Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,970 members, 7,919,106 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 09:49 PM

Political Blunders May Cost The Southeast 2023 Election And Beyond - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Political Blunders May Cost The Southeast 2023 Election And Beyond (2576 Views)

10 Political Blunders Made By Nigerian Presidential Candidates In 2022 - SR / Olumide Akpata: Justice Odili’s Home Raid May Cost Malami SAN Title / Petrol May Cost More In South-east - IPMAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Political Blunders May Cost The Southeast 2023 Election And Beyond by sarrki(m): 6:24pm On Nov 18, 2018
With the political calculations power is to return to the south.

Southeast have been left out of the equation

Why ?

1) political miscalculation

(2) political confusion

(3) political blindness

(4) political blunder

With the return of democracy in 1999,

There was a gentleman agreement with the stakeholders also adopted by political parties and regional leaders

In this regards Obasanjo used the tenure of the south from 1999 to 2003

The power returned to the north Yar’adua (2007 to 2009 it was cut short with the sudden death of President Yar’adua

Power returned to the south again in 2009 President Gej From 2009 to 2015

In 2015 President Muhammadu Buhari Was elected with the present political permutations Buhari tenure ends by 2023 God willing

There is still time to remedy this if not

I see Osinbajo and El-Rufai In 2023 when power return south

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Political Blunders May Cost The Southeast 2023 Election And Beyond by somito121(m): 6:25pm On Nov 18, 2018
Let's hope so.
Re: Political Blunders May Cost The Southeast 2023 Election And Beyond by sarrki(m): 6:29pm On Nov 18, 2018
Seriously I love people of the southeast

That’s why o talked so much about them

God knows

But seriously i swear I hate Igbos miscreants

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Political Blunders May Cost The Southeast 2023 Election And Beyond by deco22(m): 6:34pm On Nov 18, 2018
Igbo people made their choice the same way Yorubas made the choice to vote Buhari not Jonathan...Until 2019 reaches before you can start calling it a political miscalculation.

11 Likes

Re: Political Blunders May Cost The Southeast 2023 Election And Beyond by sarrki(m): 6:37pm On Nov 18, 2018
deco22:
Igbo people made their choice the same way Yorubas made the choice to vote Buhari not Jonathan...Until 2019 reaches before you can start calling it a political miscalculation.

Regional politics is not good for any region

The Yoruba played it in second republic

They were left out of the federal politics

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Political Blunders May Cost The Southeast 2023 Election And Beyond by obonujoker(m): 6:40pm On Nov 18, 2018
Don't be stupid... Allow people to vote for thier choices... you can't decide tomorrow... Who knew Jonathan will ever be president?? or who would have believed that PDP would lose power?? or Ambode would be denied 2nd term?

I believe you are educated.... Stop opening threads to cajole people... if you are so sure of winning, then vote for whom you feel will do good in the polity, and stop trying to use tactics to cajole people to voting for your candidate. ....

Nobody is making any political blunder... nothing lasts forever...

However, PDP'S mistake will be to think they can't win in a Muslim dominated area....

10 Likes

Re: Political Blunders May Cost The Southeast 2023 Election And Beyond by Nobody: 6:42pm On Nov 18, 2018
sarrki:

Why ?

(2) political confusion

(3) political blindness

(4) political blunder

There was a gentleman agreement with the stakeholders also adopted by political parties and regional leaders

The power returned to the north Yar’adua (2007 to 2009 it was cut short with the sudden death of President Yar’adua

In 2015 President Muhammadu Buhari Was elected with the present political permutations Buhari tenure ends by 2023 God willing

Let us all make the political blunder of electing Atiku and Obi.

#BackToDaura

Cc lzaa onyeoga pointzerom madridguy buhariguy sarrki shalomc iceberg3 yarimo greenback Alariiwo Roger3d cynthiakiss omenka tossie101 juliusmalema jumpandpas greenback eternaltruths shukuokukobambi

5 Likes

Re: Political Blunders May Cost The Southeast 2023 Election And Beyond by tuniski: 6:43pm On Nov 18, 2018
Na you dey allocate who Becomes President Abi @Op.

The promise of presidency coming to the South in 2023 Is not binding. Your buhari Contested 4 elections without recourse to zoning.

By the way, zoning is Essentially a PDP thing.m

2 Likes

Re: Political Blunders May Cost The Southeast 2023 Election And Beyond by tuniski: 6:45pm On Nov 18, 2018
immhotep:

Let us all make the political blunder of electing Atiku and Obi.

#BackToDaura

Cc lzaa onyeoga pointzerom madridguy buhariguy sarrki shalomc iceberg3 yarimo greenback Alariiwo Roger3d cynthiakiss omenka tossie101 juliusmalema jumpandpas greenback eternaltruths shukuokukobambi
Amen.

#BuhariMustGokawai 2023 will take care of itself.

