Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,429 members, 7,920,624 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 10:18 AM

2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting (12015 Views)

Abiodun Declares A State Of Emergency On The Lagos-Sango Ota-Abeokuta Road / What Happens When The Federal Government Declares A State Of Emergency? / China's Foreign Minister To Visit Nigeria For A Two-day State Visit. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:24pm On Nov 13, 2018
Gerrard59:
Dude should pay pensioners' salaries and stop involving religion every now and then. How about the inane plan to construct a 9BN enumenical centre?
He's not Owing pensioners

1 Like

Re: 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by Corrinthians(m): 10:26pm On Nov 13, 2018
MrAJQ:
The guy see say everything is turning against him, he quickly declare three days fasting. I can't stop laughing.

If El-Rufai should declare one day fasting in Kaduna, the whole Nigeria will hear. They will be shouting Religious bigotry.

God forbid this double standard people
Re: 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by Gerrard59(m): 10:28pm On Nov 13, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

I am not here to bobo you or anyone.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:30pm On Nov 13, 2018
Gerrard59:

I am not here to bobo you or anyone.
Anybody can write anything on WhatsApp
Re: 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by nelcliff(m): 10:35pm On Nov 13, 2018
MrAJQ:

100% PDP?
For more jokes press 2.

It seems like you are not a good learner.. Someone that knows the state better help to enlighten you more about how we role in Akwa Ibom, but you prefer to turn it to joke.. Keep it up. You will see where that will land you..
Re: 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by Officialpdpnig: 10:45pm On Nov 13, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
Udom is a Deacon, he believe in the superiority of God.

Akwa Abasi Ibom is God's own state, dedicating the state to God is not out of place.
Moreso, Akwa Ibomites are 100% Christians so there is no religious bigotry here.

Meanwhile, Akwa Ibom is 100% Udom and PDP

Fasting is not all about food. Fasting is also when you abstain from what you love doing most e.g looting your states resources.

Will udom the rapscallion stop looting for the period of the fast?

If you are a member of PDP and you still condone these failures and thieves in our party then you need the fast much more than udom the rapscallion does.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by Gerrard59(m): 10:47pm On Nov 13, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
Anybody can write anything on WhatsApp

For the records, I am not here to lie or say what I do not know. I schooled in the state and still keep in touch with my friends, acquaintances and the likes. The lass in the chat complained about the governor spending money on corp members when pensioners are being owed their salaries. Hitherto, I thought they have been paid, but upon reading her messages, they show that they have not been paid. Also, a senior colleague on Facebook corroborated same by complaining on how the governor displays his spendthriftiness whereas his mother has not been paid her gratuity.

I know you are doing your job of PR-tushing for the government, but FYI, not everyone relies on crumbs from the government for survival. Parents of your contemporaries are being owed for their service (35 years!) and all you do is defend the plifers in power.
Re: 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:47pm On Nov 13, 2018
Officialpdpnig:

Fasting is not all about food. Fasting is also when you abstain from what you love doing most e.g looting your states resources.

Will udom the rapscallion stop looting for the period of the fast?

If you are a member of PDP and you still condone these failures and thieves in our party then you need the fast much more than udom the rapscallion does.
If I tear you slap ehn
Re: 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:51pm On Nov 13, 2018
Gerrard59:

For the records, I am not here to lie or say what I do not know. I schooled in the state and still keep in touch with my friends, acquaintances and the likes. The lass in the chat complained about the governor spending money on corp members when pensioners are being owed their salaries. Hitherto, I thought they have been paid, but upon reading her messages, they show that they have not been paid. Also, a senior colleague on Facebook corroborated same by complaining on how the governor displays his spendthriftiness whereas his mother has not been paid her gratuity.

I know you are doing your job of PR-tushing for the government, but FYI, not everyone relies on crumbs from the government for survival. Parents of your contemporaries are being owed for their service (35 years!) and all you do is defend the plifers in power.
Now lemme tell you something...

In Akwa Ibom state, some pensioners pulled out of the pension contributory scheme and cashed out their money prior to Udom administration. Some of these pensioners are same people that are expecting the government of Udom to pay double pension. (Please do a serious research, don't believe what I type)

Now, NO LEGIT pensioner in Akwa Ibom state is owed a penny.
Re: 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by Officialpdpnig: 10:54pm On Nov 13, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

If I tear you slap ehn

For speaking the undiluted truth?

Udom is a rapscallion well know in party circles or are you a learner?

