Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,667 members, 7,918,142 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 11:51 PM

Yorubas Won't Allow Tinubu Deceive Them Into Voting Buhari Again -Adebanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Won't Allow Tinubu Deceive Them Into Voting Buhari Again -Adebanjo (2817 Views)

Atiku To Nigerians: Don’t Allow Tinubu Turn Nigeria To His Personal Property / George Moghalu: Igbos Didn’t Consider Implications Of Not Voting Buhari / Sani Shinkafi Ejects IDPs Living In His House For Voting Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yorubas Won't Allow Tinubu Deceive Them Into Voting Buhari Again -Adebanjo by nairavsdollars(f): 7:38am On Nov 07, 2018
By Temidayo Akinsuyi

Chief Ayo Adebanjo, elder statesman and Afenifere chieftain, said the Yoruba nation will not be deceived again by Asiwaju Bola Tinubu to vote for President Muhammadu Buhari in the 2019 presidential election.

Speaking with Daily Independent, Adebanjo, who has thrown his weight behind Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), said Tinubu succeeded in selling Buhari to the South-West in 2015 due to his claim that the president has integrity and the willpower needed to turn the fortunes of the country around.

He said three years down the line, Nigerians, especially the Yoruba, have realised that the president is not a man of integrity who also failed to keep to his promises, one of which is restructuring which is in the manifesto of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).

According to Adebanjo, Tinubu himself has realised he made a great mistake entering into alliance with Buhari but he is ashamed of saying it out.

“Do you think we are stupid people in the South-West? Yoruba people are more intelligent than all that. Tinubu succeeded in 2015 because of the fake integrity attached to Buhari. He succeeded in bringing Buhari because of the fake integrity attached to him but the last three years has exposed him to be fake.

“People have seen him to be fake. He is not somebody anyone can rely upon and I have no doubt in my mind that Tinubu would have seen the stupidity of aligning with him. By now, Tinubu must have realised the foolish mistake he made by aligning with him but he will not come out to admit it.

“Yoruba people are too intelligent to be used again. Once bitten, twice shy. Tinubu has sold the Yoruba by aligning with Buhari, even at this stage. He agreed with Buhari to do restructuring, to do federalism. When the man now got there and he is not doing it, has Tinubu got the courage to pull out?

“And I have said it to him and Vice President Yemi Osinbajo. They are unfair to the Yoruba because everybody is thinking that because they represent the Yoruba, all the things against the race, they would address them. But they are quiet on them all”.

“There are killings right and left, but they are quiet. They are quiet on the issue of revenue allocation. Even the case of local government under this restructuring, Tinubu took Obasanjo to court, it is part of restructuring programme and the man who handled the case in court was Osinbajo.

“They won the case at the Supreme Court. Under what principle did they take the then President Obasanjo to court? They sold out and the same Osinbajo, who took Obasanjo to court for not following the federal system, is now saying he does not understand what the federal system means”.

Adebanjo also berated Vice President Yemi Osinbajo for keeping quiet on the issue of restructuring, saying his desire to remain in Buhari’s cabinet despite the government’s insincerity on restructuring shows that he is not loyal to the Yoruba people.

“The unfortunate thing about Osinbajo is that he was born into federalism. His father and I were followers of Awolowo. Osinbajo is intelligent and well informed. It is a sad story that all the Yoruba we believe would be protecting our interest sold out, led by Tinubu”.

“I have told him that when you agreed with Tinubu to restructure Nigeria and to allow everybody to develop at their own pace and he is no longer doing that, why don’t you get out if you are sincere and loyal to Yoruba people?” Adebanjo asked.

