Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,956 members, 7,879,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 10:17 AM

Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations (26345 Views)

Tea-pickers In Kenya Are Destroying Machines Meant To Replace Them In Protest / COVID-19: Unvaccinated Civil Servants Allowed Into Offices In Abuja (Photos) / EndSARS: MBH Power Suspends Staff For Participating In Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations by Nobody: 9:04am On Nov 02, 2018
BanevsJoker:

This will have an adverse effect on the next generation.

Just stop hiring women!

2 Likes

Re: Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:04am On Nov 02, 2018
Giddyperson:

It's mainly one staff causing the issue. I think his name is Andy Rubin, the father on Android. They let him resign with a $90 million dollar payoff, and they did a farewell party for him and everything, though it all happened many years back but that's no way to dismiss someone for sexual harassment. The issue is coming up now because the Android guy is having a custody battle with his wife, needless to say she's gonna win it now cheesy

Also companies like Google are almost scared to sack these top tech guys cuz many of them are braniacs and driving innovation in those companies. When they finally dismiss them, they settle them well in return for a promise that they won't work for rival companies. So much Justice for the woman that's been sexually harassed. She is instead made to sign a non-disclosure.

And those of you saying it's women and their wahala, can't you see men in the picture taking part in the protest.
This is what happens when plenty of resources is allocated to a single man whether deservedly or not. The next thing the man starts thinking of is to shamefully sleep with all the WOMEN (FEMALES) in the COMMUNITY.

actually i don't blame some of these men, it is the women that willingly and wilfully throw themselves at or totally offer their bodies to the successful men for pleasure in return for some form of gratification.

If you are a successful guy especially physically handsome , women will chase you even enter fire.

2 Likes

Re: Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations by LordAdam16: 9:05am On Nov 02, 2018
BanevsJoker:

Watch how the number of lifelong spinsters will quadruple in the next generation. Nobody go even price their market anymore.

It wouldn't quadruple. All of this is part of a laser-focused, concerted campaign to get more women into high-level tech positions, whether they deserve it or not. As well as a campaign to emasculate men, in the name of eliminating toxic masculinity.

We are heading for a future where men are sissies and do all the crap jobs while women mostly stay in air-conditioned offices running things as they deem fit. That's why most men in mining go underground in unsafe conditions, while the women mostly sit in the mining offices doing the paperwork. You'd never see a short-haired feminist raise a placard to protest that there is no gender parity amongst miners.

-Lord

5 Likes

Re: Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations by nelklyn(m): 9:05am On Nov 02, 2018
jidemoh:
Are you telling me that if it was a case of monumental fraud, Google would have let the Executives go quietly?

What is wrong is wrong! The moment they were let go by Google they are no longer Google's responsibility. The victims should have been encouraged to press charges with Google issuing supportive statements.

This is not about gender o! It's about doing the right thing.

The problem with Google issuing supportive statements is that Google is a publicly traded company and such statement can send Google stock tumbling. No shareholder would want that...flashback to what happened to Tesla's stock after Elon Musk's $420 tweet
Re: Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations by LordAdam16: 9:07am On Nov 02, 2018
Elder0001:

Just stop hiring women!

You can't (and for good reason I should add). It's against the law. A gender discrimination lawsuit will ground most companies.

-Lord
Re: Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations by Giddyperson: 9:08am On Nov 02, 2018
jaxxy:

$90mill was just retirement benefit for a father of android. He case was judged and addressed which meant he had to resign or be sacked depending on the severity of the allegations against him. Wat more do people want? That he shud get a dime after all his contributions to google?

I lady signs a non disclosure of the case was settled out of court and she equally gets a handsome reward so? If she doesn’t want that she can go to court and still have him convicted on good grounds bt if u collect a settlement fee u will sign a non disclosure cos it’s a mutual agreement negotiated not forced.
So he resigned with retirement benefits and they hushed hushed it both within and outside the company, to make it look like he was a hero just going away. With the drama they are getting now I doubt they won't review this fishy sexual harassment policy so that any one caught, be you the father of electricity, would not go away like a hero.

