Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,814 members, 7,879,528 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 08:44 PM

Church Bassist Needs Advice - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Bassist Needs Advice (8840 Views)

2018 Full Prophetic prophecies and prayer point needed By GO MFM Dr D.K OLUKOYA / Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise / Muslims And Christians , Pls I Need Some Clarifications (matured Minds Only) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Church Bassist Needs Advice by udemzyudex(m): 4:36pm On Nov 11, 2018
OkaNaUbe:

First, you or (your friend) has been using his knowledge of playing base guitar to worship his God and not as a job. Be that as it may, I don't like the idea of preaching with you because you went elsewhere to play to meet up your financial burden. Even if the church can not help, the Pastor should be understanding.

Anyway, Change church, simple! Men of God aren't God and they can err.

Footballers have talent, they play the ball and get paid, musicians have talent, they sing the song and get paid etc are you trying to say that the pastor doesn't get paid or he or she is not benefiting from the church?

Oh because he is a basist and who told you base guitar is only played in the church?
Re: Church Bassist Needs Advice by Nobody: 4:40pm On Nov 11, 2018
GOD GAVE YOU THAT TALENT TO MAKE MONEY WITH IT.
Re: Church Bassist Needs Advice by viewflux(m): 4:42pm On Nov 11, 2018
I wonder how people will be allowed to be used at this time a age in the name of church, sometime i decide to just read comments and pass because nobody thought me sense...he will be looking for advise till he losses his mother...

A friend that plays instrument in church checked out of the church the very day he asked for stipends to keep him and his boys going and it was a week to the so called numerous crusades, the G.O told him that even if he refuse to play instrument that the Bible said God will raise the stones to praise him, my friend told the G.O that being a first son that the same Bible said he who can not provide for his family is worst than an unbeliever. today he is taking care of his family and getting ready to marry soon..

if you like stay there and think that your one of the trustees in the church investment, do not go and look for money to save your mum and live a better life......

3 Likes

Re: Church Bassist Needs Advice by Yahunemerem01(m): 4:44pm On Nov 11, 2018
Bros, for me Church is another man's business especially this ones with GOs. He should go and hussle for money outside oh!
Re: Church Bassist Needs Advice by Nobody: 4:48pm On Nov 11, 2018
udemzyudex:

Footballers have talent, they play the ball and get paid, musicians have talent, they sing the song and get paid etc are you trying to say that the pastor doesn't get paid or he or she is not benefiting from the church?

Oh because he is a basist and who told you base guitar is only played in the church?

Read my comment and assimilate. There are two types of church workers: 1. Those that are doing it to serve their God. They don't get paid. 2. Those that are paid to do their jobs. They or may not be a member of the church. When Deeper Life opened their lastest cathedral, the sound engineer was a woman on trousers, Gallas hairstyle (all negating how the church dresses) and obviously not a member. Go to big churches, they pay some workers like Cameramen/women, drummers and instrumentalists, choir etc.

Your last paragraph is not relevant as I never said only in churches do they play bass guitar.
Re: Church Bassist Needs Advice by maik99(m): 4:51pm On Nov 11, 2018
pfijacobs:
Hello nairalanders.. i wont bother you with too much epistle.. i have a friend of mine who came for advice to me and i felt you guys can help me shed some light on the matter..

My friend is a basist who has been playing and acting as a music director for the past 11 years without collecting a dime in a church..

last year he went into some problems and needed about 180k urgently to sort out his schooling issues..

he missed church for 2 weeks to hustle some money and his name was removed from the ordination list and he was alienated from the church without any sort of help rendered..
he still returned, begged and continued steadfastly till 3 weeks ago when his house rent expired and his mother fell sick..

he met the general overseer again and asked for help not even for the rent but assistance to collect his medical license so he can at least source for a housemamship slot

The general overseer said there was no money as he was going for his mothers burial and that the church wanted to buy a land of over 3 million naira in the east where there is no single member but he would talk to some people

Following sunday he was told that so many stories were told about him (the basist) and that before anything will be done for him they have to hear from the mother.

He made up his mind to go and play outside for some cash at least for now till he can raise the money for the license and probably get a good job

He doesnt know if he's on the right path and the g.o has been using him to preach ever since making statements like money is not everything, stopp being proud with your talent etc..

Whats your take please??
Should he leave or stay?

