Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,858 members, 7,872,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:23 AM

Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage (81672 Views)

States Offer Tax Reliefs To Get World Bank’s Largesse / The United States Offer $15 Million Bounty On Venezuela’s President Maduro / Akpabio In Dilemma As Appeal Court Rules Rerun In Essien Udim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by Environer: 6:43pm On Nov 05, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Nigeria states are unhighly unproductive,

What type of grammar is this?

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by boxypane(m): 6:45pm On Nov 05, 2018
If this is passed, law makers salaries and allowances should be reduced to 5million naira max. It is possible to pay a minimum wage of even N60,000. How can running cost of a country be at 20% when the remaining 80% is going to the Legislature.
Nigeria's problem is her House of Assembly. They do no good but harm.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by sonofthunder: 6:45pm On Nov 05, 2018
Labour should note that they may not get the chance to change whatever is agreed for another 7years.

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by aku626(m): 6:45pm On Nov 05, 2018
Delta state mtchew

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by Atikulated: 6:45pm On Nov 05, 2018
obviously, this government lack sincerity and has no interest of the masses at heart

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by ksmile85(m): 6:46pm On Nov 05, 2018
i know oyo-state will be among those state that are not specific.
Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by mudiana(m): 6:48pm On Nov 05, 2018
Wat is wrong with Delta state?

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by fynlyf: 6:49pm On Nov 05, 2018
Nigeria politicians are not human being. They're monsters in buba and agbada, how much is 30k that you cannot afford as minimum wage.The civil servants upon who's sweat you acquired all you have. Shameless bastard

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by Nobody: 6:50pm On Nov 05, 2018
Kewtt:

Kenny you're really angry

Of course I am. I was hopeful of that guy.
Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by Jokerman(m): 6:51pm On Nov 05, 2018
30k is ok for now.... 57k from dead Plateau is not feasible.... However Lagos should up theirs to 45k at least.. .

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by Banter1(m): 6:53pm On Nov 05, 2018
Why is Niger State not on the list? smh
Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by micflo28(m): 6:54pm On Nov 05, 2018
DonFreshmoney:
Where is plateau getting money from to pay N57k??
lol bro it depends on the total no. Of workers under the state civil service payroll. I guess they have the fewest. Kano and lagos has the most yet kano is willing to pay 47k. That is wonderful of kano though the governor must answer for his bribery case

3 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by Conceptman: 6:54pm On Nov 05, 2018
this is becoming funny day by day. we are taking them serious until one of the state raise an offer of 100k :Pthis is becoming funny day by day. we are taking them serious until one of the state raise an offer of 100k

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by Nobody: 6:57pm On Nov 05, 2018
I loud gov Almakura of Nasarawa State on this one. He has proved to us why Nas State is the most developed, peaceful and progressive State in the Middle Belt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by Niceman4u(m): 6:58pm On Nov 05, 2018
Environer:

What type of grammar is this?
lol! na hunger nd anger induced grammer.
Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by skelewu404(m): 7:00pm On Nov 05, 2018
kennygee:
Kogi state's Yahaya Bello won't say anything. He is busy buying his thugs Hilux and his babes SUVs.

One of his drivers I know just built a standard 3 bedroom flat.

The Goblin hasn't paid salaries since October last year, even tho he gets allocations and has gotten the Paris fund other states got.

Why won't he be silent?
I know he is owing u o
But not since October last year except u were not cleared due to one issue or the other ranging from forgery to embezzlement of public funds
What an ozuo.
Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by Daeylar(f): 7:01pm On Nov 05, 2018
These people should know what they are doing abeg,
Are they going on strike or are they not?
this drama is getting too long.

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by Nasir123(m): 7:02pm On Nov 05, 2018
martineverest:
can we see how greedy and corrupt my region, Niger delta is?.. poorer states have agreed to increase their salaries,but the super rich South South don't want to

That is a very serious one o!
shocked

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by maasoap(m): 7:06pm On Nov 05, 2018
According to some of the Niger Delta states, which receive 13 percent of the federation revenue monthly, they can only talk about increasing workers’ pay if the federal government reduces its own share of national revenue and gives more money to the states. Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, openly canvassed that position last week and blamed the federal government and the All Progressives Congress for the ongoing minimum wage palava with workers, saying that it was their headache.

Wonders they say, never end. The same Wike who was a minister under Jonathan and didn't agree with that calls when the governors at the time were demanding for the same thing. SMH!

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by santakris(m): 7:07pm On Nov 05, 2018
midolian:
I really wonder why Kwara State goevrnment will never say anything on this minimum wage
I know Kwara State will not surface in this kind of discussion.

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by stacyadams: 7:07pm On Nov 05, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
We should be realistic in this country. You will see States that aren't productive and unable to execute any project playing to the minimum wage increment narrative because of politics.

Nigeria states are unhighly unproductive, all they do is go to Abuja at the end of every month to collect their own share of petrodollars to pay to civil servants and wait for the next month. They don't execute any project nor develop key sectors.

While I support this increment, I believe it may have little or no effect on Workers' welfare as long as we remain on the path of unproductivity.

God bless Nigeria
. I see my state,,abia,,fear catch me

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by CHAVINCI: 7:07pm On Nov 05, 2018
42k abia going going,57k! plateau 57k anybody else to outbid pleateau,going going,70k(murmur from the crowd)lagos 70k,yes can i hear an 80,250k!! abuja 250,this is getting interesting,LAGOS 350k!

