Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,059 members, 7,906,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 06:41 PM

Abia Gov Set to Quit APGA For PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Gov Set to Quit APGA For PDP (2674 Views)

Peter Obi Set To Dump APGA For PDP / Anambra Poll: MASSOB Roots For APGA For Sake Of Ojukwu / Why I Dumped APGA For APC - Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia Gov Set to Quit APGA For PDP by Abagworo(m): 10:56pm On Jul 22, 2010
http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/july/23/national-07-23-2010-011.htm

Less than a month after ditching his erstwhile party, Progressive Peoples Alliance (PPA) for the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), the Governor of Abia State, Theodore Orji is set to defect yet again to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

In a swift reaction, the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Mr Kingsley Emereuwa, ostensibly confirmed the new move when he said in an answer to a question, “I know there are overtures to him to join the PDP. But he needs to consult widely with the people who lured him into APGA in the first place. It is not a decision he will take all by himself.”

He observed that the governor’s move out of the PPA had enhanced his electoral value because there was at the moment, the perception of him as a bankable electoral asset. Emereuwa maintained that “ the options are still very much open and at the appropriate time, His Excellency will do what is right not just for himself and his political associates but, more importantly, for the good people of Abia State who have, in their wisdom and benevolence, put their destiny in his hands.”

Competent sources in the party disclosed that the National Chairman of the PDP, Dr. Okwesilieze Nwodo and the party’s Chairman for the South East Zone, Olisa Metu, in collaboration with some of the elders of the party in Abia State were spearheading the move to bring Orji back into the fold. This was even as the governor was said to be desperately scheming to swallow the bait.

It was also learnt that the governor was ready and willing to take advantage of his powerful contacts in the Presidential Villa to perfect this move to keep his political career afloat. Our source insisted that the plot especially in the Presidency was to collapse all oppositions in the South East zone ahead of the 2011 general elections in the light of “expected opposition from some other voting blocks, like the North.”

Ironically, the source revealed that it was the same so-called elders who blocked the planned return of the former Governor of Abia State, Chief Orji Uzor Kalu back to the party last weekend that were urging Gov Orji on.
According to our source, “it means, therefore, that they must explain the double standard, and whether the party should be taken serious at all to encourage internal democracy and free and fair election in 2011”.

Meanwhile, political analysts in the State claim that the development was not going down well with the younger elements in the party, who view the move as an indication that the party might not guarantee a level playing field in the primary elections. Already the party supporters have started mobilizing to block the move. An anonymous short message service (SMS) was circulating among party faithful in the state detailing the plans.

It was alleged in the messages that the so-called elders have agreed to ask a former contender for the governorship seat, to nominate a running mate to Gov. Orji for the 2011 elections, irrespective of whether he is popular in the state or not. It was also alleged that the supporters were working in concert with the presidency, which was said to have come under intense pressure from the Governor.

Our source also said the supporters promised a battle royale. According to them, “the Soludo treatment in Anambra may be better than what will play out in the state during the election. It is clear that the governor believes that he can easily be rigged into office with federal might. That is our lot in the state with the so-called elders”, our source said. It continued, “each time the party seems to be getting its act together, the interest of a few rears out to scuttle the effort. We are going to resist it now. In that case Orji Uzor Kalu must be allowed to rejoin the party. What is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.”

Apparently, against this backdrop, Metu was said to have started moving from one stakeholder’s house to the order, cajoling, convincing and in some cases deploying coercive treats to back up their plot. “What is certain is that barring any last minute change of plan, T. A Orji may within few days publicly declare for the party. What a political prostitution, it smacks of a heavy moral burden not only on the governor, but also on the PDP! It is a signal that Nwodo is only grandstanding. Abia State is a peculiar case.

“There is anger all over, there are political crises and that is obvious. We expected PDP to behave like a party and do simple assessment on what is on ground. The so-called elders have always been the problem of the party in the state, even when they are not on ground. Today, they are collaborating with a few selfish individuals to set the state on political tumoil. They will fail,” the sources declared.

