Stats: 3,173,703 members, 7,889,236 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 06:23 AM

What Is The Remedy For Social Anxiety? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Is The Remedy For Social Anxiety? (10929 Views)

Ben Ayade: If You Wear Face Mask, No Need For Social Distancing (Video) / Coronavirus: IGP Tells Nigerians Not To Visit Police Stations For Social Visits / What's The Remedy For Vaginal Bleeding After Taking Postinor 2 (2) (3) (4)

Re: What Is The Remedy For Social Anxiety? by Donniefred(m): 7:30pm On Nov 28, 2018
Elliot2:
u can't experience this shit without becoming a vaseline crew member;they must go together. It is a shitty poo situation. I suffered it for over eight years, but my saving grace was my roomie back then in sch. Bad nigga reformatted me.
Re: What Is The Remedy For Social Anxiety? by Biodun1929(m): 7:33pm On Nov 28, 2018
Apcboy:
.How many friends do u have?
.Pick a outdoor hobbie or sport
.Try not to stay indoor everytime
.Try to chat more with friends online it will build confidence
.Apply for a job

BTW i know u must be a strong vaseline extremist

lol! See you spoil your comment with that last line. But you are right though. grin
Re: What Is The Remedy For Social Anxiety? by Harpyeagle(m): 7:34pm On Nov 28, 2018
U're not alone bro. I have same issue too. See a clinical psychologist
Or get self-help books with ERP therapy techniques. Google Search and download e-books/pdfs study and apply them. But seeing a professional could be the best remedy.

Re: What Is The Remedy For Social Anxiety? by CapedBaldy: 7:41pm On Nov 28, 2018
Biodun1929:
OP, I was EXACTLY like you a few years ago...I mean to a T. I still hate going out, but I am better now. First of all, if you masturbate, stop it...or at least reduce it drastically. If possible, have constant sex...lots of sex (ofcos with the same person). Then focus on something, one thing...till you become an expert in it. It could be anything...animals, writing, politics, power of the mind...anything. Just be so good at it that people have to come to you whenever they want to know about it. This will boost your self esteem. Start with this...You will get better.
I have the same issue but I don't know how sex is necessary to get over anxiety. I'm 18 and don't plan on doing that at this stage of my life

Re: What Is The Remedy For Social Anxiety? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Nov 28, 2018
Itzurboi:
It is not a problem, that's just who you are...
**Modified
You need to accept, embrace yourself for who you are. Has it occur to you that there are people who wants to be of your type, just like you are wishing to switch side.
For me, going to see a professional in this case is just like trying to submit yourself for a new phobia test...
Why am i telling you this, i am like you with little difference.
I have this condition also, and truth be told, it's not something one should want to accept. It's an abnormality that needs to be curbed. I think it has a whole lot to do with the mind; the ability to control the thoughts that hover around the walls of the heart. Social anxiety and procrastination are closely related. It really isn't easy to deal with.

Re: What Is The Remedy For Social Anxiety? by zomby(m): 7:46pm On Nov 28, 2018
G511:
Good evening

For the past 6 years I have been having social phobia or anxiety... to the extend that

1. I hate working along a crowd or an open place...especially when I am alone
2. I find it difficult to maintain eye contacts when communicating
3. I feel nervous working along a street ,etc
4. I like staying alone especially indoors.

Doctors in the House,pls what are the possible solutions or remedies to SOCIAL ANXIETY

Thanks alot

Believe it or not, nothing is wrong with you, as most people share the same anxiety. This is mostly because you're too afraid to screw up and may be a little bit of lack of self confidence (this is normal).
My advise is for you is to simply identify exactly why you feel this way, or what is causing you to feel this way and attack the issue....You can do this by facing the demon one on one.
Go out of your way to maintain eye contacts when communicating with anyone (you can start this process by communicating with your siblings, then your friends and then your boss at work.
Also go out of your way to be in the crowd and feel free and happy.

No need to waste your time and money on seeing any clinical psychologist...as Psychologist sef has his or her own demons. You are the only one that can attack this demon and claim the victory.

Good luck!

Re: What Is The Remedy For Social Anxiety? by Elliot2(m): 7:48pm On Nov 28, 2018
Donniefred:
after telling ma dis ma nigga issue,nigga hooked me up with dis badass calabar girl,wey use her bleeping and social(communication) skills to change my life. Sadly,my other friend who had same social issues could not break even till we graduated. It was so bad nigga dodged all presentations in sch except final project defence.

