him whereas the day I said I was sick, they yelled at me over the phone, wrote me up and I had to spend 3k to get sick report to show them at work before they believed me and didn't deduct my pay, I started to feel bad that perhaps I was really really incompetent or a push over people just loved to pick on j mean it was so bad I even got blamed for my boss's mistakes shocked have you seen that kind thing before?
anyway my agidi got me demoted because I wasn't seeing eye to eye with mgt and I ended up leaving again.
The moral of the story is not just to have a lot of cash and wear designer clothes and stuff but to have a sense of your worth before you start your career, plan your career path know your strengths and develop on your short comings, step your game up have the mentality of a leader have the mind of building the company that will put you high above your peers by far no matter your position,
you will notice people will talk to you with respect, they won't send you on unnecessary errands, you won't be talked down to and you definitely won't be on the wrong side of company politics

Hello
Do You want To Create A Responsive website for your business, firm, Shop or personal?
Ok Great! Lansintech is a web solutions company with dedicated Web Developers Ready to Help You Right now, I have attached a free website template to this thread(drop your email here to get this template in PDF)
Enjoy!

Re: Make Money Before You Get A Job by Seconsol92(m): 10:27pm On Oct 30, 2018
lansintech:
Meaning?
Re: Make Money Before You Get A Job by forreelinc(m): 7:58am On Oct 31, 2018
grin lol op what are you smoking
Re: Make Money Before You Get A Job by friendlyadvice: 8:02am On Oct 31, 2018
I don already tell my God say nothing for this life go make me work for one man business
Re: Make Money Before You Get A Job by kobosmart(m): 8:43am On Oct 31, 2018
Bobo oti frustrate o grin
Nigerian bosses are such assholes
Na so my oga talk some kind jargons say them wan win contract so we wan do one thing one thing say make we come work on sunday,I just do like say I no hear.Monday e come dey talk rubbish say insurbodination I tell am pele say I forget.
Untop how much you wan kill person

(1) (Reply)

Work From Home Sales Job Opening Or Opportunity!!! / 22-year-old Being A Pilot By Day And Event Planner At Night / A

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.