Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,267 members, 7,881,015 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:55 AM

Stan Lee Is Dead - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Stan Lee Is Dead (26683 Views)

Prof. John Pepper Clark Is Dead / James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies / Binyavanga Wainaina Is Dead! HIV Positive Gay Rights Activist And Author Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stan Lee Is Dead by nymphomaniac(m): 10:37pm On Nov 12, 2018
Elpinto:
RIP to the..
...One Above All
...most powerful superhero
...king of cameos
...one who created and orchestrates a universe
...man who made my childhood (and that of a billion others) awesome..

U'll be sourly missed
'sorely' will miss him too

2 Likes

Re: Stan Lee Is Dead by Magnuschase: 10:40pm On Nov 12, 2018
deco22:
Stan Lee, the cultural icon responsible for many of Marvel’s most popular superheroes in comic books and movies, has died at the age of 95.

Born Stanley Martin Lieber, the New York City native co-created Spider-Man, Hulk, the Avengers, the X-Men, the Fantastic Four, Black Panther, Daredevil, Doctor Strange and a host more heroes while working as a writer and then editor-in-chief of Marvel Comics in the 1960s.

From the 1970s (when he became publisher) until the ’90s, Lee was the face of Marvel and a frequent staple at comic and pop-culture conventions, entertaining fans and “true believers” with his stories and signature catchphrase “Excelsior!” He created his own POW! Entertainment in 2001 to develop film, TV and comic properties, but always stayed connected to his original superhero roots as geek culture rose in Hollywood: As an executive producer, Lee had humorous cameos in nearly every Marvel movie going back to Bryan Singer’s "X-Men" in 2000.

While Lee’s infectious enthusiasm for his heroes – and his devotees – lasted late into a legendary life, recent years were marked by ill health and legal wrangling involving those closest to him. Following the death of his wife of 69 years, Joan, in 2017, Lee was hospitalized in February 2018 for an irregular heartbeat and shortness of breath, and also struggled with pneumonia.

Rest on, The Great Watcher.
Re: Stan Lee Is Dead by Nobody: 10:43pm On Nov 12, 2018
AHCB:
R.I.P Mr Stan Lee. We never met, but still, you have my respect! sad cry

Hehe.. This reminded me of Thanos' speech before he almost obliterated Iron Man.. "Tony Stark, you have my respect. When i am done half of the universe will still be alive" Stan Lee was a great man who have such an amazing mind. May he RIP

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stan Lee Is Dead by slickbak(m): 10:44pm On Nov 12, 2018
Rest in peace O.G
Re: Stan Lee Is Dead by bencr7: 10:54pm On Nov 12, 2018
Comic fans hv lost a great man
Re: Stan Lee Is Dead by bencr7: 10:56pm On Nov 12, 2018
I still remember those yrs when every Saturdays morning, when diz man will talk about d cartoons marvel production want to show like fantastic 4,spiderman, xmen and ironman etc... rest in peace icon

1 Like

Re: Stan Lee Is Dead by twinke209(m): 11:00pm On Nov 12, 2018
The last time I saw him was in Ant man and Wasp
Re: Stan Lee Is Dead by Nobody: 11:16pm On Nov 12, 2018
robertito7:
featured not starred
Oya talk the difference.
Re: Stan Lee Is Dead by olatade(m): 11:19pm On Nov 12, 2018
RIP Stan Lee. Thanks for giving me & millions of people the coolest childhood. Much condolences to his family.

2 Likes

Re: Stan Lee Is Dead by dasphinx1(m): 11:35pm On Nov 12, 2018
Heard of Stan Lee as a kid growing up watching Xmen and Iron man..... My God!!!!! Baba don kuff.... He is the brain behind all Marvel movies we see today. A war veteran. He was pushed into writing by his wife..... My deepest and heartfelt condolences to his family. He has touched so many lives through his works. So sad reading this news *wipes tears*

1 Like

Re: Stan Lee Is Dead by Nobody: 11:41pm On Nov 12, 2018
I owe my first thought of creativity and imagination to him, I used to draw alot of marvel comics while growing up, I knew about Stan Lee way back before 94. Many people are just catching up because of recent movies. Then I never knew what was the internet nor Google.

2 Likes

Re: Stan Lee Is Dead by AkpaMgbor(m): 11:46pm On Nov 12, 2018
The man who gave us a universe of heroes..from your friendly neighbourhood spidey to the xmen, the Green beast aka incredible hull and many more..you made my childhood awesome! RIP Mr Stan lee.

2 Likes

Re: Stan Lee Is Dead by themanderon: 12:01am On Nov 13, 2018
Reminds me of the good old days of cadburys breakfast television where he would introduce all those wonderful cartoons like iron man. spider man, and the fantastic 4 etc. He brought so much life into those cartoon characters and we always looked forward to every Saturday mornings. kai.
A very lively fellow. Rip great man.

