Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,987 members, 7,973,404 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 04:00 PM

Separated Or Shared Bed-room? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Separated Or Shared Bed-room? (6316 Views)

Cobra And Monitor Lizard Killed In A Bed Room / Separated From My Husband And He Is Keeping My Children From Me / Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Separated Or Shared Bed-room? by deluxecad(m): 2:57pm On Jul 26, 2010
Separated bedrooms. Period!

I need to stay alone sometimes.

Seriously.
Re: Separated Or Shared Bed-room? by Travelista(f): 3:02pm On Jul 26, 2010
How can we be married and have separate bedrooms? Private sanctuaries in the house, yes but separate sleeping quarters? Couldn't be me.
Re: Separated Or Shared Bed-room? by OboBoco(f): 3:29pm On Jul 26, 2010
i would have my own bedroom, but it will only serve as a dressing room / closet grin grin grin, you know we women have a lot of cloths and shoes
but for sleeping naaa, my hubby is gonna be the only blanket and warmer that i know. though am not married yet but i know that for sure. ( cos am the cuddle cuddle type. grin grin grin.
Re: Separated Or Shared Bed-room? by dayokanu(m): 3:50pm On Jul 26, 2010
She has her own bedroom where she keeps her plenty loads and we have a Master bedroom we share.

I dont think I would want her on the same bed those times when she is "showing the red flag" or trying so sort out/display her cleaning apparatus in the shared bathroom
Re: Separated Or Shared Bed-room? by Skirtel: 3:52pm On Jul 26, 2010
It depends on what the couple actually want. Ideally, there should be privacy. That has nothing to do with love.

Put not your trust in money, but put your money in trust.  http:///c9u6Zy
Re: Separated Or Shared Bed-room? by miraexcel(f): 4:31pm On Jul 26, 2010
I find this very interesting. Thanks to Poster. To the original question, NO, it's not cool to sleep in separate beds. I know some old couple who did and lived like strangers until they died. To me , separate bedroom means that the marriage is heading towards divorce of facing serious problems. When you sleep in separate rooms your spontaneous sexual encounter disappear. What about those unexpected “pokes” in the middle of the night? I’d consider my marriage a match made in heaven if we can sleep together and manage whatever our sleeping problems are--- my sweet fantasy--- I cant wait!!!
Re: Separated Or Shared Bed-room? by olabukola: 5:30pm On Jul 26, 2010
Hahahaha in UK you must share cuz no space for extra room. Stingy UK.
Re: Separated Or Shared Bed-room? by madlady(f): 6:06pm On Jul 26, 2010
^^^Not always, but your correct we do lack land space in the UK.

I will sacrifice lots for my own bedroom, I will do 2 jobs, cut down on the clothes and jewellery I buy.

I need the extra room to paint and collect my thoughts embarassed.
Re: Separated Or Shared Bed-room? by marketplace(m): 6:32pm On Jul 26, 2010
Nothing bad about sharing bedroom with your spouse.
Re: Separated Or Shared Bed-room? by Exponental(m): 6:53pm On Jul 26, 2010
having separated rooms isnt bad but we must always sleep together.
I think it will help couples to close gaps.
moreso, i wont need to send an I V or request letter to another room before having fun with my wife wen d need arises.
Re: Separated Or Shared Bed-room? by Jaydon: 7:04pm On Jul 26, 2010
there's nothing bad in sleeping in d same room with ur wifey, i mean it's a great way to build trust in ur marriage. but e no go happen when she born pikin ooooooooo.
Re: Separated Or Shared Bed-room? by CarlosVent(m): 7:38pm On Jul 26, 2010
once d bedroom is being shared den sometin is abt to happen or is aalready cooking
Re: Separated Or Shared Bed-room? by seedord247(m): 8:17pm On Jul 26, 2010
What about people wey dey lived for Face me and Slap you.
Re: Separated Or Shared Bed-room? by femmy2010(m): 8:23pm On Jul 26, 2010
I think shared bedroom does go a long way in making couples get very used to each other.
It makes battle line least lasting.
When i get married i would definitely be a shared bedroom promoter.
Re: Separated Or Shared Bed-room? by oluagness(m): 8:33pm On Jul 26, 2010
We stay in thesame room but I often run to seating room when am awake at mid night to avoid disturbance.
Re: Separated Or Shared Bed-room? by femmy2010(m): 8:39pm On Jul 26, 2010
But frankly living apart could make SOME couples grow apart.
You have learnt to live with her even though you feel like staying alone a times you have greatly gotten to the idea on shared bedroom and only once a while do you escape to the Living room.
Re: Separated Or Shared Bed-room? by mamagee3(f): 9:21pm On Jul 26, 2010
I'm so sick and tired of these people making it seem like a big deal.

