Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,921 members, 7,883,213 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 06:28 AM

Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant (6016 Views)

Check Out This Same Look; Siblings Photo Recreation After 28 Years / I'm 2 Weeks Pregnant But My Husband Died While Cheating On Me. What Should I Do / My Wife Is 5 Weeks Pregnant. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by Busybody2(f): 1:08am On Aug 02, 2010
ada24:

u have time.

busy body why are u so passionate about my supposed lies. u have said it once let it go - your starting to come across somehow.

if my malaria story doesn't add up let it go u were not there with me when i was getting sick so why the lingering around the malaria - na wah o!!

if this is entertainment to u then maybe u need to evaulate what u do with your free time. anyway let me contnue making a jackass of myself as only u know the truth right?

so its the malaria that is getting u and nothing else?? if its lies or the truth is it really stopping u from paying your mortgage that u STILL have to bring it up. by the way incest repellents are not recommended while your pregnant. lets put it down to pregnancy brain cos i have a life and cannot remember the things i said in the post that was taken down. maybe it was the lies or maybe it was the bullying (which happens to be number 1 on the list of forum rules - or maybe i was making a jackass of myself)

You claim to know insect repellant that is applied to the skin is dangerous for a pregnant woman, yet you allow yourself to be given anti-malaria tablets and injection that goes directly into your bloodstream shocked Let me keep schtum and say nothing about your IQ, lets stick to blaming the pregnancy brain as usual, gosh this would have been so much fun, just that it is too painful watching your drowning rat clutching at straws approach undecided

And if it so bothers you to know why i have time, part of my free time is spent on this forum letting my hair down and fishing out nitwits like you, so do you, and let me do me cool Been in the UK 30 years and according to your A-Z, Debenhams is only in the west end, i no fit shout undecided

And those people were setting your story straight, not bullying you so dearie berra go and sleep before those hormones which would have gone haywire makes you burst into tears undecided
Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by ada24: 9:29am On Aug 02, 2010
Busy_body:

You claim to know insect repellant that is applied to the skin is dangerous for a pregnant woman, yet you allow yourself to be given anti-malaria tablets and injection that goes directly into your bloodstream shocked Let me keep schtum and say nothing about your IQ, lets stick to blaming the pregnancy brain as usual, gosh this would have been so much fun, just that it is too painful watching your drowning rat clutching at straws approach undecided

And if it so bothers you to know why i have time, part of my free time is spent on this forum letting my hair down and fishing out nitwits like you, so do you, and let me do me cool Been in the UK 30 years and according to your [b]A-Z, Debenhams [/b]is only in the west end, i no fit shout undecided

And those people were setting your story straight, not bullying you so dearie berra go and sleep before those hormones which would have gone haywire makes you burst into tears undecided

hmmmmm time

i think silence is the best answer to cyber bullies. if u want to keep insulting me and talking about anti malaria - malaria and now a my A-Z skills carry on and make 10 pages on the topic. the question has been answered plus i'm not even travelling so why u feel the need to flog a dead horse is beyond me. if entertainment for u is fishing out "nit wits" then u need a new hobby - there are a lot of silly ignorant posts all over nairaland but for some strange reason your here insulting me. Nigerians - always fall back on insulting someone that thinks differently with them,

abeg a nit wit like me cannot compete with a mensa brain like your own.  shocked
Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by Busybody2(f): 1:07pm On Aug 02, 2010
ada24:

hmmmmm time

i think silence is the best answer to cyber bullies. if u want to keep insulting me and talking about anti malaria - malaria and now a my A-Z skills carry on and make 10 pages on the topic. the question has been answered plus i'm not even travelling so why u feel the need to flog a dead horse is beyond me. if entertainment for u is fishing out "nit wits" then u need a new hobby - there are a lot of silly ignorant posts all over nairaland but for some strange reason your here insulting me. Nigerians - always fall back on insulting someone that thinks differently with them,

abeg a nit wit like me cannot compete with a mensa brain like your own.  shocked

You have been harping on and on and on and on like a broken record about keeping quite but can't stop coming back, can you undecided And i enjoy flogging this dead horse because you keep making yourself an eran iya, a cannon fodder cool

i am not only posting in your thread, I understand the pregnancy brain plight, but remember i used the plural of the word nitwits, its because design flaws travels in groups so dearie, quit flatterring yourself that you are being paid extra special attention by me, liars like you whose stories are ripe for picking apart are ten-a-penny on Nairaland undecided

And i ain't Chemali or the others you can pin false allegation of bullying on, you ain't being bullied, you are just being manipulated and pulled up for the lying you are hellbent on making a career criminal out of, you seem to be sickeningly enjoying it though, hence reason your conscience keeps drawing you back for more hard knock truth undecided
Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by Busybody2(f): 1:31pm On Aug 02, 2010
ada24:

. . . I mean really giving birth in the uk does not give a child citizenship . . .

