Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,182 members, 7,880,686 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:29 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (348) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (846176 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jan 13, 2019
ontarioissauga:
Guys, check provinces-PNPs. Saskatchewan has two platforms - jobs-In-demand and express entry. Instead of waiting with 435 and 437! Profile expiration and birthday deduction are real.

I don't believe this is correct sir.

SASK like many provinces has many immigration programs but only one portal

https://immigration.saskatchewan.ca/apex/f?p=305:101:4739348933035:::::

and you need to specify the stream you are interested in once registered on there....either way you need to pick an NOC from the list to proceed. ...if your NOC is absent you can't even continue.

I may be completely mistaken sha......perhaps you could kindly share the 2 links.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jan 13, 2019
Mamaroon:

I don't believe this is correct sir.

SASK like many provinces has many immigration programs but only one portal

https://immigration.saskatchewan.ca/apex/f?p=305:101:4739348933035:::::

and you need to specify the stream you are interested in once registered on there....either way you need to pick an NOC from the list to proceed. ...if your NOC is absent you can't even continue.

I may be completely mistaken sha......perhaps you could kindly share the 2 links.
I still don't understand their way. Na my guy and he just submitted his interest form. He is a farmer. See our convo.
https://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/immigrating-to-saskatchewan/saskatchewan-immigrant-nominee-program/international-skilled-worker-eoi-system

1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Thaiy(m): 9:53pm On Jan 13, 2019
Thank you for your advise.

Akinrinola.taiwo@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Thaiy(m): 9:56pm On Jan 13, 2019
Deemama18:

Thanks
Email: enichamp@yahoo.co.uk

Pls which ECA body has the fastest timeline right now for Nigerians.

Please send material to me on akinrinola.taiwo@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Deemama18: 9:57pm On Jan 13, 2019
segzy14:

Use ICES.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Denov: 9:57pm On Jan 13, 2019
The sum of N77,400 was deducted from my naira MasterCard account.
aydotaone:

Please how much were you charged (in Naira) for the ICES ECA, though it might fluctuates depending on the current banks charges, but it should be closed

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by efeklvn: 10:02pm On Jan 13, 2019
efeklvn:
Pls experts, I need your inputs with regards to my reference letter. Will the following job duties align well in Mechanical Engineer NOC 2132

- Monitor vibration levels of mechanical systems and structures

- Supervise/inspect craftsmen and technicians during mechanical systems setup and installation

- Review preventive maintenance schedules for various machines and provide support to maintenance crew

- ensure that outsourced maintenance contracts are executed in compliance with company standards

- providing engineering support to maintenance teams, assisting in plant equipment testing during breakdown maintenance

Pls I need your inputs!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Thaiy(m): 10:03pm On Jan 13, 2019
Adiojanet:
Kindly share with me also, maranroolajanet@gmail.com

Please send me materials akinrinola.taiwo@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Thaiy(m): 10:06pm On Jan 13, 2019
[quote author=talisae post=74691616]Pls can u send the material to me..@ taflino@gmail.com.Thanks alot.

1. Stick to a FEW practice materials! The number of materials for IELTS that we see on a daily on this thread can be overwhelming. Try out only a few and stick to the one that resonates with you. Don't use ieltsliz, Jay, Cambridge, ieltsadvantage, road2ielts etc at the same time (some of these peope don't agree on the same approach and reading all can get really confusing). If you try one and it sits well with you, ditch others. Focus on that one and be a master of it. I almost got overwhelmed at some point, because l wanted to open every link or try every material l saw here. But l had to give myself brain oh.

2. Practise everyday. No excuses. Create the time. Even at work, you can use your lunch break to practise. Instead of listening to music or radio on your way to work, listen to your downloaded tips on writing, speaking, reading, listening. When walking down the streets, have an earpiece on (l hate this, but we can make sacrifices for one month abi?) and keep LISTENING. At weekends, practice speaking with your wife/husband, friend, son/daughter etc. Write out questions and tell them to ask you (under exam conditions). I finished a WHOLE 30 leaves notebook for listening practice (yeah l work an 8 to 5 and live on the mainland with my office on the island -remember, no excuses!). Always check your wrong answers and replay those portions and find out what you didn't hear properly. I used youtube for listening/speaking/reading.

