Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,739 members, 7,945,314 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 02:22 PM

Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos (8753 Views)

Nembe Youths Shut Down OML29 Oil Well Located In Nembe - Bayelsa / 7 Feared Dead As Aguleri, Kogi Communities Fight Over Oil Well / Oil Lesson101: 1st Oil Well In Nigeria! Ebonyi State! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by ikenwan: 1:47pm On Jul 23, 2010
ziddy:

Most of these policemen are morons who can barely read. They just throw meaningless grammar around, Frank Mba himself a specific example - PR man who can't string a proper sentence in English.

Very true, and it really has become pathetic. There is no standard of quality save how much more corrupt than the previous guy you can be.
Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by babyjowo: 2:17pm On Jul 23, 2010
Okay, so this Okonkwo man is into this illegal business of diverting fuel into his well because he is an igbo man? So if I am not igbo, I am therefore incapable of theft and dishonesty? So only citizens who are igbo would commit criminal acts in the hopes of making a fortune?

Please educate me and open my eyes for I am ignorant of these 'facts'.
Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by EzeUche(m): 2:37pm On Jul 23, 2010
babyjowo:

Okay, so this Okonkwo man is into this illegal business of diverting fuel into his well because he is an igbo man? So if I am not igbo, I am therefore incapable of theft and dishonesty? So only citizens who are igbo would commit criminal acts in the hopes of making a fortune?

Please educate me and open my eyes for I am ignorant of these 'facts'.

tongue tongue tongue

Every evil vice committed in Nigeria is done by an Igbo man according to some. Even though our crimes pale in comparrison to those of the past leaders who were not Igbo, but stole billions of billions of dollars, not naira.
Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by fugocisse: 2:59pm On Jul 23, 2010
so obasanjo/ibb/bode george, and many more who stole billions of dollars are igbo's, ALL YOU HATERS OF IGBO NATION WILL NEVER KNOW PEACE, I PRAY FOR THE WELL BEEN AND DEVELOPMENTS OF EVERY OTHER TRIBE IN NIGERIA INCLUDED MY BELOVED IGBO NATION. CRIME IS IN EVERY TRIBES IN NIGERIA LETS JOIN HANDS TO FIGHT IT. REMEMBER WHAT AFFECTS THE LEAST OF US AFFECTS US ALL, IN NIGERIA WE STAND!
Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jul 23, 2010
why all the tribal tantrums? it just goes to show how much hatred that is cloathed in the "one nigeria" cloak. disheartening. and to think that the rest of nigeria wont let the igbos go despite all accusations against them? crime is not the exclusivity of igbos, every tribe has their own fair share. credit cards, phishing, e.t.c. meanwhile go and ask some residents(traditional rulers inclusive) and so on in idimu, egbeda, ikotun wia dia money dey comot from. bunkering has been going on in these parts for years. besides who knows if the new DPO got greedy and placed a price the man cudnt pay? forget naija police!!!
Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by slyDdean(m): 3:12pm On Jul 23, 2010
Kennyblues:

Okonkwo, Chibuzor, Emeka, Chinedu, Nkeiru, Nkechi, Chinelo, Ohakim, Orji, Uzor, Kalu, I can go on and on you will not split this country call Nigeria with nefarious act.