I had a feeling the reason you are lurking around is because of this, oya wipe your tears and runny nose, take bee be. Tell your Doctor to stuff his advise, and tell your ojuorolari Husband and his family those were your words, not mine remember that God don butter their bread and you are going to be giving them a London born baby. Christmas's come early for you, It is your lucky day innit cool

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-241742.0.html#msg3535790
Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by blank(f): 3:48pm On Aug 02, 2010
madam busy body,
be like say b=na bad belle dey worry u.
Anywayz, my Bible says to repay evil with good.
So here goes,

May u marry your own husband in good time.
May u have as many kids as u want to have.
May u be blessed enough to choose any country or hospital of your choice to give birth.
May u meet only people that wish u well.
May u not meet people that enjoy taking panadol for someone else's headache.
May u know true peace and how to answer people that annoy u.
May u grow up in maturity and understanding.
In the mighty name of Jesus, i pray,
AMEN
Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by Busybody2(f): 6:14pm On Aug 02, 2010
blank:

madam busy body,
be like say b=na bad belle dey worry u.
Anywayz, my Bible says to repay evil with good.
So here goes,

May u marry your own husband in good time.
May u have as many kids as u want to have.
May u be blessed enough to choose any country or hospital of your choice to give birth.
May u meet only people that wish u well.
May u not meet people that enjoy taking panadol for someone else's headache.
May u know true peace and how to answer people that annoy u.
May u grow up in maturity and understanding.
In the mighty name of Jesus, i pray,
AMEN

Bad belle over wetin undecided Abi dem swear randomly for this one or the generational curse don reach your turn undecided

Na by force to preach/pray undecided Is that how your Bible teaches you to use sarcasm to get the message of Christ across undecided  Have you finished praying for every member of your family to make heaven undecided Berra scram from my sight before i tell you where to stick the fake okrika Bible you have been reading, devil's spawn oshi undecided

Is this gaffe because you only just became borrnagain yesterday or because you are going through a "backsliding phase" undecided Anyway even the devil can quote the Bible inside out, so why am i surprised in your case undecided

With Christians like you, who needs salvation undecided Bleeding hyprocrites cool
Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by debosky(m): 10:12pm On Aug 02, 2010
Hehehe. . . . cheesy

I am learning a lot from this thread - now I can organise how my numerous baby mama's can visit me with their pregnancies at different points without them meeting. grin

But seriously, naija women really need to stop going to have babies and absconding, leaving unpaid bills behind. Very soon the health services might start turning people needing genuine help away just because of some free loaders. sad
Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by blank(f): 5:30pm On Aug 03, 2010
@ Busy Body, hope u still said Amen cos the prayer was actually very sincere.
Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by ada24: 5:54pm On Aug 03, 2010
@blank - when are you due? i know u said early next year but is that feb or jan 2011. I'm due 1st week of January but would like it to come round christmas
Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by blank(f): 6:28pm On Aug 03, 2010
Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 03, 2010
^^^

Errr. . . I wouldn't post any more regarding your plans on here - you'll only cop an earful of abuse from people who know nothing about you, making all kinds of assumptions. I'd even edit what you've already posted.

Hope all goes well with your delivery. smiley
Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by ada24: 7:26pm On Aug 03, 2010
@siena - thank you - i was going to advise her the same thing - trust me the abuse she will get will be too much on NL.

how is that beautiful daughter of yours - I hope u have already bought ur gun o cos these young men start early these days - lol!!
Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by Nobody: 9:51pm On Aug 03, 2010
^^^ Sienna's fine, thanks, and so is mummy. smiley
Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by Busybody2(f): 10:08pm On Aug 03, 2010
blank:

@ Busy Body, hope u still said Amen cos the prayer was actually very sincere.

