Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,432 members, 7,901,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 05:51 AM

A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} (119497 Views)

The Sugar Mum (the Steamy Version) / Maria: The Sequel / The Sugar Mum [An Inspirational Story of Love] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by Solidlove(m): 5:38pm On Dec 18, 2018
Suspense too much we have not hear abt madam since well, am still waiting for the next update
Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by indodon(m): 9:06pm On Dec 18, 2018
following
Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by Nobody: 9:19pm On Dec 18, 2018
Thanks for the update
Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by eaddyboy: 9:31pm On Dec 18, 2018
Ride on bro
Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by LoveToRead: 6:13am On Dec 19, 2018
When I got home, I decided to cook noddles and boil eggs. Thank God I had a carton of noddles in the house. That would suffice as my meal for now. I realized that I was living like a bachelor again and I didn't find it funny.

On Wednesday of that week was the day Madam B would travel to the U.S.A. Her flight was scheduled for evening, so she still came to the office in the morning.

'Take care of things and let the office run effectively,' she instructed me. I should be gone for just four weeks. Take charge here.'

I nodded. 'No problem, madam.' She handed a check to me.

'Use that for general expenses. As for staff salaries, there will be no problem as the bank is under instructions to pay into workers account by the 25th day of every month. Let things go smoothly from this end.'

'Yes, ma'am.'

I went back to my office to continue my work. About noon, madam left the office to go home and get prepared. I was to continue my work in the office. I bade her farewell and happy stay in America. Few minutes after Madam B had gone, Mandy came to sit in my office. From her posture, I could see that she was ready for a long idle chat.

'I'm missing madam already,' she started. 'Oh, what a wonderful woman.'

I paused in what I was doing. 'Madam is indeed a wonderful woman.'

Mandy stared at me. 'How's your baby?'

I paused again. 'He's fine.'

She continued to stare at me while I pretended to be reading from what I had typed on the computer.

'You're very lucky, aren't you?' she asked.

I regarded her briefly. 'What do you mean?'

'I mean you're lucky to have a son through Steph.'

'It was a mistake,' I pointed out.'

'Yeah, you said so. All the same you're lucky.'

I shook my head. 'You keep saying that. Where's the luck coming from?'

She smiled. 'Can't you see, or are you just pretending? Your son is the first grandchild of madam.'

I sighed. 'Of course, I know that.'

Mandy kept the smile etched on her face. 'Your boy is a heir to madam's fortune.'

I stopped what I was doing. I had not thought of anything like that. Could that be true? It was true madam had no son, but the prospects
of a grandson being a heir had not crossed my mind.

'I've never thought of that,' I said.

Her smile widened. 'That's why I said you're lucky. The time madam sent you on suspension, I knew she would soon recall you. She can't
just treat you any how, after all, you're the father of her grandson.'

I sighed again. I didn't know what to say

'If not that you're married to Enny, you should have married Steph.'

I shook my head. 'But then, I'm married to Enny.'

'Maybe you didn't plan it well.'

I stared briefly at her again. 'How should I have planned it?'

'Maybe instead of marrying Enny, you should have married Steph.'

"Maybe,' I replied. 'And maybe not. I love my wife, and that's that.'

'I like you, you're so smart. You're eating your cake and having it.'

'It's not like that,' I quickly put in. 'Steph's pregnancy was an accident. I didn't plan for it. I expected her to terminate it but she refused.'

Mandy shook her head. 'If indeed you wanted her to abort it but she refused, then you're even luckier than I thought.'

I shook my head too. 'Can we please discuss another issue?'

'Can I give you a piece of advice?'

I looked at her curiously. 'What advice is that?'

She looked at me closely. 'If I were you, married or not, I will not let Steph go.'