“He organised the APC manifesto and put restructuring there to deceive the Yoruba that their interest would be protected and when their interest is no longer protected, why is it that he is still there?” Adebanjo queried.
https://www.independent.ng/2019-tinubu-wont-deceive-yoruba-to-vote-buhari-again-adebanjo/

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Won't Allow Tinubu Deceive Them Into Voting Buhari Again -Adebanjo by supereagle(m): 7:44am On Nov 07, 2018
Yoruba gained more under Buhari than PDP time.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas Won't Allow Tinubu Deceive Them Into Voting Buhari Again -Adebanjo by RockHard: 7:48am On Nov 07, 2018
supereagle:

Adebanjo and Afenifere think they can mumu Yoruba people. What did SW gain infrastructurally throughout PDP's 16-yrs reign? Even politically as we speak, SW has no clout within the PDP. The region wasn't even considered worthy enough to produce the party chairman. Anyway, we will meet at the polls. Enuff said.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Won't Allow Tinubu Deceive Them Into Voting Buhari Again -Adebanjo by Kingosytex(m): 7:50am On Nov 07, 2018
tinubu has already deceived them and will continue to deceive them. tinubu is the jagaban and he has the entire south west in his pockets

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas Won't Allow Tinubu Deceive Them Into Voting Buhari Again -Adebanjo by gare(f): 7:53am On Nov 07, 2018
supereagle:

What is the gain, office of Minister for personal gain, that does not get to the ordinary citizens, whats is the actual gain ?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Won't Allow Tinubu Deceive Them Into Voting Buhari Again -Adebanjo by ojun50(m): 7:54am On Nov 07, 2018
Eh una don sell una birth right to hausa, he go still use una head lagos primaries na example

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Won't Allow Tinubu Deceive Them Into Voting Buhari Again -Adebanjo by Nobody: 7:55am On Nov 07, 2018
Yoruba's gained the highest during PDP time. PDP gave them a president for 8 years. In our current democracy no body have been president from any particular region for a good 8 years. Many Yoruba's agree that Buhari did not start any project in the southwest but merely completing those started by Jonathan. Jonathan had the goodwill to start those projects and would have completed them anyways if he was reelected. Of PDP's 16 years,
PDP gave the yorubas good 8 years plus many projects Jonathan started in Yorubaland and yet you have the guts to say PDP gave you nothing. Pls ask yourselves how many projects Jonathan started in his South south region or south east. Yoruba's should stop being ungrateful. There is a value called Loyalty! A value that i hope the yoruba's will ensue. Stop painting yourselves, every now and then as people without principles and entrenched loyalty.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yorubas Won't Allow Tinubu Deceive Them Into Voting Buhari Again -Adebanjo by hisexcellency34: 7:58am On Nov 07, 2018
I agree with you. If Tinubu and this old man call Yoruba people out to vote, they will listen to Tinubu a million times. Nobody takes Afenifele serious again

Kingosytex:
tinubu has already deceived them and will continue to deceive them. tinubu is the jagaban and he has the entire south west in his pockets

6 Likes

Re: Yorubas Won't Allow Tinubu Deceive Them Into Voting Buhari Again -Adebanjo by codedguy1(m): 8:02am On Nov 07, 2018
supereagle:

What a statement?

Please enumerate what youruba has gained under APC?

If you list the number of ministers that are yourubas or number of appointments made in this govt as gain then you are of men most miserable.

How has the appointment of fashola, Shittu, adeosun (ex) etc of Yoruba origin been helpful to the yourubas as a people.

Your case is " I will continue to suffer as long as my tribesman is enjoying as a VP, minister, board member etc.

SMH

21 Likes

Re: Yorubas Won't Allow Tinubu Deceive Them Into Voting Buhari Again -Adebanjo by Omeokachie: 8:03am On Nov 07, 2018
"Baba so wipe" people on NL are far gone to think for themselves.

They will gladly oblige should Tinubu ask them to bring their children for 'etutu' that would make his wife return to the Senate. grin

7 Likes

Re: Yorubas Won't Allow Tinubu Deceive Them Into Voting Buhari Again -Adebanjo by zombieTRACKER: 8:04am On Nov 07, 2018
RockHard:

Adebanjo and Afenifere think they can mumu Yoruba people. What did SW gain throughout PDP's 16-yrs reign? Even politically as we speak, SW has no clout within the PDP. The region wasn't even considered worthy enough to produce the party chairman. Anyway, we will meet at the polls. Enuff said.

How has Buhari impacted your life... Giving one juicy position to a South westener does not benefit you...

Stop playing politics with sentiments... Think about the general betterment of Nigerians and not some portfolio.