The Bible the devil quotes from is equally genuine, not a fake Bible, so I don't need prayers from the devil's spawn like you undecided undecided undecided
Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by Busybody2(f): 10:18pm On Aug 03, 2010
Siena:

^^^

Errr. . . I wouldn't post any more regarding your plans on here - you'll only cop an earful of abuse from people who know nothing about you, making all kinds of assumptions. I'd even edit what you've already posted.

Hope all goes well with your delivery. smiley

Er . . . devil's advocate wannabe, either pinpoint just one post abusing ada24 for wanting to come to the UK or grow up and zip it cool

Dunno when you started having problems with English Comprehension but what people are simply saying is that; "she doesn't have to resort to lies to seek help on Nairaland and rubbishing Nigerian Hospitals in the process" undecided undecided undecided
Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by Consultant(f): 10:24pm On Aug 03, 2010
@ busy body

I don't know the origin of this whole story myself, and you may not be aware of it, but you are coming across as a very nasty person. Why do you feel the need to follow this poster across all her threads to "show her up" as a liar? And you just called somebody else lazy because she said she thinks her insurance should cover her when she travels.

For the sake of argument, let's assume everything this poster said is a lie - you can just 1. Ignore her post, or 2. Answer the initial question - which has nothing to do with the issues that the two of you are going back and forth about.

I think sometimes the premise of anonymity on the internet gives people this false sense of security that turns them into the kind of people they would never want to be in real life. You would be wise to take a deep breath and think about how you're repesenting yourself here before you type any more responses to this post.

@ Poster and others who are interested, even if an airline is willing to carry you, if you are planning to travel to the US, be aware that custom officials have been known to refuse entrance to women who are that far along, because they don't want immigrants to have kids there.
Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by Nobody: 10:37pm On Aug 03, 2010
Busy_body:

Er . . . devil's advocate wannabe, either pinpoint just one post abusing ada24 for wanting to come to the UK or grow up and zip it cool

Dunno when you started having problems with English Comprehension
but what people are simply saying is that; "she doesn't have to resort to lies to seek help on Nairaland and rubbishing Nigerian Hospitals in the process" undecided undecided undecided

Busy-body, I never made any reference to you as verbally abusing / cyber-bullying Ada24. My statement was a general one.

As for my English comprehension, it's fine, and as per your insult directed at me personally, I hear you.

It shall be well.
Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by debosky(m): 10:38pm On Aug 03, 2010
@ Consultant

It would do good to stop referring to any perceived inflammatory comments on this thread - that just serves to inflame things further. Just address the issue at hand. wink

Now B_B you berra calm down before I send you back to your daddy's mansion.  angry  tongue

Can't we all live in peace? sad
Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by Consultant(f): 10:42pm On Aug 03, 2010
@ Consultant

It would do good to stop referring to any perceived inflammatory comments on this thread - that just serves to inflame things further. Just address the issue at hand.

Debosky, point taken. Not having been a part of the initial discussion, the tone just kind of caught me by surprise. Unless somebody here stole somebody else's husband, I don't think an internet post should be generating this kind of anymosity. Anyway, I'll zip it now.
Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by Busybody2(f): 10:56pm On Aug 03, 2010
Consultant:

@ busy body

I don't know the origin of this whole story myself, and you may not be aware of it, but you are coming across as a very nasty person. Why do you feel the need to follow this poster across all her threads to "show her up" as a liar? And you just called somebody else lazy because she said she thinks her insurance should cover her when she travels.

For the sake of argument, let's assume everything this poster said is a lie - you can just 1. Ignore her post, or 2. Answer the initial question - which has nothing to do with the issues that the two of you are going back and forth about.

I think sometimes the premise of anonymity on the internet gives people this false sense of security that turns them into the kind of people they would never want to be in real life. You would be wise to take a deep breath and think about how you're repesenting yourself here before you type any more responses to this post.

@ Poster and others who are interested, even if an airline is willing to carry you, if you are planning to travel to the US, be aware that custom officials have been known to refuse entrance to women who are that far along, because they don't want immigrants to have kids there.

Can you indicate how my first post on this thread can be deemed following her up and down Was she the one i quoted and responded to? Are you trying to say no one else is allowed to comment on anyone else's thread?