For full reading, https://okadabooks.com/book/about/a_fatal_love_sequel_to_the_sugar_mum/23963

3 Likes

Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by Solidlove(m): 7:13am On Dec 19, 2018
Nice Update Bro keep it coming but what's the problem of this Mandy gan self, she have bad mind. but she may know what she's saying.
next plz
Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by Vulcanheph(m): 8:14am On Dec 19, 2018
In Oliver Twist's voice "MORE, MORE, MORE"
Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by Ann2012(f): 8:24am On Dec 19, 2018
Thanks for the update
Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by boomssey(f): 9:08am On Dec 19, 2018
Can u imagine d stupid Mandy girl,ole! Any way Alex still hoping d best for u with Stephanie
Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by CaZmir: 9:22am On Dec 19, 2018
grin Mandy is an opportunist, slowly turning Alex into gold-digging. LoveToRead keep it coming bruh.

1 Like

Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by Tonyspecial(m): 5:30pm On Dec 19, 2018
Next
Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by skubido(m): 5:55pm On Dec 19, 2018
Alex never knw whr dey pain ham ooooo, im just dey wave ni, the mad man still dey wink..

OP tanks for the update jhor
Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by Nobody: 7:08pm On Dec 19, 2018
skubido:
Alex never knw whr dey pain ham ooooo, im just dey wave ni, the mad man still dey wink..

OP tanks for the update jhor
Lol cheesy

E pain you oh
Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by benpuzzy(m): 10:13pm On Dec 19, 2018
Mandy Mandy.
Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by skubido(m): 1:18pm On Dec 20, 2018
LightQueen:
Lol cheesy

E pain you oh

Smile,
Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by LoveToRead: 5:52pm On Dec 20, 2018
She looked at me closely. 'If I were you, married or not, I will not let Steph go.'

I was astonished. 'But you, you condemned my action of impregnating her the other time!'

'That was then.' She shrugged and stood. 'Anyway, that was my own opinion. You're free to do what you like.'

She winked at me and left my office. I shook my head again. Just what was Mandy insinuating? Was she suggesting that I should abandon
my wife and marry Steph or what? And to think she was the same person questioning the propriety of impregnating Steph! Human beings are indeed complex in nature.

At the close of work, I drove to an eatery and bought what I would have for dinner. I was not happy to be living like a bachelor again. I
was terribly missing Enny and I earnestly longed for her return.

On Friday morning, I put a call to her. After what seemed like eternity she finally picked her call.

'Enny darling, are you coming back this weekend?' I asked.

'I don't think so,' she answered.

‘What do you mean, you don’t think so? What’s delaying you, dear?’

‘I’m not ready to come yet.’

I was getting impatient. ‘But I’ve begged you and I’ve promised that the mistake that happened will never repeat itself again. What else do you want me to say or do?’

‘Don’t you shout at me!’ she retorted and cut the line.

I stared at the telephone in anger. Why couldn’t she just take my words and come back home? I was becoming frustrated. Since the day I
told Steph I was not happy with her for revealing ‘our secret’ to Enny, I had not called her. She called me once, but I ignored the call. It
was like the two women in my life had somehow slipped out of my reach. I wasn’t happy at all, especially with Enny.

That weekend was so drab for me. To get busy, I went to my writing and really occupied myself. The writing was not just a preoccupation
or pastime, it became a passion. When Steph called Saturday evening, I picked her call.

‘Are you still mad at me?’ she asked.

‘A bit.’

‘I’m sorry, darling. I did all that because I love you.’

I sighed. ‘Well, I guess there’s no need I keep being angry since the deed had been done.’

‘That’s my love. Alex looks forward to seeing you, darling.’

I smiled. ‘How’s he? How’s my boy?’

‘He’s fine, Alex. He’s a cute baby.’

‘That’s my boy.’ I smiled to myself. ‘Have you seen your mum?’

‘Sure. She’s glad to see her grandson.’

‘Really?’

‘Of course. She loves the boy.’

Somehow, I was gladdened by that information. We talked more for a long time before the conversation ended. Once again, I immersed
myself in writing. As expected, in the church on Sunday morning, some people asked after my wife. I told them she traveled briefly.

I watched movies Sunday afternoon to while away time. It was good for me as I hardly had time to do so these days. Towards evening, Juliet, Deola’s friend knocked at my door.