Nonetheless, It is not known what the next move of the APGA and its Chairman, Board of Trustees, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu would do in the circumstance. Observers believe that it will not only amount to a slap on Ojukwu’s face, but marks the final death of the party.
Re: Abia Gov Set to Quit APGA For PDP by Kobojunkie: 10:57pm On Jul 22, 2010
BULL!!! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Abia Gov Set to Quit APGA For PDP by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jul 22, 2010
absolute madness. . . shocked shocked shocked wtf
Re: Abia Gov Set to Quit APGA For PDP by mahal(m): 11:06pm On Jul 22, 2010
Frankly, I'm not surprised. the man lacks focus
Re: Abia Gov Set to Quit APGA For PDP by Abagworo(m): 11:13pm On Jul 22, 2010
This goes to show us how this country is run.I pity us.0oh maybe it is the Okija juju chasing him around.
Re: Abia Gov Set to Quit APGA For PDP by EzeUche(m): 11:18pm On Jul 22, 2010
Make a mockery of my state.  angry

This man needs to be dealt with.

All progressive Abians, maybe we have to be like the Yoruba when it comes to politics. These thieving Igbo politicians are way too comfortable with their lives.
Re: Abia Gov Set to Quit APGA For PDP by asha80(m): 11:23pm On Jul 22, 2010
I have said it before the two orji's and the matriach there deserves two bullets at the back of their heads.
Re: Abia Gov Set to Quit APGA For PDP by EzeUche(m): 11:24pm On Jul 22, 2010
asha 80:

I have said it before the two orji's and the matriach there deserves two bullets at the back of their heads.

Agreed! I normally don't support violence, but in this case, these kidnappers in Abia need a new profession. Killing these thieving politicians.
Re: Abia Gov Set to Quit APGA For PDP by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jul 22, 2010
I am not a fan of Theodore Orji but I also know that The Sun can get up to all kinds of mischief not least when the owner of the Newspaper is the Tomentor-in-Chief to the Governor.

It could be true that Governor Orji is contemplating switching, it can also be true that the sun is making it up to paint him as indecisive.
Re: Abia Gov Set to Quit APGA For PDP by Nobody: 12:06am On Jul 23, 2010
maybe we have to be like the Yoruba when it comes to politics
and how are the yoruba like that the ibo may like to copy from ? undecided undecided
Re: Abia Gov Set to Quit APGA For PDP by Abagworo(m): 12:27am On Jul 23, 2010
mikeansy:

I am not a fan of Theodore Orji but I also know that The Sun can get up to all kinds of mischief not least when the owner of the Newspaper is the Tomentor-in-Chief to the Governor.

It could be true that Governor Orji is contemplating switching, it can also be true that the sun is making it up to paint him as indecisive.

this same newspaper reported his first move
Re: Abia Gov Set to Quit APGA For PDP by Nobody: 12:29am On Jul 23, 2010
Abagworo:

this same newspaper reported his first move

That does not mean they are always right
Re: Abia Gov Set to Quit APGA For PDP by udezue(m): 12:42am On Jul 23, 2010
APGA should in turn dump him. I wish Rochas Okocha will be interested in representing APGA in Abia state.
Re: Abia Gov Set to Quit APGA For PDP by AkinEgba: 2:10am On Jul 23, 2010
~Bluetooth:

and how are the yoruba like that the ibo may like to copy from ? undecided undecided
May be in term of killing efery politicians in there mist
Re: Abia Gov Set to Quit APGA For PDP by Abagworo(m): 2:16am On Jul 23, 2010
udezue:

APGA should in turn dump him. I wish Rochas Okocha will be interested in representing APGA in Abia state.

