Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,729 members, 7,941,760 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 12:52 PM

This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money (4999 Views)

Good Governace In Edo Vs Delta States / What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? / Unemployed Youths And Students Stop Uduaghan Birth Day Celebration Shut Warri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money by Beaf: 1:37pm On Jul 26, 2010
igbo boy:

Even though development no reach my side of the state, I would still give it to Uduaghan and Ibori (despite corruption allegations) based on the fact that some visible changes have indeed occured in the last 10years,

Hopefully, the next gov (or other representational power) would come from your parts. Representation is the best way to spread development.
Re: This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money by monkeyleg: 1:52pm On Jul 26, 2010
Representation is the best way to spread development

@Beaf,

No it is not. Good governance is the best way forward. This same idiology is the reason why Nigeria is fast regressing.

Stop being bought cheap. Like I asked would you serve your houseboy, while he sits on your chair, enjoys your car, house, money, and orders you around. Well I guess most of you wont, so please you guys should stop prostituting yourselves. if any of you understood what your state government should be doing for you, you probably wont come on here are start bragging about failures.

By the way, not one has answered where he got the money to buy those SUV's for now that is the main issue.
Re: This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money by spikedcylinder: 2:11pm On Jul 26, 2010
It irritates me to no end when people thank politician or adulate them for things they claim to have done in their respective states/constituents like those said politicians did those things with their father's money.
Newsflash: They are paid to execute these projects and not divert most of it into their personal accounts. Regardless of whatever 'good deeds' they have done in the past.
Re: This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money by Beaf: 2:19pm On Jul 26, 2010
monkeyleg:

Representation is the best way to spread development

@Beaf,

No it is not. Good governance is the best way forward. This same idiology is the reason why Nigeria is fast regressing.

Stop being bought cheap. Like I asked would you serve your houseboy, while he sits on your chair, enjoys your car, house, money, and orders you around. Well I guess most of you wont, so please you guys should stop prostituting yourselves. if any of you understood what your state government should be doing for you, you probably wont come on here are start bragging about failures.

By the way, not one has answered where he got the money to buy those SUV's for now that is the main issue.

I think you've hit the nail on the head. I had actually wanted to say this some posts back, so here goes; you cannot blame the structural problems of Nigeria on Delta state.
The effects of an upside down, fake "federalism" are captured succinctly by the the bolded in your statement. True federalism will provide true representation. Without adequate representation, a communities issues are never seen or heard.

Corruption though, must not be excused and your stance is to be admired, that is what makes Delta state stand head and shoulders above others in the fight against corruption. We remain the only state whose people chased down and offered up an ex-governor for corruption (Ibori). In the anti-corruption stakes, all other states are lagging behind us, we've set the standard.
However, compared to most governors, Uduaghan is a high performer who can only operate within the boundaries of the false (and wicked) federalism Nigeria practises. . . a system that was deliberately set up to propagate corruption.

spikedcylinder:

It irritates me to no end when people thank politician or adulate them for things they claim to have done in their respective states/constituents like those said politicians did those things with their father's money.
Newsflash: They are paid to execute these projects and not divert most of it into their personal accounts. Regardless of whatever 'good deeds' they have done in the past.

I don't hear this sort of thing when Fashola is discussed. Why?
I think its just the levels of glitter he can arrange. Maybe Uduaghan just needs to get his PR going, because he is every bit as good as Fashola.
Delta state has metamorphosed in just a few short years.
Re: This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money by spikedcylinder: 2:49pm On Jul 26, 2010
Beaf:

I don't hear this sort of thing when Fashola is discussed. Why?
I think its just the levels of glitter he can arrange. Maybe Uduaghan just needs to get his PR going, because he is every bit as good as Fashola.
Delta state has metamorphosed in just a few short years.