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by Cyoung4real(m): 7:10pm On Nov 05, 2018
If Ikpeazu like let him pay 100k, he is going home next year. ALEX Oti is the man.
Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by uuzba(m): 7:10pm On Nov 05, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
We should be realistic in this country. You will see States that aren't productive and unable to execute any project playing to the minimum wage increment narrative because of politics.

Nigeria states are unhighly unproductive, all they do is go to Abuja at the end of every month to collect their own share of petrodollars to pay to civil servants and wait for the next month. They don't execute any project nor develop key sectors.

While I support this increment, I believe it may have little or no effect on Workers' welfare as long as we remain on the path of unproductivity.

God bless Nigeria
Shey, you enjoy using imported goods? Pant, shoe, watch, phone, car, soap?... The list is endless. All these imports have contributed to the closure of our local industries. No production, no work, no export. Only the 1 or 2% in oil industries actually doing anything that brings money into the nation.

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by seguntijan(m): 7:10pm On Nov 05, 2018
If 30,000 is approved.
30,000 X 12 = 360,000 in a year
If a worker works for the maximum 35 years
360,000 X 35 = 12, 600,000
Which means what the minimum wage earner will receive in his LIFETIME of work is less than what a senator receives in a MONTH, apart from his salary!!!
# copied
Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by bigwig10(m): 7:11pm On Nov 05, 2018
Ondo gov must be joking
Workers shuld no accept anything less than 30k frm the white beard man
Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by maasoap(m): 7:11pm On Nov 05, 2018
CHAVINCI:
42k abia going going,57k! plateau 57k anybody else to outbid pleateau,going going,70k(murmur from the crowd)lagos 70k,yes can i hear an 80,250k!! abuja 250,this is getting interesting,LAGOS 350k!

All na wash. Only one state so far has put it out and that's Kano state, Ganduje.
Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by Nobody: 7:12pm On Nov 05, 2018
miracood:
rubbish statistics angry
E pain yu say yo state name no dey among abi?
Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by ETHIX(m): 7:13pm On Nov 05, 2018
ogunnoikitaiwo:
I trust Lagos.. eko onibaje ...they can eny amount...

Lagos is not paying good salary to the civil servants. The money is too poor
Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by anaton(m): 7:13pm On Nov 05, 2018
Plateau paying N57k!!!Let me not say anything first.

Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by ajebuter(f): 7:14pm On Nov 05, 2018
DonFreshmoney:
Where is plateau getting money from to pay N57k??

Abundance of mining and natural deposits.
Delta, Bayelsa, Akwa lbom and Rivers should do the same..
Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by Realname: 7:15pm On Nov 05, 2018
[s]
post=72709722:
HOW THE COUNTRY CAN PAY MINIMUM WAGE COMFORTABLY..........

1. Abolish SECURITY VOTE in NIGERIA. Nigeria will pay N45,000 minimum wage comfortably.

2. a) Abolish CONSTITUENCY PROJECT FUNDS
b) Reduce no of ADVISERS to SENATE PRES(2), HOUSE SPEAKER(2), GOVs(4), PRESIDENT(5), VP(2)
c) Reduce current ALL Political Office Holders PAY CHEQUES by 51.5%, without exception
d) Do away with special remuneration to POLITICAL ADVISERS & PUBLIC SERVANTS eg; Purchase of Private Vehicles, Houses, granting Govt paid Vacations, paying for 1st & Business Class Transportations, etc, etc...
e) Abolish payment of OVERSEAS MEDICAL BILLS for Political Office Holders
f) Eliminate PRIVATE PRACTICE in public workforce
g) Eliminate participation of Public Workforce in Partisan Politics
h) Institute EMPLOYMENT BY MERIT, and eliminate UNDEREMPLOYMENT
i) Review and eliminate allocation of Govt paid POLITICAL AIDES & SUPPORT STAFF to Political Office Holders.

With (1) + (2) Nigeria would pay a minimum wage of N65,000 comfortably

3. Move Nigeria MORE to Private Sector Driven Economy
a) Privatise ALL of Federal Govt PARASTATALS & reduce Federal Direct Funded AGENCIES to 68% of the present.
b) Privatise ALL of STATE Govt PARASTATALS & reduce State Direct Funded AGENCIES to 19% of the present.
c) Reduce current DIRECT LABOUR JOB participation by 49%
d) Encourage more Working Hours until Nigerian economic stabilizes
e) Discourage UNIONISM in Public Workforce

With (1) + (2) + (3), Nigeria would pay a minimum wage of N101,500 comfortably.

4) Institute DEATH PENALTY to proven THEFT OF PUBLIC FUNDS no matter how little, and LIFE Jail Sentences for COLLABORATORS.

With (1) + (2) + (3) & (4), Nigeria would pay a minimum wage of N203,500 comfortably.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA
[/s]

Shut up

Nobody asked you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kwankwaso Visits Atiku In Abuja After Election Defeat, Peter Obi Present. Photos / Did Abba Kyari Threaten To Expose Lai, Femi Adesina If Arrested? (Fact Check) / DSS Facility Where Sowore Is Allegedly Being Detained (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.