Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,293 members, 7,900,614 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 02:18 PM

South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians (10101 Views)

Kano Deports 60,000 Beggars To Four States, Other Countries / Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees / South Africa Deports Foreigners. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by Nobody: 9:22am On Jul 22, 2010
that's life angry
Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by maxtop(m): 9:33am On Jul 22, 2010
tkb417:

is this news?

dont we deport people here too?

when miscreants travel and they get caught; they get deported

This is no news to me

even Chad will deport u if u dont have papers to live legally in Niamey
2nded grin grin grin
Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by nomoneydow: 9:42am On Jul 22, 2010
tkb417:

is this news?

dont we deport people here too?

when miscreants travel and they get caught; they get deported

This is no news to me

even Chad will deport u if u dont have papers to live legally in Niamey

you said what i was about to say
Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by nomoneydow: 9:46am On Jul 22, 2010
S@mi:

Plain jealousy !! embarassed

how?
Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by RSA(m): 10:14am On Jul 22, 2010
I think the level of journalism in Nigeria is very poor,ill informed and dangerous,I read the top article and it does not make sense.It does not explain why those people where deported.They make it look like they where deported purely for being Nigerians,there are thousands of Nigerians in South Africa legally and will never be deported unless they commit crime.And regarding the medical student she must tell the truth on why she was sent back,if your visa have expired and you have not renewed it,it does not matter whether you're writing the exam tomorrow or you're perfoming a life saving operation on Mandela tomoroow you wont be allowed in the country.It is a law.

Nigerians are too sensetive,and make everything personal.Instead of finding out the real truth,you scream xenophobia and jealousy.When one think Nigeria,lot of things come to mind but the 'TRUTH and PRINCIPLE' are not one of them.
Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by boombell: 10:22am On Jul 22, 2010
pls can someone tell me the capital city of Niger republic and Chad?
Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by Redman44(m): 10:22am On Jul 22, 2010
The Grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence. Our 47 brothers and sisters should not give up on life due to what has happened to them. They have to move on and try to do something concerning their dreams. It takes the favour of God to succeed in another man's country. I don't like the attitude of Black South Africans towards immigrants from other countries. Is it not a shame that while the European Union is expanding and allowing their citizens to settle and work freely across the continent, Africans are still hating on each other sad sad sad? It does not matter if you're black or of Asian origin [ though you might get the spiteful glance from racists ], once you hold a EU Passport, you can live and work anywhere in the Union.  Now, I'm not supporting illegal migration or Nigerian fraudsters in South Africa. I only want African countries to integrate better and open up their countries to one another.

Many South African blacks are not reliable as employees and this has led to Managers in the Service Industries relying on immigrants to keep their businesses running. The same scenario obtains in Europe. Nigeria is a country of more than 150 Million people. With the level of poverty in the country, Nigerians will keep travelling to South Africa, Europe and North America. Personally, I won't advice anyone to settle in South Africa. If you're going there for studies, don't spend one more day there after your graduation. You should be looking towards North America and Western Europe. I know what law abiding Nigerians abroad are doing for their families back home. For all those saying Nigerians should be deported from foreign lands, you need to have your head examined. The Western Countries are having a decline in birth rates and the number of pensioners are increasing by the day. Countries in Europe are struggling with the welfare of their citizens and they need taxes to keep their economies in the balance. With all the hullabaloo about immigration in Britain and other parts of Europe, the European Governments are still issuing visas and work permits to foreigners. They are against immigration in public, but they support it secretly. One of the reasons for the formation of the European Union is to stem the declining population of member states. Since they are all whites, It is easy for a woman from Poland or Latvia to move to Britain and marry an Englishman or German. Their children will be British Citizens in the long run and this situation can be replicated a thousand times.

As long as the world exists, Immigration and emigration will not stop. It is the life we create for ourselves and what we achieve wherever we decide to live that matters. Cheers.

www.vibes-extra..com
Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by jokingmary(m): 10:24am On Jul 22, 2010
This is not good sad
Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by Africanson: 10:29am On Jul 22, 2010
I still don't understand why a Nigerian should travel to South Africa to live. South Africa is not a secure country.
A country where you could be killed just for walking the street. Look at how their best musician Lucky Dube was murdered.

The world cup was nearly stolen!!.

