Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,223 members, 7,880,838 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:52 AM

Pls I Need Assistance On Upload My Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Pls I Need Assistance On Upload My Website (563 Views)

Pls Help I Need A Website That I Can Upload My Music / How Can I Upload My Site That I Created With Joomla To Internet / How Do I Upload My Website? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls I Need Assistance On Upload My Website by jjjkkkooo: 7:17pm On Jul 19, 2010
i uploaded my site using cpanel after designing with joomla. I noticed that d site is totally blank on d internet. while uploading i didnt bother to upload all the content of the tmp folder because i noticed it was 76MB, But i uploaded d folder with the index file inside it. Also i didnt upload all other unused templates. Could any of these have caused d blank site?

Pls assist!
Re: Pls I Need Assistance On Upload My Website by DualCore1: 7:42pm On Jul 19, 2010
Why don't you just install joomla on a fresh account online and upload your template files and any extensions you may have installed, then export your database to the one online?

For those using CMS, I think it is wiser for you to work this way.
Re: Pls I Need Assistance On Upload My Website by jjjkkkooo: 7:51pm On Jul 19, 2010
Dual Core:

Why don't you just install joomla on a fresh account online and upload your template files and any extensions you may have installed, then export your database to the one online?

For those using CMS, I think it is wiser for you to work this way.

Did u mean i should install joomla again on my system or on d cpanel. i dont understand? i ve already installed joomla on my PC (localshost). Used it to design a website. Could u guide me on ur sugeestion pls. Thanks.
Re: Pls I Need Assistance On Upload My Website by DualCore1: 8:02pm On Jul 19, 2010
My guide may not be a perfect one as I dont really use CMS but it may still be useful.

I meant installing it from your cPanel, if you have Fantastisco.

Once you've installed it, use an FTP client to access the directory online where you installed it.

Compare the folder structure of the one u have on your system (localhost) and the one online. Look for the differences and update the one online with the one offline (localhost), the common differences should be the template you are using that any extensions you may have installed by yourself.
Go to your database on your localhost through phpmyadmin and export your database then goto the database which the CMS you installed online uses and import the database your exported from your localhost. When exporting your database from your localhost be sure to "check" the option that talks about dropping tables if it already exist.

If you're online I could do this for you but I'd be happier if you can do this by yourself so you learn.
Re: Pls I Need Assistance On Upload My Website by jjjkkkooo: 8:44pm On Jul 19, 2010
I really appreciate ur assistance. A friend of mine who is more advanced in joomla promises to render assistance 2morrow. i ll get back to you.
Re: Pls I Need Assistance On Upload My Website by DualCore1: 8:50pm On Jul 19, 2010
Good. Be sure to learn from the experience.
Re: Pls I Need Assistance On Upload My Website by bros12345: 11:03pm On Jul 19, 2010
Case closed

Next!
Re: Pls I Need Assistance On Upload My Website by DualCore1: 11:04pm On Jul 19, 2010
Re: Pls I Need Assistance On Upload My Website by jjjkkkooo: 11:20pm On Jul 19, 2010
Dual Core:

JJKKoo, read this in your free time http://docs.joomla.org/How_do_you_copy_a_site_from_localhost_to_a_remote_host%3F

i got a clue to to what Dual Core explained. But my concern is if i install the joomla on the hosting server as Dual core said, most of the folders on my machine get increased during design so i ll have to upload all the folders again after d design. Its not only d template and extension as he stated earlier. Other files also increased in size. I think his step may not work that easily.
Re: Pls I Need Assistance On Upload My Website by jjjkkkooo: 10:43pm On Jul 20, 2010
i got d solution. i missed one folder in d template folder. its working now!

(1) (Reply)

Cheapest Web Hosting Service For N2,000/yr You Must Have / Top 10 Web Hosting Componies In The World / Web Professional Needed For Maintenance - 18k/16hrs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.