Go to court? How much does she have to spend on a lawyer compared to Google or the guy is question. She's probably not the one even talking now cuz of her non-disclosure. Like I said, I believe it's the ex wife getting him good on their custody battle which is good for him cuz he doesn't deserve custody of his children after fooling around and breaking up his marriage, just like he doesn't deserve $90 million and a hero's farewell for sexual harassment at work.

3 Likes

Re: Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations by jaxxy(m): 9:08am On Nov 02, 2018
KalakutaRepubli:

exactly my point, women are now using this rubbish, because they feel they have an upper hand, personally, I think laws should be made for severely punishing women who falsely accuse innocent men of such.. Because many women are now using same against many people.

Exactly I think a Clear definition of sexual harassment shud be spelt out and agreed upon
Re: Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations by Nobody: 9:10am On Nov 02, 2018
LordAdam16:

You can't (and for good reason I should add). It's against the law. A gender discrimination lawsuit will ground most companies.

-Lord

Then women will continue bringing companies down .
Re: Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:10am On Nov 02, 2018
Blyzz:
yes that's true. Most of them are like Jezebel, they carry more evil spirit. I wonder why an act of years back can still be revoked just to terminate someone's image. Na wa oh, worldly people
If check very well the so called harassment, maybe something as simple as a compliment such as,

"you look beautiful"

A big lesson to guys who are fond capitalizing on position to harass females instead of concentrating on their jobs.

If you want to run package let it be outside workplace.

2 Likes

Re: Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations by Nobody: 9:12am On Nov 02, 2018
Giddyperson:

So he resigned with retirement benefits and they hushed hushed it both within and outside the company, to make it look like he was a hero just going away. With the drama they are getting now I doubt they won't review this fishy sexual harassment policy so that any one caught, be you the father of electricity, would not go away like a hero.

Go to court? How much does she have to spend on a lawyer compared to Google or the guy is question. She's probably not the one even talking now cuz of her non-disclosure. Like I said, I believe it's the ex wife getting him good on their custody battle which is good for him cuz he doesn't deserve custody of his children after fooling around and breaking up his marriage, just like he doesn't deserve $90 million and a hero's farewell for sexual harassment at work.

From where are you typing from?

You know what you're? An irrelevant fool.
Re: Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations by Giddyperson: 9:13am On Nov 02, 2018
Elder0001:

You're a fool and a fool has no delight in understanding.
cheesy cheesy cheesy Biko don't transfer your aggression on womenfolk to just me. I can't. Go back to the food thread.

1 Like

Re: Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations by LordAdam16: 9:14am On Nov 02, 2018
Giddyperson:

He didn't get $90m and a hero's farewell for sexual harassment at work.

His contract was terminated for sexual harassment.
He deserved far more than $90m and a hero's farewell for being the father of Android that continues to make billions in dollars in revenue for Google annually.

-Lord

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations by jaxxy(m): 9:15am On Nov 02, 2018
Giddyperson:

I agree he doesn’t deserve a hero’s farewell bt he deserves his pay cos he earned it. Even a criminal still has sm rights.
Re: Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations by LordAdam16: 9:16am On Nov 02, 2018
Elder0001:

Then women will continue bringing companies down .

Only companies that don't tow to their feminist BS!

-Lord
Re: Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations by Giddyperson: 9:21am On Nov 02, 2018
VeeVeeMyLuv:

This is what happens when plenty of resources is allocated to a single man whether deservedly or not. The next thing the man starts thinking of is to shamefully sleep with all the WOMEN (FEMALES) in the COMMUNITY.

actually i don't blame some of these men, it is the women that willingly and wilfully throw themselves at or totally offer their bodies to the successful men for pleasure in return for some form of gratification.

If you are a successful guy especially physically handsome , women will chase even enter fire.
You have to blame the men. Some women make a career of going after men with money then suing them in hopes for a settlement. You would think that as old as this trick is, men would have wised up by now. With how much money he was getting, he could have easily used all these top hook up agencies for his adultery needs but he had to get in right in his office. But he's a tech guy so he knows these sites could be hacked and information leaked. Guess there's no easy way for the rich to commit adultery these days. Leaves them with just the impossible option of controlling their 'member'.