Buharism must be cured from millions of citizenss.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Political Blunders May Cost The Southeast 2023 Election And Beyond by PaChukwudi44(m): 7:02pm On Nov 18, 2018
Whether or not Atiku wins in 2019.The PDP presidential candidate in 2023 will surely be a northerner.Let's see how your Osibanjo will defeat either of Atiku/Tambuwal/Kwankwaso without the SS/SE.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Political Blunders May Cost The Southeast 2023 Election And Beyond by Officialpdpnig: 7:05pm On Nov 18, 2018
tuniski:
Na you dey allocate who Becomes President Abi @Op.

The promise of presidency coming to the South in 2023 Is not binding. Your buhari Contested 4 elections without recourse to zoning.

By the way, zoning is Essentially a PDP thing.m

Yes zoning is a PDP thing same way they zoned out the SE on four inauguration that took place in their 16 year rule while at the same time during the same 16 years Buhari had 2 igbos run with him as his VP candidate.

Indeed zoning is a PDP thing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Political Blunders May Cost The Southeast 2023 Election And Beyond by eyeview: 7:07pm On Nov 18, 2018
Even the Yorubas whom we all came together (both the military and civilians) to agree to give the 1999 slot out of sympathy are now forming smart politicians

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Political Blunders May Cost The Southeast 2023 Election And Beyond by tuniski: 7:52pm On Nov 18, 2018
Officialpdpnig:

Yes zoning is a PDP thing same way they zoned out the SE on four inauguration that took place in their 16 year rule while at the same time during the same 16 years Buhari had 2 igbos run with him as his VP candidate.

Indeed zoning is a PDP thing
Very lame. In fact too Lame! PDP made minority GEJ president (SS) Yaradua (NW) and OBJ (SW). Next Atiku(NE) follow by SE then my region NC.

Buhari/tinubu the owners of Apc Dont believe in Zoning.

Anyway, zoning is not the issue but a feeling of sense of Belonging and ownership by all. PDP is Our own GOP it is a truly Pan-nigerian party.

When. You BMC folks want to make an electoral case for Buhari, you go 'no one can Defeat bbuhari in The North'. What an Error Of having an arewa president for a diverse nigeria!

3 Likes

Re: Political Blunders May Cost The Southeast 2023 Election And Beyond by Toosure70: 7:58pm On Nov 18, 2018
BAT 2023.
Re: Political Blunders May Cost The Southeast 2023 Election And Beyond by AkpaMgbor(m): 8:03pm On Nov 18, 2018
eyeview:
Even the Yorubas whom we all came together (both the military and civilians) to agree to give the 1999 slot out of sympathy are now forming smart politicians
My guy whenever I hear those political neophytes speak I just laugh in utter amazement..

5 Likes

Re: Political Blunders May Cost The Southeast 2023 Election And Beyond by mrvitalis(m): 8:09pm On Nov 18, 2018
sarrki:

God knows

My people are very emotional and one thing u get is once we support u, we support u no matter what

I feel pdp would win the 2023 elections tho, the truth is 70% of apc vote in the north are buhari vote and not for apc

When buhari is out of the picture alot can change

I hope we igbos can present someone smart like Barth nnaji

Obi Vs osibanjo would be good too

We need an obi in this country he would tighten all waste loop holes

1 Like

Re: Political Blunders May Cost The Southeast 2023 Election And Beyond by PaChukwudi44(m): 8:27pm On Nov 18, 2018
Point of correction Obasanjo used the tenure of the SW and not that of the entire south.

1 Like

Re: Political Blunders May Cost The Southeast 2023 Election And Beyond by PaChukwudi44(m): 8:30pm On Nov 18, 2018
Toosure70:
BAT 2023.
Even Tinubu himself knows he can never smell aso rock whether in this life or in the life to come

1 Like

Re: Political Blunders May Cost The Southeast 2023 Election And Beyond by PaChukwudi44(m): 8:31pm On Nov 18, 2018
mrvitalis:

My people are very emotional and one thing u get is once we support u, we support u no matter what

I feel pdp would win the 2023 elections tho, the truth is 70% of apc vote in the north are buhari vote and not for apc

When buhari is out of the picture alot can change

I hope we igbos can present someone smart like Barth nnaji

Obi Vs osibanjo would be good too

We need an obi in this country he would tighten all waste loop holes
Obi is not interested in contesting the 2023 elections. The PDP 2023 presidential candidate will surely be a northerner.BTW You are no Igbo neither are you a PDP supporter

2 Likes

Re: Political Blunders May Cost The Southeast 2023 Election And Beyond by nwanyionitsha: 8:37pm On Nov 18, 2018
sarrki:

God knows

Mind your business. Nobody cares about your opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Political Blunders May Cost The Southeast 2023 Election And Beyond by Nwadiuto247: 9:10pm On Nov 18, 2018
sarrki:

Why ?

(2) political confusion

(3) political blindness

(4) political blunder

Oga you should know that igbos are fearless, we are not cowards thats why we stand by whoever we believe in.

