Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,433 members, 7,937,326 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 09:00 PM

Minimum Wage: I Never Mentioned Any Figure – Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minimum Wage: I Never Mentioned Any Figure – Buhari (25816 Views)

Minimum Wage: I Can't Afford To Pay N100000 To Each Of My 4 Drivers - SGF Akume / Why Obi Never Mentioned Stolen Mandate In His Case / Buhari Never Mentioned Any Figure, Says Adesina On Proposed N30,000 Minimum Wage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Minimum Wage: I Never Mentioned Any Figure – Buhari by Basher8583: 10:37am On Nov 09, 2018
NaijaRoyalty:
Buhari is such a wicked old man .

A con artist , like someone rightly said above .

Buhari must be kicked out in 2019.

only a con artist suspects everyone as a con artist
Re: Minimum Wage: I Never Mentioned Any Figure – Buhari by alizma: 10:52am On Nov 09, 2018
CharleyBright:

For idiots like these who have lost their conscience and sensibilities, anything Buhari does or says is perfect for them.
Buhari says Yes, its ok by them.
Buhari says NO, its fine by them.
Buhari says Left, It is perfect for them.
Buhari says Right, it is still ok by them.
Buhari says Center or even No where, they still hail him?

Which kind useless and focusless life be that?
Buhari swear for una and replaced your brains with cow poo?
Must you people reward his clear cluelessness and incompetence with blind loyalty and always defend his stupidity?
I pity una useless life.
your statement exposes your background where insult is better consider to reasonable defense and explanation.
Re: Minimum Wage: I Never Mentioned Any Figure – Buhari by SirLakes: 11:12am On Nov 09, 2018
na NLC leadership wey stupid nau

This dullard playing them
Re: Minimum Wage: I Never Mentioned Any Figure – Buhari by mob4ever: 11:17am On Nov 09, 2018
Good for the incompetent NLC
Re: Minimum Wage: I Never Mentioned Any Figure – Buhari by gabbylight: 11:21am On Nov 09, 2018
iluvdonjazzy:
hahahaha Nigeria una don enter one chance o.

na real one chance

Re: Minimum Wage: I Never Mentioned Any Figure – Buhari by geeftiieee: 11:31am On Nov 09, 2018
undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Minimum Wage: I Never Mentioned Any Figure – Buhari by precious1967(m): 11:33am On Nov 09, 2018
PMB let ur salary commensurates with ur certificate
Re: Minimum Wage: I Never Mentioned Any Figure – Buhari by HeyCorleone(m): 11:44am On Nov 09, 2018
alizma:

you are the one insulting yourself by believing that Buhari has approved or agreed to a specific figure when you haven't hear from him nor his spokesperson. that he has received tripartite committee report is not the same as he has approved what is in the report.

This is rather a very weak defence.

Do you think the people on here are as dimwitted as your cmmander-in-chief? Smh.

Buhari should have just kept quiet since or debunked the news earlier.
Re: Minimum Wage: I Never Mentioned Any Figure – Buhari by onubijoe(m): 11:46am On Nov 09, 2018
I believed that , there is no two ways about it than to use our PVC to remove this man call PMB from power if Nigerian youths know their left and right . Imagine a man who didn't have ordinary WAEC result is using our head because of wickedness . its high time to take a decision
Re: Minimum Wage: I Never Mentioned Any Figure – Buhari by odeligboikwo: 11:50am On Nov 09, 2018
hmmm where are we now, when will the house pass the bill?
Re: Minimum Wage: I Never Mentioned Any Figure – Buhari by tfelicityk(m): 11:52am On Nov 09, 2018
UNNECESSARY CONTROVERSY OVER PRESIDENT BUHARI’S POSITION ON PROPOSED N30,000 MINIMUM WAGE – PRESIDENCY

The Presidency is concerned over recurring reports alleging that President Muhammadu Buhari has reneged on earlier acceptance of the N30,000 recommended as the new National Minimum Wage by the National Minimum Wage Tripartite Committee.