3 Likes

Re: Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations by LordAdam16: 9:23am On Nov 02, 2018
VeeVeeMyLuv:

If check very well the so called harassment, maybe something as simple as a compliment such as,

"you look beautiful"

A big lesson to guys who are fond capitalizing on position to harass females instead of concentrating on their jobs.

If you want to run package let it be outside workplace.

Dude you could get a query for stare rape. Go look it up.

All harassment is bad, except for harassments that aren't actually harassments. And not all companies have an in-office romance embargo.

-Lord

3 Likes

Re: Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations by Daeylar(f): 9:23am On Nov 02, 2018
Giddyperson:

Abeg, don't kill me with laughter grin so father of android is too small? LOL!! grin

[img]https://media./images/a5787f29ec8287c028e779d3eec526a0/tenor.gif[/img]
Re: Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations by Boss13: 9:24am On Nov 02, 2018
Pavore9:
"The backlash was prompted by an article in The New York Times last week that revealed that Google had paid millions of dollars in exit packages to male executives accused of harassment, while staying silent about the transgressions".........I guess that is what really irked them!

They are there to work in the first place and contribute to the success of the company. Without google, their bills don’t get paid. If the company has taken action against the erring staff, I don’t understand the activism. If the protesting employees are not happy with the company’s action - LEAVE. Go get another job. What’s the nonsense with using productivity hours to protest on unproductive things.

In this #Metoo era, you just get to hear and see nonsense. People get punished on mere accusations. How about these alleged victims going to law enforcement officers to make an official complaint.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations by macello4(m): 9:27am On Nov 02, 2018
Edodefender:
mumu
it take a higher mumu to spot one. U are the real MUMU.

Re: Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations by Giddyperson: 9:29am On Nov 02, 2018
LordAdam16:

He didn't get $90m and a hero's farewell for sexual harassment at work.

His contract was terminated for sexual harassment.
He deserved far more than $90m and a hero's farewell for being the father of Android that continues to make billions in dollars in revenue for Google annually.

-Lord
I doubt that Google cared that much about what he deserved. They were just looking out for Google's best interest, which would have worked if everything didn't blow up now.
And it wasn't a harmless compliment, or 'stare rape', it was a hotel room and MouthAction.
Re: Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations by Nobody: 9:32am On Nov 02, 2018
VeeVeeMyLuv:

If you are a successful guy especially physically handsome , women will chase even enter fire.
What exactly are you saying?
Re: Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:37am On Nov 02, 2018
LordAdam16:

Dude you could get a query for stare rape. Go look it up.

All harassment is bad, except for harassments that aren't actually harassments. And not all companies have an in-office romance embargo.

-Lord
Ahan, Can you imagine just for STARING?

these people never seem to amaze me.

What will start to happen now is when talking to women no more smiles. But from now on stern faces with matching dark goggles.

3 Likes

Re: Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations by LordAdam16: 9:38am On Nov 02, 2018
Giddyperson:

I doubt that Google cared that much about what he deserved. They were just looking out for Google's best interest, which would have worked if everything didn't blow up now.
And it wasn't a harmless compliment, or 'stare rape', it was a hotel room and MouthAction.

And it's in Google's best interest to compensate people appropriately for their contribution. The founders of Instagram are leaving Facebook. Facebook will give them severance packages in the tens of millions. It's what they deserve for their contribution to Facebook.

And that hotel room and MouthAction was consexual. She could easily have told him to f*ck off, like most ladies tell guys they're not into every minute of the day. She didn't. She agreed. Then after the deed was done, she turned around and went for the jugular. How do you expect me to have any respect or sympathy for such a fellow?

The more I listen to you guys, the more I begin to see just how far removed from reality you guys are.

-Lord

3 Likes

Re: Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:46am On Nov 02, 2018
Simonrom:

What exactly are you saying?
I know what I am saying

And it is so so painful!

