Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,211 members, 7,880,776 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:37 AM

Yomi Shogunle Slammed For 'Yoruba Woman' Wanted By Police Post - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Yomi Shogunle Slammed For 'Yoruba Woman' Wanted By Police Post (17885 Views)

Soldier Blasts Yomi Shogunle For Blocking Him After SARS Complaint / Yomi Shogunle Warns Yahoo Boys Relocating From Lagos Because Of EFCC / EFCC Declares Woman Wanted For N1 Billion Fraud (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yomi Shogunle Slammed For 'Yoruba Woman' Wanted By Police Post by EmagNig(m): 10:32am On Nov 05, 2018
An Assistant Commissioner of Police in Lagos, Abayomi Shogunle has declared a Yoruba Woman wanted after she appeared in a viral video stealing at a party.

Just some few days back, the video of the woman surfaced on the internet and she could be seen pilfering some party items and stuffing them into her bag while at a party.

Although, the video appeared staged as some social media users suggest, the Senior Police officer in Lagos has declared the woman wanted.

He wrote on Twitter:

WANTED PERSON Please help me find this Yoruba woman. If your tip leads to her apprehension, I have a cash reward for you.

The officer was however castigated by some of his followers over the use of the word Yoruba Woman as well as the way he personalized the arrest. The post was considered tribalistic by a user who expressed his dissatisfaction over the officer's use of the phrase.

Some of his followers questioned his integrity and on what grounds is he making the arrest. As a Police officer or as a Private Investigator?

Yomi Shogunle, though have given insights into some issues regarding policing in Nigeria in time past, but he is considered not fit by majority of his followers who feel his posts on social media are rather unprofessional and controversial and do not portray him as professional Police Officer.

https://lailasnews.com/yomi-shogunle-declares-yoruba-woman-wanted-for-stealing-at-a-party/

1 Like

Re: Yomi Shogunle Slammed For 'Yoruba Woman' Wanted By Police Post by Livefreeordieha(m): 10:37am On Nov 05, 2018
EmagNig:
An Assistant Commissioner of Police in Lagos, Abayomi Shogunle has declared a Yoruba Woman wanted after she appeared in a viral video stealing at a party.

Just some few days back, the video of the woman surfaced on the internet and she could be seen pilfering some party items and stuffing them into her bag while at a party.

Although, the video appeared staged as some social media users suggest, the Senior Police officer in Lagos has declared the woman wanted.

He wrote on Twitter:

WANTED PERSON Please help me find this Yoruba woman. If your tip leads to her apprehension, I have a cash reward for you.

The officer was however castigated by some of his followers over the use of the word Yoruba Woman as well as the way he personalized the arrest. The post was considered tribalistic by a user who expressed his dissatisfaction over the officer's use of the phrase.

Some of his followers questioned his integrity and on what grounds is he making the arrest. As a Police officer or as a Private Investigator?

Yomi Shogunle, though have given insights into some issues regarding policing in Nigeria in time past, but he is considered not fit by majority of his followers who feel his posts on social media are rather unprofessional and controversial and do not portray him as professional Police Officer.

https://lailasnews.com/yomi-shogunle-declares-yoruba-woman-wanted-for-stealing-at-a-party/

lalasticlala
smh.. See the future generations we are breeding...Imagine headlines declares yoruba woman wanted...Soon all Nigerians will be living like Afghans and talibans,israelis and Pakistanis..Smh vigorously

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yomi Shogunle Slammed For 'Yoruba Woman' Wanted By Police Post by ChrisMafian: 10:37am On Nov 05, 2018
grin
I am quite sure that woman is a member of PDP, they are the ones known for theft.

19 Likes

Re: Yomi Shogunle Slammed For 'Yoruba Woman' Wanted By Police Post by Baawaa(m): 10:40am On Nov 05, 2018
This is not professional,the woman in question can sue him

2 Likes

Re: Yomi Shogunle Slammed For 'Yoruba Woman' Wanted By Police Post by cyndy1000(f): 11:20am On Nov 05, 2018
Jobless Police man. Is it your wedding.....i guess if any has the right to sue her is the Bride and the Groom.

10 Likes

Re: Yomi Shogunle Slammed For 'Yoruba Woman' Wanted By Police Post by delzbaba(m): 11:24am On Nov 05, 2018
This guy needs suspension

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yomi Shogunle Slammed For 'Yoruba Woman' Wanted By Police Post by hucienda: 12:44pm On Nov 05, 2018
cheesy cheesy dis kuntri ehn
Re: Yomi Shogunle Slammed For 'Yoruba Woman' Wanted By Police Post by wittyt98(m): 12:45pm On Nov 05, 2018
Re: Yomi Shogunle Slammed For 'Yoruba Woman' Wanted By Police Post by Sleekjunior(m): 12:46pm On Nov 05, 2018
sue ke..a thief suing an officer of the law tasked with the protecting lives and also preventing cases like hers..biko just keep quiet if u cannot add anything meaningful to these thread.
Baawaa:

11 Likes

Re: Yomi Shogunle Slammed For 'Yoruba Woman' Wanted By Police Post by tstx(m): 12:46pm On Nov 05, 2018
Ayam confused oo. Is she not a yoruba woman??

41 Likes

Re: Yomi Shogunle Slammed For 'Yoruba Woman' Wanted By Police Post by Nobody: 12:46pm On Nov 05, 2018
Typical Nigerian Police and their unintelligence.

You see a woman wearing Aso Ebi from CCTV and already assumed she's Yoruba, whereas she might be from any part of Nigeria, but the dullard has already narrowed down his investigation to one tribe making it highly impossible to apprehend the suspect if she were from another tribe.