I'm sorry. Please show me where I wrote 'Any politician apart from Fashola'.
Thank you.
Re: This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money by Beaf: 2:57pm On Jul 26, 2010
spikedcylinder:

I'm sorry. Please show me where I wrote 'Any politician apart from Fashola'.
Thank you.

You will find that you have excused corruption in Lagos state here for example; in the thread "Fashola & Mega Corruption The True Face Of Lagos (part 1) ", https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-390082.0.html#msg5416573

Not disputing anything but the fact that Fashola is a distinctly different Governor from what Lagos has had in the past says a lot about the state of affairs in the state.

All I am saying is, apply the same measure. Uduaghan is as good as Fashola.
Re: This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money by monkeyleg: 2:58pm On Jul 26, 2010
@Beaf,

I am glad you see some sense in what I am saying. But the bigger fact remains that there cannot be half andhalf good. it is either you do the job you are elected to do, and we the Deltans pay you for, or you get out. The Day Nigerians start accepting full responsiblity for our development, then that day would truly be the dawn of a new era.

And by the way, I wouldnt praise Fashola the way you suggest I would, I will leave Lgaos state people to fight that battle. My Battle lies in Delta state, and getting a good states that all Deltans, Urhobo, Isoko, Ibo, Itsekiri, Ijaw will be proud off.

Uduaghan has been paid for the job he is currently doing. He is a Sarvant of Delta state and should act like one. The day, my sarvant feels I can no longer tell him what to do, is the day I sack him or her full stop. The fact that he washed oga's shirt today, and cut the grass yesterday, is not reason to disrespect the finger that feeds him.
Re: This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money by monkeyleg: 3:02pm On Jul 26, 2010
@Beaf,

The problem here is that you guys are too easyly pleased. Would you say that if Uduaghan was working for a private firm, and showed up this sort of preformance he would keep his job?, and not only that, he tops it up with stealing from the company.
Re: This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money by spikedcylinder: 3:02pm On Jul 26, 2010
Beaf:

You will find that you have excused corruption in Lagos state here for example; in the thread "Fashola & Mega Corruption The True Face Of Lagos (part 1) ", https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-390082.0.html#msg5416573

All I am saying is, apply the same measure. Uduaghan is as good as Fashola.

How so?
I mentioned his 'alleged' difference to other past Governors and wondered at the state of affairs in Lagos. That equals condoning corruption? Seriously?
Lol. Don't give me a rib cracker.
Besides this, I never compared Udughan to any Govenor. All I am saying is that you people should stop adulating them for the things they are PAID TO BE DOING. Fashola, Udughan, Bonnyface or Heineken!
Re: This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money by Beaf: 3:06pm On Jul 26, 2010
spikedcylinder:

How so?
I mentioned his 'alleged' difference to other past Governors and wondered at the state of affairs in Lagos. That equals condoning corruption? Seriously?
Lol. Don't give me a rib cracker.
Besides this, I never compared Udughan to any Govenor. All I am saying is that you people should stop adulating them for the things they are PAID TO BE DOING. Fashola, Udughan, Bonnyface or Heineken!

Ok, my bad and apologies.
. . .But we ain't adulating. embarassed We are comparing.
Re: This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money by Beaf: 3:13pm On Jul 26, 2010
monkeyleg:

@Beaf,

The problem here is that you guys are too easyly pleased. Would you say that if Uduaghan was working for a private firm, and showed up this sort of preformance he would keep his job?, and not only that, he tops it up with stealing from the company.

What if the private firm was a mega thief and Uduaghan managed to still get some positive work done?

The main problem is with our false federalism which makes the country a mega thief that steals from the common man; it is not with the politicians it produces, they are mere symptoms of our structural malaise. A dog will never give birth to a tortoise.
Until we get the Nigerian system right, we will only continue clamouring against the symtoms of a poor foundation, including the cracks, shoddy fixes and chaos.
Re: This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money by spikedcylinder: 3:18pm On Jul 26, 2010
Beaf:

Ok, my bad and apologies.
. . .But we ain't adulating. embarassed We are comparing.