3. There's this ielts expert too, one Ryan (cannot remember his surname) that l think is underrated. I used his tips for writing. He talks about 15 sentences max for writing. 3 paragraphs with 4 sentences and the closing paragraph should have 3 sentences. This keeps you in check and you already know what to write before the exam, all you will be waiting for on the ielts day is the topic given! I can share his materials if you drop your email address.
For writing, write letter and essays! Don't read what someone else wrote. Write yours too. Some people practise writing by reading another's work -WRONG! write yours too and compare. Minimum letters to write on different topics - 10. Minimum essays - 20. Revise your work and look for better ways to reconstruct your sentences. I suggest you write with pencil on your exam day so you can erase if need be.

4. For reading - use youtube. It also has a timer, so practice using the time and don't stop the timer or pause the video. The easiest comprehension in reading are the first two. Spend less time there. Say 5 mins tops for each. You do not need to UNDERSTAND nada. Just look at the instructions (very important), then the questions, then scroll through the passages for the answers. You need all your time for the last two passages. They are more technical.

5. For speaking - Be confident, relaxed and know your basic english and introduction (see ieltsliz). See this as an interview. We all attend interviews don't we? I got a list of 42 likely cue cards from ieltsliz blog (l think she said they change it every 3 months but she always update the cue card questions) and l practiced the 42 different topics and l always set my two minutes timer with my phone. You can be in the BRT or your car and practice this one, or when walking down the street or whilst doing chores at home, or lying down in your bed doing nothing (l did this. Some days, people will think you are going crazy because you are talking to yourself, but...who no go no know). One of the 42 questions l practiced was my cue card during my speaking test -something on my pet animal (l was wondering "madam why me? Animal kwa?" but because l had practised earlier, the examiner had to cut me off when it was two minutes. I just went on and on.

4. Lastly and certainly not the least...the place of PRAYER. I'm catholic, so when l saw the prayer to St. Joseph of Cupertino here, l made a mental note to say it. I started saying it every day from September till i wrote my exam on the 1st of November. I even added a 9 days St. Joseph of Cupertino novena with prayer and fasting which ended on the 31st of October (l'm that extra oh. I left no chances). I asked my family to add me in their prayers too. So, pray, pray and pray. Whatever works for you. Someone dropped one St. prayer here on financial assistance for POF, best believe l'll look for that prayer and do it too!

5. People have done it, you too can. Don't be discouraged if you have tried more than once. We don't give up on this thread oh. Being here has taught me a different level of selflessness and never say never spirit. People you don't even know are quick to help and empathise and l am still in awe of you guys.

6. Please drop your email address so l can send the Ryan materials to you.

This too shall pass!

All the best everyone and my apologies for the long post.

Please share materials with me on Akinrinola.taiwo@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Thaiy(m): 10:07pm On Jan 13, 2019
[quote author=talisae post=74691616]Pls can u send the material to me..@ taflino@gmail.com.Thanks alot.

1. Stick to a FEW practice materials! The number of materials for IELTS that we see on a daily on this thread can be overwhelming. Try out only a few and stick to the one that resonates with you. Don't use ieltsliz, Jay, Cambridge, ieltsadvantage, road2ielts etc at the same time (some of these peope don't agree on the same approach and reading all can get really confusing). If you try one and it sits well with you, ditch others. Focus on that one and be a master of it. I almost got overwhelmed at some point, because l wanted to open every link or try every material l saw here. But l had to give myself brain oh.

2. Practise everyday. No excuses. Create the time. Even at work, you can use your lunch break to practise. Instead of listening to music or radio on your way to work, listen to your downloaded tips on writing, speaking, reading, listening. When walking down the streets, have an earpiece on (l hate this, but we can make sacrifices for one month abi?) and keep LISTENING. At weekends, practice speaking with your wife/husband, friend, son/daughter etc. Write out questions and tell them to ask you (under exam conditions). I finished a WHOLE 30 leaves notebook for listening practice (yeah l work an 8 to 5 and live on the mainland with my office on the island -remember, no excuses!). Always check your wrong answers and replay those portions and find out what you didn't hear properly. I used youtube for listening/speaking/reading.