rochas is from imo and seems very pdp.
Re: Abia Gov Set to Quit APGA For PDP by nwanmo: 3:03am On Jul 23, 2010
Thief man.
Re: Abia Gov Set to Quit APGA For PDP by sjeezy8: 5:17am On Jul 23, 2010
it might have been for show and they all could have planned to return to pdp.
Re: Abia Gov Set to Quit APGA For PDP by chibest5(m): 11:58am On Jul 23, 2010
Shame on him if it is true, may God save Abia State and indeed the whole Igbo land, and our beloved party APGA. one thing is for sure; he will not suceeeeeeeeeeeeeeed. shocked
Re: Abia Gov Set to Quit APGA For PDP by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jul 23, 2010
ochendo if this is true then u b mumu. d kalus secured this position u r in now wen u r in prison. u didnt win in d whole umuahia as a whole. bende n partly aba made u wat u r now. lemme see wat u r goin 2 tell abia diz tym after renderin abuses on d orji kalus. i pity u cuz u will neva smell dat post again in ur selfless life. i know abians r in mass 2 support CHRIS AKOMAS. so u go hug transformer wen d tym comez. Up PdP. Support d bid AKOMAS 2011.
Re: Abia Gov Set to Quit APGA For PDP by kaiosama(m): 3:58pm On Jul 23, 2010
orji, the people wey do u this no go succed. u go soon enter CPC.
Re: Abia Gov Set to Quit APGA For PDP by Eziachi: 4:16pm On Jul 23, 2010
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Nigerian crooked political musical chairs continues!!
Re: Abia Gov Set to Quit APGA For PDP by GOZILLA(m): 4:49pm On Jul 23, 2010
Ashawo awusha guv'nor.He lacks focus and credibility
Re: Abia Gov Set to Quit APGA For PDP by ReachRich(m): 4:53pm On Jul 23, 2010
i think this could be a ploy to attract Orji into the PDP and deny him of the party ticket when the time comes.Onyema Ugchukwu and other PDP candidates have been campaigning for the governorship seat since 2007 and will likely be nominated again.
Re: Abia Gov Set to Quit APGA For PDP by Bay1970(m): 6:15pm On Jul 23, 2010
Rochas Okocha is from Abia state, not Imo state.
Re: Abia Gov Set to Quit APGA For PDP by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 23, 2010
4 u 2 say tat its pple decievin him its a big liar. tell me was he blind folded wen he join apga? note tat rochas s 4rm imo state. now, even if confusionist t.a orji join pdp. he will not win. y bcuz orji kalu has bin given charge of all pdp contestant south east b it gov, lg, house of assembly n so on. n confusionist t.a orji bein a stupid man had insulted kalu in media n changin orji uzor stadium n so on. so tell me hw will he give him tat position 2 rule again. now, orji kalu is still silent till now. watch out d game he's goin 2 play soon.
Re: Abia Gov Set to Quit APGA For PDP by sley4life(m): 7:07pm On Jul 23, 2010
rouges
Re: Abia Gov Set to Quit APGA For PDP by ePAYSYSTEM(m): 7:19pm On Jul 23, 2010
I am not interested! But if I should be, it must be because I compare Nigerian politics to American. This game here looks like where Obama decamps while on seat. The whole America will go mad and make sure he ends up a fugitive.

The ambition of our politicians is always to cease power to be able to steal and loot. If party loyalty means anything to us, a governor cannot wake up and start jumping parties at will. The next people to laugh at are the followers. Abia State Elders will jump with him like the wave.

Maaaaadddd People!
Thank God I dont vote
Re: Abia Gov Set to Quit APGA For PDP by ReachRich(m): 9:02pm On Jul 23, 2010
Bay1970:

Rochas Okocha is from Abia state, not Imo state.
Get it Rochas Okorocha is from Imo state.
Re: Abia Gov Set to Quit APGA For PDP by hackney(m): 7:51am On Jul 24, 2010
Orji can quit planet earth for all i care.
Re: Abia Gov Set to Quit APGA For PDP by 2makesense: 11:01am On Jul 24, 2010
Can some please give this man a sense of direction? its obvious he lacks one!
Re: Abia Gov Set to Quit APGA For PDP by johndavid1(m): 4:19pm On Jul 24, 2010
2makesense:

Can some please give this man a sense of direction? its obvious he lacks one!
since you get too much sense give him small sense abeg
Re: Abia Gov Set to Quit APGA For PDP by ucysiz(m): 7:45pm On Jul 24, 2010
senseless man with senseless ambition.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan Goes Igbotic Again / Can We Trust This APC? / US, Boko Haram, If Nigerians Let This Happen, They'll Forever Keep Regretting!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.