Alright sir.
But if you're comparing, the thread title and original post are awfully misleading.
Re: This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money by adconline(m): 4:00pm On Jul 26, 2010
@papabrowne

Please collect back all the tuition fees you paid, because your lecturers didn't teach right!! From what I see here,you wasted money.
If you read my post again, you would see that I stated clearly "best teaching hospital" and the criteria I used is "facilities and structures".The hospitals you've listed, are they teaching hospitals? ? Now you really do need to go back to school.
Secondly, the hospital in question was commissioned last month, so using an outdated webometrics ranking discredits your post automatically.

Pay a visit there and in a second , your opinions would change instantly.

What a replica of idiocy!! In your retarded mind you concluded that the governor built the best  teaching hospital in Africa and you failed to show me the ranking. YOU did the ranking by your imaginative mind not by a credible ranking agency.The Naija listed hospital -ECWA is a teaching hospital. It looks like the governor paid you as his PR machine and you have done a terrible job. Who made you  an authority in hospital ranking to  even utter those clueless posts. Go do your research if you can ,cos I'm allergic to unsubstantiated and bogus claims.
"Men lie, women lie , numbers don't"
Re: This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money by monkeyleg: 4:26pm On Jul 26, 2010
@beaf,

I dont accept the argument that since everyone in Nigeria is stealing, that makes it right for Uduaghan to steal, that argument is just lame. After all we can blame the system. Charity the say begins at home.

Like I said I said I always wanted to leave out all this good govenor, bad governor bit, because it it very clear to me that the common Nigerians does not understand what good governance is. My problem, and that is the tiltle of my thread is why should a state governor spend X amout of state money buying SUV cars for house of assembly members. and some of the lamentable answers I have been getting is that is what happens in Nigeria. but my point is that it MUST Stop.

Ima not a big fan of Uduaghan and his brother, and it has very little to do with where he comes from. it is just that these guys have plundered states funds, left CRUMBS for people like you to eat, and even made you Praise him for leaving crumbs, and by the WAY he did that with your money. YOU Beaf, your money, and you are here telling me he has done well
Re: This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money by Beaf: 4:40pm On Jul 26, 2010
^
You will find my answer in the second paragraph, here, https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-484991.32.html#msg6451211
Re: This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money by texazzpete(m): 5:59pm On Jul 26, 2010
Beaf:

What are the "extremely strident allegations"? Or are you just making things up?
Its funny, we never see you guy's when corruption is discussed in Lagos (another performing place), but you have a way of popping up pretty sharpish at the mention of "delta". grin Abi you de work for Shell?

It would do you good to actually read the post i was replying to. I was referring to Ibori here (another ex-Governor who has been lauded for 'doing something')

Funny, how you didn't accuse me of working for the Federal or State Government. Anyone with a brain should know that the major beneficiaries (and hence, major culprits) for the Delta's under-development is the state and federal Governments.
Re: This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money by texazzpete(m): 6:04pm On Jul 26, 2010
Beaf:

Why don't you visit Delta state and then do a simple comparison of our transport system (urban roads, facilities, vehicle quality, airports etc) to any part of the country you choose?

I asked a simple question, why can't you tender a simple and concise answer?

I visited and stayed in Warri for a week, and all i saw were the same cabs and bikes i usually see, not much difference. I didn't go out that much, so you could help by providing evidence to contradict the little i saw.

You mentioned 'high standard transport', i assumed the roads were a given. I will freely admit that the roads were pretty decent, and driving was a much more enjoyable affair than in port Harcourt.

So in your reply, feel free to provide evidence. It's a unique Nairaland/Nigerian affliction to assume people are your enemies just because you do not always see things from the same perspective grin
Re: This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money by ono(m): 6:17pm On Jul 26, 2010
Guys,
It's good to ask for good things from our leaders and make them accountable and all. But let us give thanks for little mercies. Things are really bad out there and when we see some improvement in a state like Delta - which was written off as one of the worst state in the country in the not too distant past, then we have every cause to thank God for the ''little development'' we've witnessed.