I'm not surprised sha. Any guy with dreadlocks or earring is a yahoo boy or criminal to them, that's why they never catch the real thieves...

61 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Yomi Shogunle Slammed For 'Yoruba Woman' Wanted By Police Post by KingTom(m): 12:46pm On Nov 05, 2018
Yoruba Man dey tribalistic to Yoruba woman?
Smh

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yomi Shogunle Slammed For 'Yoruba Woman' Wanted By Police Post by AGNESikpuNNU(f): 12:46pm On Nov 05, 2018
cheesy
Re: Yomi Shogunle Slammed For 'Yoruba Woman' Wanted By Police Post by lanaVello1(m): 12:46pm On Nov 05, 2018
Baawaa:
On what basis would she bring her suit??

1 Like

Re: Yomi Shogunle Slammed For 'Yoruba Woman' Wanted By Police Post by KrystosCJ(m): 12:47pm On Nov 05, 2018
I wonder if there would have been any backlash if he referred to another ethnic tribe.

Would there?

11 Likes

Re: Yomi Shogunle Slammed For 'Yoruba Woman' Wanted By Police Post by nwaobitex: 12:47pm On Nov 05, 2018
He is just properly describing her shu

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yomi Shogunle Slammed For 'Yoruba Woman' Wanted By Police Post by Nobody: 12:47pm On Nov 05, 2018
Afonja woman grin

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yomi Shogunle Slammed For 'Yoruba Woman' Wanted By Police Post by tiredoflife(m): 12:47pm On Nov 05, 2018
What is wrong in what he said
Is she not a Yoruba woman
Is she not a Yoruba woman thief angry

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yomi Shogunle Slammed For 'Yoruba Woman' Wanted By Police Post by lanaVello1(m): 12:47pm On Nov 05, 2018
Am i the only one that doesn't find the phrase"Yoruba woman" tribalistic??
Or is there another way y'all are reading the phrase angry

11 Likes

Re: Yomi Shogunle Slammed For 'Yoruba Woman' Wanted By Police Post by ImperialYoruba: 12:48pm On Nov 05, 2018
delzbaba:

They should post him to Bama.
Re: Yomi Shogunle Slammed For 'Yoruba Woman' Wanted By Police Post by omoiyalayi(m): 12:48pm On Nov 05, 2018
Police is regardless in caution of why the woman in question is a Yoruba

Wow grin

1 Like

Re: Yomi Shogunle Slammed For 'Yoruba Woman' Wanted By Police Post by SexySapphire(f): 12:48pm On Nov 05, 2018
What gives him the impression that the woman in question is a Yoruba woman? I didn't hear her conversing or doing anything that points to her being Yoruba. The police officer needs to go on a human relations training asap

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yomi Shogunle Slammed For 'Yoruba Woman' Wanted By Police Post by eagleeye2: 12:48pm On Nov 05, 2018
delzbaba:
Why?
Re: Yomi Shogunle Slammed For 'Yoruba Woman' Wanted By Police Post by eagleeye2: 12:48pm On Nov 05, 2018
delzbaba:
Why?
Re: Yomi Shogunle Slammed For 'Yoruba Woman' Wanted By Police Post by Fierce11: 12:48pm On Nov 05, 2018
Hahahahahahahahahaha.
Some yorubas on NL may drink herbicide today o.
The woman in question, is she not a YORUBA woman? The policeman in question, is he not a YORUBA man? So what's up with the tribalistic accusation? If it was an igbo lady and the Yomi points it out, would the yorubas on this forum come to our aid and join us in crying foul? Mba nu! The only thing they would do, is call NCAN and spam the thread with "Igbo amaka and igbo ajoka".
Learn to accept the truth and carry your burden without sentiments. With that said; Afonja Amaka.

30 Likes

Re: Yomi Shogunle Slammed For 'Yoruba Woman' Wanted By Police Post by chrisifeanyi: 12:49pm On Nov 05, 2018
Nonsense, please help the police locate that Yoruba Woman Come and beat me. Ndi ofe mmanu

20 Likes

Re: Yomi Shogunle Slammed For 'Yoruba Woman' Wanted By Police Post by EvilMetahuman: 12:50pm On Nov 05, 2018
KrystosCJ:
I wonder if there would have been any backlash if he referred to another ethnic tribe.

Would there?
the internet will be upside down now if he had mentioned igbo woman cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Yomi Shogunle Slammed For 'Yoruba Woman' Wanted By Police Post by spiritofthedead: 12:50pm On Nov 05, 2018
Jobless man
Wetin e Dey find for social media
When your village people are at work you go Dey go where you no suppose talk dey talk rubbish dere...
Re: Yomi Shogunle Slammed For 'Yoruba Woman' Wanted By Police Post by tintingz(m): 12:51pm On Nov 05, 2018
I don't know if this is professional, I sometimes read something like "A French man name blablabla is wanted " in international news.

1 Like

Re: Yomi Shogunle Slammed For 'Yoruba Woman' Wanted By Police Post by setelity: 12:51pm On Nov 05, 2018
Im tired abeg. is he nt yoruba and is d woman nt yoruba. ppl will just be spewing trash. tribalistic to ur own tribe? im weak.

21 Likes

Re: Yomi Shogunle Slammed For 'Yoruba Woman' Wanted By Police Post by Urchman200: 12:52pm On Nov 05, 2018
I condemned his use of word in declaring d woman wanted. If it where to be another tribe,most of us that are tribal beggot will not c anything wrong with d statement.say no to tribalism

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Norah Okafor Sues EFCC, Demands N20m Compensation Over Home Invasion [pix] / Fulani Herdsmen Kill Pharmacist On His Way Back From Work In Jos(photos) / Lagos Police Arrest 10 Robbery Suspects, Recover 6 Stolen Cars (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.