P.S: he was inducted into the medical profession in February and has not been able to collect his license because of the seemingly unmountable challenges of his mums health and a loan she took sometime ago.
Please urgent advice needed. Thanks

The church originally started with a view to bringing people together and solving their problems.. a few words is enough for the wise
Re: Church Bassist Needs Advice by Grupo(m): 4:57pm On Nov 11, 2018
OP, is your friend you?
Answer, so that I know how to advise you. I'm in the best position to advise since I used to be an instrumentalist in a church although I'm an atheist now.
Re: Church Bassist Needs Advice by oruma19: 5:00pm On Nov 11, 2018
mumu boy, ur mates are making money playing music u are there wasting ur talent for one yahoo pastor. ode
Re: Church Bassist Needs Advice by boolet: 5:01pm On Nov 11, 2018
pfijacobs:
thank you sir... its not like he said he wants to leave permanently he just wants some money to sort himself out...... thanks once again for the advice
He should leave permanently and stop enslaving himself. He makes money for them as some people go to church as a substitute dor partying. There they dance to music, of which the baseline is very important.
Re: Church Bassist Needs Advice by sukerefakere(m): 5:03pm On Nov 11, 2018
lightwhite:
Church cannot carry everyone's burdens but he should leave to go for what will fetch him money since they can't help him at all. What is funny here is that if his mum dies of the sickness now, you will see them rallying round to support towards the burial.
Many people don't believe you need help until they see you ruined in situations that could have been avoided. It's sad.
but they can collect everyone's tithe
Re: Church Bassist Needs Advice by CDCEO001: 5:04pm On Nov 11, 2018
Most of our Nigerian churches is being manged by wicked and heartless people.
I have experienced same thing in Nigerian church where i go to help them out with computer stuff, photo and video.

Let him forget about the church and go and find a way to sort his problems.
Re: Church Bassist Needs Advice by Temsirim(m): 5:13pm On Nov 11, 2018
Wow...word!
Re: Church Bassist Needs Advice by Temsirim(m): 5:14pm On Nov 11, 2018
adelee777:
The church reminds me of the Pharisees. They care about the Sabbath day, but don't care if anyone is dying in front of them on the Sabbath day.

Word!
Re: Church Bassist Needs Advice by Commanderinpips: 5:20pm On Nov 11, 2018
The bible says in the book of proverb that a man's gift will make a way for him if his gift make way for him else where he should go without hesitation provided his love for Christ is still intact after all no church will be recognised in heaven

1 Like

Re: Church Bassist Needs Advice by Nobody: 5:28pm On Nov 11, 2018
pfijacobs:

Thanks for the advice brother.. he's soft hearted... he's been recieving various offers that he turned down because he's very good...

Ur friend is not attending a church.

Go and read Paul's description of a Church in the Acts of Apostle.

But for summary:

A church is not the physical building. A Church is an assembly of God's people who look out for one another.

The word of God says:

Two are better than one, when one is down, the other lifts him.

If u can't find that in ur Church, look for another Church.

Or else the day u get into a more serious problem, physical or spiritual that Church won't be there for you.
Re: Church Bassist Needs Advice by udemzyudex(m): 5:35pm On Nov 11, 2018
OkaNaUbe:

Read my comment and assimilate. There are two types of church workers: 1. Those that are doing it to serve their God. They don't get paid. 2. Those that are paid to do their jobs. They or may not be a member of the church. When Deeper Life opened their lastest cathedral, the sound engineer was a woman on trousers, Gallas hairstyle (all negating how the church dresses) and obviously not a member. Go to big churches, they pay some workers like Cameramen/women, drummers and instrumentalists, choir etc.

Your last paragraph is not relevant as I never said only in churches do they play bass guitar.

Oga forget it, there is nothing like they don't get paid.
They get paid either receiving salary or benefiting in one way or the other from the church.

You better stop deceiving yourself,doing it to serve God ko doing it to serve Satan.

Are you trying to tell me that Adeboye or Oyedepo is just serving God without the church paying him or benefiting from the church oh I forgot you serve God more than them abi.
Re: Church Bassist Needs Advice by Demorcrazy(m): 5:35pm On Nov 11, 2018
Bro i am a bassist and as a fellow hustle guy who understands you have gone through,ill tell you to simply leave that church and source for money where you can.to focus on helping your mom you can even play at gigs and hiphop shows no send anyone.you can later look for a loving church and keep on serving God. God alone sees the sacrifice you've made for him by playing at the church for a very long time and when he will rewards you, you will be very shocked at the blessings you ll receive.