It is not easy.
Re: This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money by monkeyleg: 6:34pm On Jul 26, 2010
@texazzpete,

you really mirror what I have to say. it is such a pity that our people have been so beaten that they accept failure as success. I have visited Warri, Asaba, Ughelli, Jedo, Abraka, Udu, Aladja, you name it, and quite frankly I really feel sorry for my people, I really do, but if Delta people accept that this is the definition of development, then what can I say.

This same reason why good credible candidates will never seek the best offices in the land, simple because we as nigerians do not understand good governanace, and quite happy to wallow in our shallow victory.
Re: This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money by Beaf: 7:15pm On Jul 26, 2010
texazzpete:

It would do you good to actually read the post i was replying to. I was referring to Ibori here (another ex-Governor who has been lauded for 'doing something')

Funny, how you didn't accuse me of working for the Federal or State Government. Anyone with a brain should know that the major beneficiaries (and hence, major culprits) for the Delta's under-development is the state and federal Governments.

I wish you had actually read your post before pressing the button, because your post clearly says "governor" several times. But here, you are making it out as if you meant "ex-Governor" Ibori. The terms Governor and ex-Governor mean totally different things.

Methinks some tend to shed a few brain cells each time they log on. embarassed
Re: This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money by Beaf: 7:17pm On Jul 26, 2010
texazzpete:

I asked a simple question, why can't you tender a simple and concise answer?

I visited and stayed in Warri for a week, and all i saw were the same cabs and bikes i usually see, not much difference. I didn't go out that much, so you could help by providing evidence to contradict the little i saw.

You mentioned 'high standard transport', i assumed the roads were a given. I will freely admit that the roads were pretty decent, and driving was a much more enjoyable affair than in port Harcourt.

So in your reply, feel free to provide evidence. It's a unique Nairaland/Nigerian affliction to assume people are your enemies just because you do not always see things from the same perspective grin

Next time, please go out, travel by air or road, actually mingle. . . Then comment.

PS; about the "Shell" thing; they ain't so hard to discover, no matter the disguise.
Re: This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money by monkeyleg: 7:20pm On Jul 26, 2010
@Beaf,

You can have your prize gov Uduaghan. like it is always said. Nigerians get leaders they deserve. So if you think Uduaghan is the best thing since fried dodo, then no problem. After all Uduaghan has got you where he wants you. Well done.
Re: This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money by Beaf: 7:43pm On Jul 26, 2010
monkeyleg:

@Beaf,

You can have your prize gov Uduaghan. like it is always said. Nigerians get leaders they deserve. So if you think Uduaghan is the best thing since fried dodo, then no problem. After all Uduaghan has got you where he wants you. Well done.

I certainly don't think Uduaghan is some mini god, but he compares favourably to most.
The crucial thing is, when you search the political landscape, what alternatives can you see? Can you see any? Have you asked why? smallprint; answer is, false federalism. So, as the saying goes, "better the devil you know. . ."
I'm just being practical.
Re: This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money by monkeyleg: 8:37pm On Jul 26, 2010
@Beaf,

So what do you really know about the devil? Well i have accepted that a good percentage of Nigerians, including you are satisfied with celebration failure as success. Striving for true success is not in your dictionary let alone excellence.

I have often argued that the real problem with Nigeria is not her leaders, but her people. You have just proven me right again.
Re: This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money by Beaf: 8:43pm On Jul 26, 2010
monkeyleg:

@Beaf,

So what do you really know about the devil? Well i have accepted that a good percentage of Nigerians, including you are satisfied with celebration failure as success. Striving for true success is not in your dictionary let alone excellence.

I have often argued that the real problem with Nigeria is not her leaders, but her people. You have just proven me right again.