Kilode eyin nikan lomo ni.
Haba, ko i ti to yen now. Let's leave sentiments and be straight
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by gamesb: 3:23pm On Jul 23, 2010
great house (nairalanders) y abusing mr okonkwo & his allies ? what is those illegal miners in the north doing is that one  their right, abi? , like zamfara state (lead), kaduna  (gold)  JOS (tin) etc, have they been penalized? . every body in nigeria is shouting oil oil oil without looking at other sector to sustain the economy , govt. & the masses should look at the soild mineral sub sector too because oil may finish one day & its that time they will start to run around.
MIND U i do not support crime neither im from ibo , im an original niger deltan  . so i know what im saying since our property is now national asset what of those mineral resources in other geo- political zones what are they?
pls my good pple of nairaland answer & also tell the government.
Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by kaiosama(m): 3:31pm On Jul 23, 2010
it was discovered in my father's abandoned compound. i have to claimed it back. shocked shocked
Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by SUNNY45: 3:33pm On Jul 23, 2010
PASTOR ERASTUS AKINGBOLA, CHIEF M.K.O ABIOLA, OLUSEGUN OBASANJO (GCFR) and many others countless to mention, All these are Igbos that looted this dear country, lol
Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by Fhemmmy: 3:37pm On Jul 23, 2010
People no even fear for their own life again oh
Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by lajjy(m): 4:05pm On Jul 23, 2010
VERY SOON , THEY WILL DISCOVER ILLEGAL MINT FACTORY AND ILLEGAL INEC OFFICE.

ON A MORE SERIOUS NOTE, THIS IS A MULTIPLIER EFFECT OF A SICK NATION.
[quote][/quote]

I think we should be very care with the way issues are being handled on Nairaland, am not an Igboman, are the igbos the only tribe committing crimes in this country, I feel it is very derogatory to call a particular ethnic group a cursed tribe.
Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by bawomolo(m): 4:41pm On Jul 23, 2010
I am surprised that the water in my well has turned to fuel. It is a wonder that I can’t explain but I swear to God I didn’t know how it happened,” Okonkwo said

count your blessings one by one  grin

god turned water into wine so why cant he turn water into oil.
you guys should stop with the tribalism. criminals can be found in all ethnic group. no group has a monopoly on kidnapping, poll rigging etc.
Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 23, 2010
I am surprised that the water in my well has turned to fuel. It is a wonder that I can’t explain but I swear to God I didn’t know how it happened,” Okonkwo said
                                        God don turn my water to fuel,
                                        police want turn em back to water,
                                        na who born (3x)
                                        the maga
                                         grin grin grin grin
Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by successD: 4:53pm On Jul 23, 2010
Nairalanders, you must stop chasing shadow and look beyond your noses. This Igboman you are saying crucify him crucify him, did he commit a bigger crime on Nigerians than the 'assemblyman' who goes home with 16.7 million naira every month. Think about it.
Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by kech(f): 5:11pm On Jul 23, 2010
LOL! I can't shout. Still proudly Igbo sha  grin grin.
But seriously guys, do you honestly think this Okonkwo guy acted alone? Do you think he would have successfully carried out his "siphoning" without the help of some locals, the police and even some government officials? Stop displaying false naiveté abeg! We all know how these things work.

Still can't get my head around "I am surprised that the water in my well has turned to fuel. It is a wonder that I can’t explain but I swear to God I didn’t know how it happened”   grin grin Unbelievable! The man deserves an applause.
Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by confetti(f): 5:43pm On Jul 23, 2010
This is old news. Abi na today we dey hear things like this?

Who is talking about the one going on behind my office in PH. Everyday Police patrol my office street without doing anything about it. Most times on my way to work, I watch the police stop the drivers and just a call from God knows who they are left off the hook there and then. makes me sick.

I don't support evil but then, its the trend our leaders have left and it only takes determination on the part of a person who sees all these, has all the resources to get his/her share of the national cake not to get involved in things like this. Not all hearts are mindful of integrity and Honesty especially in a hunger stricken country like nigeria.

gamesb:

great house (nairalanders) y abusing mr okonkwo & his allies ? what is those illegal miners in the north doing is that one  their right, abi? , like zamfara state (lead), kaduna  (gold)  JOS (tin) etc, have they been penalized? . every body in nigeria is shouting oil oil oil without looking at other sector to sustain the economy , govt. & the masses should look at the soild mineral sub sector too because oil may finish one day & its that time they will start to run around.
MIND U i do not support crime neither im from ibo , im an original niger deltan  . so i know what im saying since our property is now national asset what of those mineral resources in other geo- political zones what are they?
pls my good pple of nairaland answer & also tell the government.
They are waiting for your oil to finish so they can divide the country and then live in their country with their resources while you are at a dead end in your area.
Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by sizzlers(m): 5:50pm On Jul 23, 2010
confetti:

This is old news. Abi na today we dey hear things like this?

