Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,763 members, 7,935,270 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 05:29 AM

Why Do Must Programmers End Up Teaching - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Why Do Must Programmers End Up Teaching (1544 Views)

Why You Hardly See Nigerians Teaching About Coding On Social Media. / Interested In Teaching Yourself Programming? file on link / See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Must Programmers End Up Teaching by tgmservice: 1:12pm On Nov 16, 2018
I know a couple of programming friends who are extremely good.

But at some time they will end up opening tutorial centers, though they still carry out complex web projects for clients.

But tutorial centers are the main source of their income
Re: Why Do Must Programmers End Up Teaching by HallaDaTruth: 1:32pm On Nov 16, 2018
Re: Why Do Must Programmers End Up Teaching by tgmservice: 1:59pm On Nov 16, 2018
Re: Why Do Must Programmers End Up Teaching by edekiphilip(m): 5:35pm On Nov 16, 2018
tgmservice:
I know a couple of programming friends who are extremely good.

But at some time they will end up opening tutorial centers, though they still carry out complex web projects for clients.

But tutorial centers are the main source of their income
Maybe bcoz they know how to programme but they don't know what to programme

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Must Programmers End Up Teaching by Xsem(m): 7:21pm On Nov 16, 2018
They lack creativity and imagination prowess

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Must Programmers End Up Teaching by MrPepple: 9:05pm On Nov 16, 2018
Thanks a lot
Re: Why Do Must Programmers End Up Teaching by tgmservice: 8:55am On Nov 17, 2018
Xsem:
They lack creativity and imagination prowess
i dont think so
Re: Why Do Must Programmers End Up Teaching by Xsem(m): 9:59am On Nov 17, 2018
tgmservice:
i dont think so

So what then is your own resolution as regards the posited question?
Re: Why Do Must Programmers End Up Teaching by Kamxin(m): 10:14am On Nov 17, 2018
Tutorial center for jamb & WAEC or for programming
Re: Why Do Must Programmers End Up Teaching by ensodev(m): 11:16am On Nov 17, 2018
Well. No matter what you know untill you are able to teach others your might not know how much you know...most time you start realising how much you dont now.
As you tech you start getting better. In the process of washing a cloth you are also washing you hands.
Those that you think the are good at programming, you never knew what they think about themselve within. some knows they are not as good and some knows they are good and need to be better.
You cant teach without having passion for it, some programmer tap knowledge by reading and learning from better programmer than them.then what do you expect from such person...they have to pass the knowledge over.
To think is a lack of creativity or inability to invent is the major reason then you could be wrong 99% .
90% percent of good programmers love to teach and increase the number of people they could relate with. That is one of the major reasons for OPEN SOURCE.
As a matter of fact until you start teching as a programner you cant actually claim to be one.
No successful program from a programmer that has never learnt from one programner or a platform.
IF THE WORLD OF TEACHING FREEZE THE WORLD OF KNOWLEDGE DIES. I leave you to imagine what the world will look like.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Must Programmers End Up Teaching by PenileFitness: 9:49pm On Nov 17, 2018
It means they are not getting enough freelance jobs.
Re: Why Do Must Programmers End Up Teaching by Lordnewton1(m): 10:46pm On Nov 17, 2018
Knowledge of the industry.
Case 1: The ones who end up teaching in order to earn a living or as a major source of their income don't really know how the industry works and how to make money from it.

Continuous learning.
Case 2: The ones who end up teaching gave up on programming. They stopped learning. They couldn't keep up. They got stuck and can't compete or get jobs cause what they 'know' (say old technologies) is irrelevant in the job market. hence the only fall back is to pass the knowledge they know to earn a living at least.

