Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,901 members, 7,889,985 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 06:35 AM

Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity (9673 Views)

Is This True Love Or 'nzuzu' (stupidity)? (Photo). / Girl Spotted Tieing A Guys Shoe Lace In School..(love Or Stupidity) / Guys Or Babes, Who Lose Their Virginity The Earliest? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by donugapi(m): 4:56pm On Jul 21, 2010
]
papa190:

post of the year
its not only Ludacris its Jack baeur

spicyhoney:

lol

A bigger lol.

Biggest Lol, Ludacrir, hahahahaha!!! grin

Anyways I'm dumping my Bold for the iPhone 4, Folks just don't bother calling you. Gone are the days when my friends would pick up the phone and call me to say hi, The true friends still do sha even tho we have BBs but I'm tired of the whole thing, Broadcast messages, ur fone making noise or vibrating every 2 minutes, AbegI've done my part and its time to end my love with BeeBee!!
Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by realborn(m): 5:55pm On Jul 21, 2010
@ Post,

lol. no b small tin oo.
BB - tool of promiscuity.
Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by CyberG: 6:35pm On Jul 21, 2010
papa190:

^^
Like him sisters~ grin grin

No offense Cyber Girl
Marhoski:

like your sisters??

^^^ Like your sisters and girlfriends tongue tongue. . .LOL! Both of una, kpele ooo. . .pray for miracle make your Nokia 3310 get upgraded to a more serious phone. . .like 1100??. . .hahaha! tongue tongue tongue tongue grin grin grin
Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by Moyola(f): 6:40pm On Jul 21, 2010
@ OP
4 real?! wow!
Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by olapo(f): 2:36pm On Jul 22, 2010
i got a BB storm 2 for my birthday not knowing girls are so crazy about it here in naija, d worse part of it is the phone is useless, d touchscreen goes stiff and u cant ping without subscribing so what is d big deal about the frustrating phone, d slot guys cant even repair ordinary screen, u need to keep going back to them as if the phone is a sickle cell patient, most of this stupid girls have to use their pocket money to repair d phone and buy the latest pouche or studed casing, d phone sucks ,,,I'd rather stick to my N97 mini and iphone 3g than d fine for nothing phone,
Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by vivaladiva(f): 4:33pm On Jul 22, 2010
for a country that doesnt even make ordinary razor blade----i repeat it is ludacris
we export crude oil at how much per barrell and import consumer goods that cost an arm an a leg---it doesnt make economic sense

the west will continue to feed on the insatiable greed of africans especially nigerians,
a coupe of centuries back slave trade was physical---today it is economic and mental

the most annoying thing is u say one thing in nigeria----some ignorant bastards will accuse u of being western and forgetting ur culture

i just laugh, okay so all these mobile phones that ur going gaga and gugu for was invented and produced in nigeria---was it, very easy for nigerians to rename a honda and call it baby boy or baby cat===do u actually produce honda, better still r u involved in the design and construction of a single honda--no---u just like driving it

wat exactly do u class as culture----is it in ur culture to produce cars, or manufacture lcd tvs or ps3---hell the Bleep it is not----without u knowing it----u pips r more western than u even care to know----the only diff is ur only concerned with the physical tangible output of the western culture ie blackberries, tvs, gucci, timberland etc
while me on the other hand am more concerned with the intangible input of the western culture that has lead to the imagination, creation and production of these consumer goods
Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 22, 2010
Vivaladivia, who touched you??

I can feel the anger and irritation from your post.

Whatsup, wetin happen? Talk to me please.
Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by deniyor: 5:11pm On Jul 22, 2010
I think the ladies are just cheap. I get the feeling some of them go thru the hoops to get the BB and ping themselves just to avoid paying the extra kobo that comes with text messaging. shocked
Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by vivaladiva(f): 5:37pm On Jul 22, 2010
omo igbo, yes am a bit angry and irritated but am also very passionate about issues that concern us purely because am of nigerian descent

and i really wish as a group we would just wake up and stop chasing leaves

i cant imagine going to a party and being told i cant get in cos i havent got a blackberry====that was done purely for show, to oppress and to embarrass
and then we wonder y the country is so corrupt----we r too obsessed with material things and we r quick to look down on people if they dont have wat we have or look up to people just cos they have more than we do

i tell people that there r two distict groups in nigeria===the haves and the have nots===i met a whole bunch of rich kids from nigeria in england and i just cldnt tell the difference btw them n my self---they werent smater or brighter---they just had more money and for that they felt bettter than every body else

i had a frnd whose dad was the chief of airstaff or watever in nigeria at the time
and i had the oppurtunity of meeting the chief himself and i said to him, isnt it strange that i can sit here and talk 2 u about politics and golf in england, in nigeria this would have been impossible and its just rediculous
Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jul 22, 2010
Viva, this is the first time i've noticed you attack a subject with some level of seriousness.
Make you relax abeg ooo.

