Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,572 members, 7,921,187 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 07:22 PM

Young lovethpatra a Former DSP Emerges Kick Boxing Champion - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Young lovethpatra a Former DSP Emerges Kick Boxing Champion (318 Views)

Jack Johnson: The First Black Man To Win The Heavyweight Boxing Champion / Buhari Congratulates New Boxing Champion, Ridwan "The Scorpion" / Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Young lovethpatra a Former DSP Emerges Kick Boxing Champion by Christian590(m): 5:45am On Nov 25, 2018
A Nigerian kick-boxer,  Lovethpatra Young has emerged the new  world champion after defeating Cynthia Arceo in a fight in California, USA. Lovethpatra Young Young defeated Arceo by a technical submission knockout in the straw weight category to become the first female African  to win a mixed martial arts World Championship title.  Lovethpatra had in June fought Arceo for the title, with the fight ending in a draw Young, who is also a police DSP started kickboxing and boxing in 2005 in Rivers State Port Harcourt. In 2007, she won the Kick-boxing World Championship title in Kharsruhe Germany, by so becoming the first female in Africa to win the title. Speaking with Mognews,  an excited Young described her conquest as one of the greatest moments in her career. “I am very excited that I finally won this fight. I am grateful to God and my trainers here in the USA. This is one of the greatest moments in my fighting career,” she said. She also appealed to the Nigerian government to support its citizens who are doing the nation proud. “It is not easy surviving here. My appeal is for the Nigerian government to support athletes like me who are doing the nation proud. We are not asking for much. Just support from our government,” she stated. 
http://mognews.com/2018/11/25/young-former-dsp-emerges-kick-boxing-world-champion/
Re: Young lovethpatra a Former DSP Emerges Kick Boxing Champion by edaferigho(m): 5:57am On Nov 25, 2018
Pics please

(1) (Reply)

Football Bankers Prediction / Chelsea 4 – 0 PAOK Salonika (nov-29-2018) UEL Group Stage Highlights / Have Manchester United Fans Accepted The B List Status

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.