The unemployment rate for programmers that are standard and really good is almost 0%.
Tech is woven into the fabric of any industry you can think of. Certificate is just a plus the crux is if he/she can gets the job done.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Must Programmers End Up Teaching by sparkle6(m): 11:22pm On Nov 17, 2018
Just read through the comments up there and yes i argree with the guy who said a thing of lacking creativity.
I surport with the following.
1. Most Naija programmers learnt by step by step youtube tutorials and by so doing they only master the language the way the online teacher teaches.
Eg I watch up a tutorial on how to make a website with php after being through with that and maybe a client request for a forum instead they start running around because what they learnt was mainly how to build a dynamic website.
Thats why its necessary to know a lang to its roots not just scratching the surface and boom! Hey guys am a web developer check my siggy.
If you know a language very well applying it to another development sector will be easy as pie. But No!! Nobody wants to apply patience and go through the programming language docs and functions.
2. Selfishness of the developer. Most naija programmers have this ' I dont want anyone to steal my idea ' syndrome but lack the skills to implement such idea.
Why not pay someone who have the skills to do it for you. Still Noway! They want to hold the yam and also hold the knife. They want to be the developer, the tester, the architect, the surveyor, the mason and the treasurer.
3. Lack of Brainstorm and Algorithmic thinking.
The sole purpose of programming is to serve as a tool to solve a problem not the other way round.
Why solving a problem that has an answer already? Why not look around you and check for things that needs automation. Thats why reading a Computer science course is quite important whether university or online.
How many new invented web apps has Nigeria? Nothing. We just rushing to build websites that a 5yr old american can do.
We want an easy walk in the park.
4. Excessive independency.
Everyone wants to build a startup company and answer the boss. But a friend of yours is also techy savvy. Why not invite him over?
Even Bill Gates had Paul allen who got his back.
We just want to be the Ceo of Microhard all by ourselves.
5. Lack of Resources.
At times we lack stable electrity or insufficient funds esp for those into Ai branch.
6. Lack of vision and Futuristic predictory sense.
Internet was a futuristic idea until someone made it. OS with Gui was futurustic until someone made it.
But here in Nigeria we all shy away from problems and blockage.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Must Programmers End Up Teaching by ensodev(m): 12:19pm On Nov 18, 2018
sparkle6:
Just read through the comments up there and yes i argree with the guy who said a thing of lacking creativity.
I surport with the following.
1. Most Naija programmers learnt by step by step youtube tutorials and by so doing they only master the language the way the online teacher teaches.
Eg I watch up a tutorial on how to make a website with php after being through with that and maybe a client request for a forum instead they start running around because what they learnt was mainly how to build a dynamic website.
Thats why its necessary to know a lang to its roots not just scratching the surface and boom! Hey guys am a web developer check my siggy.
If you know a language very well applying it to another development sector will be easy as pie. But No!! Nobody wants to apply patience and go through the programming language docs and functions.
2. Selfishness of the developer. Most naija programmers have this ' I dont want anyone to steal my idea ' syndrome but lack the skills to implement such idea.
Why not pay someone who have the skills to do it for you. Still Noway! They want to hold the yam and also hold the knife. They want to be the developer, the tester, the architect, the surveyor, the mason and the treasurer.
3. Lack of Brainstorm and Algorithmic thinking.
The sole purpose of programming is to serve as a tool to solve a problem not the other way round.
Why solving a problem that has an answer already? Why not look around you and check for things that needs automation. Thats why reading a Computer science course is quite important whether university or online.
How many new invented web apps has Nigeria? Nothing. We just rushing to build websites that a 5yr old american can do.
We want an easy walk in the park.
4. Excessive independency.
Everyone wants to build a startup company and answer the boss. But a friend of yours is also techy savvy. Why not invite him over?
Even Bill Gates had Paul allen who got his back.
We just want to be the Ceo of Microhard all by ourselves.
5. Lack of Resources.
At times we lack stable electrity or insufficient funds esp for those into Ai branch.
6. Lack of vision and Futuristic predictory sense.
Internet was a futuristic idea until someone made it. OS with Gui was futurustic until someone made it.
But here in Nigeria we all shy away from problems and blockage.

Deep and striaght. Yet passion to teach and help others is in most developers, But when it now comes down to MAJORITY trying to make ends meat from it then its lack of cteativity.

Another thing in here is not only in Nigeria you see people doing this its happening everywhere. How many nigerians get programming channels on youtube?
You surely have a point.
Re: Why Do Must Programmers End Up Teaching by Hibrahym: 8:38pm On Nov 24, 2018
"Why Do Most* Programmers I Know End Up Teaching".
FTFY

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Frontpage Hurts My Eyes / Tech Team Needed.... / How Do I Attach My Ajax Toolkit With Visual Studio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.