1 Like

Re: 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by bedspread: 11:03pm On Nov 13, 2018
Egein:
State-sponsored religious extremism. Akwa Ibom is a secular state, please.
Akwaibom has a CREATOR!
The people in AkwaIbom Have a CREATOR!
That is GOD ALMIGHTY
Re: 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by Nobody: 11:28pm On Nov 13, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
GOVERNMENT OF AKWA IBOM STATE OF NIGERIA

PRESS RELEASE

AKWA IBOM STATE GOVERNMENT DECLARES A THREE-DAY STATE FASTING

In furtherance of its avowed commitment to maintaining peace and fostering economic prosperity, the Government of Akwa Ibom State has declared a-three day fasting and prayer programme ‪from 15th to 17th November, 2018‬ to usher in the commencement of political campaigns and other political activities for the 2019 general elections.

However, this does not imply any public holiday. In the first two days of the programme, those in public offices and in private business locations, are expected to gather and pray at the close of work to round off the fasting. ‪On Saturday, November 17, 2018‬, everyone who can make it to the Banquet Hall Grounds, Government House, Uyo is invited for the final prayers at an open service ‪at 4pm‬.

The theme of the programme which defies the mere rhetoric of politics is “PEACE BE STILL” (Mark 4:39) and the essence is to collectively pray to God to avert all forms of bloodshed and violence in our State throughout the electioneering period. We would also pray that no matter how the messengers of evil overstretch to rob us of our peaceful environment, God should continue to protect and sustain us. Our last prayer point would be that only ordained God-fearing leaders shall emerge as winners in all elective offices.

The Government of Akwa Ibom State enjoins our spiritual fathers and leaders of faith-based organisations, churches, government offices, markets, farm settlements, schools, motor parks, and indeed every business organization, to encourage their members to participate in this very important three-day programme. Citizens and Residents of Akwa Ibom state; irrespective of political affiliation or religious leaning are also implored to join in the interest of the peace and unity of our dear state.

As a people, we must remain grateful to God Almighty for His ceaseless benevolence and abundance of peace which our beloved State has enjoyed in the past three and a half years. We do not take that for granted. We have toiled, we have travelled around the globe to paint a glorious picture of a new and prosperous Akwa Ibom. Our efforts have been rewarded by the large and continuous influx of investors to our state. The sustenance of this new lease of economic prosperity is hinged on the peace, safety and security within our borders. We believe that politics should not be a platform to roll-out drums of violence and criminality that can destroy all that we have built within the last few years.

The Government of Akwa Ibom State therefore has put in place adequate security measures to ensure a peaceful atmosphere in our state during the forthcoming general elections.

It is Only God that can give us peace in and out of the election period, and we trust that He is always faithful to do it for us.

God bless us all, Akwa Ibom Dakkada.

Charles Udoh
Hon. Commissioner
Ministry of Information & Strategy

November 13, 2018
Idiots.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by Nobodys(f): 11:33pm On Nov 13, 2018
grin Wonders shall never end.....

Religion and Politics, two different social institutions......

chaiiiiii, make I laugh again grin grin grin
Re: 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by Nobodys(f): 11:36pm On Nov 13, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

How do you sleep at night?....

Damn, Killer lies.... how do you tell them with so much boldness..

Kwantinu.... buh remember the word that starts with K and ends with A.....

1 Like

Re: 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by Bayodeyusuf: 12:09am On Nov 14, 2018
Lexus rx300 for sale 650,000, with full option interested buyers should call on 08166269383 for many more exclussive.

PRESS RELEASE

AKWA IBOM STATE GOVERNMENT DECLARES A THREE-DAY STATE FASTING

In furtherance of its avowed commitment to maintaining peace and fostering economic prosperity, the Government of Akwa Ibom State has declared a-three day fasting and prayer programme ‪from 15th to 17th November, 2018‬ to usher in the commencement of political campaigns and other political activities for the 2019 general elections.

However, this does not imply any public holiday. In the first two days of the programme, those in public offices and in private business locations, are expected to gather and pray at the close of work to round off the fasting. ‪On Saturday, November 17, 2018‬, everyone who can make it to the Banquet Hall Grounds, Government House, Uyo is invited for the final prayers at an open service ‪at 4pm‬.

The theme of the programme which defies the mere rhetoric of politics is “PEACE BE STILL” (Mark 4:39) and the essence is to collectively pray to God to avert all forms of bloodshed and violence in our State throughout the electioneering period. We would also pray that no matter how the messengers of evil overstretch to rob us of our peaceful environment, God should continue to protect and sustain us. Our last prayer point would be that only ordained God-fearing leaders shall emerge as winners in all elective offices.

