Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,428 members, 7,881,574 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 12:16 AM

How Do I Retrieve My Company's Website And Hosting Account .. Help Ooo - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Do I Retrieve My Company's Website And Hosting Account .. Help Ooo (638 Views)

How To Address Excessive Resource Usage On A Web Hosting Account / Blog For Sale With Free Adsense And Hosting Account / ##new REGISTERED Premium Hosting account On *justhost* For Sale## (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Retrieve My Company's Website And Hosting Account .. Help Ooo by bamangar: 5:46pm On Nov 19, 2018
Good day all,
i need help urgently. My company's hosting account was compromised. An email was sent from our company's main email account to the email that we have been hacked. The hacker threatened that if we don't pay withing 48hours our account would be shut down. The hacker specifically said they installed a powerful trojan on our router that no matter anything we do, it won't work unless we pay for them to release it. The problem here is that: i tried accessing the cpanel to see if i could change the login details of all our email accounts but i was denied access. I also tried accessing the backend of our website and was also denied access. i got in touch with the host and they confirmed our hosting account was compromised badly. i asked if there is any way we could retrieve our password, they said they tried all they could but couldn't, funny enough it was only our account that was affected on their server. They gave us three options: either we ignore the threats, or pay the hackers, or move our site out of the account.

Dear Nairalanders, is there any way around it? Can i access our cpanel and change login details?
Re: How Do I Retrieve My Company's Website And Hosting Account .. Help Ooo by kemiomobomi: 7:26pm On Nov 19, 2018
whats the name of your host
Re: How Do I Retrieve My Company's Website And Hosting Account .. Help Ooo by RealLordZeus(m): 7:27pm On Nov 19, 2018
hmmm! this your tori ehn ! the hosting coy should be able to reset your cpanel password unless they are one of this useless numerous hosting coy that litters the cyberspace.
if that's the case, the best thing to do is to ask for the recent backup of your files and get a new hosting services with a reputable coy, adjust your nameserver , upload the backups and problem solved.

if you are having issue regarding this ! you can quote me for my contact so I can offer you a professional service at an affordable price.
Peace!!
Re: How Do I Retrieve My Company's Website And Hosting Account .. Help Ooo by Cyberl: 8:26pm On Nov 19, 2018
bamangar:
Good day all,
i need help urgently. My company's hosting account was compromised. An email was sent from our company's main email account to the email that we have been hacked. The hacker threatened that if we don't pay withing 48hours our account would be shut down. The hacker specifically said they installed a powerful trojan on our router that no matter anything we do, it won't work unless we pay for them to release it. The problem here is that: i tried accessing the cpanel to see if i could change the login details of all our email accounts but i was denied access. I also tried accessing the backend of our website and was also denied access. i got in touch with the host and they confirmed our hosting account was compromised badly. i asked if there is any way we could retrieve our password, they said they tried all they could but couldn't, funny enough it was only our account that was affected on their server. They gave us three options: either we ignore the threats, or pay the hackers, or move our site out of the account.

Dear Nairalanders, is there any way around it? Can i access our cpanel and change login details?

Gimme the website url...Lemme see what I can do.

And just that ur host is a useless company. Any reasonable host can solve that problem in minutes seems u guys are using all these yeye host wey full nairaland webmaster section
Re: How Do I Retrieve My Company's Website And Hosting Account .. Help Ooo by bamangar: 9:31pm On Nov 19, 2018
Cyberl:

Gimme the website url...Lemme see what I can do.

And just that ur host is a useless company. Any reasonable host can solve that problem in minutes seems u guys are using all these yeye host wey full nairaland webmaster section

Www.diplomattravels.com
Re: How Do I Retrieve My Company's Website And Hosting Account .. Help Ooo by bamangar: 9:16am On Nov 21, 2018
RealLordZeus:
hmmm! this your tori ehn ! the hosting coy should be able to reset your cpanel password unless they are one of this useless numerous hosting coy that litters the cyberspace.
if that's the case, the best thing to do is to ask for the recent backup of your files and get a new hosting services with a reputable coy, adjust your nameserver , upload the backups and problem solved.

if you are having issue regarding this ! you can quote me for my contact so I can offer you a professional service at an affordable price.
Peace!!

Good day. The hosting said they can't do anything now, that the hacker penetrated through our own internet router and they can't reset our cpanel password, they had to isolate our own account. let me have your whatsapp number
Re: How Do I Retrieve My Company's Website And Hosting Account .. Help Ooo by RealLordZeus(m): 9:19am On Nov 21, 2018
bamangar:

Good day. The hosting said they can't do anything now, that the hacker penetrated through our own internet router and they can't reset our cpanel password, they had to isolate our own account. let me have your whatsapp number
OK

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Free Traffic / How To Get Website Design Service And Related Services At Promo Price In Nigeria / Partner With A Reliable And Affordable Hosting Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.