Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,027 members, 7,886,886 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 04:36 PM

How White Zimbabwean Farmers Are Revolutionising Poultry Production In Kwara - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How White Zimbabwean Farmers Are Revolutionising Poultry Production In Kwara (7923 Views)

Ajaokuta, Delta Steel Company To Begin Production In 2015, Says Official / Dangote Refinery To Start Production In 2018 / Poultry Production Shoots Up 20% In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How White Zimbabwean Farmers Are Revolutionising Poultry Production In Kwara by kehneah: 10:24am On Jul 30, 2010
and to think i was initially posted here for y nysc, shonga,omo that place is unlivable
Re: How White Zimbabwean Farmers Are Revolutionising Poultry Production In Kwara by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jul 30, 2010
hi farmers, i have got good news for those of you that have various forms of agriculture out there. we just bought into the country a special kind of fertilizer that is organic in nature and works on both plants and live stocks,fish and ruminants.its very economical,you can also use it to revive a dead plant and also enrich an existing plant.it produces higher and bigger yields and you can use just a little quantity of it to service a whole ecar of land and still ve lot more left for the next farming season.its not like the regular type of fertilizer we use here which is both chemical in nature and do have a lot of political undertakings before you can have access to it.with us you can have these fertilizer at anytime you want it and you will surely be surprised with the outcome.its just magical.
for enquiries call 08182018736 or 08139035731
email :vubacosms@yahoo.com
Re: How White Zimbabwean Farmers Are Revolutionising Poultry Production In Kwara by ikeyman00(m): 11:56pm On Aug 08, 2010
@@@@@@@@@

we dnt need no bloody white farmarers

when we are ready to face the truth yall let me know

foolish people
Re: How White Zimbabwean Farmers Are Revolutionising Poultry Production In Kwara by Busybody2(f): 5:49am On Aug 09, 2010
^^^

lolz, no mind dem, see how they hastily mobilized and facilitated resources to those white farmers, something they will never render to fellow blacks like them undecided thats how they start lipsrsealed
Re: How White Zimbabwean Farmers Are Revolutionising Poultry Production In Kwara by Fhemmmy: 1:59pm On Aug 11, 2010
This is great, however, if Nigerian farmers are given same opportunities, unemployment could be curbed a little
Re: How White Zimbabwean Farmers Are Revolutionising Poultry Production In Kwara by unclekala: 3:10pm On Aug 13, 2010
Does anybody know how to reach this people.I'm into fish farming but i'm trying to enter the poultry sector.I heard this people have a breed of chicken that grows to maturity in 35-40days.I read it in one of the dailies some time ago.
Re: How White Zimbabwean Farmers Are Revolutionising Poultry Production In Kwara by donobi(m): 5:33pm On Aug 23, 2010
guy i like what obj and saraki did.
But i ve a land which is up to one hectare and i ill like to go into farming, especially poultry.
can anyone link me to anybody that we can partner and me link to those white farmers. especting reply.
Re: How White Zimbabwean Farmers Are Revolutionising Poultry Production In Kwara by unclekala: 1:25pm On Aug 24, 2010
I have access to even more than that area of land.reaching them is the wahala
Re: How White Zimbabwean Farmers Are Revolutionising Poultry Production In Kwara by donobi(m): 4:21pm On Aug 24, 2010
i ve a plot of land that is up to one hectare, how can i reach those white zimbaweans so that we can partner.
someone should sen an email to me on how to reach them through this email(austelright@yahoo.com).
Re: How White Zimbabwean Farmers Are Revolutionising Poultry Production In Kwara by Bentola: 2:43pm On Aug 31, 2010
There are millions of question raised by one informed Nairalander that no one is interested in answering. I guess that's another nigerian factor. We have seen media report of what has been done in Kwara state to our astonishment. Some of these are possible with our own people too as OFN farm in Otta has proven.

But there are few issues that are totally neglected now or seems irrelevant. One is, when will the reason why these white farmers from Zimbabwe start politicking? Are all laws, rules and regulations in place in such a way that we will not sell the conscience of our nation to these foreigners who always subtly enter into our country with carrots and after they are fully accepted, they bring out their canes. Remember as many of us had put it, they are our masters, may be you think in good ways but they are also evil geniuses. Remember the Lebanese, Koreans, even the Ghanaians, and most recently, the Sudanese in the North. All of these people have their hidden agenda that are usually not revealed until we are cut in the web. Most us in the diaspora will tell you, you can eat with long spoons when dining with the devil. But when dining with the whiteman, my brother, use your hand. Proverbs says when eating with the kings consider what is placed in your front; Consider the chicken and milk that is put on you table now.