Can you read at all? Where did you see me call someone lazy? Sorry i can't help your case that the joke and smilies lost on you undecided

And listen up, I am as real on here as you can get in real life and i don't bite, ask around from the 25 plus odd nairalanders who have seen me in the flesh, if you don't like me, tough, thats your prerogative, i am sure not everyone agrees with all the content of the 313 posts you have on Nairaland too so live and let live cool

Glad you recognised we were both going back and forth and that it is not just me talking to myself like you are making the case out to be, phew cool Hope you are done ranting and making things up as you go along undecided
Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by Busybody2(f): 11:18pm On Aug 03, 2010
Siena:

Busy-body, I never made any reference to you as verbally abusing / cyber-bullying Ada24. My statement was a general one.

As for my English comprehension, it's fine, and as per your insult directed at me personally, I hear you.

It shall be well.

You are tryna pull a fast one about your statement being a general one there, i am the only one on this thread. I ask again, who amongst the others abused ada24 in the other thread about her wanting to come over to UK for you now to be warning blank to remove her comment undecided That is just not fair

And where is the insult? Devil advocate wannabe is not an insult, it is what you are trying to be, and i was just reining you in, to slow you down the slippery slope you were heading for cool And i was just wondering out loudly how you could misconstrue the other people's posts as insults when again all they were saying was "ada stop lying, we can still help" cool

Don't worry, your English can never be anything than topnotch, i almost forgot pregnancy brain affects men too, but don't fret its temporary cool

debosky:

@ Consultant

It would do good to stop referring to any perceived inflammatory comments on this thread - that just serves to inflame things further. Just address the issue at hand. wink

Now B_B you berra calm down before I send you back to your daddy's mansion.  angry  tongue

Can't we all live in peace? sad

Are you surprised people are mistranslating, what with MrPataki and Theseeker being jointly crowned the undisputable Baba na father of English Language of Nairaland embarassed Halleluyah, glad to have you back, the undisputable champion kiss Now i believe in miracles cheesy

What mansion shocked My Daddy got a mansion and he didn't tell me angry Oh well, guess i am one prodigal daughter they were glad to see the back of embarassed cry

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by WAVixen: 5:04am On Aug 04, 2010
nairaland, nairaland! Na wa o. hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by Toluwani11: 12:21pm On Aug 04, 2010
blank:

I am due in March but i am planning bigger things.
I want to apply for an American visa.
That would be better for my baby. wink

ada24:

@blank - when are you due? i know u said early next year but is that feb or jan 2011. I'm due 1st week of January but would like it to come round christmas

Safe delivry
Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by LadyDee1(f): 9:03pm On Aug 04, 2010
I dont see the point in nigerians going to so called greener pastures to have their kids, undecided undecided undecided

UK put a clampdown on it, ur child WILL NOT get citizenship, simple
The USA are doing the same its even more difficult , the difference between the US and UK is the USA will slap you with the bill there and then,
You wont move an inch till you pay the balance! It happened to my cousin, my advice fell on deaf ears embarassed embarassed embarassed, undecided undecided embarassed

When will nigerians get it into their heads that thw West do not want foreigners anymore!!

Im running back home away from the fire, but nigerians are running into it, Na waooooo
Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by ada24: 9:23pm On Aug 04, 2010
i think a lot of people know that their kids will not get citizenship in the UK - i think thats why canada and america are now becoming the favoured destinations.

yes like you said i have been reading that the republicans are really pushing for a law to stop people having their kids born in the USA to get citizenship, its meant to be targeting the mexicans from what i can tell but it looks like it will effect everyone.

all i can say is people should give birth where they are comfortable - yes childbirth and pregnancy are natural things but for many women the peace of mind that comes with it goes a long way.
Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by chemali: 9:27pm On Aug 04, 2010
ada24:

i think a lot of people know that their kids will not get citizenship in the UK - i think thats why canada and america are now becoming the favoured destinations.

yes like you said i have been reading that the republicans are really pushing for a law to stop people having their kids born in the USA to get citizenship, its meant to be targeting the mexicans from what i can tell but it looks like it will effect everyone.

all i can say is people should give birth where they are comfortable - yes childbirth and pregnancy are natural things but for many women the peace of mind that comes with it goes a long way.

agreed.

