Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,107 members, 7,887,220 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:09 AM

CSS Bookshop House Lagos Is On Fire - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / CSS Bookshop House Lagos Is On Fire (18504 Views)

Do U Have Bookshop In Nigeria? See Epic Reply By Chimamanda To French Journalist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CSS Bookshop House Lagos Is On Fire by enemyofprogress: 11:43am On Nov 02, 2018
OhiOfIhima:

Are you OK.. Well you are ans to ur name by d way..
who cares?
Re: CSS Bookshop House Lagos Is On Fire by Dollabiz: 11:57am On Nov 02, 2018
smiley
Re: CSS Bookshop House Lagos Is On Fire by Amalekki: 12:08pm On Nov 02, 2018
Olamsoh:
2 young multi millionaires I met today

One withdrew 500k (N200 notes) he'll spray on his friend's weding at Ikoyi on Sat, meanwhile he paid 46M for a property in my presence.

The 2nd one just completed a building worth N97M

Both not more than 35, baba God do not overlook m
Amen to your prayer but not because of them as you don't know if their wealth is Baba God's doing. Stay on your lane!

1 Like

Re: CSS Bookshop House Lagos Is On Fire by webtutorr: 1:04pm On Nov 02, 2018
I suspect the CSS bookshop was not properly linked to the HTML and thats why this incident just happened.
Re: CSS Bookshop House Lagos Is On Fire by uchenageme(m): 1:16pm On Nov 02, 2018
Sad news
Re: CSS Bookshop House Lagos Is On Fire by uuzba(m): 2:53pm On Nov 02, 2018
Nwaohafia1:
Many people will say Arsonist or Village people. But, you see, the dry season is almost here.

But wait oooo. This tall building do not have fire hydrants installed? At least to fight it before Fire Department comes

The hydrant cannot spoil again? This is Nigeria O.

1 Like

Re: CSS Bookshop House Lagos Is On Fire by uuzba(m): 2:54pm On Nov 02, 2018
SimSify:
I bought my first GMAT there..Lord have mercy..

I was still running there for coding books until I discovered Google.
Re: CSS Bookshop House Lagos Is On Fire by paix(m): 4:31pm On Nov 02, 2018
Please, does anybody know what CSS stand for? I have been meaning to ask.
Re: CSS Bookshop House Lagos Is On Fire by naptu2: 4:41pm On Nov 02, 2018
paix:
Please, does anybody know what CSS stand for? I have been meaning to ask.

CSS Bookshops Limited was established in 1869 by the Church Missionary Trust as C.M.S Bookshops, Lagos thereby becoming the oldest Company that specializes in books and related materials supply in Nigeria.

https://cssbookshop.com/

This bookstore was opened in Lagos in 1869, (just 8 years after Nigeria became a British colony) it was established by Church Missionary Society Trust, therefore the name CMS. The bookshop was originally established to find and distribute Christian materials, educational and stationery materials. They have their sister bookshops in major cities in the country. This bookshop is located at Bookshop house 50/52, Broad Street 4th Floor.

In 1969 the name of the bookshop was changed to CSS bookshops, (Church and School Supplies). This bookshop is easily the oldest bookshop in the city. It stocks religious books, classics, and even children’s books. The bookshop itself and the building housing it are tourism attractions. Whether you see CSS or CMS, just be aware that it is the one and same bookshop.

https://idonsabi.com/top-10-bookshops-in-nigeria-you-should-check-out/
Re: CSS Bookshop House Lagos Is On Fire by GetCofOProperty: 6:11pm On Nov 02, 2018
Too man fire outbreak in this same building... I worked there for years and I think everyting there are old fashioned from the elevator to the facility management... this impacts negatively on the safety disposition of the building.

Let's Guide You To Acquiring Your Genuine Lands &Properties in Your Choice Location With PEACE OF MIND and Withing Your Budget.
Visit Our Ikeja Office (On Olu Koleosho Street, Medical Road Off Awolowo Way). Call/Whats App +234(0)8027390046. Check Our Signature Below And Click The WhatsApp Link To Chat Us DIRECTLY.
Re: CSS Bookshop House Lagos Is On Fire by paix(m): 7:16pm On Nov 02, 2018
naptu2:

https://cssbookshop.com/

https://idonsabi.com/top-10-bookshops-in-nigeria-you-should-check-out/
Wow, thanks a million. You're a darling. This is one of the reasons why I love nairaland, very educative.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Opinion: Why Poetry Is Important, And Could Be More Important Than Science / Chinua Achebe Signing A Copy Of His Book 'Anthills Of Savanna' (Throwback Photo) / Short Story Contest: Tuneh Won

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.