Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,935 members, 7,946,052 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 11:47 AM

What has gone wrong with today's Miracle? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What has gone wrong with today's Miracle? (2575 Views)

See The Latest Marriage Requirement In RCCG That Has Gone Viral(pic / See The Church Where A Reverend Father Was Spotted Preaching That Has Gone Viral / Virgin Mary Miracle Of The Sun In Lagos On 28th Oct. 2017 (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What has gone wrong with today's Miracle? by Perfectbeing(m): 10:23am On Nov 14, 2018
Originakalokalo:

What of someone who profess Christ denies Jesus later ?

as an apostate?

Christians who just believed and was swept away by things of this world..

and denied Christ?

Does once saved always saved theory apply here?

if a case like this happens, what makes him fall away?..

God?

or he did not work out his salvation with fear and trembling?

Those the ones that profess Christ but never quite believed in his redemptive work of salvation. Those are the ones that called him lord but never made him the true lord of their lives. The ones that prophesied and casted out devils using his name and authority but never believed he died for their sins. Those that did many wonderful and good works on earth but never believed He took away their sins. To them, Jesus will profess that he never knew them. He isn't lying when he says this. He actually never knew them cos from the beginning, they actually never believed in him. They never believed in his power to save. In this case they were never saved from the beginning..
Re: What has gone wrong with today's Miracle? by Brock1: 11:04am On Nov 14, 2018
jesutakewe:
I know someone who couldn't walk but was healed at Synagogue church. Since then till now he's back in Warri and is walking perfectly. I now Emmanueltv daily and I see God performing great and mighty miracles in our time. Jesus lives, he never said goodbye.

U know some one, angry Is it only one person dat is crippled, lame or sick in ur area ?
Re: What has gone wrong with today's Miracle? by jesutakewe(f): 11:59am On Nov 14, 2018
I said I know someone, I also said I see many on emmanueltv. If you wanted more I'd have prepared a long list. Need I mention that the person I'm talking about is a close relative? You wanted an example and I gave you one.
Brock1:

U know some one, angry Is it only one person dat is crippled, lame or sick in ur area ?
Re: What has gone wrong with today's Miracle? by Originakalokalo(m): 12:29pm On Nov 14, 2018
Perfectbeing:

Those the ones that profess Christ but never quite believed in his redemptive work of salvation. Those are the ones that called him lord but never made him the true lord of their lives. The ones that prophesied and casted out devils using his name and authority but never believed he died for their sins. Those that did many wonderful and good works on earth but never believed He took away their sins. To them, Jesus will profess that he never knew them. He isn't lying when he says this. He actually never knew them cos from the beginning, they actually never believed in him. They never believed in his power to save. In this case they were never saved from the beginning..

OK. You have told me what I want to hear.

.Peace.
Re: What has gone wrong with today's Miracle? by Brock1: 3:11pm On Nov 14, 2018
jesutakewe:
I said I know someone, I also said I see many on emmanueltv. If you wanted more I'd have prepared a long list. Need I mention that the person I'm talking about is a close relative? You wanted an example and I gave you one.

Dats gud,

Hw abt ur church ?
Re: What has gone wrong with today's Miracle? by adelee777: 6:41pm On Nov 14, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Thanks very much for your request.

You see, I know I'm quite popular on Nairaland for my constant defense of Christianity and for exposing the lies of Islam. But during those period, I was never saved, mainly because I didn't understand what salvation is. I thought not committing sin is what makes you eligible for heaven , and that if we sin we go to hell.

One day, I came across a YouTube video which saved me. It is by Pastor Steve Anderson and it's titled Once Saved Always Saved. All through my life, I have always heard that the doctrine is false. But I took my time to listen to the pastor. That was the day I got saved.

Below is a link to the transcript of the video. You will even find the YouTube video at the beginning. You can download it, but if you feel you don't have enough data, then read the transcript.

