Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,784 members, 7,898,800 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 07:28 PM

NLC Slams Governors’ Forum, Demands N66,500 Minimum Wage - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC Slams Governors’ Forum, Demands N66,500 Minimum Wage (26443 Views)

Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH / NLC Slams TUC For Pulling Out Of Strike / Mr Jollof Slams Governors Who Matches Nose Mask With Their Shirts, Sharing Rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NLC Slams Governors’ Forum, Demands N66,500 Minimum Wage by tetralogyfallot(m): 5:57pm On Oct 31, 2018
Bhh
Re: NLC Slams Governors’ Forum, Demands N66,500 Minimum Wage by Nobody: 5:57pm On Oct 31, 2018
Nigeria can afford to pay this money.The cost of running the Nigerian government is too expensive. If we must move forward in this country ,government officials have to be put on minimum wage,that is the only way out.

70% of tax payers money is used to fund the lavish life style of government officials and their families to the extent that they will prefer to die on the corridors of power.Many have turn the upper chamber to their retirement homes. Bunch of greedy ,self centered polithifians who are only there to serve their pockets,nonsense

5 Likes

Re: NLC Slams Governors’ Forum, Demands N66,500 Minimum Wage by daywatcher: 5:58pm On Oct 31, 2018
forgiveness:
N66,500 is very ok. That's about N2,216.6 per day. Meaning, N316.6 per hour. That's a good one.

The Senators should reduce their salary. We don't want constituency projects again.

Let it be used for salary.

Great comment especially the part about constituency projects.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC Slams Governors’ Forum, Demands N66,500 Minimum Wage by MunaX: 5:58pm On Oct 31, 2018
I just hope the workers won't be the one to suffer for all this fight...where two elephants fight, the grass suffers for it!...NLC mouth sef no dey one place, just dey change figure anyhow
Re: NLC Slams Governors’ Forum, Demands N66,500 Minimum Wage by citymen(m): 6:02pm On Oct 31, 2018
I'll be the happiest person should Labour maintain their stance of #65,500.Maybe this will be the first time ever that NLC will stand firm and fight with all their might for workers. How on earth should a human being be living on #22,500 per month ($63)?
Owing to high cost of living such as rent, food, transport, etc. Why is it that the Nigerian Government has deliberately reduced its citizens to nothing? What exactly are politicians doing in Government that made them deserve the humongous amount to earn?
The problem I would say is still with the people. Come 2019, they'll still come out and vote for same politicians who have nothing to offer them but to continue to plunder their generation deeper, into extreme poverty.

1 Like

Re: NLC Slams Governors’ Forum, Demands N66,500 Minimum Wage by Nobody: 6:04pm On Oct 31, 2018
LordAdam16:
This is why I don't take NLC serious.

One day you'd say 50k. Another day 45k. Another day, 30k. Now, 66k.

It just looks like they're playing silly games with the lives of workers. Now it'd take at least another month for them to get the rate back to the 30k they had been begging for.

I'd be very (and pleasantly) surprised if the agreed minimum wage exceeds 25k.

Wabba is an id*ot.

-Lord

Maybe u are new to the labour struggle, 65k wasn't set in stone. Things like thus is all about give and take, if u don't give u stand loose all u have, so don't blame them
Re: NLC Slams Governors’ Forum, Demands N66,500 Minimum Wage by LordAdam16: 6:04pm On Oct 31, 2018
pejuakinab:
I will suggest that Labour leaders should henceforth stop demanding for the 30k minimum wage rather they start channeling their struggle towards clamouring that all Governors, serving ministers and other public office holders be placed on minimum wage as well and regularized all the illegal allowances they are raking in.
My submission as I Atikulate.

There's no reason why they can't do both.

You'd be surprised that the public officials will also increase their already bogus salaries after they increase the minimum wage, and NLC will keep quiet because at least they've settled workers.

Tomorrow we'd all be complaining we're spending all our money on recurrent expenditure.