As one of the post pointed out all Nigerian need to come home and fight the corrupt government that forced them be traveling over the world in search of greener pastures. If we all can fight our corrupt government at home and have just adequate supply of electricity most Nigerians will not want to travel outside Nigeria.
Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by oluagness(m): 10:47am On Jul 22, 2010
I am very sorry for the medical student. It is saddened if common SA can maltreat Nigerian. Let our leader do something good and nobody will move out of naija for anything.
Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by Redman44(m): 10:49am On Jul 22, 2010
@Africanson

Can you start the movement that will chase the corrupt politicians out of power? If you can start this revolution you're talking about, I will join the crusade. Talk is cheap, but taking the much needed steps to effect the desired changes is always a problem. How many Nigerians turned up for the recent demonstrations in Abuja and Lagos? You'll be surprised that as soon as you and a group of guys start the revolution, many of those cheering you on will start tracing their footsteps back to their homes and offices. Nigerians are not like the French, Germans or Russians who revolted against their Monarchies and corrupt officials successfully. Trust me, I've been involved in demonstrations as an undergraduate at the University of Ibadan. There were times when only about a hundred of us will be fighting for the whole students community. While cultists were trying to silence us with guns, machetes and threats, other students would be attending classes, studying at the library and calling us troublemakers. At the end of the day, I still graduated with honours without an extra year.  We fought against the key deposit @Zik Hall, UI. About 200 Zikites did not pay the Key Deposit fee and yet we graduated at the right time. My friend, don't be an internet warrior. Lead and we will follow. Cheers.

www.vibes-extra..com
Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by oluagness(m): 10:54am On Jul 22, 2010
boombell:

pls can someone tell me the capital city of Niger republic and Chad?
So you don't know th answers? The capital of Niger is Katsina and the capital of Chad is Maiduguri. Yet, we refuse to deport them. shocked shocked shocked
Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by zains: 11:00am On Jul 22, 2010
I think  the level of journalism in Nigeria is very poor,ill informed and dangerous,I read the top article and it does not make sense.It does not explain why those people where deported.They make it look like they where deported purely for being Nigerians,there are thousands of Nigerians in South Africa legally and will never be deported unless they commit crime.And regarding the medical student she must tell the truth on why she was sent back,if your visa have expired and you have not renewed it,it does not matter whether you're writing the exam tomorrow or you're perfoming a life saving operation on Mandela tomoroow you wont be allowed in the country.It is a law.

Nigerians are too sensetive,and make everything personal.Instead of finding out the real truth,you scream xenophobia and jealousy.When one think Nigeria,lot of things come to mind but the 'TRUTH and PRINCIPLE' are not one of them.

@ RSA.
And your own journalism is so sophisticated that it excludes the sensational aspect of it. Instead of "playing to the gallery", just go ahead and make your damn point!
Nigeria sure has challenges and we are not in denial of the fact so keep your royal indignation to yourself.

South Africa's challenges are also very numerous, just that you guys play the ostrich when issues such as violence, robbery, prostitution arise. What of airport informants who squeal on Nigerians so they can get robbed at their destinations? We also know about a certain guy who raped a certain woman. His last name is the same as the popular rock in Abuja. Nigerians know that you've got your problems too, we are just too cultured to rob them in your face. Peace man.
Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by JUO(m): 11:03am On Jul 22, 2010
the deportees should go into kidnapping, is a good business,

N.B the politicians only, until jobs are created
Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by ayo84(m): 11:03am On Jul 22, 2010
Hehehee, trust nigerians, always looking fora better place.but wonders why african countries are hating on us
Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by Smi1(m): 11:22am On Jul 22, 2010
@Zain , you are right bro, I'm just glad to be a Nigerian because we do things differently and we don't seems to care how other nations treat us, we are the big bro in Africa
Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by seunmsg(m): 11:25am On Jul 22, 2010
Too many Nigerians in south Africa are involved in fraudulent activities so, i wont blame the south African authorities for deporting them. For those that were deported unjustly i will implore them to join hands with well meaning Nigerians that are working hard to make this nation great. No matter were you go, their is no place like home.
For those people who are hell bent on leaving Naija at all cost, just be careful, one day even a failed Somalia will start deporting Nigerians, lol
Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by beeke(m): 11:48am On Jul 22, 2010
Black SA dont know yet wot is gonna befall them in the near future, up until now they are mass exodus of Zimbabweans and other southern africans becos of this threat of xenophobia earlier this year one Eugene Terre'blanche  the AWB leader was murdered on his farm in Ventersdorp after his burial the secretary general of the group issued a strong statement live on etv that his group will avenge the death of their leader he went as far as saying that after 48 hours of the death of formal president Nelson Mandela that SA will go up in flames. am not a prophet of doom but if this threat really happen i wonder where this black SA will run to. if the little research i did on this AWB group is any thing to go by then SA most especially the black SA should rather look before leaping cos wot goes around alwayz comes around. For sure Zimbabwe or Nigeria will not continue to deteriorate one day this country will be a force to recon with and black SA will definitely seek refuge in them when the going becomes tough mind you that 95% of SA economy is in the hands of white SA and foreigners  it will surely happen in my life time but before then i would have finish my project here in SA
Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by jot01(m): 12:02pm On Jul 22, 2010
Really dont know why South African hate Nigerians,

