Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,883 members, 7,872,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:54 AM

No One Should Go To Lautech! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / No One Should Go To Lautech! (2761 Views)

Returning Certificate To LAUTECH Not Social Media Stunt – Jobless Graduate / Letter To Lautech Post Utme Student Who Do Not Have Accommodation / #fundlautech Update: N9.4m Donated To Lautech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No One Should Go To Lautech! by Mai01: 2:50am On Nov 10, 2018
How do you describe a school that has refused to give its students any of their results in the past one year? How do you describe a bunch of lecturers that feel the students' future should be jeopardized continuously because their arrears aren't paid even when their monthly salaries are being paid from the tuition fees of these same students? How do you categorize a school where the final year students were mobilized for incoming Batch C stream II but most likely wont be able to resume camping activities because ASUU feels the students shouldnt be released because their arrears are unpaid even after spending 7 years in school? How do you tag a school that has continued to churn out Btech degrees with no feasible traces of Tech in its every day runnings? The truth is Lautech is gone for good! The sooner every prospective jambites understand this, the better for the future of education in this country. What's the essence of having a degree for which you will spend 7 years rather than 5 years with 3 of those years spent out of school due to incessant strikes actions? In a sane country, a school like Lautech should have been closed by the University regulatory commission till a long-term solution can be found regarding the running of the school. The school is in deep mess thanks to combine stupidity, incompetence and selfishness of the owner-state governments, the school management and the ever-unreasonable ASUU! If you have a brother or sister planning to sit for Jamb next year, advice him or her to stay away from anything Lautech! Depression, deformed educational career, old age, and grief have been the characteristics of Lautech students for the past 3 years. Dont say you weren't warned. Thank you!

4 Likes

Re: No One Should Go To Lautech! by Strangebuttrue(m): 2:57am On Nov 10, 2018
Eyah

Re: No One Should Go To Lautech! by paparazzi1987(m): 4:12am On Nov 10, 2018
Arise o sing o Ladokite

ever militant..ever lipsrsealed

Fighting for peace love and justice. intimidation we condone not

Great Lautech am proud of you. Great lautech ..

cry cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: No One Should Go To Lautech! by Nobody: 8:24am On Nov 10, 2018
paparazzi1987:
Arise o sing o Ladokite

ever militant..ever lipsrsealed

Fighting for peace love and justice. intimidation we condone not

Great Lautech am proud of you. Great lautech ..

cry cry cry cry
Are you in fsc
Re: No One Should Go To Lautech! by frankosivue(m): 8:31am On Nov 10, 2018
LAUTECH
Re: No One Should Go To Lautech! by Nobody: 8:49am On Nov 10, 2018
Statistically, the available Nigerian universities can't carter for the teeming 1.5 million candidates seeking admission yearly. Your proposal would only fall on deaf ears because as it stands now, some fox are just out to be called "university students" after several years of retaking JAMB.

It is very true that LAUTECH should not be regarded as a citadel of higher learning anymore because it has failed woefully in its statutory obligation. Isn't it ironic that one oblivious ranking body called webometric has presented LAUTECH the state owned school in Nigeria. It shows how much of a junk many of these rankings are.

Its recent participation in yet another show of force by those set of unproductive old men parading as ASUU gives ASUU-LAUTECH away completely as insensitive, unrepentant and unprogressive lot.

5 Likes

Re: No One Should Go To Lautech! by adepoj99(m): 8:51am On Nov 10, 2018
I totally agree with you,
But we all should look beyond the strike and find the advantages in the disadvantages. I belief these strikes have made some students and also destroyed some others due to what they invest their live in during the cause of the strike..
The strike have given birth to entrepreneurs, marketers etc, who have been successful in what they do and will grow to become employers of labour and be of great value to the development of Nigeria, of which can't be achieved if we've had a smooth academic calender.
If you ask those people what the are thankful for, they will say the are thankful for those strike..
NOTE: I'm not in anyway supporting industrial action but I'm just trying to point out the sense can be made from non_sense.
Thanks...