The deaths in the land doesn't concern you.. Maybe because it has yet to reach your door step.. But my Yoruba friend.. These are human lives we talking about.. Does it mean something to you?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Won't Allow Tinubu Deceive Them Into Voting Buhari Again -Adebanjo by RockHard: 8:11am On Nov 07, 2018
zombieTRACKER:

How has Buhari impacted your life

Way better than GEJ and OBJ ever did. At least SW is getting spanking new rail lines linking its major cities, Lagos-Ibadan expressway is also getting the needed attention, amongst other ongoing infrastructures with the region just within the first 4-yrs of APC in power. That is the kind of infrastructure-inclined governance the SW appreciates. Abeg, wetin OBJ do for Ota (let alone the entire SW region) while he was president under PDP? Leave story, ok? SWesterners are smart enough to make an informed decision based on empirical evidences on the ground. We can compare and contrast. We will meet at the polls.

16 Likes

Re: Yorubas Won't Allow Tinubu Deceive Them Into Voting Buhari Again -Adebanjo by anonymuz(m): 8:12am On Nov 07, 2018
RockHard:

Adebanjo and Afenifere think they can mumu Yoruba people. What did SW gain infrastructurally throughout PDP's 16-yrs reign? Even politically as we speak, SW has no clout within the PDP. The region wasn't even considered worthy enough to produce the party chairman. Anyway, we will meet at the polls. Enuff said.
and what have they gained so far in this dullard called buhari regime

7 Likes

Re: Yorubas Won't Allow Tinubu Deceive Them Into Voting Buhari Again -Adebanjo by zombieTRACKER: 8:16am On Nov 07, 2018
RockHard:

Way better than GEJ and OBJ ever did. At least SW is getting spanking new rail lines linking its major cities, Lagos-Ibadan expressway is also getting the needed attention, amongst other ongoing infrastructures with the region. Wetin OBJ do for Ota (let alone the entire SW region) while he was president under PDP? Leave story, ok? SWesterners are smart enough to make an informed decision based on empirical evidences on the ground. When can compare and contrast. We will meet at the polls.

Gej initiated the rail you are talking about... How has Buhari impacted your life.. You are not making sense..

Forget the being smart story you are selling .. Because we know you don't have a choice in your political life... It's anywhere Tinubu interest lies... You go..

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Won't Allow Tinubu Deceive Them Into Voting Buhari Again -Adebanjo by Nobody: 8:16am On Nov 07, 2018
Yoruba people, give them two cups of rice with little money and you'll see them voting Buhari over and over again.

Ekiti and Osun state as a case study.

12 Likes

Re: Yorubas Won't Allow Tinubu Deceive Them Into Voting Buhari Again -Adebanjo by Kingsval(m): 8:18am On Nov 07, 2018
Afonjas ......Most confused set of people in Nigeria..

They are hungry and very cheap to convince grin grin

Argue it with ya ancestors lipsrsealed

7 Likes

Re: Yorubas Won't Allow Tinubu Deceive Them Into Voting Buhari Again -Adebanjo by RockHard: 8:19am On Nov 07, 2018
zombieTRACKER:

Gej initiated the rail you are talking about... How has Buhari impacted your life.. You are not making sense..

Forget the being smart story you are selling .. Because we know you don't have a choice in your political life... It's anywhere Tinubu interest lies... You go..

I don't have to make sense to you because you are a nonentity as far as I am concerned, and to top it off you are not Yoruba so quit crying more than the bereaved.

15 Likes

Re: Yorubas Won't Allow Tinubu Deceive Them Into Voting Buhari Again -Adebanjo by zombieTRACKER: 8:20am On Nov 07, 2018
RockHard:

I don't have to make sense to you because you are a nonentity as far as I am concerned, and to top it off you are not Yoruba so quit crying more than the bereaved.

If Tinubu tells you to jump off a cliff
Believe me.. You will consider it

You are right... I'm not Yoruba

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Won't Allow Tinubu Deceive Them Into Voting Buhari Again -Adebanjo by TheDevilIsALai: 8:21am On Nov 07, 2018
Oyorubas can repeat their foolishness again but what I do not want to hear is then justifying Buhari's rigging as they have been defending the atrocities of this evil govt.

This is not a threat but a candid advice as their relevance in Nigeria is at stake.

They can be deceived by their jaundiced press and Tinubu's propaganda machinery in their own zone but they should never think the rest of Nigeria are fooled.

