Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,662 members, 7,889,165 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 01:28 AM

Igbo Apprenticeship System Is The Largest Business Incubator- Robert Neuwirth - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Igbo Apprenticeship System Is The Largest Business Incubator- Robert Neuwirth (1555 Views)

Igbo Apprenticeship in Alaba is the largest business incubator in the world(vid) / Igbo Apprenticeship System, World's Largest Business Incubator -robert Neuwirth / “the Igbo apprenticeship system is the largest business incubator”Robert Neuwirt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Apprenticeship System Is The Largest Business Incubator- Robert Neuwirth by BeautifulMind2: 3:15pm On Nov 05, 2018
Igbo apprenticeship system that governs Alaba Int’l Market is the largest business incubator platform in the world” Robert Neuwirth

This is the full video of the TED talk on Igbo apprenticeship system which I wrote
here. The TED Speaker, Robert Neuwirth, made a strong case and concluded thus: “And I can say with almost certainty that the Igbo apprenticeship system that governs Alaba International Market is the largest business incubator platform in the world.” The full transcript of the section of interest is below for those saving mobile credit.
[b]So the interesting thing is that this mutual aid economy still exists, and we can find examples of it in the strangest places. So, this is Alaba International Market. It’s the largest electronics market in West Africa. It’s 10,000 merchants, they do about four billion dollars of turnover every year. And they say they are ardent apostles of Adam Smith: competition is great, we’re all in it individually, government doesn’t help us. [/b]But the interesting reality is that when I asked further, that’s not what grew the market at all. There’s a behind-the-scenes principle that enables this market to grow. And they do claim — you know, this is an interesting juxtaposition of the King James Bible and “How To Sell Yourself.” That’s what they say is their message. But in reality, this market is governed by a sharing principle. Every merchant, when you ask them, “How did you get started in global trade?” they say, “Well, when my master settled me.” And when I finally got it into my head to ask, “What is this ‘settling?'” it turns out that when you’ve done your apprenticeship with someone you work for, they are required — required — to set you up in business. That means paying your rent for two or three years and giving you a cash infusion so you can go out in the world and start trading. That’s locally generated venture capital. Right? And I can say with almost certainty that the Igbo apprenticeship system that governs Alaba International Market is the largest business incubator platform in the world.
https://www.tekedia.com/full-ted-video-igbo-apprenticeship-system-that-governs-alaba-intl-market-is-the-largest-business-incubator-platform-in-the-world-robert-neuwirth/

You can also watch the video here
https://www.ted.com/talks/robert_neuwirth_the_age_old_sharing_economies_of_africa_and_why_we_should_scale_them/up-next?language=en#t-259226

Lalasticlala

Re: Igbo Apprenticeship System Is The Largest Business Incubator- Robert Neuwirth by dokyOloye: 3:19pm On Nov 05, 2018
Igbo amaka.
Zoo ajoka

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Apprenticeship System Is The Largest Business Incubator- Robert Neuwirth by BeautifulMind2: 3:23pm On Nov 05, 2018
Alaba International Market. It’s the largest electronics market in West Africa. It’s 10,000 merchants, they do about four billion dollars of turnover every year. And they say they are ardent apostles of Adam Smith: competition is great, we’re all in it individually, government doesn’t help us. But the interesting reality is that when I asked further, that’s not what grew the market at all.

Re: Igbo Apprenticeship System Is The Largest Business Incubator- Robert Neuwirth by zlantanfan: 3:23pm On Nov 05, 2018
Even silicon valley tech self dey learn, i wonder why these people love to lie to themselves especially because na "oyinbo" talk am.

The apprentish business that revolves around trading all made tech products or creating fake stuffs

1 Like

Re: Igbo Apprenticeship System Is The Largest Business Incubator- Robert Neuwirth by LuciferKristi: 3:29pm On Nov 05, 2018
Coneheaded Afonja Skull-mining & Facial Scarification Jews right now...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Apprenticeship System Is The Largest Business Incubator- Robert Neuwirth by BeautifulMind2: 3:33pm On Nov 05, 2018
zlantanfan:
Even silicon valley tech self dey learn, i wonder why these people love to lie to themselves especially because na "oyinbo" talk am.