The Government of Akwa Ibom State enjoins our spiritual fathers and leaders of faith-based organisations, churches, government offices, markets, farm settlements, schools, motor parks, and indeed every business organization, to encourage their members to participate in this very important three-day programme. Citizens and Residents of Akwa Ibom state; irrespective of political affiliation or religious leaning are also implored to join in the interest of the peace and unity of our dear state.

As a people, we must remain grateful to God Almighty for His ceaseless benevolence and abundance of peace which our beloved State has enjoyed in the past three and a half years. We do not take that for granted. We have toiled, we have travelled around the g
Re: 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by lakesider(m): 12:42am On Nov 14, 2018
Newyork economy is 10tines greater than that of Nigeria.. They did nt get there by fasting
Re: 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by Dollabiz: 1:19am On Nov 14, 2018
smiley
Re: 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by blesssingtime(m): 3:28am On Nov 14, 2018
State-sponsored religious extremism. Akwa Ibom is a secular state, please

1 Like

Re: 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by Pat081: 4:37am On Nov 14, 2018
HappyNigerian:
Udom till 2023
u better dnt gv him 2nd term go to osun state or any other states and see what dey use to do with dia 2nd term
Re: 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by Ikpongiton: 5:08am On Nov 14, 2018
With God all things are possible
Re: 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by Afonja007: 5:26am On Nov 14, 2018
MrAJQ:
The guy see say everything is turning against him, he quickly declare three days fasting. I can't stop laughing.

If El-Rufai should declare one day fasting in Kaduna, the whole Nigeria will hear. They will be shouting Religious bigotry.

if Christians in the south are killing Muslim the way Muslim in the north are killing Christians there eont 've one Nigeria again,Nigeria would disintegrate one day not by bullet but by actions on northern Muslim just watch and see ,
Re: 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by badman007(m): 6:27am On Nov 14, 2018
Do not mix government with religion.. It's a No No in 2019
Re: 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by zues667: 8:13am On Nov 14, 2018
funny
Re: 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by gabbasin(m): 8:27am On Nov 14, 2018
We are living in a fools paradise, religion has been used to manipulate us since time immemorial, fasting to usher in a peaceful campaign season when the proponents are the one to unleash thugs on their opponents
Re: 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by noziepeter11: 8:57am On Nov 14, 2018
nice one
Re: 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by harbjar(m): 9:01am On Nov 14, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
Udom is a Deacon, he believe in the superiority of God.

Akwa Abasi Ibom is God's own state, dedicating the state to God is not out of place.
Moreso, Akwa Ibomites are 100% Christians so there is no religious bigotry here.

Meanwhile, Akwa Ibom is 100% Udom and PDP
Lol... So you mean you haven't met Akwa Ibom Muslims or traditional worshippers...
Re: 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by Gerrard59(m): 9:18am On Nov 14, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Now lemme tell you something...

In Akwa Ibom state, some pensioners pulled out of the pension contributory scheme and cashed out their money prior to Udom administration. Some of these pensioners are same people that are expecting the government of Udom to pay double pension. (Please do a serious research, don't believe what I type)

Now, NO LEGIT pensioner in Akwa Ibom state is owed a penny.

I've done my research and what you said is correct.

Apologies.
Re: 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by Gerrard59(m): 9:21am On Nov 14, 2018
harbjar:

Lol... So you mean you haven't met Akwa Ibom Muslims or traditional worshippers...

Rarity. As for traditional worshippers, they are Christians by day and Tw by night. And the majority are dupers.
Re: 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by Nobody: 9:37am On Nov 14, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:
Lol Africa and Religion.

They should be mourning on how their governors have plundered their wealth

Welcome back
Re: 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by Themandator: 9:55am On Nov 14, 2018
Though I am not from the state and doesn't live there, I am most likely to join them.

ibibiofirstlady:
Akwa Ibom state is God's own state. I will join the fast
Re: 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by antojack: 12:03pm On Nov 14, 2018
MrAJQ:

did u buy ur sense in d market or u get it for free
Re: 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting by MrAJQ(m): 12:47pm On Nov 14, 2018
antojack:
did u buy ur sense in d market or u get it for free
The children gutter.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Big Oil-Refining Revamp Gets Off To A Slow Start / Governor Emmanuel Visits, Donates To Families Of Deceased Police Officers / 2023: Revisiting Jonathan’s Transformation Agenda By Oladipo Akande

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.