Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,880 members, 7,883,089 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 11:33 PM

Outrage As DPO Gives Brutalized Single Mothers N3k As Compensation - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Outrage As DPO Gives Brutalized Single Mothers N3k As Compensation (3386 Views)

Young Boy Dressed Up As DPO By Hoodlums In Imo State (Video) / EndSARS: Man Poses In Police Uniform, Hailed As DPO / Prostitute Fights Man Who Gave Her N3k Instead Of The Agreed N5k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Outrage As DPO Gives Brutalized Single Mothers N3k As Compensation by Magichand: 10:52am On Nov 22, 2018
There is a current outrage against the Ogun State police command over the N3,000 compensation given to two single moms who were brutalized by some police officers in the state.

According to reports, the victims, who are traders, were returning from the market when they were accosted by the officers who falsely accused them of being robbers.

Their denial of the allegation, earned them severe beating in the hands of the officers who later dragged them to the Lafenwa Divisional Police Headquarters, Abeokuta, where the DPO exonerated and apologized to them.

He then proceeded to give them a paltry sum of N3,000 to treat the grievous injuries they sustained, but according to the dissatisfied women, they are the only ones catering for their children and the injuries means they can’t even be able to go to the market until further notice.

Humans rights activists are now calling on the Ogun State Commissioner of Police, Zonal Commander, Zone 2 and the Inspector General of Police to look into the matter and get the victims good medical care.

They also want the women to be duly compensated for the losses they have incurred as a result of not being able to go to the market.

Watch The Video HERE

https://zenithnaija.com/outrage-as-dpo-gives-brutalized-single-mothers-n3k-as-compensation-2/

1 Share

Re: Outrage As DPO Gives Brutalized Single Mothers N3k As Compensation by chyckxx(m): 11:07am On Nov 22, 2018
Na wa.
Re: Outrage As DPO Gives Brutalized Single Mothers N3k As Compensation by Firefire(m): 11:08am On Nov 22, 2018
See lawlessness?

I blame Buhary embarassed

1 Like

Re: Outrage As DPO Gives Brutalized Single Mothers N3k As Compensation by lordkush: 11:08am On Nov 22, 2018
nigerian police.

una mumu don do. abeg
Re: Outrage As DPO Gives Brutalized Single Mothers N3k As Compensation by cnwamo(m): 11:11am On Nov 22, 2018
3,000 naira?
This is amazing
Everyday We hear a new story
Just look at how they brutalized a woman fo God’s sake and then someone had the heart to give her 3,000 naira ah!!!!. Words fail me.
Re: Outrage As DPO Gives Brutalized Single Mothers N3k As Compensation by Holamidhe(m): 11:12am On Nov 22, 2018
Nigeria

Re: Outrage As DPO Gives Brutalized Single Mothers N3k As Compensation by lonelydora: 11:12am On Nov 22, 2018
I still do not understand why Nigerian uniform personnel think they can do whatever they like.

I had a similar experience at Nembe waterside in PH. A Navy personnel ignorantly shot at my truck tyres and damaged the 2 front tyres. After pleading with me by his superiors, they initially gave me 5k Naira for 2 truck tyres of 120k Naira.

I didn't even know whether to get angry or laugh at them. Las Las we were fine shaa.
Re: Outrage As DPO Gives Brutalized Single Mothers N3k As Compensation by doctokwus: 11:12am On Nov 22, 2018
N3000 is it for their damaged pepper or whatever they went to buy,or for transport or for just plaster on the wounds?
Opening a hospital card alone for that kind of grievous injury is N2000 at least,before you even talk of treatment of their wounds and drugs.
No wonder someone called it a sh ithole country.
Lawlessness has never been so brazen since d dullard took over.

2 Likes

Re: Outrage As DPO Gives Brutalized Single Mothers N3k As Compensation by SHOPPERS(m): 11:14am On Nov 22, 2018
Omo, see face!!! Na policeman do.person mama like this?? Nigeria
Re: Outrage As DPO Gives Brutalized Single Mothers N3k As Compensation by superlanny(m): 11:14am On Nov 22, 2018
This is outrageous and shows the high level of incompetence in the police force.
Re: Outrage As DPO Gives Brutalized Single Mothers N3k As Compensation by Olawaleyy036(m): 11:14am On Nov 22, 2018
grin
Re: Outrage As DPO Gives Brutalized Single Mothers N3k As Compensation by Wtfork: 11:17am On Nov 22, 2018
youkhgg4:

What do you want with all this mojo u r posting in every thread ?
Re: Outrage As DPO Gives Brutalized Single Mothers N3k As Compensation by Chizzyjoyce(f): 11:17am On Nov 22, 2018
This is extremely funny grin

3,000 grin grin
Re: Outrage As DPO Gives Brutalized Single Mothers N3k As Compensation by HeyCorleone(m): 11:17am On Nov 22, 2018
If your VP thinks giving 10k to people would turn their lives around, why isn't the DPO's 3k justified?

The black man's tale is a sad one.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Outrage As DPO Gives Brutalized Single Mothers N3k As Compensation by mikaelangelov: 11:18am On Nov 22, 2018
Next news we're gonna see is

OGUN STATE DPO MISSING

OGUN STATE POLICE STATION SET ABLAZE

REMAINS OF ABDUCTED OGUN STATE DPO FOUND, HEAD MISSING...

can you imagine grade 4 wounds that will require plastic surgery na Im person dey give person 3k

smh
Re: Outrage As DPO Gives Brutalized Single Mothers N3k As Compensation by vivaciousvivi(f): 11:19am On Nov 22, 2018
Wtfork:

What do you want with all this mojo u r posting in every thread ?
Next time, simply Report it (Like I did) and move on.
Disgusting people need not be given relevance

2 Likes

Re: Outrage As DPO Gives Brutalized Single Mothers N3k As Compensation by lonelydora: 11:20am On Nov 22, 2018
HeyCorleone:
If your VP thinks giving 10k to people would turn their lives around, why isn't the DPO's 3k justified?

The black man's tale is a sad one.

I wonder
Re: Outrage As DPO Gives Brutalized Single Mothers N3k As Compensation by Tonymegabush1(m): 11:22am On Nov 22, 2018
Sometimes I kept on wondering why would a police man or even any law enforcement agency results to beating up an individual be it a thief or otherwise, even at a point of refusal on arrest shouldn't be melted with such brutality....... No body is a criminal till proven by a competent law court.... NPF sud as a matter of urgency address such iberibeism from the ranks....
Re: Outrage As DPO Gives Brutalized Single Mothers N3k As Compensation by SassyFabrics101: 11:22am On Nov 22, 2018
Wat a lawless country ��
Re: Outrage As DPO Gives Brutalized Single Mothers N3k As Compensation by TheBlessedMAN: 11:24am On Nov 22, 2018
R
Re: Outrage As DPO Gives Brutalized Single Mothers N3k As Compensation by hush15: 11:25am On Nov 22, 2018
chyckxx:
Na wa.

At the end of the day, i blame the IGP and his oga, who is the president. The level of the impunity set by these two is the reason why police would misbehave any day, any time.
Re: Outrage As DPO Gives Brutalized Single Mothers N3k As Compensation by lalasticlala(m): 11:27am On Nov 22, 2018

(1)

Man Was Buried Along With His Mother After Spending Lavishly During Christmas / Waiter At Yahoo Boy’s Birthday Party Tells What Killed Over 50 Attendees / Yabatech Lagos is on fire Blackaxe vs Buccaneer cult war VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.