Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,855 members, 7,899,035 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 04:27 AM

Another Attemptanother Attempt On My Life And Those Of My Family Members - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Attemptanother Attempt On My Life And Those Of My Family Members (256 Views)

Assassination Attempt On Ike Ekweremadu: Police Parade Suspect (See Photos) / Goodluck Jonathan Visits Ekweremadu Over Assassination Attempt On His Life(pics) / Dino Melaye Reacts To Assassination Attempt On Ekweremadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Another Attemptanother Attempt On My Life And Those Of My Family Members by slowice87: 11:04am On Nov 06, 2018
ANOTHER ATTEMPTANOTHER ATTEMPT ON MY LIFE AND THOSE OF MY FAMILY MEMBERS

There was an attempt on my life and those of my wife and son in the early hours of this morning.

This press release by my media aide summarises the incident.

Press Release

Ekweremadu, Wife, Son, Escape Assassination Attempt

The Deputy President of the Senate, Senator Ike Ekweremadu, his wife, and son escaped an assassination attempt at about 4am on Tuesday.

The armed men discreetly evaded the security at Ekweremadu’s Apo Quarters residence, to gain entry into his house.

The attackers, who could not immediately shoot in order not to attract the attention of the security personnel on duty, took hold of his son, and commanded him to lead them the Senator’s bedroom.

It was in the ensuing struggle in the Senator’s bedroom that security was alerted. One of the assailants was arrested with dangerous weapons and housebreaking devices, while the rest managed to escape.

The arrested member of the gang has, however, refused to divulge any information on the operation and has been handed over to the police.

Ekweremadu, his wife, and one of his sons were in the house at the time of the attack.

It could be recalled that the lawmaker narrowly escaped an attempt on his life in Abuja on November 17, 2015.

Although the 2015 incident was reported to the security agencies, nothing has been heard about the matter till date.

Uche Anichukwu
Special Adviser (Media) to Deputy President of the Senate
06/11/18 ON MY LIFE AND THOSE OF MY FAMILY MEMBERS

There was an attempt on my life and those of my wife and son in the early hours of this morning.

This press release by my media aide summarises the incident.

Press Release

Ekweremadu, Wife, Son, Escape Assassination Attempt

The Deputy President of the Senate, Senator Ike Ekweremadu, his wife, and son escaped an assassination attempt at about 4am on Tuesday.

The armed men discreetly evaded the security at Ekweremadu’s Apo Quarters residence, to gain entry into his house.

The attackers, who could not immediately shoot in order not to attract the attention of the security personnel on duty, took hold of his son, and commanded him to lead them the Senator’s bedroom.

It was in the ensuing struggle in the Senator’s bedroom that security was alerted. One of the assailants was arrested with dangerous weapons and housebreaking devices, while the rest managed to escape.

The arrested member of the gang has, however, refused to divulge any information on the operation and has been handed over to the police.

Ekweremadu, his wife, and one of his sons were in the house at the time of the attack.

It could be recalled that the lawmaker narrowly escaped an attempt on his life in Abuja on November 17, 2015.

Although the 2015 incident was reported to the security agencies, nothing has been heard about the matter till date.

Uche Anichukwu
Special Adviser (Media) to Deputy President of the Senate
06/11/18

(1) (Reply)

Atiku Dares Buhari, Approves N33,000 Minimum Wage / Atiku Never Said He Have 100,000 Employees / Okowa Says Prayers Will Make God Intervene In The Affairs Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.