I was a hustle bassist too trying to combine music and my studies together.i would travel from abeokuta to lagos from friday to play at a church i was getting 4000# every sunday and i would still remove tfare from that same money. by the time i do that what remains might not be up to 2000#.i saw i was making no way forward and decided to stay at a church at school and serve there without payment of any kind.many times i would beg for money for tfare from friends just to make sure i attended rehearsals and services. i was going this way for about 2years non stop and did not give up. pastor was loving but had a lot of responsibilities on his head to take care of so he could not afford to pay me. i remember him always praying for me and helping with tfare once a while. things got worse and i could not write a whole semester exam cause of failure to pay school fees. it was then i knew i was finished. i had to leave school to hustle for job did bricklaying for a while and was in the process of searching for another labour job when a king saw me, liked me and gave me a form for a scholarship engineering program by Lafarge.

i wrote this exam with thousands of selected candidates and was among the 5 they picked for the west, 5 others from the north and 5 from the east all representing nigeria we are now having advance trainings in mechanical, electrical, automation engineering and would be giving instant employment at the end of the program and we enjoy monthly payments, free feeding accommodation, clothing,constant electricity, travel by flight, spending time in all three major regions of nigeria.

things changed for me cause i never stopped serving him. thats my little testimony here.Never give up bro.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Church Bassist Needs Advice by Nobody: 5:47pm On Nov 11, 2018
udemzyudex:

Oga forget it, there is nothing like they don't get paid.
They get paid either receiving salary or benefiting in one way or the other from the church.

You better stop deceiving yourself,doing it to serve God ko doing it to serve Satan.

Are you trying to tell me that Adeboye or Oyedepo is just serving God without the church paying him or benefiting from the church oh I forgot you serve God more than them abi.

Stay with your level of understanding
Re: Church Bassist Needs Advice by udemzyudex(m): 5:48pm On Nov 11, 2018
OkaNaUbe:

Stay with your level of understanding

Keep yours to yourself.
Re: Church Bassist Needs Advice by jaxxy(m): 5:49pm On Nov 11, 2018
post=72875768:
I love their Christ but HATE their Christians, because their Christians do no behave like their Christ!.........
Mahatma Ghandi, the great Buddhist from India!

END OF DISCUSSION!!

Perfect Answer!
Re: Church Bassist Needs Advice by Igxx(m): 5:50pm On Nov 11, 2018
if the church dont want to help him he can go and play outside for money its not bad
Re: Church Bassist Needs Advice by sacx: 6:01pm On Nov 11, 2018
Something tells me the story is not complete. A lot of things were deliberately left out to put the OP in good light.
Re: Church Bassist Needs Advice by Olumyyde(m): 6:20pm On Nov 11, 2018
A little advice sir, I've been playing keyboard, guitar, drums n sing in a Church for the past 25 years and still in same church. Started as a child and today I'm married with a kid still in same church. I happen to be the Music Director, but aside my government job, I teach music in a school n do home music classes too. I thank GOD I don't have to ask the church for money. From my experience, I would advise ur friend to arrange music classes for people in order to raise some money for himself. a man has got to do what a man has got to do. Most importantly, GOD rewards faithfulness. Wish u d best.
Re: Church Bassist Needs Advice by Qwerty4u(m): 6:52pm On Nov 11, 2018
pfijacobs:
Hello nairalanders.. i wont bother you with too much epistle.. i have a friend of mine who came for advice to me and i felt you guys can help me shed some light on the matter..

My friend is a basist who has been playing and acting as a music director for the past 11 years without collecting a dime in a church..

last year he went into some problems and needed about 180k urgently to sort out his schooling issues..

he missed church for 2 weeks to hustle some money and his name was removed from the ordination list and he was alienated from the church without any sort of help rendered..
he still returned, begged and continued steadfastly till 3 weeks ago when his house rent expired and his mother fell sick..

he met the general overseer again and asked for help not even for the rent but assistance to collect his medical license so he can at least source for a housemamship slot

The general overseer said there was no money as he was going for his mothers burial and that the church wanted to buy a land of over 3 million naira in the east where there is no single member but he would talk to some people

Following sunday he was told that so many stories were told about him (the basist) and that before anything will be done for him they have to hear from the mother.

He made up his mind to go and play outside for some cash at least for now till he can raise the money for the license and probably get a good job

He doesnt know if he's on the right path and the g.o has been using him to preach ever since making statements like money is not everything, stopp being proud with your talent etc..