‘Good evening, uncle. Is Deola around now?’

‘No. She’s in her parents’ house.’

‘What about sister Enny?’

‘I’m afraid she’s not around too.’

She looked at me briefly. ‘Alright.’ She then returned to her parents’ flat.

On Monday morning, I was in the office as early as 7.30 a.m. It was not that I had much work to do. Rather, it was to escape the boredom
of being alone. During break, Mandy came to my office for a chat again.

For full reading: https://okadabooks.com/book/about/a_fatal_love_sequel_to_the_sugar_mum/23963

3 Likes

Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by Ann2012(f): 6:04pm On Dec 20, 2018
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by Nobody: 6:11pm On Dec 20, 2018
Well done
Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by Tonyspecial(m): 6:27pm On Dec 20, 2018
Nice make up
Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by ashatoda: 9:22pm On Dec 20, 2018
shey uncle Alex no go sample Mandy so
Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by LoveToRead: 6:19am On Dec 21, 2018
On Monday morning, I was in the office as early as 7.30 a.m. It was not that I had much work to do. Rather, it was to escape the boredom of being alone. During break, Mandy came to my office for a chat again.

‘Hello there.’

‘Hi, Mandy. How d’you do?’

‘I’m fine.’

‘Good to hear that.’

She sat down. ‘Hope the work is not too much.’

I smiled. That was ironic. ‘No, not at all.’

‘Sorry, I want to ask a question. I hope you won’t see it as none of business.’

I studied her face briefly. ‘What question is that?’

‘How did your wife react to that Steph issue?’

I managed to grin. ’She reacted badly.’

She shook her head. ‘How badly?’

‘As badly as packing out of my face.’

She looked very surprised. ‘Osanobua, she did that?’

‘Yes. I pleaded with her. I even went to plead with her parents too, but she’s yet to return.’

‘So, how have you been coping?’

I shrugged. ‘It’s not easy, but I manage to go by.’

She shook her head in sympathy for me. ‘Sorry to hear that. Maybe she should just try to understand.’

I nodded. ‘I hope she will.’

‘So you’re like a bachelor again. Na wa o.’

‘Yes, na so I see am.’

She was silent for some moments. ‘What if she refuses to come back? What if she wants a divorce?’

I chuckled. ‘I don’t think Enny will go to that extent.’

‘What if she does?’

I paused to consider the prospects briefly, then shook my head. ‘No, it won’t get to that level. I will persuade her against it.’

The office assistant came in to announce that I had a visitor.

‘Ah, let me go back to my office,’ Mandy said and left.

‘Who’s the person?’ I asked the guy.

‘He said Dele, your friend.’

‘Oh, please, tell him to come in.’

Moments later, Dele was ushered into my office. He was my good friend, although we were not always so close.

‘Bobo Dee,’ I hailed him.

‘Alex, the main guy,’ he returned. 'The husband of all ladies in town.' We shook hands.

He sat down and stretched his legs.

For full reading: https://okadabooks.com/book/about/a_fatal_love_sequel_to_the_sugar_mum/23963

3 Likes

Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by Damibiz(m): 6:28am On Dec 21, 2018
The husband of all (LADIES) in town..i dont get it
Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by Damibiz(m): 6:28am On Dec 21, 2018
The husband of all (LADIES) in town,i dont get it
Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by boomssey(f): 1:39pm On Dec 21, 2018
Oko gbo gbo omoge! E don know everything.
Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by Tonyspecial(m): 4:53pm On Dec 21, 2018
This kind story sef, one in a day haba
Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by skubido(m): 5:05pm On Dec 21, 2018
Tanks for the update
Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by benpuzzy(m): 5:32am On Dec 22, 2018
More ink to your pen.

1 Like

Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by LoveToRead: 6:20am On Dec 22, 2018
Moments later, Dele was ushered into my office. He was my good friend, although we were not always so close.

‘Bobo Dee,’ I hailed him.

