Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,809 members, 7,952,287 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 01:15 PM

France Tourist Visa Ideas - Help - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / France Tourist Visa Ideas - Help (1226 Views)

Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Netherlands Tourist Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

France Tourist Visa Ideas - Help by pikinchild: 10:16am On Jul 20, 2010
urgent advice needed pls,

my cousin's france resident permit expired in 2009(she overstayed on her resident permit by 10 mths and was deported), however her baby (born in france)is a french citizen and he is 4yrs old
she wants to apply for a french short stay visa now with her son cos she wants him to visit his place of birth, how should she go about it  pls help.

God bless u all as u contribute.
cheers
Re: France Tourist Visa Ideas - Help by Tolulop001(f): 10:26am On Jul 20, 2010
lol
she doesnt want hi to visit, she just wants a foot in the door and she's using him as leverage.
are u sure that being born in france confers citizenship? e.g in UK it does not.
the son may be a citizen yes but do u have the documentation to verify that? as in did she get his papers complete before the deportation? why exactly did she over stay for 10 months
its a clumsy situation, maybe other posters will be able to shed more light.
Re: France Tourist Visa Ideas - Help by pikinchild: 4:17pm On Jul 21, 2010
TRUE IT IS A CLUMSY SITUATION
BUT U KNOW US NOW embarassed, WE ARE ALWAYS LAX AT DOING THINGS THE RIGHT WAY AND EVENTUALLY END UP
PAYING DEARLY FOR IT
HER SON HAS A RED PASSPORT AND ALL THE NEEDED DOCUMENTATION, IN-FACT SHE HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO RENEW HER PERMIT,BUT because SHE DIDNT HAVE SOME OF THE UTILITY BILLS WHICH IS PART OF THE REQUIREMENTS SHE JUST LEFT IT AT THAT.

MAKE UNA ADVICE ABEG!
Re: France Tourist Visa Ideas - Help by juzme: 5:18pm On Jul 21, 2010
Your story is incomplete. Do your sister's son has french passport? what makes him a french citizen? Is just becausehe was born in france? If the child is a french citizen the french immigration authority will not just deport her because her residence permit expired execpt she committed a crime.
maybe people who live or know much about france can clarify this.
As regard to her short stay visit, she should exercise some patient because as you said her permit expired in 2009 and I guess she was deported late last year or this year. I think with the deportation she would recieve some kind of probation on entry to france. She can only apply for short stay visa only if she thinks that her deportation was not genuinely carried out and then she can appeal for that.
However, some countries in Europe has a provision for cancelling your probation/ban. Some of these provisions are getting married to a citizen,and also as you claimed that her child is french citizen. That can stand as a way of canceling her probation/ban.
Re: France Tourist Visa Ideas - Help by pikinchild: 12:07pm On Jul 23, 2010
juzme:

Your story is incomplete. Do your sister's son has french passport? what makes him a french citizen? Is just becausehe was born in france? If the child is a french citizen the french immigration authority will not just deport her because her residence permit expired execpt she committed a crime.
maybe people who live or know much about france can clarify this.
As regard to her short stay visit, she should exercise some patient because as you said her permit expired in 2009 and I guess she was deported late last year or this year.  I think with the deportation she would recieve some kind of probation on entry to france. She can only apply for short stay visa only if she thinks that her deportation was not genuinely carried out and then she can appeal for that.
However, some countries in Europe has a provision for cancelling your probation/ban. Some of these provisions are getting married to a citizen,and also as you claimed that her child is french citizen. That can stand as a way of canceling her probation/ban.
YES HER SON HAS A FRENCH PASSPORT AND DULY REGISTERED BIRTH CERTIFICATE , THE CHILDS PAPERS ARE GENUINE AND COMPLETE,ITS THE MOTHER WHO HAS ISSUES

THE THING IS THE MOTHER WAS DEPORTED FROM ANOTHER SCHENGEN COUNTRY WERE SHE MOVED TO WHEN HER RESIDENT PERMIT EXPIRED embarassed
Re: France Tourist Visa Ideas - Help by Vicjustice: 2:05pm On Jul 23, 2010
pikinchild:

urgent advice needed pls,

my cousin's france resident permit expired in 2009(she overstayed on her resident permit by 10 mths and was deported), however her baby (born in france)is a french citizen and he is 4yrs old
she wants to apply for a french short stay visa now with her son cos she wants him to visit his place of birth, how should she go about it  pls help.

God bless u all as u contribute.
cheers
   Are you sure that you know the truth about your "cousin's" situation? I'm asking because, i know that it is unlikely for someone to get deported for reason of the expiration of his or her residence permit because, standard residence permit are renewable even after their validity dates. Why do i have the feeling that your "cousin" was probably doing time in jail while her residence permit ran out or, she was a transnational fugitive? I'm sorry, i can't find any other reason to explain how she got herself into this mess.
   Well, given the benefit of doubt, there's no way she can go about it irrespective of the status of her child: When a Schengen state deports a person, s/he is automatically banned from returning to Europe for some period ranging from 5 years to life. Immigration officers have the prerogative to use their own initiatives in deciding the amount of years that a deportee should be banned according to their assessment of the gravity of the offence committed.
   There are instances whereby deportees are being uncooperative and resisting authority, in such case, the subjects are forced into a plane and might not be entitled to any rights nor mercy then-after; but in a normal situation of a person facing deportation, a letter is usually served to this effect (usually within 24 hours of the departure time). The letter is often a comprehensive declaration stating the reason(s) s/he is to be deported, the consequences of deportation and the rights reserved by the deportee: the deportee then indicates that s/he understands the contents by signing the letter.
   So, dear Pikinchild, it's either your "cousin" was forcefully deported (which leaves her to no rights whatsoever) or She was formally deported (which places her under the terms and conditions of her deportation letter which she must have signed). So, why are you asking how she can go about it? The best person to comment on this is your cousin, the deported mother of the "French citizen", she should know the circumstances surrounding her deportation.
Re: France Tourist Visa Ideas - Help by dustydee: 2:29pm On Jul 23, 2010
:-x
Re: France Tourist Visa Ideas - Help by juzme: 4:28pm On Jul 23, 2010
@ pikinchild, your last post makes your post more unclear and can be difficult to help you. I do not want to speculate on anything. But I know it is very rare for another country in europe to deport you back to your home country when they already know the country you are coming from and that you previously possessed their residence permit. That EU country will deport her back to france and not to her home country. And as VCjustice rightly said, it is more difficult to deport someone merely because her/his residence permit expired with just a little time interval.
So, it is better to ask your sister to narate her story very well for you so that you can use it to help her.

(1) (Reply)

50 Crushed To Death On Abuja-okene Highway / Switching From Psw To Husband (very Complex Situation Expert Analysis Required) / Aero Or Arik From Calabar To Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.