2 Likes

Re: No One Should Go To Lautech! by Nobody: 9:55am On Nov 10, 2018
Statistically, the available Nigerian universities can't carter for the teeming 1.5 million candidates seeking admission yearly
Your assertion is false. You either rephrase you statement or take it as falsehood. There enough vacant space in Nigeria universities.

It is very true that LAUTECH should not be regarded as a citadel of higher learning anymore because it has failed woefully in its statutory obligation. Isn't it ironic that one oblivious ranking body called webometric has presented LAUTECH the state owned school in Nigeria. It shows how much of a junk many of these rankings are.
One of the criteria for ranking schools is the number of published journals and articles. It is possible that LAUTECH publishes more journal than other schools to ranked high. Most Students blindly follow such ranking to apply for admission.

Its recent participation in yet another show of force by those set of unproductive old men parading as ASUU gives ASUU-LAUTECH away completely as insensitive, unrepentant and unprogressive lot
Inasmuch as ASUU members are insensitive and selfish, I blame the indigenes of those states that continually fall for the deceptive nature of their politicians.
Re: No One Should Go To Lautech! by Nobody: 9:57am On Nov 10, 2018
adepoj99:
I totally agree with you,
But we all should look beyond the strike and find the advantages in the disadvantages. I belief these strikes have made some students and also destroyed some others due to what they invest their live in during the cause of the strike..
The strike have given birth to entrepreneurs, marketers etc, who have been successful in what they do and will grow to become employers of labour and be of great value to the development of Nigeria, of which can't be achieved if we've had a smooth academic calender.
If you ask those people what the are thankful for, they will say the are thankful for those strike..
NOTE: I'm not in anyway supporting industrial action but I'm just trying to point out the sense can be made from non_sense.
Thanks...
They would have still be entrepreneurs when they face the labour market.

1 Like

Re: No One Should Go To Lautech! by Fatasy(m): 11:01am On Nov 10, 2018
asuustrike1:

Your assertion is false. You either rephrase you statement or take it as falsehood. There enough vacant space in Nigeria universities.

One of the criteria for ranking schools is the number of published journals and articles. It is possible that LAUTECH publishes more journal than other schools to ranked high. Most Students blindly follow such ranking to apply for admission.

AND ALSO LAUTECH HAS THE HIGHEST NUMBER OF PROFESSORS IN STATE UNIVERSITY. FROM V.C DOWNWARDS.

Inasmuch as ASUU members are insensitive and selfish, I blame the indigenes of those states that continually fall for the deceptive nature of their politicians.
Re: No One Should Go To Lautech! by durasome(m): 12:27pm On Nov 10, 2018
. Your proposal would only fall on deaf ears because as it stands now, some fox are just out to be called "university students" after several years of retaking JAMB. Very true.

1 Like

Re: No One Should Go To Lautech! by Strangebuttrue(m): 12:48pm On Nov 10, 2018
Lautech is like beer parlour

1 Like

Re: No One Should Go To Lautech! by paparazzi1987(m): 12:12am On Nov 11, 2018
kemicalreaction:
Are you in fsc

I am CSE alumni
Re: No One Should Go To Lautech! by Nobody: 6:39am On Nov 11, 2018
paparazzi1987:

I am CSE alumni
OK boss ☺☺
Re: No One Should Go To Lautech! by Mai01: 12:53pm On Nov 11, 2018
writerights:
Statistically, the available Nigerian universities can't carter for the teeming 1.5 million candidates seeking admission yearly. Your proposal would only fall on deaf ears because as it stands now, some fox are just out to be called "university students" after several years of retaking JAMB.

Its recent participation in yet another show of force by those set of unproductive old men parading as ASUU gives ASUU-LAUTECH away completely as insensitive, unrepentant and unprogressive lot.