Anyway sha,  I totally agree with you.
If you look closely, you'd notice that majority of people who engage in these things are in it simplyy to show off. It is even a lot more annoying when you find out that majority of the people who flaunt and front these things can't afford it themselves. I won't let it bother me though. All it gets is a 'SMH'

Nigeria and Nigerians are fertile grounds for any thing fashionable. . . . . .unfortunately, we'll pay over the odds for it.
Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by kpolli(m): 2:56pm On Jul 23, 2010
guy u fucck up, with or without subscribing, every BB has pin
Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by azpunpin: 4:46pm On Jul 23, 2010
Since BB is going crazy, Lets organise Xperia Circle, Naija wars, i look i laugh n i cry cos no FUTURE.
Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by blackmann(m): 12:53pm On Jul 24, 2010
When even people going / declaring bankrupcy here own blackberries, girls just dey shout about it in naija. Wetin go come happen if i bring home a Droid or an HTC smartphone? I go screw them full ground abi?

Very pathetic of them, if u ask me.
Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by Akainzo(m): 5:25pm On Jul 25, 2010
Much as I don't support the BB craze, but I am astonished that you guys haven't seen the economics of it all. I am amazed actually!

Let me give you this scenarios:

Babe 1: Nokia n97, N9500 voice calls, N1600 text messages, N3500 data calls = 14,600/month

Babe 2: SE X1, 8000 voice calls, 1500 text messages, 3500 data calls = 13,100/month

Babe 3: BB Bold 2: 5000 subscription, 1500 voice call, 0.00 text message, 0.00 data calls = 6,500/month

Meaning the more friends a lady has on the BB, the less she can actually spend at the end of the month as almost all the other services are free or negligible.

Why is it a major thing in Nigeria, because of the cost of the traditional services. For our US and UK friends, they get Text messaging almost free, have free voice minutes and loads of extras that make the BB unattractive except for business purposes.

And don't forget, they had to make a special $50K BB for Obama as he couldn't live without his own.
Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by luckyseven: 9:13pm On Jul 25, 2010
when we talk about smart phones,checkout the new HTC Evo 4 G,BB is far behind,Nigerians seem to luv outdated phones
Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by papa190(m): 9:53pm On Jul 25, 2010
^^
NOW THEY WANNA TURN THIS THREAD 2 BUSINESS~

These igbo boys!
Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jul 25, 2010
all i could do here is just laff, laff and laff grin grin grin grin
Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by Marhoski(m): 12:13am On Jul 26, 2010
^^ u don laugh finish? tongue
Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by Nobody: 12:24am On Jul 26, 2010
^^Amibo
Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by kpolli(m): 11:36am On Jul 26, 2010
anybody asking for another's bb pin without seeing the person wit a bb is just doing it to insult the person,

but u urself y u no get one
Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by papa190(m): 12:07pm On Jul 26, 2010
cry cry
Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by Mobinga: 7:18pm On Nov 13, 2010
shocked shocked
Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by james1(m): 9:19pm On Nov 13, 2010
@topic,lol.@akainzo,right on target.
@Odiaero:you did not send me your pin,I left my mail addy for that purpose.
@all you BB hater's,lol.
With my BB I can IM and send file's over long distance's and not using email which fail meserably most time's.
The BB is a network phone for the businessman,I now hardly ever go around with some cumbersome laptop.for those who buy it for the fun of it,good.it is their life.
Before BB I used the hp ipaq 6515d,this phone is one hell of a tool for business,pleasure and still very relivant.the only minus;it doesn't have the BB portal.
To all of you trying to tell the rest of us that nigerians are the only peeps crazy for BB or techy phones should please stop adding too much spice in this gravvy.BB is a world wide craze.the whole world is on BB fire!it is not about been expensive;it is about the effectiveness of the hand held.
I have done my findings.I do real estate,oil and gas,network marketing and procurement.pin:253D530A,LOL.add me.
We also have bags of rice in our ware house at apapa for sale.
Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by xandy84: 11:18pm On Nov 13, 2010
james1:

@topic,lol.@akainzo,right on target.
@Odiaero:you did not send me your pin,I left my mail addy for that purpose.
@all you BB hater's,lol.
With my BB I can IM and send file's over long distance's and not using email which fail meserably most time's.
The BB is a network phone for the businessman,I now hardly ever go around with some cumbersome laptop.for those who buy it for the fun of it,good.it is their life.
Before BB I used the hp ipaq 6515d,this phone is one hell of a tool for business,pleasure and still very relivant.the only minus;it doesn't have the BB portal.
To all of you trying to tell the rest of us that nigerians are the only peeps crazy for BB or techy phones should please stop adding too much spice in this gravvy.BB is a world wide craze.the whole world is on BB fire!it is not about been expensive;it is about the effectiveness of the hand held.
I have done my findings.I do real estate,oil and gas,network marketing and procurement.pin:253D530A,LOL.add me.
We also have bags of rice in our ware house at apapa for sale.