This is sad, so we should be scared to travelled home and come back again,

Na wa ooooo
Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by beeke(m): 12:02pm On Jul 22, 2010
black SA are too lousy and lazy for my liking how can you claim that somebody is taking your job when you are not ready to work, employ a black SA and he/she will skip work regularly with some dirty excuses most of them like to sit in their homes drinking from sunrise to sunset believe me you need to live here in SA to see how unbearable this guys can be
Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by RSA(m): 12:13pm On Jul 22, 2010
I see that this is a theraphy for most of you here,talking ill about South Africa makes you feel good ehh? I guess it makes most of you forget about your miserable lives.Good luck.
Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by Elaineh: 12:21pm On Jul 22, 2010
RSA, it is glaringly obvious to me from following your posts on here, that you detest/resent Nigeria, Nigerians and anything even remotely connected to Nigeria! Why then, pray tell, are you such an active member of Nairaland? All you ever seem to do here is insult Nigerians, put down our country and rub into our faces how much more "developed" SA is! I don't get it
Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by tkb417(m): 12:25pm On Jul 22, 2010
RSA:

I see that this is a theraphy for most of you here,talking ill about South Africa makes you feel good ehh? I guess it makes most of you forget about your miserable lives.Good luck.
and from ur comments are you proving them wrong?

how many times have Nigerians cast aspersions on ur personality for posting on NL?
NL is one of the good things of 9ja isnt it?

can same be said of your blogs? or why are you here if you know anything Nigeria reek misery?

to learn how to be miserable or what?

dont be in a haste to answer rubbish for rubbish
Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by beeke(m): 12:28pm On Jul 22, 2010
Some people here will always yap about how all nigerians are drug dealers but the truth is that we are far from being a drug dealers in the real sense of drug dealing becos some 9ja's are in the street corners doing this five five and ten ten rands drugs to me dont necessary make you a drug dealer when you come to SA and you wanna talk about drug dealing ask a Pakistani or an Indian person and they will tell you how to trade on drugs this guys are the main stream when it comes to drug dealing the only reason why every cases of drug is always link to nigerians is becos we have big mouth and always want to show off when you meet a guy doing ten ten rands drugs before u ask him what he does he will tell you that he sales atuke while the main people dont make noise na big mouth na him they kill us 9ja
Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by Angelheart: 12:30pm On Jul 22, 2010
Where there is smoke there is fire! We are sick ant tired of scammers and fraudsters here!
Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by jupita: 12:34pm On Jul 22, 2010
i'm currently studying in south africa, until i came here i never understood why they so much hate us. . . nigerians are a nuisance here, and i feel so embarrassed, people are vary of being friends with you once they know you're a nigerian. . .

we control the drug market and ofcourse fraud . . . those people that were deported dont have documents,trust me. . .

as for the medical student - fat fat lie, universities in south Africa have being on holidays from the start of the world cup and would only resume nextweek . .  . besides south Africa don't allow foreigner study medicine in their country exccept you're a permanent resident.
Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by Angelheart: 12:41pm On Jul 22, 2010
Jupita:

Im glad that this comes outta ur mouth: A NAIJA!! Really, what we see here in Mzantis! Ah! Appalling!!
Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by tkb417(m): 12:56pm On Jul 22, 2010
Angelheart:

Where there is smoke there is fire! We are sick ant tired of scammers and fraudsters here!
ok. we'll pass your mssg to our President to send a Jet to go bring home the scammers and fraudsters

thank you for ur comment
Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by bodsibobo(m): 1:12pm On Jul 22, 2010
I was once discussing with a Zimbabwean I met in SA on how pitiful things had become in his country as compared with the olden days and guess what this guy told me:

He said I should please please not bother myself with Zim. He said they know their problems and would address it at the right time; that I should rather weep for SA. He says when their wahala starts, (which he is so so confident it will soon - and gave many reasons why) they will not have anywhere in Africa to run to cos they've messed up themselves in the eyes of fellow black brothers in Africa through xenophobia.