Thank you for the bolded. ASUU-lautech parades the worst set of unrepentant and shallow-minded unionists that has graced this country in recent times.
Re: No One Should Go To Lautech! by Nobody: 1:47pm On Nov 11, 2018
asuustrike1:

I can't argue. That's a link to a stat that 74% of candidates don't get university admission.

https://allafrica.com/stories/201708280037.html

asuustrike1:

Are you serious? A school that was shut down for 2 years?

asuustrike1:

You're simply biased and rational with the truth.

1 Like

Re: No One Should Go To Lautech! by Nobody: 1:56pm On Nov 11, 2018
[quote author=writerights post=72871620]

I can't argue.

https://allafrica.com/stories/201708280037.html
There are enough vacancy in Nigeria universities. The pressure is more on public schools than private ones. Next time be explicit or specific because all this links blow it out of proportion.
http://thenationonlineng.net/44-7-admission-spaces-taken-jamb/
Are you serious? A school that was shut down for 2 years?
A university may be shutdown for undergraduate programs as postgraduate programs may not be affected.

You're a very based person and aren't sincere with yourself.
It is truth. The indigenes of those schools are not ready. When they are ready things will change
Re: No One Should Go To Lautech! by Nobody: 2:23pm On Nov 11, 2018
asuustrike1:

There are enough vacancy in Nigeria universities. The pressure is more on public schools than private ones. Next time be explicit or specific because all this links blow it out of proportion.

http://thenationonlineng.net/44-7-admission-spaces-taken-jamb/
Bros, for the fact that 44% is not taken does not mean if it were taken, it would still be enough. 1.7 million candidates wrote 2017 jamb.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/230790-1-736-571-candidates-set-2017-utme-jamb-registrar.html
The available admission slot for all tertiary institutions in Nigeria is a little above 600,000. What exactly is your point?
https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2018/05/jamb-admission-shortfall-nigeria-needs-1m-varsity-spaces/amp/

USA, a country with a population of 318 million has 5,000 universities. Nigeria with 200 million has less than 200. We do not have enough school sir. Say another thing.
asuustrike1:

A university may be shutdown for undergraduate programs as postgraduate programs may not be affected.
You're unbelievable.

Finally, whether there are some that are not taken or not, the fact still remains that there are lot more people in need of university admission and they can't afford to take chances.
Re: No One Should Go To Lautech! by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 11, 2018
writerights:

Bros, for the fact that 44% is not taken does not mean if it were taken, it would still be enough. 1.7 million candidates wrote 2017 jamb.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/230790-1-736-571-candidates-set-2017-utme-jamb-registrar.html
The available admission slot for all tertiary institution in Nigeria is a little above 600,000. What exactly is your point?
https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2018/05/jamb-admission-shortfall-nigeria-needs-1m-varsity-spaces/amp/

USA, a country with a population of 318 million has 5,000 university. Nigeria with 200 million has less than 200. We do not have enough school sir. Say another thing.

You're unbelievable.

Finally, whether there are some that are not taken or not, the fact still remains that there are lot more people in need of university admission and they can't afford to take chances.
The question you should be asking yourself why so much pressure on public universities. You are giving statistics or links as the case may be and I told you that there are spaces. Many private universities have enough faces to accommodate these students, why are they not applying there. Why do you think Jamb registrar peg the cut off point at 120 and introduced CAPS?.
In relation your assertion about Lautech closure, it doesn't necessarily affect rating as there are other criteria they use to rate universities. Probably that school are into research as it contributes to rating. I earlier said that a university may be closed but it might not affect their post graduate students. University of Benin and other schools were shutdown but their postgraduate kept running.
Re: No One Should Go To Lautech! by Nobody: 3:29pm On Nov 11, 2018
asuustrike1:

The question you should be asking yourself why so much pressure on public universities. You are giving statistics or links as the case may be and I told you that there are spaces. Many private universities have enough faces to accommodate these students, why are they not applying there. Why do you think Jamb registrar peg the cut off point at 120 and introduced CAPS?.
In relation your assertion about Lautech closure, it doesn't necessarily affect rating as there are other criteria they use to rate universities. Probably that school are into research as it contributes to rating. I earlier said that a university may be closed but it might not affect their post graduate students. University of Benin and other schools were shutdown but their postgraduate kept running.