These people are getting this support from the government because they would have the government's hand in it before accepting the offer to come to Nigeria, after all, No european will trust Nigerians.
Let us therefore do the same to them: DO NOT TRUST THEM. If Mugabe had known this before, He would not sold his people to them and after he finished spending the proceed, they deny decency. The so called Pickwick, English blended tea is from the soil of Zimbabwe or those of you in England you have seen the Pickwick plantation in the UK?
Re: How White Zimbabwean Farmers Are Revolutionising Poultry Production In Kwara by omobadan(m): 7:40pm On Sep 07, 2010
@Bentola, Busy_body, ikeyman00: I quite understand your concerns. But the truth at this present time is those white Zimbabweans have done well. On the matter of trust, we surely have to be wary of anybody doing business in Nigeria. So, it's up to our government to check that these foreign businesses doesn't short changed Nigeria and Nigerians. We can't stop foreigners from coming to invest but we can try and protect our own people. Most people on here were commending the work these white farmers had done because we don't see much of it in Naija. They did it in the space of 3 to 4 years if I'm correct. It should be an encouraging achievement. We can learn from it. The problem with us is we aren't using the full potential of that country. Someone from outside the country always come and show us what we don't see. It's easy to fault people in Nigeria when one is based outside the country. But what we don't realise is an hungry man doesn't buy into sentiments. All he cares about, is his survival and that of his immediate family.
Re: How White Zimbabwean Farmers Are Revolutionising Poultry Production In Kwara by homerac7: 12:02pm On Sep 13, 2010
i think those people wanting improved breeds of chicken should visit IAR&T in ibadan. they used to hav exotic animal and plants breed programs whc i strongly guess to still b ongoing. and the good thing is dt they r open to everyone with professional guides.
Re: How White Zimbabwean Farmers Are Revolutionising Poultry Production In Kwara by DisGuy: 4:54pm On Feb 12, 2011
Re: How White Zimbabwean Farmers Are Revolutionising Poultry Production In Kwara by Sagewood: 10:31pm On Apr 16, 2011
homerac7:

Mechanization my behind, like that same mechanization is so clandestine that it is unavailable to local farmers. The same resources and mechanization available to the white farmers are available to local farmers, but first, many locals don't want to farm, for they think farming is not profitable. Second, even if the locals decide to farm, many local farmers have a get rich quick mentality and a lazy attitude rather than being patient. Mental laziness is another factor.

my dear prince

i am just frozen at your inflexibly misguided response! hw can u improve agriculture wtout mechanization? hw much of agricultural mechanization is practiced by majority of our farmers? r u even aware of d major challenges of agriculture in nigeria at all? do u know y obasanjo and yar'adua pushed so much for a new land reform law until d yar'adua's recent death? do u know of any successful agriculture economy dt is still crude as ours? do u even know dt only abt 3 per cent of US population r farmers, yet they r agricultural giants? wld u say dts because dey r peasant farmers? do u know hw extensively mechanized has agriculture gone in france, israel, britain, india, canada, brazil and every advanced economy? do u knw d effect of activ and effectiv mechanized agric on a nation's economy? hav u ever travelled out of your southern (most probably south eastern whc incidentally i am also from) comfort zone to c how more involvd other people r with in agriculture? do u think d vast norther expanse of land is fallow? which of d north-south divide do u thnk feeds d other? do u know d major occupation of northern youths (north includin mid-belt)? hw much do u thnk u knw abt d nigerian agricultural system holistically? did u say mechanizzation is available to our local farmers? do u know what farm mechanization entails? do u knw y the locals thnk farmin is unprofitable? will u say d same 'unprofitable' farming built our early and glorious national infastructures? hw well do u knw wht makes your very neighbour tick b4 u 'rushd' to call him lazy? can u pls define mental laziness as u used it? r your answers to these questions based on firsthand comprehensive knowledge or coloured report by some poorly informed fellow? r your answers sentimental or truly unbiased fact based?

my broda, i await your response b4 i talk more

Well said my man!

(1) (2) (Reply)

No More MTN Free Night Calls? / World Bank Reports Expansion In Nigerian Manufacturing Sector / Various Nigerian Crude Oil And Their Specifications

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.