-Lord

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC Slams Governors’ Forum, Demands N66,500 Minimum Wage by PedroNascimento: 6:06pm On Oct 31, 2018
smiley
Re: NLC Slams Governors’ Forum, Demands N66,500 Minimum Wage by LordAdam16: 6:07pm On Oct 31, 2018
gadgetsngs:

Maybe u are new to the labour struggle, 65k wasn't set in stone. Things like thus is all about give and take, if u don't give u stand loose all u have, so don't blame them

The reason they're going for the Nov 7th strike AFAIK is because of 30k after the FG said 24k. Less than a week to the date, they've gone back to 66k. How does that make sense?

-Lord

1 Like

Re: NLC Slams Governors’ Forum, Demands N66,500 Minimum Wage by LucemFerre: 6:07pm On Oct 31, 2018
We all know this isn't gonna happen. This sh!t isn't realistic na. NLC don see workers finish, smfh
Re: NLC Slams Governors’ Forum, Demands N66,500 Minimum Wage by AdonaiAluminium: 6:10pm On Oct 31, 2018
Honestly the Nigerian workers deserve the 66k minimum wage and more going by economic realities on ground. The govt has been unfair to them over time.

Contact us for all Your roofing Jobs, water collector systems, insulated roofing sheets and panels, roof maintenance services etc
Re: NLC Slams Governors’ Forum, Demands N66,500 Minimum Wage by chinedumoooo: 6:10pm On Oct 31, 2018
I can see that the president of NLC has turn the whole salary issues into political agitation and personal glory.To go with fact and what is on ground the initial #18,000 remain very difficult for some Governors to pay, some states till have upto 2-24months to clear their civil servant salaries.for me NLC don't know what their need
Re: NLC Slams Governors’ Forum, Demands N66,500 Minimum Wage by kunmiiii: 6:10pm On Oct 31, 2018
daywatcher:

Great comment especially the part about constituency projects.

What's so great about that part

Are constituency projects only meant for civil servants and workers?

Re: NLC Slams Governors’ Forum, Demands N66,500 Minimum Wage by dederocs(m): 6:11pm On Oct 31, 2018
Down tools, hunger no dey kill...na lazy man go accept anything less than 70k as salary. Make Una boycott Una jobs, let them do it.
Re: NLC Slams Governors’ Forum, Demands N66,500 Minimum Wage by rottennaija(m): 6:13pm On Oct 31, 2018
Lorenzop:
useless chest beaters...if only you people can prove me wrong this time and stick to this amount no matter the pressure, we are ready.....the senators should give up the huge allocations for constituency projects while Governors give up security votes...its obvious these are avenues of milking the masses dry.....guess what these morons will only make noise and chicken out.....oh dear labour, prove us wrong this time and stick to these demands undecided undecided undecided

We have to support them. It's should be us against them, not us against us.
Re: NLC Slams Governors’ Forum, Demands N66,500 Minimum Wage by greatman247(m): 6:16pm On Oct 31, 2018
NLC had been useless since the days of Oshiomole. After much noise they still end up yielding to govt after their leaders must have taken bribes from the govt of the day and they will start to dance to difference tunes. Una never see N30,000 collect una dey yan dust about N66,000.
Re: NLC Slams Governors’ Forum, Demands N66,500 Minimum Wage by symbianDON(m): 6:16pm On Oct 31, 2018
Good one. all the governor's are thieves. they can pay if they are willing to. the money ganduje collected as bribe can pay kano state civil servants comfortably.
Re: NLC Slams Governors’ Forum, Demands N66,500 Minimum Wage by Bizibi(m): 6:16pm On Oct 31, 2018
This is not a good year....
Re: NLC Slams Governors’ Forum, Demands N66,500 Minimum Wage by Glorylynn: 6:17pm On Oct 31, 2018
dope,anyone that has an old quora account should contact me I have an offer for you.
Re: NLC Slams Governors’ Forum, Demands N66,500 Minimum Wage by Bizibi(m): 6:19pm On Oct 31, 2018
LordAdam16:

The reason they're going for the Nov 7th strike AFAIK is because of 30k after the FG said 24k. Less than a week to the date, they've gone back to 66k. How does that make sense?

