Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,288 members, 7,887,849 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:10 PM

2019: Sule Lamido's Lawyer Dumps PDP For APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Sule Lamido's Lawyer Dumps PDP For APC (741 Views)

N83 Billion Fraud: Lawyer Dumps Yahaya Bello, Withdraws From Case / 2019: Sule Lamido Visits Obasanjo For Consultation On Presidential Election / Senator Sonni Ogbuoji Dumps PDP For APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: Sule Lamido's Lawyer Dumps PDP For APC by yns4real: 4:51pm On Oct 31, 2018
The attorney-general and justice commissioner in Jigawa State under former governor Sule Lamido says he is quitting the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) with thousands of his supporters in the state.

Yakubu Ruba made the announcement on Wednesday, amidst a crowd of his supporters in Dutse, the state capital.

He said since the 2015 general elections, he had been committed to the progress of PDP in the state thinking the party would provide him a platform to realise his political dream.

“I believe that posterity can affirm as to the extent of my commitment to the party and its members. However, due to personal reasons and the conduct of other party members to my support within the party, I realised that my political dream cannot be realised in PDP,” Mr Ruba told journalists.

“Where it comes to a stage where leaders of the party do not have confidence in you and you believe that you have confidence in yourself, it is a challenge on you to explore other avenue.

“I am old enough to make a decision for myself and my supporters that is why I formally resigned my membership of the PDP to APC with over ten thousand supporters. It’s a challenge but let us meet at the polling units,” Mr Ruba said.

He further explained that he was motivated to join the APC by the achievements of President Mohammadu Buhari and Governor Mohammad Badaru of Jigawa in the areas of financial prudence and infrastructure development in the zone.

Dahiru Yakubu from Kafin-Hausa Local Government Area where Mr Ruba hails from told PREMIUM TIMES that they were following him to the APC because the former commissioner was cheated in the PDP.

“You can imagine now in Jigawa, PDP has turned into family affairs where Sule Lamido has surrendered all the party structures to his son instead of learned people like Barrister Ruba,” Mr. Yakubu said.

Mr Ruba served under Mr Lamido as attorney-general for four years and is currently the lead defence counsel to ex-commissioners in the administration facing corruption charges.

He led the defence of Mr. Lamido in court when the former governor successfully defended himself over a four-count charge of inciting disturbance, disturbance of public peace, defamation of character and criminal intimidation brought against him by the state government.

Commenting on decision of Mr Ruba to exit the party, PDP chairman in the state, Salisu Mahmuda, said it is a great loss to the party but also expressed hope that the decision was not final.

“I believe that he took the decision of leaving PDP in anger. Later on, we will convince him to reconsider his decision to return to PDP.

“PDP in Jigawa can’t afford to lose a personality like Mr Ruba going by his antecedents in the party and it is worthy of note for him to understand that even in Islam, it is wrong for someone to take a decision when he is upset. I assure you we have raised a delegation to meet Mr. Ruba, he will come back to PDP,” said Mr Mahmuda.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/nwest/293494-2019-sule-lamidos-lawyer-dumps-pdp-for-apc.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: Sule Lamido's Lawyer Dumps PDP For APC by Nobody: 5:15pm On Oct 31, 2018
Sai APC
Sai buhari
Sai baba till 2023
APC! Stew!

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2019: Sule Lamido's Lawyer Dumps PDP For APC by Olatunji1929: 5:38pm On Oct 31, 2018
Where are your 10m supporters mumu
Re: 2019: Sule Lamido's Lawyer Dumps PDP For APC by Cajal(m): 5:42pm On Oct 31, 2018
Atikulooters will not like this

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2019: Sule Lamido's Lawyer Dumps PDP For APC by quickberry(m): 6:08pm On Oct 31, 2018
The kind trashing wey Atiku go receive for north go do am like tsunami

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019: Sule Lamido's Lawyer Dumps PDP For APC by musa234(m): 6:21pm On Oct 31, 2018
All of them are for selfish interest. Pdp, Apc etc. Nigerian politicians are nothing to write home about.
Re: 2019: Sule Lamido's Lawyer Dumps PDP For APC by Grayxme: 6:35pm On Oct 31, 2018
Certainly the PDP has nothing to offer as it is filled with only selfish politicians who are after their pockets

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Sule Lamido's Lawyer Dumps PDP For APC by rusher14: 6:40pm On Oct 31, 2018
PDP for North na Nothing.

(1) (Reply)

If You Are To Be The President Today What Will You Do In The First 100 Days? / Ogun State Equals 3 South East States- Anambra, Abia And Imo / Here is my Predictive Analysis of 2019 Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.