I beg you in the name of Jesus to please spend time to read or watch the video. Ignore all those Toke Makinwa and Tonto Dikeh threads which add nothing to a man. Kindly read the link below and I believe it will set you free and save your soul.

http://faithfulwordbaptist.org/once_saved_always_saved.html

Thanks bro. But Jesus said ''those that stand till the end shall be saved''. What dies that mean?
Re: What has gone wrong with today's Miracle? by adelee777: 6:44pm On Nov 14, 2018
Perfectbeing:

Preach against their message not against them.. Last last they're still church leaders and we're admonished to respect their authority..
Church leaders don't have authority over you. The only authority is Christ. Or can you give me a scripture to back that up? I will appreciate it.
Re: What has gone wrong with today's Miracle? by paxonel(m): 6:59pm On Nov 14, 2018
The church dont need miracles this modern day
What they need is education and love.

Love is far greater than any miracle .

Any pastor seeking to perform miracle and deliverance in a country where there is no love, that pastor na moi moi pastor

1 Like

Re: What has gone wrong with today's Miracle? by Perfectbeing(m): 8:40pm On Nov 14, 2018
adelee777:

Church leaders don't have authority over you. The only authority is Christ. Or can you give me a scripture to back that up? I will appreciate it.

I never said they had authority over my life or anyone's life. I only gave an advice that they should be respected since they leaders in their respective churches .. Remember I said their false message should be preached against but they have to be respected..
Re: What has gone wrong with today's Miracle? by Perfectbeing(m): 8:53pm On Nov 14, 2018
paxonel:
The church dont need miracles this modern day
What they need is education and love.

Love is far greater than any miracle .

Any pastor seeking to perform miracle and deliverance in a country where there is no love, that pastor na moi moi pastor

I think you're making some sense. Those blind, leprous, paralysed and dead folks didn't need any miracles from Jesus too.. Jesus should have just showed blind Bartimeus some love. He'd have just educated him and left him blind even though he had the power to make him see..

Having compassion on blind bartimeus isn't an act of love but hate. Jesus hated every one he healed and raised from the dead.

Same with Peter, Paul and the other apostles. They had no love in them that's why they healed the people they healed..

Thanks for letting me know this. I've learnt something today..
Re: What has gone wrong with today's Miracle? by paxonel(m): 9:13pm On Nov 14, 2018
Perfectbeing:

I think you're making some sense. Those blind, leprous, paralysed and dead folks didn't need any miracles from Jesus too.. Jesus should have just showed blind Bartimeus some love. He'd have just educated him and left him blind even though he had the power to make him see..

Having compassion on blind bartimeus isn't an act of love but hate. Jesus hated every one he healed and raised from the dead.

Same with Peter, Paul and the other apostles. They had no love in them that's why they healed the people they healed..

you have learnt in the wrong way how will you possibly know what i meant in the post?
Smart people ask questions first before talking indirectly .
Re: What has gone wrong with today's Miracle? by alBHAGDADI: 2:13am On Nov 15, 2018
adelee777:

Thanks bro. But Jesus said ''those that stand till the end shall be saved''. What dies that mean?

Read the context to understand what Jesus meant when he said in Mathew 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

He was clearly speaking about the end time tribulation. Of you endure it to the end, you shall be saved or delivered. He wasn't talking about you holding onto self-righteousness till the end. If that's what he meant, then he's clearly saying you are the one saving yourself. No, he was talking about the tribulations that Christians will face in the hands of the Antichrist. Read the entire chapter 24 to get the context clearly.

Don't allow anyone to use one single Verse to deceive you.
Re: What has gone wrong with today's Miracle? by Perfectbeing(m): 7:05am On Nov 15, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Read the context to understand what Jesus meant when he said in Mathew 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

He was clearly speaking about the end time tribulation. Of you endure it to the end, you shall be saved or delivered. He wasn't talking about you holding onto self-righteousness till the end. If that's what he meant, then he's clearly saying you are the one saving yourself. No, he was talking about the tribulations that Christians will face in the hands of the Antichrist. Read the entire chapter 24 to get the context clearly.

Don't allow anyone to use one single Verse to deceive you.

Permit me to add this.
Whenever you read any verse try to read some verses before and after it so you can get a clearer picture on what the Bible is trying to say and it's context.

Also know that the Bible was written FOR us but not every part was written TO us. Somd part were written to the Jews, some to the gentiles, some to the saved, some to the unsaved, some to the believer that falls into sin.
So make sure you know the intended audience of that passage for proper understanding of what the bible says there..