3. There's this ielts expert too, one Ryan (cannot remember his surname) that l think is underrated. I used his tips for writing. He talks about 15 sentences max for writing. 3 paragraphs with 4 sentences and the closing paragraph should have 3 sentences. This keeps you in check and you already know what to write before the exam, all you will be waiting for on the ielts day is the topic given! I can share his materials if you drop your email address.
For writing, write letter and essays! Don't read what someone else wrote. Write yours too. Some people practise writing by reading another's work -WRONG! write yours too and compare. Minimum letters to write on different topics - 10. Minimum essays - 20. Revise your work and look for better ways to reconstruct your sentences. I suggest you write with pencil on your exam day so you can erase if need be.

4. For reading - use youtube. It also has a timer, so practice using the time and don't stop the timer or pause the video. The easiest comprehension in reading are the first two. Spend less time there. Say 5 mins tops for each. You do not need to UNDERSTAND nada. Just look at the instructions (very important), then the questions, then scroll through the passages for the answers. You need all your time for the last two passages. They are more technical.

5. For speaking - Be confident, relaxed and know your basic english and introduction (see ieltsliz). See this as an interview. We all attend interviews don't we? I got a list of 42 likely cue cards from ieltsliz blog (l think she said they change it every 3 months but she always update the cue card questions) and l practiced the 42 different topics and l always set my two minutes timer with my phone. You can be in the BRT or your car and practice this one, or when walking down the street or whilst doing chores at home, or lying down in your bed doing nothing (l did this. Some days, people will think you are going crazy because you are talking to yourself, but...who no go no know). One of the 42 questions l practiced was my cue card during my speaking test -something on my pet animal (l was wondering "madam why me? Animal kwa?" but because l had practised earlier, the examiner had to cut me off when it was two minutes. I just went on and on.

4. Lastly and certainly not the least...the place of PRAYER. I'm catholic, so when l saw the prayer to St. Joseph of Cupertino here, l made a mental note to say it. I started saying it every day from September till i wrote my exam on the 1st of November. I even added a 9 days St. Joseph of Cupertino novena with prayer and fasting which ended on the 31st of October (l'm that extra oh. I left no chances). I asked my family to add me in their prayers too. So, pray, pray and pray. Whatever works for you. Someone dropped one St. prayer here on financial assistance for POF, best believe l'll look for that prayer and do it too!

5. People have done it, you too can. Don't be discouraged if you have tried more than once. We don't give up on this thread oh. Being here has taught me a different level of selflessness and never say never spirit. People you don't even know are quick to help and empathise and l am still in awe of you guys.

6. Please drop your email address so l can send the Ryan materials to you.

This too shall pass!

All the best everyone and my apologies for the long post.

Please share materials with me on akinrinola.taiwo@gmail.com

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Thaiy(m): 10:14pm On Jan 13, 2019
Hello Famz,

I kindly need materials to use for practice for Ielts, anyone with materials that can be easily understood for the exams should send to my email.

akinrinola.taiwo@gmail.com

Thank you in advance
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Frances86: 10:30pm On Jan 13, 2019
Thanks 4 d response dear. I think she meant d charges were high. I learnt most people use gtb successfully. Can a friend help me with d payment? And if yes,won't a different name on the payment affect my application? ? Thanks so much
Ifeoma77:

No you won't go back for any results, your business with them ends that same day.

Yes you can use your zenith bank card. It's not possible for them to charge twice the amount, it must have been an erroneous double payment
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by GozyNA: 10:31pm On Jan 13, 2019
Ifeoma77:

No you won't go back for any results, your business with them ends that same day.

Hi Ifeoma, IOM Lagos actually said we can check back after a few days for a copy of our results if we want it.