3 Likes

Re: Stan Lee Is Dead by Minemrys: 12:38am On Nov 13, 2018
His creative intellect made my childhood (the Amazing Spiderman!). RIP Stan the Man.

1 Like

Re: Stan Lee Is Dead by AMvanquish: 2:37am On Nov 13, 2018
The real Captain Comics himself. You gave us so much entertainment with your imagination. After buying an Xmen comic back in the early 90s iv been hooked ever since. Rest on O.G. cry

1 Like

Re: Stan Lee Is Dead by madjune(m): 3:16am On Nov 13, 2018
kennygee:
The king of cameos.

He lived a long, life and left his footprint in the sand of time.

I heard he shot a lot of cameos to last a while before his death, hopefully, we'll see him in Avengers 4.

He was also in Black Panther.

Few people know that.

1 Like

Re: Stan Lee Is Dead by Nobody: 4:12am On Nov 13, 2018
RIP SIR

Anyone that knows knows
Re: Stan Lee Is Dead by anbib: 5:53am On Nov 13, 2018
RIP Stan Lee......
Re: Stan Lee Is Dead by Kristokx(m): 5:55am On Nov 13, 2018
deco22:
Stan Lee, the cultural icon responsible for many of Marvel’s most popular superheroes in comic books and movies, has died at the age of 95.

Born Stanley Martin Lieber, the New York City native co-created Spider-Man, Hulk, the Avengers, the X-Men, the Fantastic Four, Black Panther, Daredevil, Doctor Strange and a host more heroes while working as a writer and then editor-in-chief of Marvel Comics in the 1960s.

From the 1970s (when he became publisher) until the ’90s, Lee was the face of Marvel and a frequent staple at comic and pop-culture conventions, entertaining fans and “true believers” with his stories and signature catchphrase “Excelsior!” He created his own POW! Entertainment in 2001 to develop film, TV and comic properties, but always stayed connected to his original superhero roots as geek culture rose in Hollywood: As an executive producer, Lee had humorous cameos in nearly every Marvel movie going back to Bryan Singer’s "X-Men" in 2000.

While Lee’s infectious enthusiasm for his heroes – and his devotees – lasted late into a legendary life, recent years were marked by ill health and legal wrangling involving those closest to him. Following the death of his wife of 69 years, Joan, in 2017, Lee was hospitalized in February 2018 for an irregular heartbeat and shortness of breath, and also struggled with pneumonia.
Chai so all that money should be shared amongst us...
Re: Stan Lee Is Dead by scarr: 6:08am On Nov 13, 2018
post=72915397:
Rest in Peace Stan Lee. The creator of Super man. HULK. X-Men and many more You will be greatly missed.
Superman Really Check again bro

1 Like

Re: Stan Lee Is Dead by teemy(m): 6:09am On Nov 13, 2018
Re: Stan Lee Is Dead by khalhokage(m): 6:21am On Nov 13, 2018
post=72915397:
Rest in Peace Stan Lee. The creator of Super man. HULK. X-Men and many more You will be greatly missed.
Superman abi? See wetin zombieism dey cause, talking 1st think never.
Re: Stan Lee Is Dead by fowlyansh181(m): 6:49am On Nov 13, 2018
F
Re: Stan Lee Is Dead by CapedBaldy: 6:51am On Nov 13, 2018
That's so sad. Rip .
No more cameos
Re: Stan Lee Is Dead by mudiana(m): 6:51am On Nov 13, 2018
Hope this man finish infinity war before him die oh! If not I will pray for him to resurrect and complete the job. Till date, I don't understand the end of that movie.

1 Like

Re: Stan Lee Is Dead by sharpchap: 7:13am On Nov 13, 2018
stan lee is dead. meen am olding oooo! thanks for all the comics all the super heroes, sinister tales , suspense, uncanny tales, astounding stories, creepy worlds, secrets of the unknown. if you are under 40 you wont know. enjoy and laff a lot and live long. 95 years no joke but na jokes carry am reach there.

1 Like

Re: Stan Lee Is Dead by robertito7(m): 7:30am On Nov 13, 2018
Shibaraba:

Oya talk the difference.
Chris Hemsworth Starred in thor ragnarok___stan lee featured in it
Re: Stan Lee Is Dead by obidevine(m): 7:37am On Nov 13, 2018
RIP Stan "Stan the man" Lee., will miss your cameos.
Re: Stan Lee Is Dead by NoChill: 7:40am On Nov 13, 2018
Dnimaa:
Im don chop the life well well na.
I'm beginning to observe that most writers stay alive much longer. Thanks to God i'm a writer.

Yeah like Earnest Hemingway

Rip Stan Lee

He once said "I thank all the marvel fans for coming to the cinemas to see my cameos, and the movie with it"

2 Likes

Re: Stan Lee Is Dead by adamsbadoo(m): 7:44am On Nov 13, 2018
did he also write supa strikers ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bleep And Run / Make Me Your Wife / The Bosom Strangler

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.