Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,624 members, 7,888,989 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 07:55 PM

60,000km Road Linking Kenya To Lagos To Be Constructed - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 60,000km Road Linking Kenya To Lagos To Be Constructed (321 Views)

More Than 60 Million Nigerians Are Unbanked – World Bank / Short Man Climbs Chair At First Bank Ikotun, Lagos To Transact Business- Picture / Innocent Chukwuma Flown To Lagos In Shorts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

60,000km Road Linking Kenya To Lagos To Be Constructed by rodeo0070(m): 7:38am On Oct 31, 2018
Recently appointed as the African Union special envoy for infrastructure development in the continent Raila Odinga has announced plans to construct a 60,000km road linking Mombasa in Kenya to Lagos in Nigeria in a bid to link Africa through modern highways and railways.

The opposition leader indicated that linking  Kenya to Nigeria via road will be among his priorities as African Union’s high representative of infrastructure and development. He intends to oversee construction of 60,000km Trans-African highway project commissioned in 1971 to open up the continent for trade.

“Primary projects will be an 8,000 km highway linking Cairo (Egypt) to Dakar in Senegal. Another 8,0000 km road will stretch from Cairo and Cape Town (South Africa). A 60,000kms road linking Mombasa (Kenya) to Lagos (Nigeria) is part of this ambitious project,” said Raila Odinga.

Road infrastructure

President Uhuru while congratulating Raila on the new appointment said the position would be beneficial to Kenya.

Raila who said he accepted the role by AU because he believed land transport was an integral part of the continent’s economic growth added he intended to have another 4,700kms road between Dakar and Lagos built. He explained that out of nine highways proposed over four decades ago, only the 4,500kms road between Dakar and N’Djamena in Chad had been constructed.

“My belief is that having reliable road infrastructure and railways linking all corners of Africa will open up the continent and make it a gateway to the 21st century. Through my new position I am determined to take Africa to economic independence,” affirmed Raila.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/60000km-road-linking-kenya-to-lagos-to-be-constructed/

Re: 60,000km Road Linking Kenya To Lagos To Be Constructed by Nobody: 7:40am On Oct 31, 2018
God is great. This, if it's true, will boost sub Sahara Africa countries' economies.
Re: 60,000km Road Linking Kenya To Lagos To Be Constructed by ayourbamie: 7:50am On Oct 31, 2018
So many criminals on that road
Re: 60,000km Road Linking Kenya To Lagos To Be Constructed by Lagosfinder(m): 8:03am On Oct 31, 2018
Let it be true
Re: 60,000km Road Linking Kenya To Lagos To Be Constructed by Homeboiy: 8:11am On Oct 31, 2018
Na motor won go that journey?
Re: 60,000km Road Linking Kenya To Lagos To Be Constructed by saintjimos(m): 8:17am On Oct 31, 2018
oh God

GREAT DEVELOPMENT
AIDS EXPORT
IF ONLY WE AREN'T SCAM
Re: 60,000km Road Linking Kenya To Lagos To Be Constructed by Biggcake: 8:20am On Oct 31, 2018
Homeboiy:
Na motor won go that journey?

At the speed of 120kmphr, it will take 20 days (Day and night without stop overs) to reach Kenya from Lagos.

Which kind car them want use drive?

Na the young shall grow bus?

Abi na "Iffisinasichukwu bus"?

Ohhh, I forgot. The will use Peace Mass Trransport.
Re: 60,000km Road Linking Kenya To Lagos To Be Constructed by olusun43(m): 8:26am On Oct 31, 2018
What a great project....
Re: 60,000km Road Linking Kenya To Lagos To Be Constructed by Homeboiy: 8:33am On Oct 31, 2018
Biggcake:

At the speed of 120kmphr, it will take 20 days (Day and night without stop overs) to reach Kenya from Lagos.

Which kind car them want use drive?

Na the young shall grow bus?

Abi na "Iffisinasichukwu bus"?

Ohhh, I forgot. The will use Peace Mass Trransport.

hahaha

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Loan Of One Million Naira / I Need A Pin Verified Nigerian Adsense To Buy / Any Perfume Dealer Here?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.