These are the greedy people that will sit in their glass house and declare recession, poverty, war with wicked words from their mouths.
Re: Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations by LordAdam16: 9:48am On Nov 02, 2018
Daeylar:

Abeg, don't kill me with laughter grin so father of android is too small? LOL!! grin

[img]https://media./images/a5787f29ec8287c028e779d3eec526a0/tenor.gif[/img]

Thomas Edison electrocuted animals to death. If he existed today, he'd be in jail for animal torture.

Are we supposed to expunge his name from scientific history and donate his estate (which he got as proceeds from his invention) to charity?

You guys are opening Pandora's box.

-Lord

2 Likes

Re: Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations by Giddyperson: 9:57am On Nov 02, 2018
LordAdam16:

And it's in Google's best interest to compensate people appropriately for their contribution. The founders of Instagram are leaving Facebook. Facebook will give them severance packages in the tens of millions. It's what they deserve for their contribution to Facebook.

And that hotel room and MouthAction was consexual. She could easily have told him to f*ck off, like most ladies tell guys they're not into every minute of the day. She didn't. She agreed. Then after the deed was done, she turned around and went for the jugular. How do you expect me to have any respect or sympathy for such a fellow?

The more I listen to you guys, the more I begin to see just how far removed from reality you guys are.

-Lord
The full details of what happened was never made public, all I know is that Google found cause to ask him to resign, as important as he was to the company so...

Your reality might be different from 'You guys' reality.
Re: Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations by sirusX(m): 10:03am On Nov 02, 2018
Pavore9:
"The backlash was prompted by an article in The New York Times last week that revealed that Google had paid millions of dollars in exit packages to male executives accused of harassment, while staying silent about the transgressions".........I guess that is what really irked them!

Seriously....getting paid alot when they committed an assult
Re: Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations by Gr8lex(m): 10:08am On Nov 02, 2018
kimnicki:
Lol..walk out of your office in Nigeria to protest and see if you still have a job after that
Babe that thing wey you carry no bad sha
Re: Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations by LordAdam16: 10:11am On Nov 02, 2018
Giddyperson:

The full details of what happened was never made public, all I know is that Google found cause to ask him to resign, as important as he was to the company so...

Your reality might be different from 'You guys' reality.

Google found cause to ask him to resign because they didn't want to deal with the blow back (exec having an affair is never good PR once the mistress wants to pursue it), and gave him a severance package to compensate him for his contributions.

Sergey Brin, Google's co-founder also has sexual misconduct allegations against him. He is the current President of Alphabet.

Stop typing about sh*t you know very little about.

What I do know tho' is that all of this often comes full circle, and often the most vocal of these absurd punishments are closet perpetrators. Hollywood and Silicon Valley are liberal, pro-Dem, and feminist. Turns out they are also perverts.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations by Nobody: 10:13am On Nov 02, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

It's really hard to please women.
You go too fast, they cry.
You go too slow, they nag.

Google has dismissed offenders but they are not satisfied because Google has not made an official comment on it.
How more confused can these broads be?

For Google to dismiss erring staff means the organization won't condone any form of sexual harassment.

Some things are best left undone, some words are better left unspoken and some wounds better left unopened.

No organization will be proud to come out in public to tell the world they have perverts as staff.
Likewise, some victims want the memory of their abuse refreshed.

If you want the abuse to be talked about, then do it yourself because Google will lose the trust of users like myself who wonders why they turn on "safe search" by default on my browsers when they have perverts amongst them.

NwaAmaikpe reminds me of the American Hip hop group - Nice and Smooth.

They had a hit track "Sometimes I rhyme slow sometimes I rhyme quick"

Sometimes NwaAmaikpe makes a great deal of sense,sometimes he goes overboard.

Nice take there...Google is doing just what any image-image - conscious organisations would do.

1 Like

Re: Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations by uuzba(m): 10:15am On Nov 02, 2018
hucienda:
They've dismissed the erring staff. What else do they want Google to do again?

This is one of the many after-effects of excessive liberalism.

WHY CAN'T LIBERAL PEOPLE MEET OUR NIGERIA MOPO ON THE EXRESSWAY?
WHY
WHY
WHY?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Rejects Plans By Multichoice To Sack Nigerian Workers / Diamond Bank Sacks 200 Workers - Punch / 8 Simple Ways To Discover Your Talent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.