Frances86:
Pls I have an appointment with IOM next month. I will like to know if i have to go back there after that date to pick up results? Are we expected to get a copy of the results after the test

You might want to go back a few days after the tests for a copy of the result if you'd like to have it for record purposes or whatever.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by StKizito2: 10:36pm On Jan 13, 2019
Zutlin:

1. The only way you can include her in your application is if she is your wife, not girlfriend. Therefore, you might decide to put off application till you both are legally married.

2. Even after marriage, she can still bear her maiden name. She need not do a new international passport all over again - unless she wants to. All you need do is include your marriage certificate in your application.

Note: IRCC does recognize common law relationships but proving that is a Herculean task. Do you both have investments/properties together? Child(ren) together? Joint account? Living in same house for years? Etc.

To your answer m you can include your girlfriend in your application. It's called common law partner I believe. Of course you must have live together for a specific period and shoe necessary proof. So yes you can file together without being married

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by GozyNA: 10:37pm On Jan 13, 2019
roblance:

Please for a family of two (husband and wife) do i need to have $12, 475 (main applicant) + $15, 531 (Dependant)

Bros for you to even think this you must be very rich.

Coman epp me pliz grin

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by GozyNA: 10:39pm On Jan 13, 2019
Plenty PPRs in this week we just entered. You heard it first here!

22 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Swansy10: 11:02pm On Jan 13, 2019
Thaiy:
Hello Famz,

I kindly need materials to use for practice for Ielts, anyone with [/b]materials that can be easily understood[b] for the exams should send to my email.

akinrinola.taiwo@gmail.com

Thank you in advance

Hi, please we have seen your email, I would advice you to check page 1 but we both know you wouldn’t. Some of us want to receive PPR in this part but the way you’re posting this your email, we might start part 7 in 2 weeks.

Anyways, let me help you. Check this link for what you seek. I’m still trying to wrap my head around the bolder though.
https://www.nairaland.com/4843199/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled#72932702

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by aydotaone(m): 11:07pm On Jan 13, 2019
Denov:

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by MAO1: 11:11pm On Jan 13, 2019
I have noticed that there has been no PPR rain from the London Visa Office over the past 2-3 Months...am I mistaken or have some good folks received PPR from LVO?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Stylishmum: 12:27am On Jan 14, 2019
Uchihasasuke19:

Join the December AOR WhatsApp group. Chatting with people at the same level will help

Kindly pm your email address, so that i can send my number to be added to the group if it is not too much to ask. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Jaymamma: 1:25am On Jan 14, 2019
Thanks. Yeah, trying to avoid the stubborn ones like GTB.

From the thread, I understand that the closest gtb gives is a Signature Confirmation Letter.

Part of the fund is primarily in gtb which has been our savings account over time. Some in Access. So thinking of moving gtb fund to access and gift deed sent to Access.

Would still get statement from gtb to explain the lump deposit to Access.

Just wanted to be sure Access is compliant and a good idea before moving the funds there. Don't want to move it there before realizing it's a wrong move and having to move to another bank again hence the question.

wasseynewest:
All banks including "esusu" will surely give upon request provided you're an account holder. Some can only be locally stubborn than the others(lol)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by jhoci: 1:26am On Jan 14, 2019
I requested for my results via email and it was sent. You can also try that before deciding to go back there
GozyNA:

Hi Ifeoma, IOM Lagos actually said we can check back after a few days for a copy of our results if we want it.

You might want to go back a few days after the tests for a copy of the result if you'd like to have it for record purposes or whatever.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by princesschuks: 1:31am On Jan 14, 2019
Denov:

Your bank harsh oh. I used GTB for my sis and they deducted 62k and some change.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by emmadeking(m): 6:39am On Jan 14, 2019
Aydarl:
Good afternoon, please someone who has used post graduate diploma at NOUN to claim two or more certificate for Canadian express entry, should kindly assist with this question and advise, I want to apply for admission now at National Open Uni, so I can get the post graduate diploma degree certificate to claim more points, but from my findings is that I cant request for transcript for assesement until certificate is given, I also observed that convocation is always done in January and certificate is not issued until few months after. please who has an idea what i should expect and is it true that I can't request for transcript even if statement of result has been gotten? Thank you. This thing has being giving me headache.