Note: The Bible seems to contradict itself only in the mind of a lazy Christian..
Re: What has gone wrong with today's Miracle? by Brock1: 8:23am On Nov 15, 2018
grin grin grin
Perfectbeing:

Re: What has gone wrong with today's Miracle? by jesutakewe(f): 12:28pm On Nov 15, 2018
You were asking for an example, you got a living witness. Now you're trying to diverse or dismiss the example you were given.
The question has been answered, hasn't it?
Brock1:

Dats gud,

Hw abt ur church ?
Re: What has gone wrong with today's Miracle? by adelee777: 12:46pm On Nov 15, 2018
Perfectbeing:

I never said they had authority over my life or anyone's life. I only gave an advice that they should be respected since they leaders in their respective churches .. Remember I said their false message should be preached against but they have to be respected..

Every one needs to be respected, so the point is mute. You don't admonish people to respect people preaching wrong doctrines. Except you want Christians to start respecting the devil. Christ called out the Pharisees at every point for their wrong doctrines, even calling them "fools".
Re: What has gone wrong with today's Miracle? by Brock1: 12:46pm On Nov 15, 2018
tongue
jesutakewe:
You were asking for an example, you got a living witness. Now you're trying to diverse or dismiss the example you were given.
The question has been answered, hasn't it?

tongue ,so it's only few like SCOAN u know. Let me bring to ur notice that most of dem perform selective miracle. My late inlaw with breast cancer went to Emmanuel church, but still died of same breast cancer few months after she went there. Watch example of selective miracle below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVG1x-rh6FE
Re: What has gone wrong with today's Miracle? by adelee777: 12:51pm On Nov 15, 2018
Perfectbeing:

Permit me to add this.
Whenever you read any verse try to read some verses before and after it so you can get a clearer picture on what the Bible is trying to say and it's context.

Also know that the Bible was written FOR us but not every part was written TO us. Somd part were written to the Jews, some to the gentiles, some to the saved, some to the unsaved, some to the believer that falls into sin.
So make sure you know the intended audience of that passage for proper understanding of what the bible says there..

Note: The Bible seems to contradict itself only in the mind of a lazy Christian..
What you wrote above just hit the bull's eye! Especially the last sentence. God bless you.
Re: What has gone wrong with today's Miracle? by Perfectbeing(m): 7:09pm On Nov 15, 2018
adelee777:

Every one needs to be respected, so the point is mute. You don't admonish people to respect people preaching wrong doctrines. Except you want Christians to start respecting the devil. Christ called out the Pharisees at every point for their wrong doctrines, even calling them "fools".

I think I get you. So what's your advice on correcting those pastors and GOs that have clearly missed it?
Re: What has gone wrong with today's Miracle? by adelee777: 8:39pm On Nov 15, 2018
Perfectbeing:

I think I get you. So what's your advice on correcting those pastors and GOs that have clearly missed it?
You may state the right doctrines backed with bible passages. Though if precedence is to be followed, I doubt they will be humble enough to accept they are wrong. You may also pray for them, if you are convinced in your spirit that they were originally for Christ. Shalom.
Re: What has gone wrong with today's Miracle? by jesutakewe(f): 11:12am On Nov 16, 2018
I don't get it. Was your inlaw or anybody supposed to live forever?

There were many widows in Shunem but Prophet Elijah only visited one. Jesus Christ never healed all the people He met especially those in his village and the bible gives us a reason for that.
Brock1:
tongue

tongue ,so it's only few like SCOAN u know. Let me bring to ur notice that most of dem perform selective miracle. My late inlaw with breast cancer went to Emmanuel church, but still died of same breast cancer few months after she went there. Watch example of selective miracle below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVG1x-rh6FE
Re: What has gone wrong with today's Miracle? by Talk2nanro(m): 2:39pm On Nov 16, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Thanks very much for your request.

You see, I know I'm quite popular on Nairaland for my constant defense of Christianity and for exposing the lies of Islam. But during those period, I was never saved, mainly because I didn't understand what salvation is. I thought not committing sin is what makes you eligible for heaven , and that if we sin we go to hell.

One day, I came across a YouTube video which saved me. It is by Pastor Steve Anderson and it's titled Once Saved Always Saved. All through my life, I have always heard that the doctrine is false. But I took my time to listen to the pastor. That was the day I got saved.

Below is a link to the transcript of the video. You will even find the YouTube video at the beginning. You can download it, but if you feel you don't have enough data, then read the transcript.