but it is still no reason to make up tales and concote lies about a popular, top nigerian hospital.

busybody has said it all. it must be the pregnancy brain plight affecting you.

mschewwwwwwwww.
Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by ada24: 9:29pm On Aug 04, 2010
ur still on that?

wow.
Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by chemali: 10:31pm On Aug 04, 2010
ada24:

your still on that?

wow.

yes o.

mrs. lie lie madam!
shameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

d real reason why the mods deleted that thread was because of the private hospital you lied against and you even decended so low to mentioning the name of a hospital known in the east as one of the top 10 for kidney diagonis, treatment and it is the top choice of the staff of major oil coys in portharcourt.

u really should be ashamed of yourself.
Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by Travelista(f): 10:31pm On Aug 04, 2010
Lady Dee:

I dont see the point in nigerians going to so called greener pastures to have their kids,  undecided undecided undecided

UK put a clampdown on it,  your child WILL NOT get citizenship,  simple
The USA are doing the same its even more difficult , the difference between the US and UK is the USA will slap you with the bill there and then,  
You wont move an inch till you pay the balance! It happened to my cousin, my advice fell on deaf ears  embarassed embarassed embarassed,   undecided undecided embarassed

When will nigerians get it into their heads that thw West do not want foreigners anymore!!

Im running back home away from the fire, but nigerians are running into it,  Na waooooo
Consultant:

@ busy body

I absolutely agree.

Whoever is planning to take advantage of birth tourism, be wise about the location you chose. Very few countries practice jus soli and those that do, are closing the loopholes. As Consultant said, customs officers have been known to deny entry to heavily pregnant women (that aren't citizens or legal residents) and, as it's at the sole discretion of that particular customs agent, it's not worth the potential risk of being booked on the next return flight. That trauma alone would be hellish for both mom and baby; please think about what's best for you and, most of all, baby in situations like these.
Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by ada24: 10:47pm On Aug 04, 2010
chemail - i am so ashamed of myself - yes i am ashamed. so now u agree that the named hospital actually is a good hospital. Look everybody has different experiences in life today, for example i was made to wait over an hour to see my midwife in my local GP surgery and was like WTF - i smiled and realised that if i was back in nigeria i would have seen a doctor or the midwife within 5-10 mins.

will u now say that i am lying about having to wait this long - i'm not goin to drag up the "lies" i told cos it does not pay my bills by going back to it. IF you and other think i'm lying then i'm lying .

Like I have already said the original question has been answered and i have been advised by my GP (who happens to have my history) not to travel to Nigeria (long haul and the risk of DVT) so in hindsight I should never have asked the question - just wanted to know if i could get one last holiday in b4 having the baby. 

u take care now chemail and remain blessed!! smiley
Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by hackney(m): 11:03pm On Aug 04, 2010
@poster

Last Xmas in Lagos , B.A did not let a woman that was 7 months pregnant fly .
Even though she was flying via LDN to NY, the oyinbo woman asked her to go back to the
yankee embassy and tell them to route her via another country as by B.A policy , he pregnancy was too advanced.

I think that in general, most flights will not let you board them at that stage.
Re: Travelling After 28 Weeks Pregnant by ada24: 11:34pm On Aug 04, 2010
yeah i think it depends on who meet on the day - my friend travelled to Dubai for her birthday last year and her doctor almost didn't give her the letter she needed to travel to as her return date was at 31 weeks - i remember how she was shouting down the phone (i allowed that cos she was pregnant but was like excuse me - isn't ur husband meant to be the recipient of this ear bashing) anyway she got the letter in the end and travelled but she told me she saw hell on the flight back to london- she was in so much pain crying throughout the flight back and throwing up.

on trips back from nigeria i see heavily pregnant women on the flights and now that i am pregnant i have no idea how they manage on that 6 hour flight cos at 13/14 weeks i experienced a long haul journey like never before - gosh i felt so sick on that plane it was something else.

@hackney - that woman could have been stopped cos she was going via london - i have come to realise that even if ur final destination is not the UK they don't like pregnant women flying via the uk.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please Help A Husband And Wife / How To "Properly" Beat Your Wife / 5KVA WESTINGHOUSE SMART SOUNDPROOF ULTRA SILENT INVERTER GENERATOR | 6kW MAXMECH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.