-Lord
I thought so myself,from 30k to 66k....nobody will take them serious.
Re: NLC Slams Governors’ Forum, Demands N66,500 Minimum Wage by juniorstar(m): 6:20pm On Oct 31, 2018
This amount is very feasible..if we are honest with ourselves and remove white elephant projects frm our budget..
Re: NLC Slams Governors’ Forum, Demands N66,500 Minimum Wage by Baronnaire: 6:28pm On Oct 31, 2018
cobar:
please help me vote for my dear sister
Madeleine okere...for the face of nimsa
please it's just a click
your vote count
https://www.collegegist.com.ng/2018/10/nimsa-face-of-student-doctor.html

God bless you if you vote

Just did...
Sie ist schön kiss

Viel Erfolg...

1 Like

Re: NLC Slams Governors’ Forum, Demands N66,500 Minimum Wage by dyangprof(m): 6:31pm On Oct 31, 2018
forgiveness:
N66,500 is very ok. That's about N2,216.6 per day. Meaning, N316.6 per hour. That's a good one.

The Senators should reduce their salary. We don't want constituency projects again.

Let it be used for salary.

And u think dat can b possible in dis Obodo_Nigeria?

Well, nothing is impossible according to Dictionary

Bur not in dis Naija

Naija major problem is "reclining of leaderships personnel.
Re: NLC Slams Governors’ Forum, Demands N66,500 Minimum Wage by ladman(m): 6:37pm On Oct 31, 2018
Tinalex:
How i wish NLC will not back down and if eventually the strike commence i hope all Government parastatal will effectively adhere. For once we the citizens of Nigeria need to unite to fight for this cause!!!

We will not unite because the labour unions are no different from the politicians. Even if the fg workers get what they want , will they remain in solidarity with the state workers? Will they stand with workers of organised private sector?

Labour unions can't be trusted.
Re: NLC Slams Governors’ Forum, Demands N66,500 Minimum Wage by lordswill03: 6:37pm On Oct 31, 2018
Glad 2019 election is coming. Any Governor that can't pay should be votes out and let people who are ready to pay become the governor!
Re: NLC Slams Governors’ Forum, Demands N66,500 Minimum Wage by edi287: 6:41pm On Oct 31, 2018
Biko where is this money going to fall from? Heaven?

The Civil Service needs serious reform. It is over bloated and filled with mediocre/lazy workers. You can not be talking about increasing minimum wage when at least 75 percent of state governors are struggling to pay salaries on a consistent basis.
We need to start asking the right questions instead of this mumu propositions like this.
We are not USA, UK or whatever country people are giving as example.

1 Like

Re: NLC Slams Governors’ Forum, Demands N66,500 Minimum Wage by chidiogojessy(f): 6:45pm On Oct 31, 2018
very confused set of people......
Re: NLC Slams Governors’ Forum, Demands N66,500 Minimum Wage by speedyGonzales: 7:06pm On Oct 31, 2018
SarkinYarki:
NLC is not being realistic

They know that, it is to force this people more!
Re: NLC Slams Governors’ Forum, Demands N66,500 Minimum Wage by Nobody: 7:16pm On Oct 31, 2018
Strick is the language they understand weller.
Re: NLC Slams Governors’ Forum, Demands N66,500 Minimum Wage by bigtt76(f): 7:33pm On Oct 31, 2018
We all know how this would end naaaa Las Las 30k undecided all these bragado na just gara gara jooor grin
Re: NLC Slams Governors’ Forum, Demands N66,500 Minimum Wage by vincentus16: 7:37pm On Oct 31, 2018
hope they remain solid to this bid whatever it takes.
Re: NLC Slams Governors’ Forum, Demands N66,500 Minimum Wage by bigtt76(f): 7:39pm On Oct 31, 2018
Show us her face naaaaa grin

cobar:
please help me vote for my dear sister
Madeleine okere...for the face of nimsa
please it's just a click
your vote count
https://www.collegegist.com.ng/2018/10/nimsa-face-of-student-doctor.html

God bless you if you vote

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ademola Adeleke Receives His INEC Certificate Of Return (Photos) / Senate To Announce President Tinubu's Ministerial List On Wednesday / Throwback Picture Of Governor Kashim Shettima

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.