Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,746 members, 7,889,403 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 11:26 AM

I’ve Ordered EFCC To Ensure Recovered Funds Don’t Get Back To Looters -Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ve Ordered EFCC To Ensure Recovered Funds Don’t Get Back To Looters -Buhari (686 Views)

Supreme Court Ordered EFCC To Return ₦9bn To Dauda Lawal In 2021 / 36 State Attorneys-General Sue Malami Over Recovered Funds’ Remittance / Senator Shehu Sani react to Atiku claim to give amnesty to looters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ve Ordered EFCC To Ensure Recovered Funds Don’t Get Back To Looters -Buhari by nimisola: 4:33pm On Nov 16, 2018
Nigeria’s President, Muhammadu Buhari on Friday said he had ordered the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, to ensure that monies recovered from looters do not find their way back to the looters.

He also said fighting corruption took longer time, especially with the need to adhere to the rule of law.

Buhari spoke when he received members of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), led by its President, Dr Samson Ayokunle, at the State House in Abuja.

The President disclosed what he told the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to do with monies recovered from alleged looters in the country.

“It is on record that some cases initiated by the anti-graft bodies since 2003 are yet to be concluded,” he said, adding, “We will, however, not be discouraged.”

“Where monies have been recovered, such monies will not find their way back to the looters as I have directed EFCC to account for every money it has recovered and put them in a dedicated account.”

President Buhari said his vision and objectives for Nigeria were very clear and that he was already on course to achieve them.

He also stressed that he was doing his best to fulfil his electoral promises of securing the country, fighting corruption and resuscitating the economy.

Responding to the request of CAN for an overhaul of the intelligence gathering system, the President said the burden of intelligence gathering involves everyone.

According to him, those directly involved include district heads, traditional rulers, opinion leaders and religious leaders who are very close to the grassroots.

President Buhari, who decried that the bandits operating in various communities live among the people, urged the leaders of thought in various communities to avail security agencies with information about the criminals.

On the general elections in 2019, he told the Christian leaders that he had assurances from the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) that the polls would be free and fair, noting that he has been a victim of ‘fraudulent elections’ and beneficiary of a free and fair election in the past.

“When I decided to put on this Agbada to see what the people are seeing in it, I tried three times, 2003, 2007 and 2011, but the fourth time, in 2015, I succeeded,” he was quoted as saying in a statement by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr Femi Adesina.

“We thank God and technology in the form of Permanent Voter’s Cards (PVCs) and card reader because what they used to do was to look at constituencies, award the votes and then they will say whoever didn’t agree should go to court.

“When people are looking for what to eat, where do they have the money to go to court to pay the SANs?” President Buhari wondered.

According to Channels Tv, Buhari informed the CAN delegation that the Federal Government was working towards finding a lasting solution to the clashes between farmers and herders in the country.

SOURCE: http://www.nigerianeye.com/2018/11/ive-ordered-efcc-to-ensure-funds.html
Re: I’ve Ordered EFCC To Ensure Recovered Funds Don’t Get Back To Looters -Buhari by ehhmah(m): 4:37pm On Nov 16, 2018
grin
Re: I’ve Ordered EFCC To Ensure Recovered Funds Don’t Get Back To Looters -Buhari by SteadyCoiner(m): 4:38pm On Nov 16, 2018
���
Re: I’ve Ordered EFCC To Ensure Recovered Funds Don’t Get Back To Looters -Buhari by SarkinYarki: 4:39pm On Nov 16, 2018
This dullard never gets anything in his kunu laden brain, Buhari ist not your call to order forfeiture it's the function of competent courts of law after all facts must have been meticulously examined with sentiment or vendetta

1 Like

Re: I’ve Ordered EFCC To Ensure Recovered Funds Don’t Get Back To Looters -Buhari by KwoiZabo(m): 4:43pm On Nov 16, 2018
He went for Paris Peace Forum and those that saw him Speak (because me I no see am) said he was talking about corruption. He knows nothing but corruption meanwhile his administration is the most corrupt govt. in the country's history.

Imagine China donated 160,000 bags of rice (160,000 X 15,000naira = 2.4billion naira) and they spent 5.6 billion on rebagging, clearing, demur age, logistics in addition to normal salary of Osinbade and NEMA yet the rice did not get to the IDPs. That money will buy twice the qty of rice donated by china on the streets of Maiduguri. yet some people want this govt to remain in power. A government that is a combination of gross incompetence and monumental corruption.

3 Likes

Re: I’ve Ordered EFCC To Ensure Recovered Funds Don’t Get Back To Looters -Buhari by Racoon(m): 4:44pm On Nov 16, 2018
Stupid clown! angry angry Guess it includes the Ganduje dollars? Meanwhile where are the ones that have been recovered before that your government have been borrowing just to service debts?