6 Likes

Re: Yorubas Won't Allow Tinubu Deceive Them Into Voting Buhari Again -Adebanjo by RockHard: 8:26am On Nov 07, 2018
zombieTRACKER:

If Tinubu tells you to jump off a cliff
Believe me.. You will consider it

You are right... I'm not Yoruba

Your morbid obsession with Tinubu is your problem, not mine. undecided

14 Likes

Re: Yorubas Won't Allow Tinubu Deceive Them Into Voting Buhari Again -Adebanjo by hisexcellency34: 8:28am On Nov 07, 2018
What is etutu?

Omeokachie:
"Baba so wipe" people on NL are far gone to think for themselves.

They will gladly oblige should Tinubu ask them to bring their children for 'etutu' that would make his wife return to the Senate. grin
Re: Yorubas Won't Allow Tinubu Deceive Them Into Voting Buhari Again -Adebanjo by Omeokachie: 8:30am On Nov 07, 2018
hisexcellency34:
What is etutu?

Etutu means ritual in Yoruba language

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Won't Allow Tinubu Deceive Them Into Voting Buhari Again -Adebanjo by zombieTRACKER: 8:31am On Nov 07, 2018
RockHard:

Your morbid obsession with Tinubu is your problem, not mine. undecided

How can I forget the grand zombie puppeteer... You are not in control of your political thoughts and actions ... Tinubu is... So it's not obsession but pointing out the obvious

8 Likes

Re: Yorubas Won't Allow Tinubu Deceive Them Into Voting Buhari Again -Adebanjo by TheDevilIsALai: 8:35am On Nov 07, 2018
RockHard:

How much is an afonja vote going for nowadays? I need at least 100,000 in every LGA in Afonja land.

Don't worry money isn't a problem.

Can you deliver? If yes then know you will get 10% of total tallied and bought votes.

PM me

9 Likes

Re: Yorubas Won't Allow Tinubu Deceive Them Into Voting Buhari Again -Adebanjo by mightyhazell: 9:03am On Nov 07, 2018
wizzyrich:
Yoruba people, give them two cups of rice with little money and you'll see them voting Buhari over and over again.

Ekiti and Osun state as a case study.
okay

11 Likes

Re: Yorubas Won't Allow Tinubu Deceive Them Into Voting Buhari Again -Adebanjo by simplycarro: 9:05am On Nov 07, 2018
This yeye old man should please keep quiet and stop thinking he speak for anybody in Yoruba land except himself and family

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Won't Allow Tinubu Deceive Them Into Voting Buhari Again -Adebanjo by 7lives: 9:37am On Nov 07, 2018
TheDevilIsALai:

How much is an afonja vote going for nowadays? I need at least 100,000 in every LGA in Afonja land.

Don't worry money isn't a problem.

Can you deliver? If yes then know you will get 10% of total tallied and bought votes.

PM me

Bring your money we go CHOP am, and we go still vote for Buhari.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Won't Allow Tinubu Deceive Them Into Voting Buhari Again -Adebanjo by Racoon(m): 9:40am On Nov 07, 2018
sad The sophisticated "baba soope" SW people.

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Won't Allow Tinubu Deceive Them Into Voting Buhari Again -Adebanjo by Ganzagangan: 9:44am On Nov 07, 2018
Awon da' agba ma'danu.

Awon alatenuje agbalagba.

Siooo!

Sai Baba.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Won't Allow Tinubu Deceive Them Into Voting Buhari Again -Adebanjo by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 07, 2018
mightyhazell:
okay
lolzzzzzzz

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Won't Allow Tinubu Deceive Them Into Voting Buhari Again -Adebanjo by EvilMetahuman: 10:17am On Nov 07, 2018
but adebanjo wants to deceive us into voting a known criminal and his yoruba hating vice.

Adebanjo is old man, but sorry to say, agbaya, agba kagba, agba ti o tole. omo ale yoruba gbogbo.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Supreme Court Did Not Nullify APC Votes In Bayelsa Like It Did In Zamfara / Convid 19 Task Force Asked Buhari To Lockdown Abuja Immediately / What Is The Difference Between Invictus Obi & Peter Obi N Umahi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.