Who is talking about the one going on behind my office in PH.
Tell me more about that pls.
Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by saintneo(m): 6:23pm On Jul 23, 2010
abeg make una free Igbos! grin grin grin grin grin grin crime is not peculiar to Igbos. (I am not in support of crime either)

the economic situation in nigeria is very terrible. this is not only in lagos, if you visit the inlands (villages) of ND states you will discover more illegal siphoning of petrol.

if only there is proper administration in this country, people will not venture into this kind of rubbish
Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by EmmyBoy2(m): 7:24pm On Jul 23, 2010
Up 9ja! So "water" fit turn into fuel inside well? grin cheesy
Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by houvest: 7:27pm On Jul 23, 2010
Cry my beloved country. The years of treasury looting are now making the chicks come home to roost. Once was when Nigeria was indeed the giant of Africa but now our leaders have robbed us blind, deaf, lame, dumb and into every manner of deformation. These deformations have turned many of our compatriots to beggars, thieves, drug peddlers, 419-ers, kidnappers, etc both at home and abroad while the kings still live in luxury, owning luxury yachts and homes in London, New York, Paris, Pretoria and even summer holiday homes in Spain. In Forums like NL where matters of how to move the Nation forward should be articulated and pursued, the youths rather resort to mostly tribal bashings and supremacist lore, the same evils many of our elders indulged in and in the process left the treasury to the looters and marauders.
FOR GOD'S SAKE THIS IS THE 21ST CY AND THIS YEAR IS OUR JUBILEE YEAR. Till the Nigerian youths throw off the same curse of TRIBALISM ABOVE NATIONALISM that bedevilled their past elders and grasp the 21st century by the scruff of the neck with an aggressive hunger to reposition the Nation to a leadership position in Africa and the world at large, not just in potential or population, but in the quality of life of the citizens, we shall continue being disrespected in SA, Namibia, Chad, Niger, Ghana, Haiti, etc, etc. Ghana used to be disregarded not so long ago but now they have pulled themselves up by their bootstraps and now is becoming a leader in the continent and beyond showing us that also “yes we can." Needed are Yoruba, Igbo, Hausas, Nupe, Ijaws, Tiv, Efik, etc, etc to come together, FOR GOD'S SAKE, in anger and tell our rogue leaders "no more".
Wole Soyinka called his generation "wasted." If we do nothing now but indulge in all these tribal rubbish, the word to be used to describe our generation and the future ones has not yet been invented. I am mad at us youths for our stupidity. WE MUST START NOW TO ARISE AND HOLD OUR LEADERS ACCOUNTABLE. WE MUST ARTICULATE WHAT AND HOW WE WANT OUR NATION TO BE IN THE NEXT TEN YEARS OR SO AND MAKE SURE THEY FOLLOW THAT PROGRAM. IF NOT WE GIVE THEM HELL. This is the only way we will ensure our present and future and that of our children unborn. Why should old men like Soyinka still be in the forefront of the struggle when they should have retired and left the scene for us if not that we are here in Naira land talking tribal trash? Kai.

