Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,068 members, 7,931,676 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 10:39 AM

Cliford Onuwor kills Innocent mother!!! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Cliford Onuwor kills Innocent mother!!! (2176 Views)

We Have Killed Many Innocent People In Lagos: Confess Gunmen (pic) / Suspected Human Eater, Cliford Orji Goes Mad In Kirikiri Prison / Where Is Cliford Orji? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cliford Onuwor kills Innocent mother!!! by bkbabe90(m): 11:11am On Jul 27, 2010
Much should not have been expected from this young man! His father was the First foreign-born Mayor of East-Cleveland, Ohio. An Ibo man from Nigeria, instead of using his office to promote goodwill, he tried, in typical selfish Ibo fashion, to greedily enrich himself to the detriment of his constituents. To show his that this was not Eastern Nigeria where criminals posing as elected officials are celebrated, his aszz was thrown in prison. While serving his jail time, his son, clearly acting out the wishes of his thieving father, murder his poor mother! Hopefully, he gets to share his prison cell with his father!

Clifton Onunwor sentenced to life for killing his mother
Published: Friday, August 21, 2009, 11:26 AM     Updated: Friday, August 21, 2009, 12:28 PM
  Mike Tobin, The Plain Dealer
Follow
Share this story
Story tools
Marvin Fong/The Plain Dealer
Clifton Onunwor at the start of his trial in July.
CLEVELAND — The son of the imprisoned former East Cleveland mayor will spend the rest of his life behind bars for killing his mother -- shooting her eight times in the face and body while she watched TV in the living room of her Cleveland home.
Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Judge Nancy Fuerst sentenced Clifton Onunwor this morning to life in prison without parole. A jury found Onunwor, 23, guilty earlier this month of aggravated murder and tampering with evidence.
Onunwor maintains his innocence and begged Fuerst for mercy before his sentencing. He said he loved and respected his mother, Diane, and is grief-stricken by her death.

"I have been suffering with the anguish of not knowing who did this to my family," Onunwor said. "I didn't commit these crimes. ,  I never had any type of resentment toward my mother."
• Clifton Onunwor convicted of killing his mother
• Clifton Onunwor killed his mother to settle score over father's case, prosecutors contend; defense says theory unsound
• Clifton Onunwor charged with killing his mother
• 22-year-old Clifton Onunwor indicted in shooting death of his mother
• Diane Onunwor, ex-wife of former mayor, is found slain
• Ex-mayor, co-felons sentenced in bribe case
• Jury convicts Gray in 2nd trial

Diane Onunwor's sister, Elaine Cermak, also implored the judge for mercy on her nephew's behalf.
"I can't even begin to know the excruciating heartbreak Clifton felt when discovering the lifeless body of his mother in her home," Cermak said, as Onunwor squeezed his eyes shut and sobbed in the courtroom. "I know my nephew would never hurt a strand of hair on his mother's head, no less murder her."
Onunwor's motive for the murder is still unclear. Prosecutors said before the trial that they would prove that he harbored deep-seated resentment and rage toward his mother for playing a role in the conviction of his father, Emmanuel, on bribery and corruption charges in 2004.
Emmanuel Onunwor is the former mayor of East Cleveland.
But federal prosecutors told The Plain Dealer that Diane Onunwor had no role in her ex-husband's prosecution, and the revenge theory was not introduced to the jury.
Clifton Onunwor worked as a security guard at a scrap-metal yard and carried a 9 mm Glock semiautomatic handgun, Assistant County Prosecutor Mark Mahoney told the jury during the trial.
In the months before Diane Onunwor's death, Clifton Onunwor repeatedly asked, sometimes begged, a co-worker to trade guns with him.
The co-worker refused every time. But another friend, whom the defendant knew from a security job at a gas station, agreed to swap his 9 mm Smith & Wesson pistol for Onunwor's gun the day before Diane Onunwor's body was discovered. Bullets found at the crime scene had been fired from the Smith & Wesson.
Mahoney said Clifton Onunwor was under great stress last September when the crime was committed. The defendant was under financial strain, had girlfriend problems and had a falling-out with his mother, Mahoney said.

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2009/08/onunwor_sentenced_to_life_for.html
Re: Cliford Onuwor kills Innocent mother!!! by bkbabe90(m): 11:20am On Jul 27, 2010
Ah, I see that Ibos are popping in and outta this thread scared to drop comments! Oh boy!
Re: Cliford Onuwor kills Innocent mother!!! by cantell(m): 11:47am On Jul 27, 2010
Bkbabe90,
Were you not discharged from the psych ward two days ago?
Are the drugs no longer working?

1 Like

Re: Cliford Onuwor kills Innocent mother!!! by Justcash(m): 11:55am On Jul 27, 2010
Warning!

If you don't want to be chased after by a Lady with a premature long D"I"c-k called BK/Male babe 97-90, STAY OFF THIS THREAD!

He/she is in his/her heat period!

grin grin grin Stu'pi'd A's's "G'AY" Mofo!
Re: Cliford Onuwor kills Innocent mother!!! by omamokta: 1:45pm On Jul 27, 2010
You are an ethnic jingoist, that is why we have problem in Nigeria. angry angry angry
Re: Cliford Onuwor kills Innocent mother!!! by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jul 27, 2010
please stop these tribalistic threads
Re: Cliford Onuwor kills Innocent mother!!! by bkbabe90(m): 3:07pm On Jul 27, 2010
wut'd I do wrong? I seen news, I reported it. . . . .!!!! undecided

(1) (Reply)

(graphic Pics) Train Kills Man (cuts Him Into Pieces) In Oshodi / Policemen Molest A Fine Girl, I Intervened, I Regret It[PIC&GRAPIC DETAILS +20] / List Of Nigerian Laws That Are Strange

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.