if you are looking for friends to pin then go to romance section, we are discussing about ladies crazy for BB and not interested in adding anyone, God know if your yeye pin correct self but help yourself by deleting it, go away bros grin grin grin grin

The worst of the BB crazy is UNILAG students, you hardly see book in there hand only BB ( is it possible to use BB write note for class?) and even disturb you in the library with the beeping that i almost slap on mumu with useless BB disturbing me while i was reading for my second semester exam,, Nobody here envy BB user but Nigerian are extremist and loves to show off little rags they have, Average Niegrian can buy BB atleast UK use cost as love as 15k but we have a priorities and if BB is your then go for it but dont go crazy and start making fools of youeself because of one thing or the other
Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by question(m): 8:29am On Nov 14, 2010
BlackBerry Messenger

Newer BlackBerry devices use the proprietary BlackBerry Messenger, also known as BBM, software for sending and receiving instant messages via BlackBerry PIN or barcode scan. BlackBerry messenger allows for instant messages to be sent internationally without the costs of regular text messaging. BlackBerry messenger also allows for display names, display pictures and personal messages, and deliver and read notifications. There is also the BlackBerry Alliance program of partners who work under contract with Research In Motion to create new BlackBerry applications. Typical applications include digital dictation, GPS tracking, CRM and expense management. On October 6, 2009 BlackBerry Messenger 5.0 was officially released, adding a whole new set of features, including bar code scanning to add contacts, profiles, sharing your location via GPS, and creating groups. The real advantage of BBM is that much like its internet based counter-parts, it also allows its users to connect to another user around the world.

Third-party software available for use on BlackBerry devices includes full-featured database management systems, which can be used to support customer relationship management clients and other applications that must manage large volumes of potentially complex data.

Source, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BlackBerry
Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by james1(m): 9:02am On Nov 14, 2010
@xandy84.stop hating;it won't help you.I put my pin there so that like mind peeps or those that want to do business with me can add me,it certainly was not intended for peeps like you.I have seen haters of the BB whose reason for their position is because they can't bring themselves to paying the monthly subscribtion,for them it is a big waste;for me it is a big gain and saves me stress.
Imagine being able to send business files over long distance's in an instant!!!it is not a smart phone for nothing.
@question.nice one.
The BB is loaded.
Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by indie22(f): 12:09pm On Nov 14, 2010
@ james1, I totally agree with you, you can't hate a phone just coz u have no use for it, I love my blackberry, it makes my job much easier, I can send documents and files and communicate with my clients when I'm away from the office or my desk, my ex boss actually made it compulsory for everyone to own a blackberry that way we won't have an excuse for not replying emails or corresponding with our clients. Blackberrys really are for serious minded people who understand the importance of being on top of things when it comes to their business.

Granted a lot of chicks use their bbs as show pieces or as a way to keep in touch with their numerous chykers but all thesame there are working class chicks like me who understand the importance of owning one. Most of my clients are on my bb contact list, if they call me and I don't pick up, they ping and send me a msg, (Its free), I have friends and family abroad who don't even have to go out and buy a lebara card or phone card anymore coz they can send a bb msg to me and get their message across. My sis just had a baby girl while her hubby was away, as soon as I got to the hospital he asked me to take a picture of his newborn and send it thru bb msgr to him (my mum was shocked, she had no idea such things exists lol), I sell cars and my bb makes it easy for me to take pics of cars and send them off to clients, I don't have to go through email, no need waiting for files to attach I just take the pic and send it off and it gets delivered in seconds,my bb msgr now saves me actually using my phone to make calls except when absolutely necessary, all these scenarios makes a blackberry a very convenient phone, that's why I don't get people beef with blackberrys, granted for some its a fashion accessory but for some people its an absolute neccessity!
Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by Mygoldie(f): 12:15pm On Nov 14, 2010
umm, nija,they always want to belong,but in a very quirky way. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by indie22(f): 12:30pm On Nov 14, 2010
My dear, owning a blackberry is nigeria is not such a big deal and its proves nothing, you're no different from any chudi, sola or haruna,
Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by gboyesh(m): 12:51pm On Nov 14, 2010
@ all. Yes . The bb is a functional phone  if you need all those functions, but why would a person who is not working or need to send files and doc's  want a bb for. FYI with my nokia 5800 or any internet enabled nokia  4 can yahoo messenger. Facebook , gmail send pics and or files n docs chat with all at same time via nimbuzz or palringo , make calls even internet calls via VOIP and recently theses even a nokia application that can enable me chat via bb messenger! So Why would i want to pay an additional monthly charge for bb , When even the most functional service of a bb (to connect directly to yr office server to retrieve office docs and forward then from yr bb ) can be done with a nokia application (mail for exchange ) so what is all this feelamongish bb crap. If you need one and can afford or dont mind payin the rip off charges then go for it , but all there daft skirts and jelly mined boys who are jumpin the band wagon ,when the new phone comes in vogue, you'll just be left with an extra stressful bill to be paying along with nepa , water, dstv, hitv,internet access ,and all there things we all "Shangree" to use. Abi you didnt notice mtn has brought their monthly bb charges to 3k to hook more daft wannabes.?
Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by james1(m): 1:31pm On Nov 14, 2010
@gboyesh.I honestly believe you need help,
Peeps pay cable tv bills,they are daft for getting what they need?peeps spend hundreds of thousands popping champagne in the clubs,they are daft for enjoying themselve's? when they can afford it.
Men gather at bar's and literally combust tens of thousand's by the time they are done,they are daft?
Men that pay up membership due's at ikoyi club,IBB golf club and other elite club's for reason's obvious to those that know are daft?
Take a trip to any night club on the island and see how men jeopardize money;your world will almost shut down.
You hide in your cave and make a noise,if you are presented with a BB you will turn it down,ah?better wake up and leave your small way of thinking.a man is what he think's.
Re: Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity by aca77: 3:14pm On Nov 14, 2010
gboyesh:

@ all. Yes . The bb is a functional phone  if you need all those functions, but why would a person who is not working or need to send files and doc's  want a bb for. FYI with my nokia 5800 or any internet enabled nokia  4 can yahoo messenger. Facebook , gmail send pics and or files n docs chat with all at same time via nimbuzz or palringo , make calls even internet calls via VOIP and recently theses even a nokia application that can enable me chat via bb messenger! So Why would i want to pay an additional monthly charge for bb , When even the most functional service of a bb (to connect directly to yr office server to retrieve office docs and forward then from yr bb ) can be done with a nokia application (mail for exchange ) so what is all this feelamongish bb crap. If you need one and can afford or dont mind payin the rip off charges then go for it , but all there daft skirts and jelly mined boys who are jumpin the band wagon ,when the new phone comes in vogue, you'll just be left with an extra stressful bill to be paying along with nepa , water, dstv, hitv,internet access ,and all there things we all "Shangree" to use. Abi you didnt notice mtn has brought their monthly bb charges to 3k to hook more daft wannabes.?

You're right for the most part. Despite its much vaunted qualities, nobody has been able to make any coherent sense about the exclusive features of the blackberry apart from the rather dispensable Blackberry Instant Messenger.

I don't know about the rest of the world, but in Nigeria it is clear that for MOST people owning a blackberry is all about 'belonging', or showing one's 'levels'. It kinda reminds me of the Thuraya phone that 'reigned' many years ago - an ugly, weighty and pretty useless satelite phone whose only selling point was that it can be used anywhere that ordinary phone networks service does not cover. Trust shallow Nigerians, they rushed to buy it because of its very expensive price tag in order to be called 'big boy' or 'big girl'. Thats what it is with this blackberry nonsense.

I use a nokia e72 smartphone. With this phone, I ca receive and send instant emails, I ca do instant messaging on a multi-platform level (Yahoo Messenger, Facebook Messaging, MSN! iCQ, Gtalk, etc), courtesy of third-party apps like ebuddy, palringo and nimbuzz. I can even send and receive files of all kinds (pics, word documents, etc). The phone has a host of delightful applications including an in-built scanner (yes, scanner - I can use d phone's camra to scan documents, pictures, forms, business cards, etc; and can also 'copy' hardcopy documents and 'paste' in softcopy in the phone and transfer to a pc). And it goes on and on. I achieve all of this with a N1000 monthly data plan.

So when people yap on about how you can do 'business' and send files and keep in touch with clients and all that, they are not saying anything new because my nokia e72 business phone can do ALL of that and a whole lot more! So what is the BIG DEAL about blackberry? Someone should pls explain. The fact is that the 'pin' concept is a commercial masterstroke by RIM (BB's manufacturers); the pin is what creates a sort of 'belonging' exclusivity that is really empty and adds no unique value. And of course Nigerians are always at the forefront of wanting to 'belong' in anything that even remotely involves empty exclusivity. Thats why every cheap girl would sleep around to buy or maintain a BB, or any vain, hungry dude would spend his school fees to buy one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Girl Sent This To Her Boyfriend After He Dumped Her: / My New Girl Friend Is A Sex Freak / My Fianceé asked me to prove my Love for Her (graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.