Married couples should decide when it's right to sleep in seperate bedrooms and strangers are not in the right position to detect that.

That's the bottom line.
Re: Separated Or Shared Bed-room? by femmy2010(m): 9:24pm On Jul 26, 2010
Strangers have no right to determined what is right or wrong for couples but strangers can learn from the very many success and failure tales of many Couples.
I guess that is the cruise of the thread.
Re: Separated Or Shared Bed-room? by bawomolo(m): 9:27pm On Jul 26, 2010
when we eventually make peace, he would be made to sleep on the couch for denying me his presence the other night.

that sleeping on the couch stuff only happens on sit coms.

no woman can put me on the couch, i'd rather sleep with one eye open grin
Re: Separated Or Shared Bed-room? by femmy2010(m): 9:28pm On Jul 26, 2010
lol
Re: Separated Or Shared Bed-room? by mamagee3(f): 9:29pm On Jul 26, 2010
bawomolo:

that sleeping on the couch stuff only happens on sit coms.

no woman can put me on the couch, i'd rather sleep with one eye open  grin
Let's see if you have a 250Ibs buffalo as a wife and she asks you to leave the bed.

I would like to see your face when she lifts you and tosses you on the floor. grin
Re: Separated Or Shared Bed-room? by bawomolo(m): 9:33pm On Jul 26, 2010
mama-gee:

Let's see if you have a 250Ibs buffalo as a wife and she asks you to leave the bed.

I would like to see your face when she lifts you and tosses you on the floor. grin

I can always make an exception for my buffalo queen  cheesy

Separate bedrooms can work depending on the personality on the couple. introverts would probably like the idea
Re: Separated Or Shared Bed-room? by mamagee3(f): 9:35pm On Jul 26, 2010
bawomolo:

I can always make an exception for my buffalo queen  cheesy
Not after she must have sat on top of you. grin

And forced you to lie on the floor. grin
Re: Separated Or Shared Bed-room? by femmy2010(m): 9:39pm On Jul 26, 2010
Interesting
Re: Separated Or Shared Bed-room? by mamagee3(f): 9:58pm On Jul 26, 2010
What's interesting?
Re: Separated Or Shared Bed-room? by indie22(f): 10:06pm On Jul 26, 2010
Seperate bedrooms in older couples might work out fine obviously there's the  grandkids that come to stay over and maybe want to sleep in grandma's room

But seperate rooms for a young couple? dont see how that would work if they are a "happy couple", i'd like to think my hubby and i will be sharing thesame bed and thesame room for the better part of our marriage as it aids the whole "making up process" after a row, coz at the end of the day i know my husband will still  come to bed and thats where we will finish our fight, and to be honest i havent seen a lot of happy couples sleeping in seperate rooms
Re: Separated Or Shared Bed-room? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jul 26, 2010
Re: Separated Or Shared Bed-room? by dayokanu(m): 10:21pm On Jul 26, 2010
Why sleep on the couch when you can call and book a hotel on your phone.

If you sleep on the couch, How would you function at work with the neck aches
Re: Separated Or Shared Bed-room? by obelisk(m): 10:45pm On Jul 26, 2010
separate bedrooms is ideal but she no go gree.
i move for separate beds.
Re: Separated Or Shared Bed-room? by hackney(m): 11:48pm On Jul 26, 2010
seperate gbukwee nu onwe unu there.
Re: Separated Or Shared Bed-room? by oloritinu: 12:06am On Jul 27, 2010
guys i dont see why you should marry when you stilll want to keep seperate room from your spouse. as for me i dont like to keep seperate room  because i want to sleep in my man arms always and next to him every night - and if my husband should start seperate rooms stuff i will call the attention of our families to it. if he continues to separate room from me. then i will start seeing another man. well you can call me names i dont care. The bible says two should keep warm and God forgive me if my husband dont keep me warm i will find warmth elsewhere

Shallom
Re: Separated Or Shared Bed-room? by rayo2002: 3:01am On Jul 27, 2010
I think it all depends on what works best for u.
Personally, i can't stand seperate rooms.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

20 Qualities Of A Gentleman / The Perks Of Being A Lastborn / Diamond Bank Extra Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.