Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,621 members, 7,918,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 08:23 PM

Akwa Ibom Cleanest State In Nigeria –clean-up Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom Cleanest State In Nigeria –clean-up Nigeria (2342 Views)

Abba Kyari Tried To Clean Up Nigeria, Says The Economist Of London / Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says / Deji Adeyanju Gives Up: "Nigeria Is Not Worth Dying For" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akwa Ibom Cleanest State In Nigeria –clean-up Nigeria by Emelcee: 9:47am On Nov 18, 2018
Few weeks after being adjudged the safest state in Nigeria, Akwa Ibom under Governor Udom Emmanuel has emerged the cleanest state in the country.

The state was followed by Cross River, Abuja, Rivers and Niger as the five cleanest states in the country.

The revelations were contained in a report released Friday, in Abuja by Clean-Up Nigeria (CUN), an international non-governmental organisation.

On the other hand, Kogi, Osun, Nasarawa, Zamfara and Kebbi, have been named as the five dirtiest states in Nigeria.

Conversely, Akwa Ibom State came first with 78 percent, while Cross River, which, hitherto, was believed to be the cleanest state in Nigeria came second with 64 percent. Abuja came third with 58 percent, Rivers came fourth with 37 percent and Niger came fifth with 35.2 percent.

According to the details of the report, a research was carried out between October 2017 and October 2018.

In the report, Kogi and Osun States scored 11 percent out of 100, Nasarawa scored 12.2, while Zamfara came fourth with 14.2 percent. Kebbi came fifth with 14.2 percent.

The report noted that during the period under review, all the states of the federation, including the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), were visited by a team of environmental experts.

National Coordinator of CUN, Mr. Ene Baba Owoh, while addressing newsmen, said five performance indicators were used during the exercise. He said there was also a quarterly monitoring and evaluation in the entire states and zones of the federation's.

SOURCE
http://akwaibomdaily.com.ng/akwa-ibom-cleanest-state-in-nigeria-clean-up-nigeria/:

Re: Akwa Ibom Cleanest State In Nigeria –clean-up Nigeria by Imohowo99(m): 7:08pm On Nov 18, 2018
Akwa Ibom Ayaya....
Re: Akwa Ibom Cleanest State In Nigeria –clean-up Nigeria by Ttipsy(f): 7:14pm On Nov 18, 2018
Nice. its high time we respect the environment
Re: Akwa Ibom Cleanest State In Nigeria –clean-up Nigeria by nengibo: 7:30pm On Nov 18, 2018
Akwa Ibom is clean because their are no hawkers, Rivers state government should ban hawking, and encourage recycling, ph city is currently an eye sore
Re: Akwa Ibom Cleanest State In Nigeria –clean-up Nigeria by Blue3k(m): 7:37pm On Nov 18, 2018
Thats great.
Re: Akwa Ibom Cleanest State In Nigeria –clean-up Nigeria by HarryDuce(m): 8:07pm On Nov 18, 2018
Rivers ke. Ordinary waste bin Govt. cannot provide . Refuse everywhere.
Re: Akwa Ibom Cleanest State In Nigeria –clean-up Nigeria by Nobody: 6:32am On Dec 05, 2018
Yes Akwa Ibom is the cleanest state in naija today. There's no doubt about this.

Rivers number 4?? was expecting to see Enugu.
Wow, this means Nigeria is indeed a shithole
Re: Akwa Ibom Cleanest State In Nigeria –clean-up Nigeria by Nobody: 6:34am On Dec 05, 2018
nengibo:
Akwa Ibom is clean because their are no hawkers, Rivers state government should ban hawking, and encourage recycling, ph city is currently an eye sore

Very true. But street hawkers are gradually springing up in Uyo. Though I give Kudos to the waste management guys in AKS. The only areas you'll see rubbish in AKS is the Ikot Ekpene area, though low quality/bad roads in Eket makes it look as if it's not part of the state.

Overall I give it to them. Clean and serene!

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Cleanest State In Nigeria –clean-up Nigeria by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 05, 2018
If I were to do the ranking based on my personal experience it will be like this
1. Akwa Ibom
2. Cross River
3. Abuja
4. Enugu
5. The rest...

I'm not ranking based on hear say.
I live in Rivers(born and bred here, this is home anytime anyday),
lived in Akwa Ibom(2yrs including 1 year NYSC),
lived in Kaduna(ABUTH to be precise. Spent 5 months here),
been to Imo(Visits, plus post graduate exams took me here,
Enugu(spent some lovely time here, just too quiet for my liking),
Abia(The worst for me, even Umuahia was an eyesore), Cross River(spent several weeks here on occations. Would have been number one if it was 8yrs ago),
Abuja(MDCN matter took me here. Spent 2 weeks here),
Bayelsa(Got businesses that takes me here regularly, plus BY is just a stone throw from my village), Delta(work took me here),
Lagos(mostly visits and occasions) and Ogun State(you don't wanna know what took me here grin)

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

How Do We Bridge The Short Fall When Dangote Refinery Start Operating? / Ilicit Drugs Make Herdsmen Invade Farms Destroy Crops NDLEA Boss Abdallah Claims / The International Standard Agbor Rail Station Is Ready For Operation-photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.