Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,137 members, 7,943,090 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 04:41 AM

Job Seekers Read This - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job Seekers Read This (303 Views)

Professional CV and Cover Letter Templates For Job Seekers / FREE Cover Letter Template For Job Seekers / 10 Tips Job-seekers Must Follow If They Want To Get A Meaningful Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Job Seekers Read This by AJVC(f): 2:59pm On Nov 07, 2018
I applied for an internal job vacancy. Aced the interview but still got rejected even though I was the top candidate. I later learned the person hired was a friend of my boss. I got tired of the office politics and started applying externally, and within 3 months I got a much better job. My ex-boss asked me to come back for the same job. I told him thanks but no thanks.

Lessons learned:

1. You can be the best candidate and still not get selected.

2. If you didn't get the job, it wasn't meant for you.

3. You weren't rejected, you were re-directed.

4. Your value does not decrease based upon someone's inability to see your worth.

5. Believe in yourself, keep trying and the right door will open for you.

1 Like

Re: Job Seekers Read This by Amthol(m): 3:18pm On Nov 07, 2018
God bless you

Re: Job Seekers Read This by JamieRocks(m): 3:25pm On Nov 07, 2018
AJVC:
I applied for an internal job vacancy. Aced the interview but still got rejected even though I was the top candidate. I later learned the person hired was a friend of my boss. I got tired of the office politics and started applying externally, and within 3 months I got a much better job. My ex-boss asked me to come back for the same job. I told him thanks but no thanks.

Lessons learned:

1. You can be the best candidate and still not get selected.

2. If you didn't get the job, it wasn't meant for you.

3. You weren't rejected, you were re-directed.

4. Your value does not decrease based upon someone's inability to see your worth.

5. Believe in yourself, keep trying and the right door will open for you.
Thanks for the inspiration

(1) (Reply)

IT Helpdesk Officer At KPMG / Job / Job Vacancy At Facility Management & Consultancy Ltd (fmcl)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.