Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,140 members, 7,887,299 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:17 AM

Why I Think Nigeria Should Be Divided - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Think Nigeria Should Be Divided (889 Views)

I Used To Think Nigeria's Problem Was Bad Government - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo / Nigeria Cannot And Will Not Be Divided - Obaseki / Photos From Kenya That Would Make You Think Nigeria Is Less Corrupt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Think Nigeria Should Be Divided by melodyogonna(m): 4:29pm On Nov 19, 2018
I originally wrote this as a WhatsApp message

My own opinion on how to make Nigeria work.

It's impossible for Nigeria to work, the best thing we can do to ourselves regarding this country is to agitate for it to be broken apart.
Why? It is obvious that the main problems ravaging this country is sectionalism, ethnicity and tribalism along with religion.
The effects of this is lack of trust, religious and tribal killings and backstabbing.

If Yorubas and Hausas thinks that a project sited in igboland will be better if it is sited in their respective regions, the mentality here will be that it will be that they project would not go on if it didn't start in their respective regions; this is sectionalism, and ultimately, funds for the said project will end up being embezzled.

This applies to the other points I mentioned, you can replay them in your with multiple scenerios

Now, If the country is divided into three or four parts, the Igbos, Yorubas and Hausas will work with what's in their best interest, this will also lead to healthy competition because these respective countries wouldn't want the other to overtake it.

If Nigeria could at least be like Great Britain, each country representing themselves when it's best to be separate and coming together when it's important they stick together.

Like Great Britain inthe Olympics, then smaller countries like England, Scotland, Wales etc in the world cup

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Think Nigeria Should Be Divided by melodyogonna(m): 6:17pm On Nov 19, 2018
Who do you think guys
Re: Why I Think Nigeria Should Be Divided by melodyogonna(m): 7:25pm On Nov 19, 2018
If the country is divided, there won't be sectionalism because every country will be fighting for its best interest, no ethnicity or tribalism because there would be only one major ethnic group, no conflict in religion ( I can't really say this for Yoruba country tho).

There will be healthy competition where every country would be trying hard to be best.

We would be friendly neighbors and trade together

4 Likes

Re: Why I Think Nigeria Should Be Divided by Nobody: 7:28pm On Nov 19, 2018
melodyogonna:
I originally wrote this as a WhatsApp message

My own opinion on how to make Nigeria work.

It's impossible for Nigeria to work, the best thing we can do to ourselves regarding this country is to agitate for it to be broken apart.
Why? It is obvious that the main problems ravaging this country is sectionalism, ethnicity and tribalism along with religion.
The effects of this is lack of trust, religious and tribal killings and backstabbing.

If Yorubas and Hausas thinks that a project sited in igboland will be better if it is sited in their respective regions, the mentality here will be that it will be that they project would not go on if it didn't start in their respective regions; this is sectionalism, and ultimately, funds for the said project will end up being embezzled.

This applies to the other points I mentioned, you can replay them in your with multiple scenerios

Now, If the country is divided into three or four parts, the Igbos, Yorubas and Hausas will work with what's in their best interest, this will also lead to healthy competition because these respective countries wouldn't want the other to overtake it.

If Nigeria could at least be like Great Britain, each country representing themselves when it's best to be separate and coming together when it's important they stick together.

Like Great Britain inthe Olympics, then smaller countries like England, Scotland, Wales etc in the world cup
how many ethnic group do we have in Nigeria?
Re: Why I Think Nigeria Should Be Divided by melodyogonna(m): 7:30pm On Nov 19, 2018
SilentListener:
how many ethnic group do we have in Nigeria?

Two hundred and something I think.
Re: Why I Think Nigeria Should Be Divided by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 19, 2018
melodyogonna:

Two hundred and something I think.
so why do you want it to be divided in to 3 or 4 parts?
Re: Why I Think Nigeria Should Be Divided by melodyogonna(m): 7:34pm On Nov 19, 2018
I don't think the Yorubas hate Igbos, neither does Igbos hate Yorubas and I have heard that Hausas are peaceful and contented people (unless you talk trash about their religion); what's happening is that because we have a central government the whole region is fighting for their best interest. Now this interests conflict alot because clearly the central government can't cater for all the interests

1 Like

Re: Why I Think Nigeria Should Be Divided by nengibo: 7:38pm On Nov 19, 2018
Screw wazobia ppl

1 Like

Re: Why I Think Nigeria Should Be Divided by melodyogonna(m): 7:38pm On Nov 19, 2018
SilentListener:
so do you want it to be divided in to 3 or 4 parts?

