Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,788 members, 7,875,962 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:25 AM

Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) - Sports (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) (119849 Views)

Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Quarter Final (2 - 1) Full Time / Nigeria Vs South Africa: 2018 AWCON Final - 4 - 3 Penalties (Full Time) / Cameroon Vs Nigeria: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 1 - 1 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by kapelvej: 8:54pm On Nov 27, 2018
edupedia:

....stop codeine
Why, it is just a moment of madness
Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by Pidginwhisper: 8:54pm On Nov 27, 2018
naptu2:

Personally, I believe that the NFF is at the centre of all our problems. They frustrated Omagbemi out of the job because she asked for her entitlements (just take a look at what Desire Ellis has been able to accomplish with Banyana and then imagine what would have happened if Omagbemi had continued in the job), bungled the appointment of Randy Waldrum (who was their first choice as replacement for Omagbemi) and took a very long time before appointing Dennerby.

Then they abandoned the team and we did not have enough grade A friendlies to be able to assess the performance of the coach and the players and to enable the players to blend properly. In fact we had only one grade A friendly, against France, which we lost 8-0, meanwhile South Africa played two games against Sweden and games against France and Chile.
Well said bro. The NFF is a corrupt entity. They have no iota of respect for indigenous coaches. You'll owe coaches 5months salaries + entitlements and still expect them to carry on without complain Whereas you'd pay Foreign coaches their own before the month ends. Bayana played close to 15matches prior to this Tournament, you can't expect less from the, even though Falcons would've beaten them with a good coach in charge not this Ikwikwi looking atutupoyoyo!

1 Like

Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by mechanics(m): 8:59pm On Nov 27, 2018
wow, nice one.
Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by Nobody: 9:01pm On Nov 27, 2018
The cameroonians have themselves to blame.

They were good in passing and all that but did not know how to penetrate super falcons defense.

For the super falcons, I wouldn't say their victory is luck. They defend as a team which is probably a good habit this coach might have instilled in them.

They need to work on their passing and patient build up. When making forays to the opponent goal post, they need to be more clinical and show more team work.

In all, if South Africa works harder, they may just lift the trophy. For Nigeria, if they go to the world cup with this mentality, they sure will be humiliated out of the tournament.

7 Likes

Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by naptu2: 9:16pm On Nov 27, 2018
Record

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by incomeboostng: 9:17pm On Nov 27, 2018
Biscari:
The cameroonians have themselves to blame.

They were good in passing and all that but did not know how to penetrate super falcons defense.

For the super falcons, I wouldn't say their victory is luck. They defend as a team which is probably a good habit this coach might have instilled in them.

They need to work on their passing and patient build up. When making forays to the opponent goal post, they need to be more clinical and show more team work.

In all, if South Africa works harder, they may just lift the trophy. For Nigeria, if they go to the world cup with this mentality, they sure will be humiliated out of the tournament.
didn't watch though but your analysis is succinct smiley
Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by incomeboostng: 9:20pm On Nov 27, 2018
naptu2:
Record
cheesy not bad
Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by ayobaye(m): 9:23pm On Nov 27, 2018
sheylarhh:

South Africa 1 vs Mali 0

South Africa 2 Mali 0
Nigeria v South Africa at Accra
Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by ChinagoChiBoy: 9:33pm On Nov 27, 2018
Any spirit of Cameron's lioness die......die and catch fire.
Any spirit that will make you work harder and play better but another man will come and win and get the glory is not your portion.
I have prayed my own if you believe it Like and Share

6 Likes

Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by Tokziby: 9:36pm On Nov 27, 2018
Pidginwhisper:
You can imagine. And somebody dey tell me say dem hire the Albino for WC. Hence he has nothing to do with Continental Trophy. We go see am for WC

if a coach cannot perform against a weaker opponent, then how is he expected to perform against a tougher one? if u say all our players ply their trade abroad, then we are about to play the "Abroad" themselves. This coach is not different from Berti Vogts that coached the German to their triump in euro 96 but cannot guide Nigeria past quarter finals in 2008 which happened to be our worst performance since 1982. For the fact that Dennerby was the swedish coach for 7 years does not mean he has what it takes to coach an African side. He left the job 6 years ago, how do we expect him to still be top of his game

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by Pidginwhisper: 9:40pm On Nov 27, 2018
Tokziby:

if a coach cannot perform against a weaker opponent, then how is he expected to perform against a tougher one? if u say all our players ply their trade abroad, then we are about to play the "Abroad" themselves. This coach is not different from Berti Vogts that coached the German to their triump in euro 96 but cannot guide Nigeria past quarter finals in 2008 which happened to be our worst performance since 1982. For the fact that Dennerby was the swedish coach for 7 years does not mean he has what it takes to coach an African side. He left the job 6 years ago, how do we expect him to still be top of his game
No mind dem bro. Dem dey make silly case for him
Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by salesforce: 9:48pm On Nov 27, 2018
Luck is a karma.. woeful performance by the super falcons ..the Cameroon are way better but couldn’t convert thank God we won by luck . Oshoala and oparanozie thought they were going to play Zambia wonders why I didn’t see them much on pitch today

