Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,993 members, 7,949,351 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 07:25 AM

Woman Has Two Wombs And Pregnant In Both! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Woman Has Two Wombs And Pregnant In Both! (1017 Views)

One Month Old Baby Girl Found Pregnant In Saudi Arabia. / I Am Hiv-positive And Pregnant. Will My Baby Be Born With Hiv? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Has Two Wombs And Pregnant In Both! by blank(f): 8:18pm On Jul 23, 2010
Lauren Frayer
Contributor

AOL News (July 17) -- A Utah woman is pregnant with two babies, but they're not twins.

Angie Cromar was born with a rare condition called didelphys, which means she has two uteruses. It didn't pose a problem for her previous pregnancies, and the 34-year-old has given birth to two healthy children before.

But this time, she's conceived in both uteruses. During her first ultrasound exam, Cromar and her doctor discovered that she's carrying two fetuses at different stages of development, one slightly older than the other.

"[He said] I'm five weeks and four days in one, and six weeks and one day in the other," Cromar told her local TV station, KTLA.

"Angie and I both had the look of surprise," Dr. Steve Terry, Cromar's OB/GYN told another Utah TV station, KSL.

The chances of this happening are estimated to be one in five million. "Probably less than 100, so far, worldwide, have been reported," Terry said. "So she's a member of a small, elite club."

Cromar herself is a labor and delivery nurse, and knows the complications her condition can bring: chances of pre-term labor and low birth weight.

"Oh, I'm a little nervous, just because I know what can happen, but I'm really excited," she told KSL.

http://www.aolnews.com/weird-news/article/utah-woman-pregnant-with-2-babies-due-a-week-apart/19558233
Re: Woman Has Two Wombs And Pregnant In Both! by dominique(f): 8:43pm On Jul 23, 2010
amazing!!! i suppose she'll give birth to them as twins.
Re: Woman Has Two Wombs And Pregnant In Both! by ice234: 3:28am On Jul 26, 2010
mutation
Re: Woman Has Two Wombs And Pregnant In Both! by agathamari(f): 6:29pm On Jul 26, 2010
dominique:

amazing!!! i suppose she'll give birth to them as twins.
not always but more often then not they will be born at the same time
Re: Woman Has Two Wombs And Pregnant In Both! by blank(f): 10:24am On Jul 27, 2010
Even though the kids are one week apart (meaning they are not twins), the lady would av to av CS to give birth.

(1) (Reply)

I Was Embarrased / A 15year Old Girl's Menses Seizes / Effective Peptic Ulcer Treatments For Quick Pain Relief

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.