I beg you in the name of Jesus to please spend time to read or watch the video. Ignore all those Toke Makinwa and Tonto Dikeh threads which add nothing to a man. Kindly read the link below and I believe it will set you free and save your soul.

http://faithfulwordbaptist.org/once_saved_always_saved.html

This is as false gospel gospel, Steve Anderson is a false teacher flee from him
Re: What has gone wrong with today's Miracle? by alBHAGDADI: 2:57pm On Nov 16, 2018
Talk2nanro:
This is as false gospel gospel, Steve Anderson is a false teacher flee from him

You are a bloody liar.

I'm even currently listening to him on Youtube as I type.
Re: What has gone wrong with today's Miracle? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Nov 16, 2018
Christians,why are you guys always arguing on your own doctrines,does it mean your holy spirit is given you different explanations, wetin concern me sef,carry on jare
Re: What has gone wrong with today's Miracle? by lightwhite: 4:04am On Nov 17, 2018
Re: What has gone wrong with today's Miracle? by lightwhite: 4:14am On Nov 17, 2018
I don't think any of these churches preach salvation without Christ. They acknowledge the work of Jesus on the cross. They also stress on the importance of obedience to God in your daily living. This is not implying self righteousness.

They acknowledge that when you believe Christ, your soul is saved but not your flesh and your carnal nature will constantly be at war with the spirit of God in you. But you have to "crucify" it by choosing to obey the will of God for every situation. ie, be honest instead of lieing, refuse to fall into lust, don't react in anger, etc... That isn't self righteousness, you're just obeying God because you know you're now surrendered to Jesus and a child of God..
Re: What has gone wrong with today's Miracle? by Brock1: 4:19pm On Nov 17, 2018
jesutakewe:
I don't get it. Was your inlaw or anybody supposed to live forever?

There were many widows in Shunem but Prophet Elijah only visited one. Jesus Christ never healed all the people He met especially those in his village and the bible gives us a reason for that.

My mama jus told me sin is much in dis generation, dats why we have less of miracles
Re: What has gone wrong with today's Miracle? by Perfectbeing(m): 8:25pm On Nov 19, 2018
lightwhite:
I don't think any of these churches preach salvation without Christ. They acknowledge the work of Jesus on the cross. They also stress on the importance of obedience to God in your daily living. This is not implying self righteousness.

They acknowledge that when you believe Christ, your soul is saved but not your flesh and your carnal nature will constantly be at war with the spirit of God in you. But you have to "crucify" it by choosing to obey the will of God for every situation. ie, be honest instead of lieing, refuse to fall into lust, don't react in anger, etc... That isn't self righteousness, you're just obeying God because you know you're now surrendered to Jesus and a child of God..
Re: What has gone wrong with today's Miracle? by Perfectbeing(m): 8:32pm On Nov 19, 2018
lightwhite:

Concerning what you said above. Most work based salvation preachers do not preach their gospel the way you did. They preach that good deed and righteous living is what save someone. They preach that when a believer sin is no longer saved. They preach that when a be liver sin, he's hell bound. They sometimes come up with visions, dreams or near death experiences where they see certain believer in hell for stupid reasons. I remember a story I read were a christian woman made hell cos she refused to tell her neughour she collected few sticks of matches from the box after borrowing it. I've read one where a Christian man didn't make heaven cos he attended church late and died later that day. I've read one where a woman made hell cos she didn't pay tithe. I've even read one where the man died and made hell cos he went to work on Sunday instead of going to church. All these are dreams and visions and gospels authored by the devil.

I as a grace preacher will never condone sin or encourage it in any way.
Re: What has gone wrong with today's Miracle? by Talk2nanro(m): 9:18pm On Nov 20, 2018
[quote author=alBHAGDADI post=73025687]

You are a bloody liar.

I'm even currently listening to him on Youtube as I type.[/qu keep listening, non of my business
Re: What has gone wrong with today's Miracle? by jesutakewe(f): 2:50pm On Nov 23, 2018
Less of miracles but not a total absence of it as some people are trying to make it look here.
Brock1:

My mama jus told me sin is much in dis generation, dats why we have less of miracles

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

COZA PASTOR'S FRIEND! Pastor Dave Ogbole Acused Of Rape / Religious Violence And Free Speech / Did Jesus Have Brothers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.