Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,451 members, 7,881,595 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 01:24 AM

Nigerian Agency Arrest 2,883 Drug Traffickers In 5 Months - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Agency Arrest 2,883 Drug Traffickers In 5 Months (2501 Views)

Police Arrest 2 Female Suspected Bombers In Abuja / Touching Photos: Family Members Of The Condemned Drug Traffickers In Indonesia. / Police Arrest 2 Over Bomb Threat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Agency Arrest 2,883 Drug Traffickers In 5 Months by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jul 20, 2010
The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) said it arrested 2,883 suspected drug traffickers between January and May.

The agency's operational reports reaching Xinhua on Tuesday from Abuja indicated that the figure comprised 2,780 males and 103 females.

The report said 77,796.12 kilograms of narcotic drugs were seized from drug traffickers.

According to the report, Indian hemp formed the bulk of the exhibits with 77,267.04 kilograms, psychotropic substances 419.59 kilograms, cocaine 82.281 kilograms and heroin 27.21 kilograms.

Between January and May 674 drug offenders were convicted and 43.42 hectares of Indian hemp plantations destroyed, the report said.

The report added that 81 traffickers, comprising 68 males and 13 females, were arrested at the Lagos Murtala Muhammed International Airport during the period, bringing it to an average of four arrests weekly.

It said 192.159 kilograms of illicit drugs comprising 82.281 kilograms of cocaine, 64.110 kilograms of psychotropic substances, 27.208 kilograms of heroin and 18.550 kilograms of Indian hemp were seized at the airport during the period.

http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/90001/90777/90855/7073851.html
Re: Nigerian Agency Arrest 2,883 Drug Traffickers In 5 Months by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jul 20, 2010
Woah!! Slow down, Nigeria.

Narcotic is not egusi seed.
Re: Nigerian Agency Arrest 2,883 Drug Traffickers In 5 Months by bkbabe97: 10:06pm On Jul 20, 2010
Most of them gotta Ibo!
Re: Nigerian Agency Arrest 2,883 Drug Traffickers In 5 Months by blacksta(m): 10:12pm On Jul 20, 2010
bk/babe97:

Most of them gotta Ibo!

You could not just resist the bait
Re: Nigerian Agency Arrest 2,883 Drug Traffickers In 5 Months by Nobody: 12:05am On Jul 21, 2010
Most of them gotta Ibo!
yes,no doubt about that tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Nigerian Agency Arrest 2,883 Drug Traffickers In 5 Months by Becomrich0: 1:10am On Jul 21, 2010
Why would anyone want to push drug for God sake. Why. You cant be that desperate for money my people.
Re: Nigerian Agency Arrest 2,883 Drug Traffickers In 5 Months by EzeUche(m): 3:25am On Jul 21, 2010
Society reflects our gov't. When a gov't does not care about its people, the people will look to vices to escape this entrapment.
Re: Nigerian Agency Arrest 2,883 Drug Traffickers In 5 Months by Nobody: 3:26am On Jul 21, 2010
EzeUche:

Society reflects our gov't. When a gov't does not care about its people, the people will look to vices to escape this entrapment.
So. . . . that makes it okay to deal drugs?
Re: Nigerian Agency Arrest 2,883 Drug Traffickers In 5 Months by EzeUche(m): 3:30am On Jul 21, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

So. . . . that makes it okay to deal drugs?

Not saying that is ok, but if you deal with poverty, people would not have to look to drugs to survive. Just look at African Americans who for years, were ostracized and kept in ghettos and they turned to drugs. Poverty is the bane of Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Agency Arrest 2,883 Drug Traffickers In 5 Months by Nobody: 3:33am On Jul 21, 2010
EzeUche:

Not saying that is ok, but if you deal with poverty, people would not have to look to drugs to survive. Just look at African Americans who for years, were ostracized and kept in ghettos and they turned to drugs. Poverty is the bane of Nigeria.
grin grin grin grin

I agree with you tho. . .
Re: Nigerian Agency Arrest 2,883 Drug Traffickers In 5 Months by EzeUche(m): 3:35am On Jul 21, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

grin grin grin grin

I agree with you tho. . .

What is so funny?

I am being serious. Don't tell me you have a problem with African Americans? Say it aint so.
Re: Nigerian Agency Arrest 2,883 Drug Traffickers In 5 Months by Nobody: 3:37am On Jul 21, 2010
EzeUche:

What is so funny?

I am being serious. Don't tell me you have a problem with African Americans? Say it aint so.
Nah, the bolded part reminded me of a NLer lol
Re: Nigerian Agency Arrest 2,883 Drug Traffickers In 5 Months by EzeUche(m): 3:38am On Jul 21, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Nah, the bolded part reminded me of a NLer lol

Who if I may ask? A current NLer or a past one?
Re: Nigerian Agency Arrest 2,883 Drug Traffickers In 5 Months by Nobody: 3:40am On Jul 21, 2010
A current one. Quite troublesome, you wouldnt miss him
Re: Nigerian Agency Arrest 2,883 Drug Traffickers In 5 Months by damilola15: 11:55am On Jul 21, 2010
If you think you are so poor or there is no job, try selling pure water, recharge charge, bread, akara, agbado even sobo or anything. It would be better than dying in China.
One thing I know is that they are not coming out alive.
I don't think I have an iota of pity for them.
Re: Nigerian Agency Arrest 2,883 Drug Traffickers In 5 Months by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jul 21, 2010
EzeUche:

i only wish one day you won't take to crime with the way you sound.there is no justification for anyone to indulge in crime not even militancy.
Re: Nigerian Agency Arrest 2,883 Drug Traffickers In 5 Months by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jul 21, 2010
EzeUche:

i only wish one day you won't take to crime with the way you sound.there is no justification for anyone to indulge in crime not even militancy.
Re: Nigerian Agency Arrest 2,883 Drug Traffickers In 5 Months by shotuns: 12:45pm On Jul 21, 2010
This only reports drug trafficking in Nigeria, what of the various drug bursts in other countries of the world. No day will pass without seeing a
Nigerian arrested of drug trafficking,  Nigerians in this business are really damaging our reputation every where in the world.  Many have to deny their country of origin except on special cases where you have to.