Re: What Is The Remedy For Social Anxiety? by Biodun1929(m): 7:53pm On Nov 28, 2018
CapedBaldy:

I have the same issue but I don't know how sex is necessary to get over anxiety. I'm 18 and don't plan on doing that at this stage of my life

Okay. I understand. I just spoke on what worked perfectly for me...not all the textbook theories people are recommending. You can focus on the latter part of my comment though, not the sex part. It can still work for you.
Re: What Is The Remedy For Social Anxiety? by Itzurboi(m): 7:57pm On Nov 28, 2018
Jayhazard:

I have this condition also, and truth be told, it's not something one should want to accept. It's an abnormality that needs to be curbed. I think it has a whole lot to do with the mind; the ability to control the thoughts that hover around the walls of the heart. Social anxiety and procrastination are closely related. It really isn't easy to deal with.
Yeah, you are right to an extent but how will you define an introvert? will you tag it to be an abnormality? the fact that you got to the other phase of your social life doesn't make the previous state abnormal, the new phase is just what you have always wanted and now you are in.
Re: What Is The Remedy For Social Anxiety? by anselm791(m): 8:14pm On Nov 28, 2018
G511:
Good evening

For the past 6 years I have been having social phobia or anxiety... to the extend that

Doctors in the House,pls what are the possible solutions or remedies to SOCIAL ANXIETY

Thanks alot

Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.
WhatsApp - 07032051102
Re: What Is The Remedy For Social Anxiety? by cuteboimillz(m): 8:20pm On Nov 28, 2018
Re: What Is The Remedy For Social Anxiety? by cuteboimillz(m): 8:27pm On Nov 28, 2018
[/quote][b][quote author=Apcboy post=73386546].How many friends do u have? .Pick a outdoor hobbie or sport .Try not to stay indoor everytime .Try to chat more with friends online it will build confidence .Apply for a job

[/b]BTW i know u must be a strong vaseline extremist grin grin
Re: What Is The Remedy For Social Anxiety? by Virtutis: 8:33pm On Nov 28, 2018
Op,the best thing to do is to go to a teaching hospital to see a psychiatrist who will help you to manage this condition with drugs and psychotherapy. What you described looks like GAD.

And follow the suggestions by others such as having an outdoor hobby, attending more activities outside and others except the sex part.

Re: What Is The Remedy For Social Anxiety? by Uglymind: 8:35pm On Nov 28, 2018
Drink lots of alcohol and fuvk a lot.. Trust me
Re: What Is The Remedy For Social Anxiety? by ikorodureporta: 8:45pm On Nov 28, 2018
U sound like a female, teenager.
Yr environment must be d main challenge.
What eva u do, focus on it & forget abt what ppl wl say. If u'r a church goer, join as many groups as possible in the church...get busy, & all those things will fade away.
In my nysc days, that's how one of us was...she was afraid of the students, & always wanting our company

Re: What Is The Remedy For Social Anxiety? by JuanDeDios: 9:07pm On Nov 28, 2018
dominique:
What you described is a condition called Agoraphobia. Go read up on it
It's probably more than that, given point number 2. He should see a psychiatrist.
Re: What Is The Remedy For Social Anxiety? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Nov 28, 2018
dicksonadams:
Take fancidar

Re: What Is The Remedy For Social Anxiety? by Baratheon: 9:29pm On Nov 28, 2018
Biodun1929:
OP, I was EXACTLY like you a few years ago...I mean to a T. I still hate going out, but I am better now. First of all, if you masturbate, stop it...or at least reduce it drastically. If possible, have constant sex...lots of sex (ofcos with the same person). Then focus on something, one thing...till you become an expert in it. It could be anything...animals, writing, politics, power of the mind...anything. Just be so good at it that people have to come to you whenever they want to know about it. This will boost your self esteem. Start with this...You will get better.
If you don't mind me asking, what's the correlation between having lots of sex and self esteem?

Re: What Is The Remedy For Social Anxiety? by Babysho(m): 9:41pm On Nov 28, 2018
Hedonini:
Hang out a lot, even if alone at first. Drink a few beers. Hook up your dream girls (they are closet runs girls, you would see them if you hang out a lot and know what's up). F.u.ck a lot. I repeat, fuu.ck a lot. The experience of demystifying your dream spec does wonders for your Psyche

You would see things, experience things, learn things. Your body go come down.

Social anxiety is a product of isolation and exclusion. If you defeat isolation and exclusion, then say bye to social anxiety. Soji yourself by following the instruction in my first paragraph. And thank me later.