Can someone please attend to this question, I'm equally interested as I'm currently running PGD in NOUN
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by bigwizzy001(m): 6:49am On Jan 14, 2019
emmadeking:

Can someone please attend to this question, I'm equally interested as I'm currently running PGD in NOUN

I'm so so interested too. In fact, I'm going to obtain my PGD form today. Please attend to this so I can know what's step to take
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by 234ng44uk(m): 6:56am On Jan 14, 2019
I just read a 2011 case commentary and I'm amazed at what Nigerians can do to one another. Please for God sake, make yourself as faceless as possible on this forum, avoid the PM and WhatsApp group thing if possible before someone pick up your details and write IRCC as "concerned Nigerians/Canadians". It doesn't matter if you have something to hide or not. Good morning.

OLUREMI ESTHER AKINMAYOWA v. Canada (Minister of Citizenship and Immigration)

During the application process, a letter was forwarded to the Immigration Department from “concerned Nigerian/Canadians, Toronto,” stating that the Applicant’s marriage was a marriage of convenience. This letter served in part as basis for refusal of an in-Canada spousal sponsorship application.

However, the letter was not disclosed to the Applicant at any time prior to the decision being rendered. In this respect, the law is clear that if a decision is to rely upon extrinsic evidence, this evidence must be disclosed to the Applicant. Further, the Applicant must be given an opportunity to see and respond to such evidence prior to any decision being made.

As a result of the letter, the Immigration Officer failed to fully consider and properly weigh the evidence at hand. He did not give weight or credibility to documentary evidence supporting the genuineness of the marriage, and noted many discrepancies between answers from the Applicant and spouse resulting from their respective interviews. However, the Court finds that many of these discrepancies can be explained as not being so, and the vast majority of answers were consistent and identical.

The Court finds that the failure to disclose constitutes a breach of natural justice and the duty to act fairly. The application for review is therefore allowed.

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Uchihasasuke19: 7:04am On Jan 14, 2019
Stylishmum:

Kindly pm your email address, so that i can send my number to be added to the group if it is not too much to ask. Thanks
Are you December AOR?
A quick search on this thread will display the WhatsApp group..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by wasseynewest: 7:07am On Jan 14, 2019
Smiles......Access will as well give u. Got a friend that collected from ACCESS.
Jaymamma:
Thanks. Yeah, trying to avoid the stubborn ones like GTB.

From the thread, I understand that the closest gtb gives is a Signature Confirmation Letter.

Part of the fund is primarily in gtb which has been our savings account over time. Some in Access. So thinking of moving gtb fund to access and gift deed sent to Access.

Would still get statement from gtb to explain the lump deposit to Access.

Just wanted to be sure Access is compliant and a good idea before moving the funds there. Don't want to move it there before realizing it's a wrong move and having to move to another bank again hence the question.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by wasseynewest: 7:11am On Jan 14, 2019
Yes and no effect at all.
Frances86:
Thanks 4 d response dear. I think she meant d charges were high. I learnt most people use gtb successfully. Can a friend help me with d payment? And if yes,won't a different name on the payment affect my application? ? Thanks so much
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 7:24am On Jan 14, 2019
GozyNA:

Hi Ifeoma, IOM Lagos actually said we can check back after a few days for a copy of our results if we want
You are right, but that part is optional. She used the phrase; '…expected to'
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Claire18: 8:21am On Jan 14, 2019
Please just visit page 1. Your questions weaken me. Do yourself good n research to avoid stories that touch In between, apply as single now, then preferably add "new wife" after AOR n raise a CSE. Please don't even ask what CSE is. Page 1...
roblance:
Thanks for the answers guys

Also, can i start my ECA before creating an EE profile?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by roblance: 8:22am On Jan 14, 2019
Claire18:
Please just visit page 1. Your questions weaken me. Do yourself good n research to avoid stories that touch In between, apply as single now, then preferably add "new wife" after AOR n raise a CSE. Please don't even ask what CSE is. Page 1...
Yes sir, person don answer...oshe!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) ... (511)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.