Whats your take please??
Should he leave or stay?

P.S: he was inducted into the medical profession in February and has not been able to collect his license because of the seemingly unmountable challenges of his mums health and a loan she took sometime ago.
......this is pure lie....no church can leave a bassist who served even 5 years in need ..,before u shout am bassist...pianist...singer and drummer....l know whatever it takes to serve in this ministry......never u bring up this kind stories to discourage people from serving Jehovah .......imagine 11 whole years.....
Re: Church Bassist Needs Advice by adexpa(m): 7:22pm On Nov 11, 2018
Your friend suppose have moved since. You can't continue mixing spirituality with fact and be prosperous. church is a place where people meet to serve God and tight and offering has been mandated to cater for every services it might need, if church continue making money and cant pay for her need, it should be deprive of it. Let your friend understand life fact and make good living for himself and family through his talent. He should not see what church did has evil and barbaric, that is one of life lessons and it is meant to build him.
Re: Church Bassist Needs Advice by Nobody: 7:32pm On Nov 11, 2018
pfijacobs:

Thanks for the advice brother.. he's soft hearted... he's been recieving various offers that he turned down because he's very good...
[right][/right]I have been playing keyboard for 2 years now. But due to the effort put in myself I became so good that I get paid 25k per month by a certain church. 5k every Sunday. Night Virgil and other is my obligation.i also play outside of the church for fun where I still get paid.i hope you learnt something.my family member has a church but when I need money I no dey near the church at all talkless of who is not even my relation. Spits
Re: Church Bassist Needs Advice by Nobody: 7:34pm On Nov 11, 2018
Olumyyde:
A little advice sir, I've been playing keyboard, guitar, drums n sing in a Church for the past 25 years and still in same church. Started as a child and today I'm married with a kid still in same church. I happen to be the Music Director, but aside my government job, I teach music in a school n do home music classes too. I thank GOD I don't have to ask the church for money. From my experience, I would advise ur friend to arrange music classes for people in order to raise some money for himself. a man has got to do what a man has got to do. Wish u d best.
please how do you do the music courses? Do you do it at your house or rented office. Also how much do you charge per student let's say who wants to learn piano?
Re: Church Bassist Needs Advice by SIRKAY98(m): 7:36pm On Nov 11, 2018
This thing happened to a friend in my church

He left for MFM as a Keyboadist until date he has not returned to his church
Re: Church Bassist Needs Advice by Jamesayo: 8:28pm On Nov 11, 2018
I have no issue with the church but the basist. He hasn't been frank with himself and God. You being in church is to serve God, not the G.O. If he can't be settled by God first, he can't be settled by the G.O. as well no matter the number of years. God never owes a man and God won't leave you in time of trouble. Position is good but not a colour of a relationship with God. He should cry to God for intervention and watch God order his steps.

2 Likes

Re: Church Bassist Needs Advice by Apina(m): 9:21pm On Nov 11, 2018
pfijacobs:

Whats your take please??
Should he leave or stay?

Give me your friends full name so that I can look for him and give him a slap to reset his brain. What sort of stupid followership is he practicing? He's waiting for manner to fall from heaven when God has given him Tractor to use in cultivating for himself. Tell him that God would not do for him what he can do for himself undecided
Re: Church Bassist Needs Advice by daviddoc(m): 10:12pm On Nov 11, 2018
Bro, I perfectly relate with the whole situation. I'm also an instrumentalist (Pianist).
I've played for several churches and have met quite a number of 'Men of God'. Some of them are unkind and inept.
I strongly advice that your friend leave that church right away and without hesitation.
For God's sake, he's been in the church for several years, he should be on a monthly Payroll.
Instrumentalists everywhere should be paid, it is biblical!!!
Except, of course, if they otherwise wish.
Re: Church Bassist Needs Advice by paulstrings(m): 10:18pm On Nov 11, 2018
Depends tho...

My Service to God supercedes everything else. Let him ask God for wisdom and seek advice from a trusted mentor.

Meanwhile INSTRUMENTALISTS (Guitarists and Bassists)
Click the link to join an Exclusive group that showcases and sells gears and equipment to make you a better musician.

https:///CL6822aLj4U8BeplP2Gfkl

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Congrats Pastor Agbaje, Goodluck Jonathan Now The Acting President Of Nigeria. / Theists - List The Evils Committed By Lucifer / Kill Bill Vo.1 - Philosophical Edition?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.