When you cure the malaria, the headache will go too. You are wasting energy attacking the wrong target, I would understand if it was Akala.
I believe it is better to fight for credible elections that will usher in true federalism; everything else will fall into place after that.
Re: This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money by ProAnti: 9:47pm On Jul 26, 2010
Uduaghan may not be the best governor in Nigeria, but I believe Edwin Clarke is calling for his head simply because he is Ibori's cousin.

@PapaBrowne,

Uduaghan's ONLY original near-achievement is the yet to be completed Asaba Airport. Stop counting the intra-city roads and Teaching hospitals as his achievements. I was in Delta State before the 2007 elections and I can remember the state broadcasting commission showing import-containers carrying the hospital equipments to be installed before handover. Ibori imported all the hospital equipments before he handed over in 2007
Re: This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money by chillbabe(f): 9:54pm On Jul 26, 2010
I cant believe people can praise those two devils. Do u guys know how many bussiness has crumbled because of these guys. Will my husbands bussiness is one of them his trucks worked for them and the Delta state goverment refuse to pay according to the devil Uduaghan he doesn't pay Ibory's debts like the freaking money is his private property. We lost everything we worked for my marriage is almost in shambless cause my husband is angry and frustrated cause they need to pay him sins 2005. And we are just one of many. And u people r comming here to tell us that they are doing good ow please. U people make me sick. With this kind of additude 9ja will never change.
Re: This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money by texazzpete(m): 8:44am On Jul 27, 2010
Beaf:

I wish you had actually read your post before pressing the button, because your post clearly says "governor" several times. But here, you are making it out as if you meant "ex-Governor" Ibori. The terms Governor and ex-Governor mean totally different things.

Methinks some tend to shed a few brain cells each time they log on. embarassed

Once again, read the post i was replying to. The person i was responding to had even made it clear that there were allegations of corruption against Ibori. And the period under review was the past 10 years. Even a child knows that Uduaghan hasn't been in power for the past 10 years.

You need to look at things in context.
Re: This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money by texazzpete(m): 8:50am On Jul 27, 2010
Beaf:

Next time, please go out, travel by air or road, actually mingle. . . Then comment.

PS; about the "Shell" thing; they ain't so hard to discover, no matter the disguise.

I spent a week in Warri, during which time i moved around quite a bit.
You comparison criteria was "urban roads, facilities, vehicle quality, airports etc"
Apart from the roads, I did not see anything outstanding about the other items you mentioned. Stop making snarky comments. If you cannot enlighten us on these improvements here, then hold your tongue!
Re: This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money by mbulela: 9:20am On Jul 27, 2010
i tried following the argument until i saw the 'best teaching hospital in africa' stuff in two repeated posts.
i just gave up.

http://www.pah.org.za/
http://www.capegateway.gov.za/gsh
http://www.mediclinic.co.za/hospitals/pages/about.aspx?h=53
Re: This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money by monkeyleg: 2:38pm On Jul 27, 2010
@Chillbabde,

please leave Beaf, and his brother Papabrowne, they really dont understand what is going on. Look at it, Uduaghan has taken $10m of state fund to try to secure the release of his brother, this same guy that told you he does not pay Ibori's debts.

Dont worry, after they finish with Ibori, and I can confidently tell you they will, Uduaghan is next. They will both face justice. The good people of Delta state have suffered enough.
Re: This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money by adconline(m): 5:30pm On Jul 27, 2010
i tried following the argument until i saw the 'best teaching hospital in africa' stuff in two repeated posts.
i just gave up.

Dont mind Papabrowne. He created this Utopian image of best in Africa and wanted every1 to believe it "Wanna believe my own hype but it's too untrue" Lupe Fiasco

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

N1trn Projects Smuggled Into 2012 Budget As Foolish Nigerians Criticize Sanusi / Fire Razes Katsina Governor's Office / Meaning Of Biafra In Igbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.