Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,016 members, 7,942,675 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 02:29 PM

Usain Bolt Ends Central Coast Mariners Trial - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Usain Bolt Ends Central Coast Mariners Trial (215 Views)

Usain Bolt Scores Two Goals For His Club Central Coast Mariners / Usain Bolt Plays For Central Coast Mariners FC (Photos) / Usain Bolt's Feet Causes Commotion On Social Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Usain Bolt Ends Central Coast Mariners Trial by chily11: 5:46am On Nov 02, 2018
Usain Bolt and Central Coast Mariners have amicably agreed to end the Jamaican's training period after a suitable commercial agreement couldn't be found.

Though the Mariners did offer the eight-time gold medalist a contract, the offer was a far cry from what the 32-year-old was after and though the club looked into finding commercial partners, both parties have agreed to end the trial.

Having been with the club since August and scored a famous double in a trial match last month, Bolt thanked the club for giving him a chance.

"I would like to thank the Central Coast Mariners owners, management, staff, players and fans for making me feel so welcome during my time there," Bolt said.

"I wish the club success for the season ahead."

Mariners owner Mike Charlesworth was a key figure in organising the trial and though disappointed a deal couldn't be struck, praised Bolt's commitment to the club and the light he shone on the club and Australian competition.

To read full article - http://v.duta.us/GVon9gAA

(1) (Reply)

UFC 230 Live / Free Tips, Get Free Membership / Chelsea 2-0 Fulham. Watch Match Highlights.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.