Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,945 members, 7,927,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 21 August 2024 at 11:02 PM

Lagos Badagry Expressway On Maintenance By Lagos State Public Works Corp. (PIC) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Badagry Expressway On Maintenance By Lagos State Public Works Corp. (PIC) (18748 Views)

Iyana Iba Interchange & Flyover Bridge, Badagry Expressway, Lagos (Pictures) / Couple, Their 3 Children Die As Car Rams Into Truck On Lagos-Badagry Expressway / Two Brothers Burn To Death In Lagos-Badagry Expressway Auto Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Badagry Expressway On Maintenance By Lagos State Public Works Corp. (PIC) by macho44(m): 7:43pm On Nov 02, 2018
Dhayor001:

Dear OP, this spot is one of the least used portions of a very terribly dilapidated express road.

In true fact, the traffic from this spot is so minimal that I strongly doubt that 20% of this road users even use this spot.

What happened to Oko Afo, Magbon, Iyana Era, Iyana Ishasi, Barracks, Iyana Iba, Abule Ado, Volks?

These pictures are nothing but cheap attempts at a failed project and maintenance culture!
God bless. U broda
Re: Lagos Badagry Expressway On Maintenance By Lagos State Public Works Corp. (PIC) by delpee(f): 7:45pm On Nov 02, 2018
That's what they should have been doing these last three years. It was a regular feature during the BRF era. Just waking up from deep slumber towards elections. undecided
Re: Lagos Badagry Expressway On Maintenance By Lagos State Public Works Corp. (PIC) by Sagay212: 7:47pm On Nov 02, 2018
useless government....yet we have mad people supporting them.
Re: Lagos Badagry Expressway On Maintenance By Lagos State Public Works Corp. (PIC) by tete7000(m): 8:12pm On Nov 02, 2018
APC via Fasola destroyed the road abinitio, they are not doing any favour by repairing what they destroyed.
Re: Lagos Badagry Expressway On Maintenance By Lagos State Public Works Corp. (PIC) by rosebuzz(f): 8:13pm On Nov 02, 2018
danie25:
I live in Badagry. Only small portion at Iyana Era corrected. Major work need to be urgently effected at Magbon axis after toll gate as that's the worst spot
those places are not even worst from badagry roundabout to agbara is a death trap the road is extremely bad
Re: Lagos Badagry Expressway On Maintenance By Lagos State Public Works Corp. (PIC) by yinkus6750(m): 8:13pm On Nov 02, 2018
Don't say, the road is in a total mess.
Eight lane international route.
Had to go on bike from Mile two to Alaba market, else you will spend 3 hours or more.
Unfortunately, nothing is happening for now.
I
Re: Lagos Badagry Expressway On Maintenance By Lagos State Public Works Corp. (PIC) by gift01: 8:16pm On Nov 02, 2018
They patched just a pothole in a road that has over 1,000 potholes and they are snapping pictures. If they can sandfill the deep pit on the Trade Fair axis, Iyana Iba and find a solution to the hasten the road construction then they would have tried. Let's not even go to Badagry axis. From Agbara to Badagry is an eyesore. You will weep if you transverse that route
Re: Lagos Badagry Expressway On Maintenance By Lagos State Public Works Corp. (PIC) by KrystosCJ(m): 8:35pm On Nov 02, 2018
Mediocrity. An expressway being patched but there is no visible work to clear the drainage, bank the roads at appropriate bends and landscape the international route to our other African trade neighbors.

Like the nabegibeg said,

nabegibeg:

give or take this road will not last 3 months

it will return back to default setting

Sha let there be fuel during the Christmas so that I can see rice to buy at probably 20k.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Badagry Expressway On Maintenance By Lagos State Public Works Corp. (PIC) by chii8(f): 8:36pm On Nov 02, 2018
Mtcheeeew,they should just fix tradefair,barracks road road
Re: Lagos Badagry Expressway On Maintenance By Lagos State Public Works Corp. (PIC) by Onyenazumu87: 10:12pm On Nov 02, 2018
Gerrard59:
One road snapped in different angles. Did the repairs extend to Barracks? Iyana Iba? Volks?

The whole of Lagos - Badagry is a horrible place to reside; one will die quickly. The first time I went there, I wept; no jokes. Everywhere is horrible, squalid conditions here and there with a toxic atmosphere.

In fact, I prognosticate that a newly born child won't live up to 50 years if s/he resides there for that period. If anyone does, I will reward that individual with a million in whatever currency s/he desires for surviving the most macabre condition I have witnessed in my life.
Re: Lagos Badagry Expressway On Maintenance By Lagos State Public Works Corp. (PIC) by Cantonese: 6:41am On Nov 03, 2018
AutoJoshNG:
These are the pictures of the ongoing maintenance work on Lagos Badagry Expressway, Divine – Olorunsogo Bus Stop, Badagry Bound, carried out by Lagos State Public Works Corporation.

The mandate of the Lagos State Public Works Corporation is to be responsible for routine repair and rehabilitation of road across Lagos state, such that they remain motorable all year round.

The Corporation has six (6) major departments and five units namely, Project, Asphalt Production, Mechanical, Electrical, Administration and Human Resources, Accounts, Public Affairs Unit, Budget and planning, Legal and Procurement Unit.

See photos below;

https://autojosh.com/maintenance-badagry-lagos-state-public-works-corporation-photos/

How far can they go? Na today? The entire stretch of Badagry road is bad. This is supposed to be an international highway leading to another country. A few years ago you did not have to drive for more than one hour to get to the border. I sincerely hope they can fix the road between Iyana Isasi and Badagry. On the other side between Okokomaiko and trade fair it is a complete shame. Practically impassable most of the time as it is now and with heaps of refuse all over - Alaba rago is an eyesore. Bad leaders must be voted out.
Re: Lagos Badagry Expressway On Maintenance By Lagos State Public Works Corp. (PIC) by Cantonese: 6:47am On Nov 03, 2018
4601CE:
May God continue to bless the amiable APC Government for all the good works in Lagos state.
Sai Baba till 2023
Sai APC till eternity.
Sai Jagaban cheesy

Show us evidence of the good works. Are you referring to the new bus Terminals? Why was Ambode collectively removed? What has happened to refuse, roads, healthcare? Even give us evidence in your area of residence.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Guyana Visa How Is It Obtain In Nigeria / 17 Rescued As Boat Capsizes In Lagos / Train Hits A Trailer In Kawo Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.