Re: What Is The Remedy For Social Anxiety? by Baratheon: 9:43pm On Nov 28, 2018
dicksonadams:
Take fancidar
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Remedy For Social Anxiety? by Bayoibee: 9:46pm On Nov 28, 2018
Ok first of all it seems more like GAD to me which could also be as a result of natural shyness,I'm also like you and I'm still in my transition process to become a changed man.There are a lot reasons you feel this way,either you always believe that everyone is staring at you all the time so you feel pretty much insecure and always afraid to screw up in front of others, it could be your environment,the kind people around you,the way you were brought up,are you the type that's always locked up indoors all day while growing up and not given any responsibilities that'll make you active outdoors and lots more which I can't talk about here,trying to make it short as possible.
Ok so here are some my tips that'll help;
1.)Be determined to change and build your self confidence.
2.)Change your environment,start over in a new place where no one knows you, it'll make it alot easier for you to change that way.
3.) Smile more often so it'll send a strong message to others that you're a nice person and available to talk, talking with more people takes your mind off the problem, trust me it builds more self confidence.
4.) Join a church group
5.) Never stay indoors more than an hour at evenings,stay outside,with neighbors or stroll around your hood while smiling (not like psycho o). it might not be easy at first but it'll pay off
6.) Always Make time to call ur friends even the ones that don't call you sef
7.) Pray and read books
8.) Avoid masturbation,that shit can literally drain the juice out of your brains and make you depressed,leading to more complications
9.) Never say no to any offer for social gathering like parties, wedding ceremonies and stuffs like that.
10.) Don't avoid eye contact,try not to count your steps while walking on the street,raise your head high, put your chest out forward and avoid round shoulders by bending your back due to the fact that you're always staring downwards to avoid eye contact. Still have a lot more to share in case you need more help

Re: What Is The Remedy For Social Anxiety? by GODWINGODSON(m): 9:51pm On Nov 28, 2018
stop masturbating! stop it and u will see wonders! google NOFAP now to understand better.

Re: What Is The Remedy For Social Anxiety? by Biodun1929(m): 9:58pm On Nov 28, 2018
Baratheon:
If you don't mind me asking, what's the correlation between having lots of sex and self esteem?

If you have been masturbating too much (which I feel the OP has been doing), then having sex will surely boost your self esteem.

Re: What Is The Remedy For Social Anxiety? by Olusharp(m): 10:13pm On Nov 28, 2018
G511:
Good evening

Thanks alot
You just describe me...

Re: What Is The Remedy For Social Anxiety? by Optionally(f): 10:44pm On Nov 28, 2018
G511:
Cc Dr Lexusgs Dr Uche
Lexusgs430?

Re: What Is The Remedy For Social Anxiety? by Lexusgs430: 11:02pm On Nov 28, 2018
G511:
Cc Dr Lexusgs
Dr Uche

Social anxiety? Flesh it out a bit more....... Social anxiety can be due to varying factors.... How does it affect you personally?

Cc : Optionally

Re: What Is The Remedy For Social Anxiety? by Lexusgs430: 11:15pm On Nov 28, 2018
G511:
Good evening

Thanks alot

What has brought this sudden change in personality? Any recent or past experiences?

Re: What Is The Remedy For Social Anxiety? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Nov 28, 2018
G511:
Good evening

Thanks alot

U mean u weren't experiencing these things while u were growing up?
Re: What Is The Remedy For Social Anxiety? by Abcruz(m): 12:22am On Nov 29, 2018
Biodun1929:
OP, I was EXACTLY like you a few years ago...I mean to a T. I still hate going out, but I am better now. First of all, if you masturbate, stop it...or at least reduce it drastically. if possible, have constant sex...lots of sex (ofcos with the same person). Then focus on something, one thing...till you become an expert in it. It could be anything...animals, writing, politics, power of the mind...anything. Just be so good at it that people have to come to you whenever they want to know about it. This will boost your self esteem. Start with this...You will get better.

Hear the word of the Sovereign Lord O simple one:

"There is no substitute to evil that is safe and secured.

Desist from wrong counsel and save your soul from the pit of hell.

Flee from sexual immortality for your body is the temple of the holy spirit.

Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, "The two will become one flesh." --1st Corinthians 6:16

Accept Jesus with your whole heart and soul, and Incline your ears to the reproves of life for your own good and for the good of the children after you.!!!"

Re: What Is The Remedy For Social Anxiety? by generationz(f): 1:41am On Nov 29, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Social anxiety? Flesh it out a bit more....... Social anxiety can be due to varying factors.... How does it affect you personally?

Cc : Optionally

are you a medical doctor?
Re: What Is The Remedy For Social Anxiety? by Lexusgs430: 1:43am On Nov 29, 2018
generationz:

are you a medical doctor?

Who wants to know?

COVID-19 Update For February 2 2021 In Nigeria / What Is The Best Cure For Eczema And Black Spots / Finally Hiv/aids, Cancer, Fibroid And Other Stubborn Ailments Gets A Cure

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62