‘Alex, the main guy,’ he returned. 'The husband of all ladies in town.' We shook hands.

He sat down and stretched his legs.

‘Ol’ boy, na wa o,’ he said. ‘You don’t even ask after me again.’

‘Sorry about that. It’s the work.’

‘Ah, the work,’ he mimicked. ‘Ever since you started this work, the old Alex has changed.’

I wouldn’t know if that was a compliment or a reproach. I smiled.

‘And see your cheeks. Enny is really taking good care of you.’

Dele knew my wife very much. As a matter of fact, he was my best-man during our wedding.

‘Well, she’s trying.’

He smiled broadly. ‘She’s more than trying. That woman is a great asset.’

I sighed.

‘I think I’ll come around to your house this weekend. I want to come and pay you a visit again, most likely on Saturday. Tell her to prepare that
groundnut soup. I really enjoyed myself the last time I came.’

‘I hope she’ll be back by then,’ I put in.

‘Did she travel?’

I shook my head sadly. He got the signal.

‘What happened? Where is she?’

I sighed deeply. ‘We had a domestic issue and she left the house.’

Dele was shocked. ‘Oh, no. What did you do to her? It must be really terrible for Enny to take that action.’

I sighed again.

‘Wait a minute. Has she found out about Steph?’

Dele was one of the very few people I told about Steph and the resultant pregnancy. I nodded. ‘Can you imagine, it was Steph herself that called to tell her.’

‘Damn!’ Dele exclaimed. ‘What are you going to do now?’

‘I’ve pleaded with her. I’ve gone to meet her in her parents’ house. I’m waiting for her to come back home.’

‘Kai, na wa o. How’s the baby self?’

‘The baby is fine, alright.’

‘Maybe I should try to give Enny a call and plead with her too.’

I nodded. ‘Yeah, try to do that.’

‘But you too messed up big time. Why you no use condom, ehn? Why did you impregnate Steph?’

I shook my head. ‘We’ve gone past that stage now. The reality is that there is a baby from that affair, and we must live with that reality.’

'If not that I personally know Enny, I would have asked you to go for Steph, so that you can get the best of madam as her son in law.'

I shook my head. 'Marrying Steph should not be for that purpose. It should be based on love.'

'Ehn, Shebi you love Steph and she loves you too. The next thing will be to enjoy madam's fortune.'

I shook my head again but said nothing.

'But Alex, why are you the one with all the luck? I know how Enny used to assist you before you met madam. Madam came to the scene and
see how she has transformed your life. You have the best of them - Enny is your wife, madam is your sugar mummy, while her daughter ended
up having your baby! Haba, Alex, na only you?'

'Now, be careful the way you talk about madam,' I quickly put in. 'I've told you several times that she was never my sugar mummy. She is my
God-sent benefactor.'

Dele wrinkled his nose to show his unbelief. 'I heard you. Anyway, let's talk about Enny. I believe she's God-sent too. You must do everything possible to make her come back.'

I nodded. 'Now, you're talking. My main concern is Enny. By the way, let me call the office assistant to get you refreshments.'

'No, no. Don't worry. I'll soon be on my way. I just popped in to say hello.'

He was around for the next few minutes before he stood up. 'Thank you for your time, Alex.'

I stood up to accompany him downstairs.

For Full reading: https://okadabooks.com/book/about/a_fatal_love_sequel_to_the_sugar_mum/23963

2 Likes

Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by Ann2012(f): 7:18am On Dec 22, 2018
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by fashionale(m): 8:34am On Dec 22, 2018
Why do I have feeling that Alex' office has been bugged and his madam will have to hear all his conversations in there..... Well that's my feeling... Thanks to you loveToread

2 Likes

Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by eaddyboy: 9:39am On Dec 22, 2018
Whatever it may be...something seems fishy, Only time will unveil!
Re: A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} by boomssey(f): 12:15pm On Dec 22, 2018
Hmmmn

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply)

PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT / Make Me A Wife / The Handsome Devil I Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.