I just proved to you that the slots, even if filled up, can't be enough to carter for everyone. I don't understand how to spell it out for you any further.

Why would you ask me why candidates aren't applying to private schools? Are you an alien?

Criteria that allow a dead school above active schools is just a dead criteria.

I'm tired of educating to you on this issue, you have your mind made up already.

1 Like

Re: No One Should Go To Lautech! by Nobody: 3:50pm On Nov 11, 2018
writerights:

I just proved to you that the slots, even if filled up, can't be enough to carter for everyone. I don't understand how to spell it out for you any further.

Why would you ask me why candidates aren't applying to private schools? Are you an alien?

Criteria that allow a dead school above active schools is just a dead criteria.

I'm tired of educating to you on this issue, you have your mind made up already.
Mr man if you have nothing positive to post then stop quoting me. First you said our universities can't absorbed the entire students which I refuted because you were been generalistic. Now you brought data showing that it can't not absorbed all. Then I ask you why the students are not applying to the so called unlimited slots which you couldn't provide a reasonable answer. Now ask yourself, have you been on ground to see things for yourself or you just rely on information from the internet? Have you asked why the pressure is so much on public schools?. At the moment many of these schools complain of low patronage yet one man comes on air to say we have limited space whereas we haven't utilized the space to the fullest. If we had used the whole space then it such assertion would be taken serious. At moment there are enough space but candidate are refusing to apply because of high fees.
Re: No One Should Go To Lautech! by Nobody: 5:07pm On Nov 11, 2018
asuustrike1:

Mr man if you have nothing positive to post then stop quoting me. First you said our universities can't absorbed the entire students which I refuted because you were been generalistic. Now you brought data showing that it can't not absorbed all. Then I ask you why the students are not applying to the so called unlimited slots which you couldn't provide a reasonable answer. Now ask yourself, have you been on ground to see things for yourself or you just rely on information from the internet? Have you asked why the pressure is so much on public schools?. At the moment many of these schools complain of low patronage yet one man comes on air to say we have limited space whereas we haven't utilized the space to the fullest. If we had used the whole space then it such assertion would be taken serious. At moment there are enough space but candidate are refusing to apply because of high fees.

OK sir.
Re: No One Should Go To Lautech! by Mai01: 8:45pm On Nov 11, 2018
author=asuustrike1 post=72871884
How please? I doubt you understand the extent of the rot in the school. You think a change in government is the singular solution to a school that has almost collapsed and grasping for life? I am sorry but you're certainly not in the know regarding the school. Lautech issue extend beyond just the cluelessness of the current government. ASUU and the Management have been largely culpable in recent times too.
Re: No One Should Go To Lautech! by Nobody: 10:23pm On Nov 11, 2018
Mai01:

How please? I doubt you understand the extent of the rot in the school. You think a change in government is the singular solution to a school that has almost collapsed and grasping for life? I am sorry but you're certainly not in the know regarding the school. Lautech issue extend beyond just the cluelessness of the current government. ASUU and the Management have been largely culpable in recent times too.
Probably you didn't digest all I said. I said I blame the indigenes of the two states for allowing themselves to be used by their politicians. Same politician they blash is same politician that they will vote back into power. If the state can't manage the school then they should close it down instead of frustrating students

(1) (Reply)

Polytechnic Of Ibadan 2011/2012 Part-time Form Is Out / Best 100 University In Nigeria, In 2015 By NUC. / Photo Update From Today's Tasued Students Rag Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.