These reports are contrary to what transpired on Tuesday when the committee presented its Report to the President. Responding, President Buhari, while acknowledging the concerns raised by government on affordability and labour’s focus on meaningful increase, stated clearly in a speech, which was made available to the media:

“In a way, both arguments are valid. I want to assure you all that we will immediately put in place the necessary machinery that will close out these open areas.

“Our plan is to transmit an Executive Bill to the National Assembly for passage within the shortest possible time. I am fully committed to having a new National Minimum Wage Act in the very near future.

“As the Executive Arm commences its review of your submission, we will continue to engage you all in closing any open areas presented in this report. I, therefore, would like to ask for your patience and understanding in the coming weeks.”

From the above, and throughout the report-submission ceremony, the President never mentioned any figure. What he committed himself to was a new minimum wage, and only after the Report of the committee has been reviewed by the executive and legislative processes of government and an appropriate bill presented to him for assent.

Until the proposed minimum wage has gone through the whole gamut of law-making, President Buhari, who is a stickler for due process, will not be caught in this unnecessary web of controversy, which amounts to putting the cart before the horse and hair-splitting.

As for those who have latched onto the concocted controversy to play cheap politics, we appeal to them to remember that elections are not won through loquaciousness, and trying to demean the President at every drop of a hat. But then, it is not surprising, as they have nothing else to sell to Nigerians, if they don’t ride on the name of the President. Stiff judgment awaits them at the polls.

FEMI ADESINA

Special Adviser to the President

(Media & Publicity)

November 8, 2018
Re: Minimum Wage: I Never Mentioned Any Figure – Buhari by biztip: 12:03pm On Nov 09, 2018
buhari is a calamity

Re: Minimum Wage: I Never Mentioned Any Figure – Buhari by Bakerdav: 12:54pm On Nov 09, 2018
APC govt is a scam, have been telling people for so long we don't have labour leaders in this country no more, they have been given bribe by Buhari,bcs I can see the labour leader laughing with buhari on the pic they snap together on 5th of November,
Re: Minimum Wage: I Never Mentioned Any Figure – Buhari by Ahamic(m): 12:57pm On Nov 09, 2018
We have to make Nigeria a better country. Our comments, suggestions should be positive enough to impact our nation positively.
You can post quality articles about good governance, make suggestion for good governance, post your opinion on how to make Nigeria better, here https://www.goodgovernance.com.ng/ to start contributing to making Nigeria a better place all will be proud of.
Re: Minimum Wage: I Never Mentioned Any Figure – Buhari by KingRagnar: 1:14pm On Nov 09, 2018
When social media houses have proven to be the best at twisting news to garner views and what not, then it becomes obvious, the the president need not give them attention but instead channel it better issue for the good of the nation.
Re: Minimum Wage: I Never Mentioned Any Figure – Buhari by enemyofprogress: 1:31pm On Nov 09, 2018
Minimum wage,maximum wahala
Re: Minimum Wage: I Never Mentioned Any Figure – Buhari by enemyofprogress: 1:32pm On Nov 09, 2018
odeligboikwo:
hmmm where are we now, when will the house pass the bill?
after the election
Re: Minimum Wage: I Never Mentioned Any Figure – Buhari by enemyofprogress: 1:32pm On Nov 09, 2018
precious1967:
PMB let ur salary commensurates with ur certificate
gbam
Re: Minimum Wage: I Never Mentioned Any Figure – Buhari by AmTruth: 1:37pm On Nov 09, 2018
If only insults and Abuses win Elections. By now PDP and their sympathizers would have been in ASO rock by now. Just like said the President never mentioned any figure when the recommendation were presented to him. Simple.
Re: Minimum Wage: I Never Mentioned Any Figure – Buhari by EmekusTHEgreat(m): 1:58pm On Nov 09, 2018
We all have to realise that the situation that the president is in now is a very controversial one.. all things are at stake, he has to appease NLC and yet not throw the economy in to a hyperinflationary state.
before we start shouting let's ask ourselves a simple question, if we were in his shoes, how would we address this situation differently?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Forces Plot Osinbajo’s Exit; Mull ‘Onnoghen’ Treatment - The Sun / Imo Introduces “Back To Land For Agriculture", Workers To Work For 3 Days / Team From UK Royal College Of Defence Meets With Obasanjo At Abuja Airport. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.