Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,833 members, 7,935,611 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 12:18 PM

2019: Buhari Launches Unity Band, Peaches Peace - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Buhari Launches Unity Band, Peaches Peace (693 Views)

Pictures From 2019 Buhari's Rally In Anambra, Yet He Couldn't 10% Votes / 2019: Buhari Is A Dictator, We’ll Not Keep Quiet – Amaechi / 2019: Buhari Will Definitely Lose In Kano, Kwankwaso Replies Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: Buhari Launches Unity Band, Peaches Peace by AlofeAyomoses: 9:15pm On Nov 15, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari has launched the “Unity Band” which is aimed at keeping Nigerians united ahead of the 2019 general elections.

The President made the launching on Thursday at an event organised by the Good Governance Ambassadors of Nigeria (GOGAN), in Abuja.

He wants Nigerians to wear the wristband as a sign of resolve to stop the violence that occurred in previous elections.

He said, “By the grace of God, we shall remain strong and united, our country has passed through difficult times, on occasions threatening the foundations of our unity, but with the help of God, we have always emerged from each crisis stronger.

“There is no doubt that we still have pockets of issues that question our unity, but we are convinced that, with the determination of all Nigerians, we shall remain strong and united.

“The Buhari Unity Band is a visual and token symbol of our resolve to live in unity as one and to preach the message of unity wherever we live”.

The launch of the wristbands comes three days to the kick off of the campaigns of the 2019 elections which the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) fixed for November 18, 2018

Re: 2019: Buhari Launches Unity Band, Peaches Peace by Oladipupo33(m): 9:45pm On Nov 15, 2018
May Allah bless pmb. ..he is doing wonderful well
Re: 2019: Buhari Launches Unity Band, Peaches Peace by Racoon(m): 9:49pm On Nov 15, 2018
A bigot, clannish and nepotic goverent playing the unity band/card only when election is here.Meanwhile the government is only of the core north, by the north and for the north.Thou shall only continue to fool yourself and your band of herded zombies.

4 Likes

Re: 2019: Buhari Launches Unity Band, Peaches Peace by magoo10(m): 9:55pm On Nov 15, 2018
Display of irony
What has nepotism and bigotry got to do with unity.

3 Likes

Re: 2019: Buhari Launches Unity Band, Peaches Peace by IPOBrep: 9:55pm On Nov 15, 2018
from france

1 Like

Re: 2019: Buhari Launches Unity Band, Peaches Peace by cdqyehyeh(m): 10:08pm On Nov 15, 2018
United Nigeria will surely remain in spite of all odds we will never be broken.
Re: 2019: Buhari Launches Unity Band, Peaches Peace by alsudan: 10:09pm On Nov 15, 2018
The dullard and confusion are inseparable. How can the most divisive President in Nigeria's history be posing with a "Unity" band? No wonder some consider him dead, yet he's still acting Alive in the form of Jubrin.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Buhari Launches Unity Band, Peaches Peace by Nobody: 10:13pm On Nov 15, 2018
Jubrin onye sudan

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Buhari Launches Unity Band, Peaches Peace by MXrep: 10:13pm On Nov 15, 2018
Too late for him to preach unity. He has already done too much damage.

3 Likes

Re: 2019: Buhari Launches Unity Band, Peaches Peace by Susu888(m): 11:07pm On Nov 15, 2018
Well done sir cool. Sai Baba
Re: 2019: Buhari Launches Unity Band, Peaches Peace by gurunlocker: 11:11pm On Nov 15, 2018
Nigeria unity is much more than wasting money to create hand band.... You have to create policies that will unite the nation, not this rubbish.

Who hand band help?

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Buhari Launches Unity Band, Peaches Peace by Gandollar(f): 8:53am On Nov 16, 2018
gurunlocker:
Nigeria unity is much more than wasting money to create hand band.... You have to create policies that will unite the nation, not this rubbish.

Who hand band help?
I wonder o, after destroying the existing fragile unity with his divisive comments and actions. Just another avenue to loot our Commonwealth.
Re: 2019: Buhari Launches Unity Band, Peaches Peace by Nobody: 8:56am On Nov 16, 2018
He should give it to all his security chiefs to put on.

What an ethnic bigot ! Nonsense !!
Re: 2019: Buhari Launches Unity Band, Peaches Peace by argon500: 8:57am On Nov 16, 2018
Hope it is not a wrist band to identify who to attack or not after the election.

Just thinking out loud. I don't trust our politicians

We all saw the magic of an handkerchief in Osun's election

1 Like

Re: 2019: Buhari Launches Unity Band, Peaches Peace by Magalan: 9:14am On Nov 16, 2018
Like the fellow above said, hope its not an election discrimination band?...

"He who posseses the band shall vote and he who does not shall be prevented from getting to the venue"
Re: 2019: Buhari Launches Unity Band, Peaches Peace by Mace0lane: 10:32am On Nov 16, 2018
Gandollar:
I wonder o, after destroying the existing fragile unity with his divisive comments and actions. Just another avenue to loot our Commonwealth.
Your commonwealth is with Biafra
Re: 2019: Buhari Launches Unity Band, Peaches Peace by Denton027: 10:35am On Nov 16, 2018
Unity peace for his band of fellow cattle rearing idiots /bigots, and his bandwagoning followers from the South wa.ste.
Re: 2019: Buhari Launches Unity Band, Peaches Peace by MrMurphy: 12:20pm On Nov 16, 2018
God bless PMB for this initiative and I urged all the stakeholders to embrace peaceful coexistence in all the regions in this nation. God bless Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

My Transition Hour: Why I Called And Congratulated Buhari Before Results Declara / Photographs Of My Mock Coffin Traumatised My, Say GEJ / 34 Suspected Members Of IPOB Arrested Over Death Of Police Inspector

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.