Guess it's now the turn of the officials of the APC regime to loot,reloot and plunder whatsoever is on ground going by the sleezy & putrifying corruption being uncovered in this regime since inception till date.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’ve Ordered EFCC To Ensure Recovered Funds Don’t Get Back To Looters -Buhari by balanceofterror1(m): 4:45pm On Nov 16, 2018
What of the one with Gandollar?

3 Likes

Re: I’ve Ordered EFCC To Ensure Recovered Funds Don’t Get Back To Looters -Buhari by Nobody: 4:46pm On Nov 16, 2018
Racoon:
Stupid clown! angry angry Meanwhile it's now the turn of the officials of the APC regime to loot,reloot and plunder whatsoever is on ground going by the sleezy & putrifying corruption being uncovered in this regime since inception till date.

Re: I’ve Ordered EFCC To Ensure Recovered Funds Don’t Get Back To Looters -Buhari by ADGENIUS: 4:46pm On Nov 16, 2018
Dear Nairalanders, Please do me good by assisting me with #5,000 to treat a sickness. UNION BANK 0065220299 THANK YOU!
Re: I’ve Ordered EFCC To Ensure Recovered Funds Don’t Get Back To Looters -Buhari by Nobody: 4:46pm On Nov 16, 2018
This man should be hang

1 Like

Re: I’ve Ordered EFCC To Ensure Recovered Funds Don’t Get Back To Looters -Buhari by kapelvej: 4:47pm On Nov 16, 2018
Now I believe the man is sick

1 Like

Re: I’ve Ordered EFCC To Ensure Recovered Funds Don’t Get Back To Looters -Buhari by Nobody: 4:48pm On Nov 16, 2018
ADGENIUS:
Dear Nairalanders,
Please do me good by assisting me with #5,000 to treat a sickness.
UNION BANK
THANK YOU!
na everytime una dey sick

1 Like

Re: I’ve Ordered EFCC To Ensure Recovered Funds Don’t Get Back To Looters -Buhari by beeblack: 4:52pm On Nov 16, 2018
why Mr buhari didn't allow liar Muhammed to address this issue by adding Maggi, onion, salt to make it sweeter

1 Like

Re: I’ve Ordered EFCC To Ensure Recovered Funds Don’t Get Back To Looters -Buhari by SarkinYarki: 4:56pm On Nov 16, 2018
beeblack:
why Mr buhari didn't allow liar Muhammed to address this issue by adding Maggi, onion, salt to make it sweeter

Liar Mmuhamad is rebooting ohh for faster lies grin

1 Like

Re: I’ve Ordered EFCC To Ensure Recovered Funds Don’t Get Back To Looters -Buhari by ADGENIUS: 5:05pm On Nov 16, 2018
SeunIsBloody:
na everytime una dey sick

IGNORED
Re: I’ve Ordered EFCC To Ensure Recovered Funds Don’t Get Back To Looters -Buhari by Nobody: 5:10pm On Nov 16, 2018
ADGENIUS:

IGNORED

Re: I’ve Ordered EFCC To Ensure Recovered Funds Don’t Get Back To Looters -Buhari by Gandollar(f): 5:21pm On Nov 16, 2018
SarkinYarki:
This dullard never gets anything in his kunu laden brain, Buhari ist not your call to order forfeiture it's the function of competent courts of law after all facts must have been meticulously examined with sentiment or vendetta
As in ehn... The guy is so disgusting! Always talking off-pointedly. Suppose this guy is actually jubrin?? angry

1 Like

Re: I’ve Ordered EFCC To Ensure Recovered Funds Don’t Get Back To Looters -Buhari by Xisnin(m): 6:00pm On Nov 16, 2018
I have ordered ... I have ordered ...
Real life is more complex than a military formation.
Buhari can't order his way to success, he needs real plans which he lacks.
Re: I’ve Ordered EFCC To Ensure Recovered Funds Don’t Get Back To Looters -Buhari by AZeD1(m): 6:13pm On Nov 16, 2018
Xisnin:
I have ordered ... I have ordered ...
Real life is more complex than a military formation.
Buhari can't order his way to success, he needs real plans which he lacks.

One bottle for you.
Re: I’ve Ordered EFCC To Ensure Recovered Funds Don’t Get Back To Looters -Buhari by buhariguy(m): 6:42pm On Nov 16, 2018
Buhari don't have rival,
It is crystal clear till 2023.
Re: I’ve Ordered EFCC To Ensure Recovered Funds Don’t Get Back To Looters -Buhari by annnikky(f): 8:06pm On Nov 16, 2018
I guess the responsible/honourable gandollar is still a saint until defected undecided

(1) (Reply)

Watch APC Speaker House Of Comedy In Akwa Ibom State, Hon Nse Ntuen In Action / The US Congress Vs Atiku (PPE. Politically Exposed Person) Siemens Bribe Money. / Sokoto For Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.