How can a Nation with so much wealth not be able to provide her citizens with the littlest things in life: power, employment, sound education, security, good roads, even foreign respect: that other Nations take for granted? I am not yet talking of welfarist responsibilities. OMG! Most of these Nations our people are rushing to are much poorer than us. Yes even in Europe and the Americas. But what have they done? They have managed the resources they have and developed their nations and made their economies buoyant enough to absorb their citizens while our leaders are so blind and myopic, stealing us blind and forgetting that the kidnappers and drug dealers and robbers and others can reach them and their children no matter how wealthy they are as long as their acts keep spinning off such miscreants. Yes we shall keep protesting against being stereotyped by foreigners as criminals because it is not true and actually the percentage of criminals might not be up to 1% but 1% of 150 million is 1.5 million. That is a larger population than many countries. So the effects of their activities will be visible anywhere and erroneously appear representative of the hard working and honest majority. But Protestations are not enough. WE MUST CHANGE THIS NATION for any meaningful life to remain here. As the criminality caused by poverty grows people will be leaving in droves not just in search of greener pastures but also for the safety of their lives and family. You may think I am painting a horrid picture but it is better we do not wait to see what a failed state looks like now we have a semblance of structure. Just ask the Somalis and Afghans? IT IS TIME TO WAKE UP FOLKS FROM THESE TRIBE-INDUCED SLUMBERS.
CRY MY BELOVED COUNTRY.
Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by donobi(m): 7:47pm On Jul 23, 2010
if i get the oppurtunity i don myself to shell.
Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by oladayo042: 7:55pm On Jul 23, 2010
Fhemmmy:

People no even fear for their own life again oh
"to keep their body and soul together?"
Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by bkbabe90(m): 8:00pm On Jul 23, 2010
JESUS TURNED WATER INTO WINE. . . . BIG DEAL, THAT SHIYYYT IS SO 2000 B.C!!! LOOK AT THE "MIRACLES" IBO MEN R PERFORMING TURNING WATER TO PETROLEUM!!!
Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by member479760: 8:52pm On Jul 23, 2010
India don go, we still can't build road without white people. read this:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100723/ap_on_hi_te/as_india_supercheap_computer
Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by Acidosis(m): 9:22pm On Jul 23, 2010
Oil is a problem to this nation!!!
Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by Mcleo007(m): 9:43pm On Jul 23, 2010
Nigerians, cursed people, cursed nation!
Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jul 23, 2010
Mcleo007:

Nigerians, cursed people, cursed nation!
you,your family and all your generation are cursed people.oloriburuku
Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by Mcleo007(m): 10:01pm On Jul 23, 2010
~Bluetooth:

@ Bluetooth, I really dnt blame you. You've only displayed the 'Nigerianness' in you; an ill-fated people. Besides, is your name Nigeria? Or was my opinion particular of you or anybody within Nairaland? In case you don't know, the global perspective about Nigeria is worse than what my statement says. Nigerians are seen as scoundrels and rogues, and the funny thing is, people, I mean Nigerians themselves seem to pride in this!
Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jul 23, 2010
Mcleo007:

@ Bluetooth, I really dnt blame you. You've only displayed the 'Nigerianness' in you; an ill-fated people. Besides, is your name Nigeria? Or was my opinion particular of you or anybody within Nairaland? In case you don't know, the global perspective about Nigeria is worse than what my statement says. Nigerians are seen as scoundrels and rogues, and the funny thing is, people, I mean Nigerians themselves seem to pride in this!
the issue is that your opinion doesn't really count.i'm proud to be a nigerian no matter the situation but you tell me if crimes are not committed in your country.infact,where are you from ?
Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by bkbabe90(m): 10:13pm On Jul 23, 2010
~Bluetooth:

His "whole generation"? Damn! What if his Great-grand-daughter ends up marrying ur Great-grand-son!??!
Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by philip0906(m): 10:15pm On Jul 23, 2010
bk/babe90:

His "whole generation"? Damn! What if his Great-grand-daughter ends up marrying your Great-grand-son!??!
simply chop d "curse" clean mouth. . .
Re: Police Discover Illegal Oil Well In Lagos by estatemark(m): 10:21pm On Jul 23, 2010
;d

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

MASSOB Members Under-fire Over Sit-at-home Protest / Pan African Forum Rejects Obasanjo As AU Observer Head In Zimbabwe / War On Terrorism: India Pledges To Train Nigerian Security - Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.