The apprentish business that revolves around trading all made tech products or creating fake stuffs
Bitter mind stop hating, Robert Neuwirth is not an Igbo man, he is an American knows more about Silicon Valley than you do, TED is not Nigeria firm, TED was born in 1984 out of Richard Saul Wurman's observation of a powerful convergence among three fields: technology, entertainment and designready.TED Conference became an annual event in Monterey, California, attracting a growing and influential audience from many different disciplines united by their curiosity and open-mindedness -- and also by their shared discovery of an exciting secret. kindly watch the video and stop hating

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Apprenticeship System Is The Largest Business Incubator- Robert Neuwirth by BeautifulMind2: 3:35pm On Nov 05, 2018
Re: Igbo Apprenticeship System Is The Largest Business Incubator- Robert Neuwirth by zlantanfan: 3:39pm On Nov 05, 2018
BeautifulMind2:

Bitter mind stop hating, Robert Neuwirth is not an Igbo man, he is an American knows more about Silicon Valley than you do, TED is not Nigeria firm, TED was born in 1984 out of Richard Saul Wurman's observation of a powerful convergence among three fields: technology, entertainment and designready.TED Conference became an annual event in Monterey, California, attracting a growing and influential audience from many different disciplines united by their curiosity and open-mindedness -- and also by their shared discovery of an exciting secret. kindly watch the video and stop hating
I don't see why i should hate, just to correct the false narrative, because he is a white american as you say doesn't make him correct, anybody can be dumb.

Silicon valley alone atones for over 80% of the biggest companies in the tech world. And tech is the largest incubator agency in the world.

Silicon valley alone is the biggest hub for incubator and a single successful startup can generate thousands to millions of verifiable jobs.

For a country like Nigeria which can boast of a job creation estimate of which the south east exist in the indices.

To open chemist for emeka and teach nnamdi how to sell CD isn't what it entails

1 Like

Re: Igbo Apprenticeship System Is The Largest Business Incubator- Robert Neuwirth by BeautifulMind2: 3:55pm On Nov 05, 2018
[s]
zlantanfan:
I don't see why i should hate, just to correct the false narrative, because he is a white american as you say doesn't make him correct, anybody can be dumb.

Silicon valley alone atones for over 80% of the biggest companies in the tech world. And tech is the largest incubator agency in the world.

Silicon valley alone is the biggest hub for incubator and a single successful startup can generate thousands to millions of verifiable jobs.

For a country like Nigeria which can boast of a job creation estimate of which the south east exist in the indices.

To open chemist for emeka and teach nnamdi how to sell CD isn't what it entails
[/s]
Re: Igbo Apprenticeship System Is The Largest Business Incubator- Robert Neuwirth by princechurchill(m): 3:56pm On Nov 05, 2018
Appreciation goes to Yorubas for creating an environmental friendly for Igbos to do their trades in Lagos...

If Yorubas and Igbos can come together and reason together putting aside differences and create avenue for compromise and love the two tribes can shake Africa with Business ideas and human fiscal development

Udo diri unu
Re: Igbo Apprenticeship System Is The Largest Business Incubator- Robert Neuwirth by zlantanfan: 3:59pm On Nov 05, 2018
BeautifulMind2:
[s][/s]
lol, it seems word Tedx is giving you org**. I have been a Tedx speaker at a Lagos conference when I dealt on a science theory during my undergraduate years and its nothing new.

In fact their are also some dumb bunch speakers especially the entrepreneurs. Because he is white makes no difference, by the way am a Niger deltan not afonja

1 Like

Re: Igbo Apprenticeship System Is The Largest Business Incubator- Robert Neuwirth by Nobody: 7:32pm On Nov 05, 2018
It was TELEVISED LIVE on ALJAZERA.
People were encouraged to adopt that apprentice system as it would wipe away left over poverty among the IGBOs in the near future.

The WHITE MAN was so satisfied with it
Re: Igbo Apprenticeship System Is The Largest Business Incubator- Robert Neuwirth by BeautifulMind2: 8:38am On Nov 06, 2018
Lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

E-Currency, RMB, BitCoin, Gift card Whatsapp Group / Dukascopy Connect 911 (Free Swiss Bank ~ £9 Bonus Account:): Download + Install / Dangote Sugar Becomes Most Capitalised Company In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.