Did you notice that majority of igbos have been against Buhari since 2015 till now and none is afraid of whatever bad attitude he has towards the igbos?

Igbos are not dependent on politics to survive like you people. We are hustlers and very economically independent thats why we can look anybody in his eyes and tell him his wrong doing without fear.

Let me inform you that an average Igbo man is not seeing Igbo presidency as a do-or-die affair like you people. All we are interested more in is good governance. Thats why political killings rarely happen in Igbo land.

Dont worry about us with your calculations, we will always survive and succeed in life by God's grace.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Political Blunders May Cost The Southeast 2023 Election And Beyond by bitcoin215: 9:12pm On Nov 18, 2018
Let all stakeholders make sure there house is always in order
Re: Political Blunders May Cost The Southeast 2023 Election And Beyond by quickberry3(m): 9:13pm On Nov 18, 2018
angry
Re: Political Blunders May Cost The Southeast 2023 Election And Beyond by mekaboy(m): 9:15pm On Nov 18, 2018
Be more concerned with what it will cost the entire nation to repeat the same mistake.

The over 10 million jobs lost is not from south east alone.

The whole nation buys fuel at 145.

3 Likes

Re: Political Blunders May Cost The Southeast 2023 Election And Beyond by quickberry3(m): 9:18pm On Nov 18, 2018
grin grin grin
Re: Political Blunders May Cost The Southeast 2023 Election And Beyond by Nobody: 9:31pm On Nov 18, 2018
Coming from someone who has tribalism at the peak of his reasoning.

1 Like

Re: Political Blunders May Cost The Southeast 2023 Election And Beyond by mrvitalis(m): 9:57pm On Nov 18, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

Obi is not interested in contesting the 2023 elections. The PDP 2023 presidential candidate will surely be a northerner.BTW You are no Igbo neither are you a PDP supporter
It would be foolish for pdp to bring a northern president in 2023 even igbos won't vote them
Re: Political Blunders May Cost The Southeast 2023 Election And Beyond by Nwadiuto247: 10:36pm On Nov 18, 2018
mrvitalis:

It would be foolish for pdp to bring a northern president in 2023 even igbos won't vote them

which Igbos are you talking about?

Go and check the voting pattern of the Igbos. We vote people we believe can deliver despite the tribe. Even Ojukwu got lower votes from Igbos than Obasanjo who is Yoruba man. Dont be deceived, we dont play tribal politics like other people.

1 Like

Re: Political Blunders May Cost The Southeast 2023 Election And Beyond by sogodihno: 11:17pm On Nov 18, 2018
eyeview:

shut up! no wonder no ipob people has bcom VP or President. 5%
Re: Political Blunders May Cost The Southeast 2023 Election And Beyond by SouthEastFacts: 12:45am On Nov 19, 2018
sarrki:

Why ?

(2) political confusion

(3) political blindness

(4) political blunder

Pity your region that is on self destruction. If Buhari wins, PDP would field Kwankwaso or Tambuwal in 2023 and either a SS/SE candidate while APC would likely field Osinbanjo/El Rufai, a very stupid ticket. In the South, only SW would for osinbanjo and El Rufai cannot defeat Kwankwaso outside his own LGA. If PDP takes power in this way, SW would be retired politically.

Atiku's Presidency is their sure bet. SW Presidency in 2023 can never happen.

But first, defeat Atiku

2 Likes

Re: Political Blunders May Cost The Southeast 2023 Election And Beyond by SouthEastFacts: 12:50am On Nov 19, 2018
sogodihno:

shut up! no wonder no ipob people has bcom VP or President. 5%
They gave birth to you in 1999. 1999 till date is 19 years and there are 6 regions in Nigeria. Divide 19 by 4 years and you would see it is not even enough to allow the Presidency go round each region for a term each. At least 24 years is required to allow the Presidency go reach each region. So don't run your mouth yet yoruba moslem
Re: Political Blunders May Cost The Southeast 2023 Election And Beyond by AkpaMgbor(m): 1:53am On Nov 19, 2018
Nwadiuto247:

Oga you should know that igbos are fearless, we are not cowards thats why we stand by whoever we believe in.

Did you notice that majority of igbos have been against Buhari since 2015 till now and none is afraid of whatever bad attitude he has towards the igbos?

Igbos are not dependent on politics to survive like you people. We are hustlers and very economically independent thats why we can look anybody in his eyes and tell him his wrong doing without fear.

Let me inform you that an average Igbo man is not seeing Igbo presidency as a do-or-die affair like you people. All we are interested more in is good governance. Thats why political killings rarely happen in Igbo land.

Dont worry about us with your calculations, we will always survive and succeed in life by God's grace.
Amen to that..

(1) (2) (Reply)

2019: Udi People Endorse Gov. Ugwuanyi For Second Term / Omokri Reacts As "FG Demolishing AIT Structures, Threatening Omotola With Tax Pa / Reno Slams Buhari Over The Igbo Elected Mayors In The United Kingdom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.