How do we rebrand Nigeria?
Re: Nigerian Agency Arrest 2,883 Drug Traffickers In 5 Months by oge4real(f): 2:09pm On Jul 21, 2010
Despite all the news that NDLEA is working, some mugus will still go and try their luck.
Re: Nigerian Agency Arrest 2,883 Drug Traffickers In 5 Months by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jul 21, 2010
i have no pity for drug carriers/dealers
Re: Nigerian Agency Arrest 2,883 Drug Traffickers In 5 Months by goofy124: 3:08pm On Jul 21, 2010
the only way that people can stop the drug is to make it as a law any body that they see any drug with him/her should be killed the rate of drug we reduce
Re: Nigerian Agency Arrest 2,883 Drug Traffickers In 5 Months by Ranoscky(m): 3:24pm On Jul 21, 2010
^ And what if GOD says. . .anybody dat sin will DIE instanter, how does dat sound?

*mind u, im not in surport of it.*
Re: Nigerian Agency Arrest 2,883 Drug Traffickers In 5 Months by erico2k2(m): 9:11pm On Jul 21, 2010
lol very funny, Guys we should thank God the the major problems we have with these drugs are Transpoters, what IF we have a major problem with users eh?the news of drug trafficking is not a new one,Drug is a worldwide problem, its almost nothing as per the rate of transporting it in Nigeria,So I dont know why the Hype,
PS I dont support it though, I wish we aint listed as courer countries.
Re: Nigerian Agency Arrest 2,883 Drug Traffickers In 5 Months by morfman: 10:07pm On Jul 21, 2010
men are criminals getting dumber or are dis guys are getting really good
Re: Nigerian Agency Arrest 2,883 Drug Traffickers In 5 Months by Ceekay(m): 1:49am On Jul 22, 2010
Most of them are from the west. . .
The yorubas. . .Igbo smoking prickss angry
Re: Nigerian Agency Arrest 2,883 Drug Traffickers In 5 Months by Nobody: 1:52am On Jul 22, 2010
Ceekay:

Most of them are from the west. . .
The yorubas. . .Igbo smoking prickss angry
Are you one of the drug dealers?
Re: Nigerian Agency Arrest 2,883 Drug Traffickers In 5 Months by hugooh42(m): 9:29am On Jul 22, 2010
Those arrested are those who wanted to play smart by not settling officials.We know this number is a far cry from the exact number that freight drugs through Murtala mohammed Airport.
Re: Nigerian Agency Arrest 2,883 Drug Traffickers In 5 Months by emmydee(m): 9:36am On Jul 22, 2010
bk/babe97:

Most of them gotta Ibo!

This explains the shallow mindedness of some NLders. We are discussing an issue, a world wide crime that has accessed every tribe on the earth surface, you are here saying 'they must be Ibo' Isn't this nonesense?

Housa, Ibo, Yoruba, Tiv, Itsekiri, etc are all involved in drug trafficing and all other crimes. Even the almighty kidnapping and armed robbery.
Rather than tackle the topic, you are attacking tribes. Isn't that silly?
May b you'r such a kid, then don't respond to issues that call for adult attention!
Re: Nigerian Agency Arrest 2,883 Drug Traffickers In 5 Months by NOWORRIES: 2:37pm On Jul 22, 2010
NONESENSE
HOW MUCH MONEY ARE THEY TRAFFIKING ABROAD FROM
THE NATIONL ASSEMBLY
GOVERNOR FORUM
CHAIRMEN FORUMS
MINISTERS FORUM
NFA

THEY WILL ARREST MORE IN A DAY
Re: Nigerian Agency Arrest 2,883 Drug Traffickers In 5 Months by Da360: 3:43pm On Jul 22, 2010
maybe they should visit obosi in anambra,and will get more of that!
Re: Nigerian Agency Arrest 2,883 Drug Traffickers In 5 Months by frankcj(m): 4:48pm On Jul 22, 2010
wake up black race, wake up nigerian's, isn't high time we abolish entnocentrism and tribalism, rather engaging our thought on the issues in drugs traffickers arrested being reported in this thread.                                                 Basically, drugs have destroys so many life on   a regular basis. More strick measure needs to be taken to take this drugs bastard off the business.
Re: Nigerian Agency Arrest 2,883 Drug Traffickers In 5 Months by erico2k2(m): 8:56pm On Jul 22, 2010
@frankcj
I dont know if I understand you a wee bit,i believe these guys arrested are people trafficking drugs out of Nigeria and knowing Customs in Nigeria too well, I believe these are guys who refused to SETTLE and got too smart hence they arrested them or Burst them.Now regarding Drugs distroying lives,I dont believe this is applicable to Nigeria as the average Nigerian cant afford to buy them hard drugs.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Must See. Why Poverty Will Never End And Africa Will Never Develope. / Nigeria: Targeted For Destruction / The Looted Wealth Of James Ibori

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.