South Africa is a beautiful land, but the people, eish, hey are damn WICKED!
Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by marabout(m): 1:29pm On Jul 22, 2010
@RSA,

You may be right that some of those deported may have been illegal or done something wrong but YOU must admit that there is a general hatred towards Nigerians. I do not believe that Nigeria has a higher percentage of criminals and murderers than South Africa.
Wole Soyinka, a Nobel Laureate known worldwide was harrassed at a South African Airport.
I rememer that Archbishop Dr Desmond Tutu told us years ago in London (he was our guest professor) how much hospitality he received in Nigeria over the years.
He even said that it was in Nigeria in the 1960s that he first saw an aeroplane manned by an all-black crew and the immense satisfaction and inspiration he got from seen it as a proof that blacks are capable of doing such things. Of course he was there to canvass for help against apartheid.  I think black South Africans bought in to the prejudice that white south African has against Nigeria for strongly opposing apartheid.
We have to forget history and move on. Nigeria should stop sending troops, technical aid and free or cheap oil to other African countries. After doing so much, all Nigeria gets is ridicule. Focus on solving problems at home first. Make your citizens OK at home and others will respect you. Then they won't go away to suffer abroad.
Many people on this forum are privileged and cannot imagine the life of many poor and desperate people who see going abroad as the last resort. Many know of untapped opprtunities at home, they are not fools. Where is money to tap into it? Most can only raise money with the prospect/promise of making enough abroad to repay or replace the sold land/house.
Of course many go abroad not knowing the reality over there but how many governors' or ministers' children try going abroad through the desert?
People should be talking of enlightening people about the realities abroad. But if they think things could not be worse abroad, would they heed?
Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by lajjy(m): 1:46pm On Jul 22, 2010
Redman44:

@Africanson

Can you start the movement that will chase the corrupt politicians out of power? If you can start this revolution you're talking about, I will join the crusade. Talk is cheap, but taking the much needed steps to effect the desired changes is always a problem. How many Nigerians turned up for the recent demonstrations in Abuja and Lagos? You'll be surprised that as soon as you and a group of guys start the revolution, many of those cheering you on will start tracing their footsteps back to their homes and offices. Nigerians are not like the French, Germans or Russians who revolted against their Monarchies and corrupt officials successfully. Trust me, I've been involved in demonstrations as an undergraduate at the University of Ibadan. There were times when only about a hundred of us will be fighting for the whole students community. While cultists were trying to silence us with guns, machetes and threats, other students would be attending classes, studying at the library and calling us troublemakers. At the end of the day, I still graduated with honours without an extra year.  We fought against the key deposit @Zik Hall, UI. About 200 Zikites did not pay the Key Deposit fee and yet we graduated at the right time. My friend, don't be an internet warrior. Lead and we will follow. Cheers

I think without any iota of doubt you have said it all. Our beloved country has been ravished and raped by our own kinsmen, your brother my brother. How long are we going to watch and look. Nigeria as a country has in all capacity the natural, human and material resources to be one of the greatest nation of the world but  we will be deceiving ourselves if we think these are all we need to get to the promise land. We are so scared to confront our oppressors. Our concerns now is let me just live comfortably, i dont care if there is power supply so far  I can afford fuel for my generator set. But one thing I know for sure Posterity will ask us what we were able to do to change her destiny.

This reminds me of the words of Martin Niemˆller

~ ''First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew. Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist. Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist. Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me''.
Re: South Africa Deports 47 Nigerians by morpheus24: 1:53pm On Jul 22, 2010
It is very evident that there is a serious if not growing problem between Nigerians and South Africans. The representation of Nigerians in South Africa is skewed, whether intentionally or by mere conicidence towards a portrayal of Majority Nigerians as Drug dealers and scammers.
As usual most South Africans have bought into this negative stereotype and equate a less than 1% portion of 150 million people into this category.

What erks me is when I drive pass the streets of lagos , Abuja and other cities in Nigeria passing by extremely hard working people who make do with very little in life yet are able to smile and journey on without the thought of theft, robbery, fraud or killings. IN IS AN INSULT TO THESE PEOPLE !! and to my person for that matter.

Take the young man known as VOCAL SLENDER from the documentary "welcome to lagos" who makes do with what cards life had dealt hims given him yet is extremely positive as far as the future and outlook on life. He didn't resort to any sort of evil undertaking, He is the majority face of an average nigerian.

@ RSA and Angelheart. If you really want to know the heart and determination of the average Nigerian please go on you tube and watch the Documentary "Welcome to lagos" you will see the true resilience and perserverance of the average man/woman who sees that his government has abandoned him yet struggles each day to perform the average duties of what a daily life demands.

MAKE SURE YOU WATCH IT FROM BEGINNING TO END!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My List Of 53 Notable Nigerians In The Last 53 Years! / Governor Samuel Ortom Orders Immediate Repair Of Collapsed Makurdi-lafia Road / 2019: President Buhari Will Not Disappoint Nigerians - APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.