It can't be divided into 200 parts na, or maybe it can.

The important thing is not to have more than one major ethnic group as two captains cannot command the same ship.

there are many European countries smaller than Lagos with not upto 10000 people

5 Likes

Re: Why I Think Nigeria Should Be Divided by Nobody: 7:41pm On Nov 19, 2018
melodyogonna:

It can't be divided into 200 parts na, or maybe it can.

The important thing is not to have more than one major ethnic group as two captains cannot command the same ship.

there are many European countries smaller than Lagos with not upto 10000 people
yes it can happened, thank you very much

1 Like

Re: Why I Think Nigeria Should Be Divided by Xander85: 7:41pm On Nov 19, 2018
melodyogonna:
Who do you think guys

Spot on!

1 Like

Re: Why I Think Nigeria Should Be Divided by melodyogonna(m): 2:39am On Nov 20, 2018
nengibo:
Screw wazobia ppl
meaning?
Re: Why I Think Nigeria Should Be Divided by BAILMONEY: 3:22am On Nov 20, 2018
THIS IS WHAT A YORUBA WOMAN WROTE ON TWITTER sad

Re: Why I Think Nigeria Should Be Divided by Donelli: 4:23am On Nov 20, 2018
BAILMONEY:
THIS IS WHAT A YORUBA WOMAN WROTE ON TWITTER sad
Anybody with access to the internet can type trash. According to this educated slowpoke, the Igbos are supporting Atiku because over 90% of Igbo leaders are criminals. grin

If you ask her to provide data to back up her foolishness she will probably play a different tune.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Think Nigeria Should Be Divided by melodyogonna(m): 12:14pm On Nov 20, 2018
Donelli:

Anybody with access to the internet can type trash. According to this educated slowpoke, the Igbos are supporting Atiku because over 90% of Igbo leaders are criminals. grin

If you ask her to provide data to back up her foolishness she will probably play a different tune.
She is just looking for attention

2 Likes

Re: Why I Think Nigeria Should Be Divided by Donelli: 12:16pm On Nov 20, 2018
melodyogonna:

She is just looking for attention
Everyone wants to trend these days lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Why I Think Nigeria Should Be Divided by vindisick: 12:57pm On Nov 20, 2018
I totally agree with you. But this kind of liberty is not given,we the citizens have to take it by force.
Re: Why I Think Nigeria Should Be Divided by melodyogonna(m): 1:06pm On Nov 20, 2018
Xander85:

Spot on!
Thank you sir
Re: Why I Think Nigeria Should Be Divided by melodyogonna(m): 1:07pm On Nov 20, 2018
vindisick:
I totally agree with you. But this kind of liberty is not given,we the citizens have to take it by force.

Nigerians are not ready to do this, everyone is just keeping quiet like they are enjoying the country
Re: Why I Think Nigeria Should Be Divided by gidgiddy: 1:37pm On Nov 20, 2018
It will be the greatest joy of my life to see Igbo land become an independent country. I want to wake up and remember that we Igbos are no longer share the same country with Yorubas or Hausas.

Lugard must turning in his grave for having made the big mistake of bringing this 3 tribes together in 1914

1 Like

Re: Why I Think Nigeria Should Be Divided by melodyogonna(m): 1:52pm On Nov 20, 2018
gidgiddy:
It will be the greatest joy of my life to see Igbo land become an independent country. I want to wake up and remember that we Igbos are no longer share the same country with Yorubas or Hausas.

Lugard must turning in his grave for having made the big mistake of bringing this 3 tribes together in 1914

God bless you

(1) (Reply)

METELE ATTACK: Soldier Who Is The Only Son To A Widow Among Those Killed (Photos / Live Pictures From Atiku Campaign In Nasarawa State / Mambila Hydro Project: A Case Of Comedians Who We Have As Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.