2 Likes

Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by sogodihno: 9:53pm On Nov 27, 2018
when is d final match and time
Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by pius4luv(m): 9:53pm On Nov 27, 2018
When is the final ?[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by Omeny: 9:55pm On Nov 27, 2018
mikron:
Goal ball grin grin grin grin
Lol.
You no serious Ooooh.
Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by observanc1: 9:59pm On Nov 27, 2018
dazzlingd:

Lol
yes naa
Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by flowbaze(m): 10:11pm On Nov 27, 2018
naija babes were dam lucky.. well sha good luck guys
Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by BillgatesMaigad(m): 10:18pm On Nov 27, 2018
Oyindidi:
Are you okay?
No I don't wear okay or made in Aba, i wear designers
Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by Smooyis(m): 10:33pm On Nov 27, 2018
Law of karma is hunting Cameroon female team. shocked

2 Likes

Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by mikron(m): 10:33pm On Nov 27, 2018
Oyindidi:
I go Church earlier, I don showgrin I talk am sey we go win grin
are u from bayelsa? The oyindi sounds like izon
Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by Oyindidi(f): 10:49pm On Nov 27, 2018
mikron:
are u from bayelsa? The oyindi sounds like izon
Oyin in my moniker is Yoruba meaning honey. Yes, I'm partly Bayelsa
Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by mikron(m): 10:53pm On Nov 27, 2018
Oyindidi:
Oyin in my moniker is Yoruba meaning honey. Yes, I'm partly Bayelsa
OK. same here
Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by Oyindidi(f): 10:55pm On Nov 27, 2018
mikron:
OK. same here
Nice
Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by oloriooko(m): 10:55pm On Nov 27, 2018
Ebi the captain is my woman of the match today
She was rock solid and never showed any sign of tiredness
Okobi had an off day today
Oshoola and Ordega were curtailed today but Oshoola helped in the defence while Ordega was lost on the pitch
Our goalie saved a pk and she was alert today

1 Like

Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by chocboi78(m): 11:45pm On Nov 27, 2018
martineverest:
he doesn't need to be sacked...he doesn6 understand African football.we hired him cos of world cup
just imagine u...if he didnt make it to d semis, which world cup will he take the team to

1 Like

Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by AnalQueenluci: 12:05am On Nov 28, 2018
MONIKERREVEALER:

hehehe this babe ga emurukwa m aru with ochi ooo!

bia asa, i si na i gbakanari oparanozie na ordega na boolu? hahaha!

ok o, ka anyi nebenyezialu anya na ma o nwe club na akwuta ezigbo ugwo a ga etinye my sister na ya.

udo di!
longest time , igbo man
Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by MONIKERREVEALER: 1:25am On Nov 28, 2018
AnalQueenluci:
longest time , igbo man

anal

ke kwa n?

udo.
Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by johnie: 3:10am On Nov 28, 2018
naptu2:
grin grin grin grin grin

Between a Cameroonian and a Nigerian.

(I can understand the Cameroonian's sentiments. This is how I felt in 1988).

And how I felt in 2000 after watching Ikpeba miss his penalty live at the National Stadium, Surulere!

1 Like

Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by HZNjnr(m): 5:43am On Nov 28, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

femi4:
Go now and preach the Gospel to others grin
Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by naijajobx: 5:51am On Nov 28, 2018
smiley
Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by allaboutobed(m): 8:38am On Nov 28, 2018
femi4:
Seconded, first time we got dominated from start to finish since 1998
this is not even the first time I still remember the final game in d last championship, they played us like mad. The team need a complete overhaul.

1 Like

Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by allaboutobed(m): 8:49am On Nov 28, 2018
DTaj:
We SCRAPED through by the skin of our teeth!

However, I insist that this current Falcons side needs a complete overhaul. I have never watched a poorer Falcons side (and I’ve watched them since 1991).

It is either we SACK this clueless Denerby foreign manager and recruit a better one or we retain him BUT disband this squad and keep only about 4-5 of them. Quite a lot of our players are old, slow, and lack basic football skills.

The Cameroon ladies were far better, fitter, stronger, passed far better, and were far more purposeful in all sections of play than us; but only lacked finishing.

Good luck in the finals.

We have qualified for the 2019 World Cup in France already with this evening’s result BUT we should not disgrace ourselves there with THIS current squad!!!
it's true jare. I was just hissing n shaking my head yesterday. This is not the Falcons I used to know. D most painful part is that nobody is telling them d truth.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Undergoing Medicals At Juventus (Photos) / Scene Of The Accident That Killed Ifeanyi George (Graphic Photos) / "Sex With Messi Was Like With A Dead Body" - Xoana Gonzalez Says

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.