Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,578 members, 7,917,842 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 04:29 PM

Cobhams Endorses Singer Banky W For Lagos House Of Rep - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Cobhams Endorses Singer Banky W For Lagos House Of Rep (397 Views)

WIZKID Endorses Banky W For House Of Representatives Seat / Blackface Sues Wizkid And Banky W For Copyright Infringement / Wizkid Apologizes To Banky W For Missing His Traditional Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cobhams Endorses Singer Banky W For Lagos House Of Rep by Dailyhappenings: 11:46am On Nov 23, 2018
Cobhams took to his pages, reminiscing on his experiences with Singer Banky W as he is contesting for the position of House of Representative in Lagos,

He Wrote that "The first time I met Banky was in 2008. I was writing an Etisalat commercial and I needed a certain style of voice on the song. I thought of the fresh new artist who sang the song "Ebutemetta" - BankyW. He was quite fresh on the naija music scene at that time, so I didn't know anything about him. After a few calls, I was able to track him down only to learn he wasn't in the country, but because I was determined to get his voice on the track, I stalled the project.

When we finally got into the studio to voice the commercial, we worked through the night and I was struck by how professional, hard working and good natured he was. He left quite an impression on me, but the biggest surprise was yet to come.

A few weeks later, I called him to confirm that the client had for the job and I had a cheque for him, but instead he flat out refused the cheque and didn't want to be paid! He said he was just happy to have done the job. I was shocked. Why would an artist, especially a new one refuse good money for a major campaign for a big brand? I was absolutely blown away! But I was glad about how the story eventually turned out. The client loved the 0809ja song and wanted to meet the artist who sang on it to see him and know if he would be interested in also appearing in the TV commercial. One thing led to another and that's how BankyW, a brand new artist on the naija scene, became an Etisalat ambassador and went on to perform all over the country that year for the brand. I would later learn that one of the ogas at the advertising agency believed so strongly that Banky would deliver on the commercial that he staked his salary on it. .

Fast forward to the present, Banky and I have developed one of the most treasured friendships I have in my life. With him I am able to have tough conversations. Nothing is off limits. He's not ashamed or afraid to express brotherly love in a way that others may consider to be "uncool". We became neighbours at a point and it wasn't uncommon for Banky to pop in just to make sure that I and my family were doing OK, or to invite me to his house to listen to music"

source: https://www.musictori.com/2018/11/cobhams-endorses-singer-banky-w-for.html

cc: lalasticlala, mynd44, dominique

1 Share

Re: Cobhams Endorses Singer Banky W For Lagos House Of Rep by SIMPLYkush: 12:04pm On Nov 23, 2018
This blind fool needs help in putting his dick in a pussy... what advice does he know
Re: Cobhams Endorses Singer Banky W For Lagos House Of Rep by MJBOLT: 12:15pm On Nov 23, 2018
SIMPLYkush:
This blind fool needs help in putting his dick in a pussy... what advice does he know

Re: Cobhams Endorses Singer Banky W For Lagos House Of Rep by Mrop(m): 2:07pm On Nov 23, 2018
cheesy smiley
Re: Cobhams Endorses Singer Banky W For Lagos House Of Rep by Peterdredd(m): 2:14pm On Nov 23, 2018
cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Ghanian Actress Gets A Costumized Audi A8 Automobile(photos) / Reekado Banks, Timaya, Others Dazzle Fans With Hero Music Fiesta / 10 Celebrity Beef That Happened In 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.