Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,916 members, 7,912,509 topics. Date: Tuesday, 06 August 2024 at 10:02 AM

More About Witches In The Uk - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / More About Witches In The Uk (988 Views)

Do You Actually Believe In The Existence Of Witches And Wizards? / Apostle Johnson Suleman Calls Out Witches In Lagos Crusade!! (Video:March 2015) / Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

More About Witches In The Uk by PastorAIO: 4:49pm On Jul 27, 2010
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/dispatches/4od#3109015

These demonic pastors just don't want to stop their deceitful wicked ways.
Re: More About Witches In The Uk by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:11pm On Jul 27, 2010
Pastor AIO:

What do you think can be done to these charlatans and witches if you believe they exist?
Re: More About Witches In The Uk by e36991: 5:35pm On Jul 27, 2010

Undercover Reporter - Juliana Oladipo

Juliana Oladipo, goes undercover for Britain's Witch Children and writes about her brutal and frightening experience.

The first time I sat in the back of the producer's car driving to a 'child deliverance', I was seriously afraid. I was a 23-year-old journalism student surrounded by a team of filmmakers. More importantly, how would my character, 15-year-old 'Buki' feel? She had just returned from Nigeria and because of one or two typical teenage tantrums, was being dragged into a dark church on a dark street with her mother to be assessed by a pastor.

I asked God to watch over me. Very out of character for Juliana,

Not a Religious Person

It was when I began studying at university that I realised I didn't consider myself a religious person. As well as being lured into the bureaucracy and at times complete coldness that comes from working and studying in an ego-driven newsroom, I became more aware and sickened by the hundreds of hate crimes and murders that take place across Britain each year, all in the name of God.

My Background

Although I was born and raised in London, taking into consideration that both my parents are Nigerian and religion plays such a predominant part in African culture, and more specifically in the upbringing of African children, I almost feel a touch of guilt when I say out loud that I have shied away from the church. In some corners, to deny the church is to deny your identity.

Getting Involved in the Film

I was initally apprehensive about signing on to the film when I was approached by the production company making it, Oxford Scientific Films.

The producers informed me that some children from an African background living in Britain, were being abused – sexually, physically and emotionally – by their parents and guardians as they believe their child has been possessed by evil spirits. In the case of Victoria Climbie, who was killed by her guardians in 2000, abuse could lead to murder.

Victoria Climbie

I was only 14 at the time but I can vividly remember the strong public outcry when details were released of how that little girl year had died. During their police interviews, both killers had claimed that Victoria was possessed and described her as 'satan'. They were also known to have strong affiliations with the church. Young Victoria's suffering included being burnt with cigarettes, being tied up for periods of longer than 24 hours and being hit with bike chains, hammers and wires.

Accused of Being Possessed by an Evil Demon

Still feeling slightly ignorant, I watched for the third time the award-winning Saving Africa's Witch Children. The film highlights the sickening plight of the poor and vulnerable, inflicted by people with a strong belief in black magic and sorcery.

Throughout the undercover filming process, I was confused and physically harassed by large male pastors. I was screamed at and accused of being possessed by an evil demon. As far as these pastors were concerned, I was 15 years old and had been locking my bedroom door at night.

Exploiting the Vulnerable

What happened to love thy neighbour and thou shall not judge? What happened to protecting our children from exploitation without making any excuses for the parents of the children being forced into these frightening, disturbing exorcisms? The people that these unholy African priests are targeting are on the whole ostracised by society. As well as having immigration problems, they are often unemployed, uneducated and lost in the system.

Is it a surprise then that children like 'Buki' (my character in the film) are so angry and disconnected from society? She and others like her are being blamed by pastors for being the cause of family grief because they are 'witches'.

If nothing else, my only hope is that the film highlights the serious and growing issue of child exploitation taking place in a small minority of our African churches.

Pastor AIO:

OLAADEGBU:

What do you think can be done to these charlatans and witches if you believe they exist?

@^^^

The tares look beautiful but it is a con. They are yellow and look like wheat but have smaller seeds

Tares seeds causes severe nausea, produces vomit, severe headaches and a host of other illnesses when eaten.

The farmer's helper was exasperated over the con too and asked what can be done about the tares.

He wanted to pull up and yank out the tares but was forbidden.

The farmer told him to let the tares and wheat grow together.

If any of the tares were pulled out now, it could destroy the roots of the wheat.

He was advised it is best to wait until the harvest to yank them out.

Another advice will be expose the tares as Dispatches did
Re: More About Witches In The Uk by PastorAIO: 5:54pm On Jul 27, 2010
e36991:

Another advice will be expose the tares as Dispatches did

. . . But touch not the lord's anointed.
Re: More About Witches In The Uk by e36991: 6:13pm On Jul 27, 2010
Pastor AIO:

. . .  But touch not the lord's anointed.

@Pastor AIO

Pastor AIO long time . . .

I know you're taking the mick

but anyways these tares havent got an ice block chance in hell King Saul's type immunity

They havent got the OT style-oil-anointing or the NT style-Holy Spirit-anointing

so without any fear of reprisals, these tares can be touched . . .

As a matter of fact their torched days are numbered.
Re: More About Witches In The Uk by nuclearboy(m): 8:15pm On Jul 27, 2010
[1] One or two of these "tares" tied unto chairs in a locked room
[2] A gas welding set with a cigarette lighter
[3] A pair of cutting pliers
[4] A swiss army knife
[5] Me cool with the sergeant major back at school following my orders

JUSTICE! smiley

(1) (Reply)

Absolute Confirmation That Jesus Is The Son Of God / .. / Money Is God: The New Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.